Advanced Yea Forumscore Chart

What do you think of the advanced Yea Forumscore chart, Yea Forums?

Also, feel free to roll by doing the following:
>take the four last digits from your post (XXXX)
>google "XXXX mod 1111"
>listen to the recording with that number
>share your thoughts
Have fun!

Attached: 1562812690458.png (2500x10000, 3.73M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KrdYa7W-R4c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pretty great, the fucking size of it limits the albums in each section though and you ended up throwing Glam, Power, Prog and Folk in the same metal section.
Roll.

fuck off already, nobody cares about your shitty chart no matter how hard you shill it

>you ended up throwing Glam, Power, Prog and Folk in the same metal section
Yeah, it's the best I could do.
Out of the four metal sections, one was for doom metal related genres, another one for genres that evolved out of thrash, and the other two for genres evolved out of heavy metal. That's as much as you can do when limited to only 20 metal recordings.

>nobody cares about your shitty chart
You are literally objectively wrong. I already know of a few people who have been following the guide.

roll
holy based

Not everything has to be objective

objectively wrong

i care, you cancerous little shit that contributes nothing to this board

>Front 242 - Geography
That's just a contrarian choice. Front By Front, Official Version or Tyranny For You are much better and much more representative of EBM as a style. I know it's a very minor detail but I care.
Also
>No Depeche Mode
trash.

rolling

roll

>That's just a contrarian choice
The chart just prioritzes early recordings from each genre, so the decision was mostly between DAF and Front 242, and I thought the later was more fitting.

>No Depeche Mode
I can't really put them on the chart since they weren't ever at the vanguard of a genre.

rolly poly

The Hardcore Punk, Japanese, and Hip-Hop sections all suck. The Post-Hardcore and Noise Rock sections kind of suck as well. You are probably leaving out more typical Yea Forumscore albums to have it be different from other charts, but then don't call it a Yea Forumscore chart. The usual albums you find in the charts are in the charts and considered Yea Forumscore for a reason.

>The Hardcore Punk, Japanese, and Hip-Hop sections all suck.
Care to elaborate why each of them sucks? I personally think the first two are pretty great. The hip hop chart could be better, but I would need a better categorization scheme for the genre to achieve this.

>The Post-Hardcore and Noise Rock sections kind of suck as well
Sections or recordings? And how come?

>You are probably leaving out more typical Yea Forumscore albums to have it be different from other charts
I'm not avoiding Yea Forumscore on purpose.

>don't call it a Yea Forumscore chart
This is the advanced Yea Forumscore chart though.

are you the folk rock user from yesterday?

I just think there are better albums that represent those sections of the chart than the ones you put. For example, why would you ATCQs first album under jazz rap over their second or third, which most people will say are much better projects. Same goes for hardcore punk, why the first four years for black flag? Why not Damaged? I might be misunderstanding what you mean by "advanced". I assume advanced meant because of how many albums are contained on the chart, and how you roll for the album. Does it mean alternative Yea Forumscore? Cause then I understand why you wouldn't pick albums like the ones I listed. I feel like it's the former though because I go to jazz and I see albums like Kind of Blue, Giant Steps, A Love Supreme, Spiritual Unity, and The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady which are all very much primary Yea Forumscore albums.

>Released June 21, 1965

Attached: 090434C6-8E1E-45F2-A511-0B070E1956B2.jpg (220x220, 13K)

>Released March 22, 1965

Attached: C161FD6F-35BF-49C7-85D3-9796850C584D.jpg (300x300, 45K)

why do I have such terrible luck

Most of those can be answered because the chart prioritized early recordings of the genre, so as to show the progression of a genre. The first TCQ album is very well regarded anyways, as is that compilation of Black Flag's early material.

>I might be misunderstanding what you mean by "advanced"
You are not meant to take that part very seriously, but it's there because "advanced" refers to more than just rock (which is what 90% of Yea Forumscore is).

>Does it mean alternative Yea Forumscore?
No, just advanced, because it's better :^)

Can't add Dylan because less than half of the tracks from the album are folk rock, as opposed to Byrd's which are all folk rock. The blues rock tracks are just blues rock, there isn't anything "folk" (in the "folk" rock part of the term) in those two songs you claim are folk blues.

>early recordings implies better
>using the smile with carrot nose
You should specify at the top where you plug your reddit and discord that the chart focuses more on earlier recordings of the genre.

>Can't add Dylan because less than half of the tracks from the album are folk rock
Actually, 7 out of the 11 tracks are folk rock. And the last song on Mr. Tambourine Man isn’t folk rock, it’s traditional pop

>early recordings implies better
When did I say this? Early recordings help make sense on the development of music genres. The original Yea Forumscore chart didn't focus on good music anyways.

>You should specify at the top where you plug your reddit and discord that the chart focuses more on earlier recordings of the genre.
It used to have that information and some other stuff before, but it was too cluttering, so I removed it. I think I will go back to adding that again though.

>7 out of the 11 tracks are folk rock
Consensus is only five are, because the other two are just blues rock.

>And the last song on Mr. Tambourine Man isn’t folk rock, it’s traditional pop
This?
youtube.com/watch?v=KrdYa7W-R4c
This is definitely folk rock.

roll

Roluo

De Rolo

rawl

Chart tourism is destructive for discovering music

>Consensus is only five are, because the other two are just blues rock.
No, they’re folk rock. Even if it is five (it’s seven), that doesn’t change the fact that Bob Dylan invented folk rock, and deliberately created an album which is half folk and half folk rock

rolling

>No, they’re folk rock.
Consensus is they are blues rock. Sorry, but I can't do much about this when consensus is less than half of the tracks are folk rock.

>that doesn’t change the fact that Bob Dylan invented folk rock
Indeed he did, he just didn't have the first folk rock album.

Not all of them. This chart teaches people there is more to music than just rock and hip hop.

Not a fan on the pieces of choice regarding Ravel, personally. General lack of the French, too; way too Germanic leaning overall. Schubert could do with Winterreise. The Boulez conducted version of Pierrot Lunaire is too dry, personally. I'd maybe throw Berg's Kammerkonzert in.

>Consensus is they are blues rock
Whose consensus? Where did you hear these weren’t folk rock?
>Indeed he did, he just didn't have the first folk rock album
Yeah he did. His folk rock album Bringing It All Back Home was released long before the Byrds Mr. Tambourine Man

>Whose consensus?
RateYourMusic's track genre votes.

>His folk rock album Bringing It All Back Home
It has some folk rock songs, but it's not a folk rock album.

>RateYourMusic's track genre votes.

Attached: 5DABE4F6-E1BD-420B-81F6-F09F56EEF738.png (268x188, 6K)

Yeah, let's believe the random user instead.

now this is faggotry and autism

Dumbass, the concept of the album is that the first half is folk rock and the second half is folk. Dylan didn’t think “gee, that’s enough folk rock, I wouldn’t wanna overload it. I’m gonna make this next song electric blues instead.” The fact that a bunch of genre-autist rym trannies think they know more than Dylan doesn’t change that.
Bob Dylan was the defining figure of folk rock. There are entire books written about the moment Bob Dylan first started using the electric guitar. That’s why the first Byrds album has so many Dylan covers. He released the first folk rock album, when he released Bringing It All Back Home, with 7 folk rock songs and 4 folk songs.

why would we not care about an insightful chart that encourages actual discussion on this music forum

pretty dope

rerollin my african section is already rounded out.

so is my klezmer...

Hmmmmmm....

roll

you obviously do not care enough to contribute something meaningful to the thread either though. actually no one does, all this shit ever creates is pedantic discussions of overly autistic genrefaggots, literally no one talks about the actual musical qualities of the records on the chart. i just think that it's really sad to see OP force his shitty meme on a daily basis here, defending it to a autistic degree even. it's clear that it's not catching on, just accept it, let it die and move on.

roll

Roll

Roll

roll

rolling

rolling

Even if we assume those blues rock tracks are also folk rock, it's still half an album of folk rock, as opposed to the Byrds' album which is 100% folk rock.

The chart has created some interesting discussions in the past (not just on Yea Forums). It doesn't happen often, but it happens.

>it's not catching on
But it has, since a lot of users have been following the chart. That's a success.

tfw no billie holiday in the jazz part

roll

There actually is some billie holiday, it's just in the north american folk section, since vocal jazz is closer to vaudeville than actual jazz.

7/11 is not half

23 out of 46 minutes is a half.

Stop kissing that faggot's ass

Roll

Rolled Judas Priest - Sad Wings Of Destiny.

So far I'd say it is an 8/10. Worth a relisten

well well well

roll

roll

rolly polly fat boy rolliu