String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>stringtensionpro.com
Music theory:
>musictheory.net/lessons/
Guitar Maintenance and other information:
>frudua.com/guitar-craftpedia-en.html
Why is my guitar buzzing?
>frets.com/FretsPagesLuthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
>mega.nz/#F!KIoilagK!3KtnUYdTW43VsQu9QjJS_g

Previous thread:

Attached: page.jpg (396x574, 223K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yWatu1BG4WU
youtube.com/watch?v=hr7ScpVj1QY&feature=youtu.be&t=629
sonovente.com/fender-mustang-i-v-2-p39724.html#from-engine=algolia
sonovente.com/fender-player-telecaster-mn-lh-butterscotch-blonde-p62203.html
sonovente.com/epiphone-les-paul-custom-pro-ebony-left-hand-p63490.html
youtu.be/qDXOa0DCnuA?t=275
youtube.com/watch?v=dGsN3dwUuXU
youtube.com/watch?v=aB0lPmoZJ08
youtube.com/watch?v=E3uFMJhCeSk
youtube.com/watch?v=OztC_7nkAd8
vocaroo.com/i/s1cZYmLZN4ei
youtube.com/watch?v=VIJ08MiRGEo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Should I buy a Boss GT 6?

Love me a cute butthurt poster complaining about no help

Do you want a Boss GT 6?

Should I want a Boss GT 6?

Who am I to say?

It depends. Do you own a Gibson?

shut up faggot

Who are you not to?
Sure.

>Who are you not to?
Not the guy asking if he should buy one.

>Sure.
Then maybe. I'd have said no had you said no, as that would mean that ensuring you possessed an adequate guitar should be prioritized over pedal acquirement.

I have a Boss GT 8, and I like my $80 Zoom G1 Four better in most ways.

That's neither here nor there.

Do you own a Gibson?

but it is

Is what?

Get a Zoom G5n.

Shots fired?

Attached: 20190711_014718.jpg (1440x2127, 1.21M)

Looks like he's playing authentic to me buddy

why would they hire a guy so unpleasant to look at to be their media guy

Because he's a sacrificial lamb. This move was planned long before they hired him. They knew if it backfired, they could pin it all on him.

In my opinion gibson and fender guitars are fucking dogshit and the solid body electric guitar has come a long, long way since "real" les pauls, strats, and teles. If anything, those were the days when it foolishly diverged from the playing feel of real guitars seeking to make it easier, and these days electrics are starting to feel more like actual guitars with wider, flatter necks at the cost of the ability of shitters to play an F.

Yeah but the fast shredding

Ok?

Get a real guitar and learn fingerpicking

ok?

Only a Martin is good enough.

Attached: martin-show-dvd.jpg (656x916, 85K)

das rite nigga

opinion on a fender jazz bass MIM for a starter bass? i can get one used for 350.

>tfw too dumb to understand inversions

Attached: 48386D7D-C7E2-4DED-96CA-4446D785AD45.png (256x256, 62K)

schecter basses are nicer imho but still cheap shit and the ones that are significantly nicer cost twice as much as that

as far as starter instruments go midrange/high end epiphone and schecter are the best and massively underrated. i wouldn't start on anything worse, unless you got a really nice mexifender with upgrades and some lucky wood.

Attached: hfx13uyzw40ly4pquuz1.jpg (750x861, 185K)

Does anyone know of any cool sax solos that work well on guitar? I always loved sax solos but don't really wanna the sax at this stage.

Attached: GOY DIVISION.jpg (710x1024, 175K)

The only problem with them is their "set up to play" gimmick only works half the time. Set up to play by pot smoking amateurs, maybe. Which is to say I would never order a brand new schecter online. Same for gibson, but that's because you don't want tiny, barely noticeable finish flaws in your $5000 guitar, not because you're afraid of getting something that plays like shit.

surf or seafoam bros?

Attached: 34909ea5f406ca81d299c9b84e4d5277.jpg (640x453, 37K)

seafoam

I've asked this to like 6 people so far and it amazes me that everyone has chosen Seafoam

still gonna go with surf green tho

Attached: P7160003.jpg (480x640, 43K)

Surf looks more "boppin" on my monitor

Only a gretsch is good enough

Attached: gretschg6228playerseditionjetbtreviewfeature1400x1050.jpg (1400x1048, 365K)

my fender strat has a tone knob routed to the bridge pickup. Did the shop mod it, or has fender started making them this way? bought it new in 2006

Have a pity (you). You've been posting so hard all day.

Gibcels will never know what it's like to have a fucking falcon on your pickguard

Attached: JT19031139-body-large.jpg (500x749, 45K)

i kno rite

Attached: 1523511975826.jpg (469x522, 27K)

What fools they are

Attached: 2003-Gretsch-7594-White-Falcon-ll-Double-Cut-Hollowbody-Electric-Guitar-wOHSC-253203637596.jpg (1410x1516, 197K)

>no tonebird inlays
lmao

>not having tone bats

you fucked up

Attached: DAMIEN 6 FR SBK 2013 TILT5.png (2000x640, 961K)

If I’m going to be waiting until I’m good enough and actually have an idea of what a tone I like is before I buy a tube amp, does that mean I don’t need pedals right now?

>tfw my Gretsch only has a panther on it
this sucks

pedals are a waste of time and money

also don't trust youtube audio

iktf

Attached: 1524611040381.jpg (1024x768, 315K)

>tonebats
ehhh
ill give it to you but just this once. still would be a better timbre with the traditional tonebird inlays but bats are birds i guess so it still sounds better than everything but a PRStm

get toobes if you like a specific toob amp sound and if you can turn it up so it sounds good

if you can't turn it up, go with a hybrid with preamp tubes and ss power amp

get a modeler if you really need all those different amp sounds, but desu you might as well get an interface and pirate biasfx if you want to go down that route

some actual, non modelling analog ss amps are cool. i like the sunn beta lead (distortion), the roland jazz chorus and the orange crush pro series clean sounds. the regular crush are also great as cheap practice and pedal platform amps.

David Gilmour
Rory Gallagher

Get a reverb unless your amp has it

bats are mammals

so are birds

tonemammals
they fly therefore are birds. i don't care what your "taxonomists" say, they haven't heard the timbres like I have

gretsch bros UNITE

Attached: 1519079095229.jpg (1300x731, 232K)

>no tone falcon

I bet that's a fake gibson too

thanks, what about a footswitch so I don’t have to mess with the amp?
I would like one but I don’t even know how to play yet or what sound I like so I guess a SS is best and I won’t be able to turn it up either
I’ll have to check idk
I didn’t rrally want a katana so I was looking at the Fender mustangs or Marshall code

im looking for bass guitars on craigslist and what makes me hesitant about picking up the $400 schecter stiletto is like, the lack of images. There's one and I think it's a stock photo because of the plain white background.

meanwhile the MIM jazz fender i mentioned has a lot of pictures, some of which are taken to show the neck isn't twisted or fucked up or anything like that...which i heard is important to look at when picking up a used bass?inspires a man with a whole lot more confidence.

both basses, according to their descriptions (and this is craigslist so who knows how reliable those are) say that both instruments are in great condition, have hardly been played, yada yada, so I don't think i'm going to see any upgrades on the MIM. Body is supposedly alder, neck is supposedly maple. no idea what that says about wood quality.

epiphones are good? arent they made by gibson? just by lurking here and looking on other forums ive heard that gibsons are pretty shit for their price. So this only applies to their main brand?

and what makes a good starter instrument? I've been getting mixed messages. Some people say anything around $300-600 is good for a beginner and even that squier affinities can pass for a time, but apparently your standards are way higher. should i be so picky?

pic related is the jazz fender im eyeing plus the schecters that ive seen on the 'list.

Attached: basses.png (1618x1506, 3.61M)

shut up you idiot

Gibsons are great, a little pricey but not so much it bothers people with jobs. Stop reading poorforums.

Hey guys any good books in the mega share on scales? Or in general for guitar scales?
I read that 12 rules one, I just want the tabs for a few scales with recommended fingering, not some queer looking dickhead writing about how fucking good they are for 6 of the 12 pages.

is this general about guitar playing or discussing guitars

thats such bullshit, working people are generally stingy as fuck with themselves with almost anything apart from cars (what the fuck are they thinking about with that) and vacations.

almost everyone here are beginners, as you can tell from reading the threads. its mostly a gear thread, but some people sometimes post clips. They usually get trolled or 0 replies

You can't tell if the neck is twisted or warped until you check the instrument in person.

Avoid anything Gibson-related for bass. Epiphones too.
Schecters are really decent quality but I don't like the way they look. You won't go wrong with them. Good thing is that they typically come with EMGs or EMG-sized stock pups so you can easily swap them without having to route anything.

You will have a lot easier time flipping the Fender if you dont like it, but Schecter will give you a lot more options with its preamp + you can swap those EMGs without having to solder. You can even get J pickups in that EMG housing, they make all kinds of shit.

>putting together a pedal board today, can't decide between Sansamp or VT DI and don't want to fuck both up with Velcro

I'd replace the pickup housing for that vintage beige ones. That would look 10/10 with the maple neck.

>actually a very good pedal set up. nice one.
thanks user!

Attached: 1544266794619.jpg (2916x3416, 2.89M)

those aren't his guitars. they're mine. i dont know why he'd pose as me.

>he didn't wait for the Matriarch

Attached: 1538727956903.jpg (326x294, 12K)

Can you guys figure out the lead in the intro?
The rythm guitar is pretty easy, but those intro notes are a little too fast for me to understand; I know there's a lot of F#, but... :(
youtube.com/watch?v=yWatu1BG4WU

download Amazing Slow Downer
you can turn down the tempo of a song without changing its pitch, works pretty good

horrible voice sounds like bob kelly's titty moutain highway except more nasaly, but its nice to see someones trying to keep up rock as a tradition

Considering the singer is a frog, you can't expect too much form him.

Attached: 00G0G_Tx4Qy2caAc_1200x900.jpg (675x900, 71K)

135 351 513
It really is that simple.

Surf for sure.

Smart man. You don't need pedals. The only thing you need is to git gud and you don't even need an amp to do that.

What kinda tabs do you want, man? What kinda music are you making?

Fag

low end crew, should I get a six string as an upgrade from four or should I get a fiver first? also, does it matter how much experience I have on a regular four string when I get my six? Or should I just get it asap and switch to it full time since I'm planing on playing six for the rest of my days?

I like women

this looks cool what is it

>and switch to it full time since I'm planing on playing six for the rest of my days?

I'm not a bassist but if you have the money to get a decent, used 6 string from a well established brand I think it's a good idea. For resale reasons, not quality ofc.

A headstock

yeah but what's the guitar called i want to look it up

Menace series. That one is an SG specifically.

thanks man
sorry i was trying to do the google image search and pressed the wrong button

play it long enough and it'll just be a headstock

Neat.

>brass knuckles inlay
you aren't fooling anyone

Should I get brand new Squier classic vibe butterscoth Tele for 400 euro or used but decent condition Fender American special Tele for 700? I was offered Gibson les paul studio 2008 for 800 too so lads what should i get? My budget is between 500 to 800 euros

Attached: 1558434373657.jpg (564x845, 80K)

I didn't build it.I don't even own it.

Brass knuckle inlay is how you can tell I'm a tough guy who don't take shit from no one

based and gibsonpilled

Never settle for good enough

Attached: Heritage H-150.jpg (800x533, 178K)

please just an amp on a similar level that isnt a katana

>knock off Les Paul
kek

>knock off
gibson's the knock off of themselves
Heritage is the legacy of the original

I WANT A JAGUAR STRAT BUT IM POOR

>defending a knock off
don't do that to yourself man

have we got to the faggot aspy who
>DIPS HIS GUITAR IN OIL
yet?

I obviously missed this one. WTF are you on about?

>make great guitars in kalamazoo
>jews move away and take the company name to make more money
>they make shitty knock offs of their previous work
>you stayed and put passion into the guitars
>some retard defends paying more for shitty factory guitars instead of nice handmade guitars
really a shame

some user poster who lubricates his machine heads in oil so the strings don't slip??? i didnt get what he was on about but he said it was ok as long as you didnt get messy. sounded moronic but he swears by it

>incoherent rambling
remember to take your meds kids you don't want to end up like out friend here

He oils his gears, or the whole machine? Some machine heads need lubricating.

I already told you to shut the fuck up sam.

even though we ain't got money
i'm so in love with you honey

Attached: epi.png (454x714, 573K)

I hope this is bait for the worlds sake

anything's better than a gibson

>sounded moronic
Stick around, the sheer amount of moronic we get in /gg/ is amazing.

Attached: 1561933105076.jpg (1836x2723, 1.14M)

>that guy who uses a STRAIGHT cable
hahaha

reminder to use superior coiled to prevent tripping

how does a coiled cable prevent tripping

what the fuck

Attached: 1515002044490.jpg (820x820, 46K)

there is much less tension because a coil can stetch so if you step on it theres much less chance to trip or rip it out

Why did these vintage tuning pegs fall out in favour of those shitty, ugly ass lighthouse pegs?

Attached: fender-mustang-vintage-tuners.jpg (550x413, 179K)

but you're still stepping on it

You ever tried looking where you're going with your feckless legs you drooling invalid?

youtube.com/watch?v=hr7ScpVj1QY&feature=youtu.be&t=629

i see something plugged on the amp, but not on the guitar
i'm intrigued

Why are you stepping on anything else other than floor? Are you blind? Mentally challenged?

Custom made for Tom Delong.

Attached: 1553526674202.png (500x500, 296K)

but you still step on the cable if you step on it
i don't get it
are they more durable?

How can I get a plexi clean sound on the cheap cheap?

Yeah my friends a blink fan.
Hate all you want the squier plays great

Attached: 20190501_173117.jpg (4160x3120, 3.88M)

>$359.95
>made in korea
>set neck gibson copy
why shouldn't I buy an Agile AL?

Attached: agile_al_3010.png (260x556, 229K)

You will feel it against your leg and have time to step back. With normal cables you'll either just trip or unplug something.

it probably plays better and holds tuning better than a gibson, you should get it.

>his imaginary friend owns a Mark Hoppus bass and lives in the same squalid conditions as he does
Lmao now all you have to do is conjure up an imaginary Travis Barker and you'll be set jcum

Attached: 1553285323402.jpg (250x250, 16K)

My bad we didnt set it up in the dining room where its nicer. I was so stupid for playing in a garage EVERYONE KNOWS SOUND HAS TO LIKE WHAT IT SEES TO SOUND GOOD.
Tell me what consists of a travis barker drumset. And ill see if i have a pic for you

>in the dining room where its nicer
You keep all the rat turds swept up in there a little bit better or something?

Attached: guitar-hamster-msyugioh123-30584897-500-354.jpg (500x354, 71K)

do I need a strap when starting?
if so what type because there are like 1000

>give me attention
Here (you) go kid

So... that's a no then?

Attached: hugh-laurie_320.jpg (320x240, 30K)

you dont need to if you will be sitting, but if you learn sitting, make sure to learn correct posture to play more relaxed. learn how to sit and hold your guitar classically, its optimal and translates better to standing than being hunched over your guitar. any strap will do for standing. as long as its going to hold your guitar

Are there any Epiphones still made in Korea?

My hands are small and mute the high e when playing open A chords and Ems. Here's a pic. What can I do to remedy this because it feels impossible to get my palm out of the way without not muting the low E.

Attached: Screenshot_20190711-163533_Gallery.jpg (720x1480, 497K)

bring your wrist down

No, around the mid 2000s the Korean Epiphone workers we're trying to unionize and Gibson moved production to China.

Used only. All new ones are chinese

Keep your thumb under the neck not on the side.

Put your thumb on the middle of the neck instead of wrapping it around

Keith Richards didn't need a high E and neither do you.

he didn't have a low e you retard

>baited
kek

yeah you really got me you fucking moron

No, I think that was the Kinks

KEK

Fucking retard van halen did it first

it's not the size of your hands, it's your technique

>a swing and a miss
oooh ouch

>baited
Kek

>strike two

>he's still going

>he replied to obvious deep bait

Fender has started making them this way. I have a 2016 MIA wired similarly.

>strike three
comedy is hard!

>still going

look up videos on classical guitar posture and technique

>now he thinks hes a comedian
Kek

Birds are animals, but not mammals. You need boobs to be a mammal, and they have fur, not feathers.

This. Leave it to the pros guys

Well do you have any suggestions?

tell me a joke please

And lay live young not in eggs. 2 exceptions to that rule the platypus and echidna i believe.

bring your wrist down and et your thumb off the top of the neck

We biology now guys

the most obvious one is to never keep your thumb anywhere else but the back of the neck

Only one guy in here is a high school dropout. Sam didnt get to finish middle school so we wont count him or the collective iq drastically falls

Then I won't be muting the low e

>another dumbass whiteoid that thinks hes hendrix
Holy fuck you can write shit like this

This new Gibson advertising campaign is a tad aggressive in my opinion. Accurate though.

Attached: 81efa2dfe0d89b7d8abc44814408a40e--gibson-guitars-esp-guitars.jpg (492x640, 64K)

use your index finger

you can use your picking hand for that brah

???? Wh

Who did that?

Tom Delongs guitar tech.

Attached: 1538706533842.jpg (219x210, 5K)

Stop pushing your palm/fingers against the high-E side of the neck, and only wrap your thumb around the low-E side of the neck if you want to mute the low E (e.g., when playing A).

Nigga just don't hit that string

My fingers are literally too short. I can't. My index is like 3 inches long

what am I missing here? Is it that it's fretless?

Producing live young is about being a placental mammal, one of the three groups of mammals, and by far the largest. It is perfectly acceptable for mammals to lay eggs: these are called monotremes. The third group are marsupials, which have pouches. These latter two groups of mammals are native to Australia, exclusively if I recall correctly.

nigga if 5ft tall asian girls with their tiny hands can play the bass flawlessly, which requires more fretboard acrobatics especially the lower you go, than you can stick your "my fingers are too short" excuse straight up your ass

You probably don't realise this, but you are the ten millionth person to declare that they can't play basic guitar chords because of the size of the hands or something wrong with their fingers. You're also the ten millionth person who is wrong and needs to listen to us and practice.

how tall/short are you?

I know I know, but I can't possibly work out how not to mute it and purposely mute the low E.

I'm not a beginner btw, just thought I'd make that clear

Attached: Screenshot_20190711-172359_Gallery.jpg (720x1480, 486K)

Unless you're an actual baby, there is no way that your hands are too small to play an A chord, and we've seen the photo. Stop making excuses and just follow our advice.

the nut

>I can't play open E and open A but I'm not a beginner
If you can't play these correctly after a few weeks you need a teacher.

you'll need to have that "pocket" under the neck and not stick the area where your fingers meet your palm to the neck for that to ever happen my man

Your hands are more than big enough. Listen to the advice in this thread.

Move your fucking thumb to the correct position you mong.

tfw you cant tell what is or isn't a good tone and youtube isn't accurate so buying an amp is impossible

feelsbadman

get a tutor if you're this fucking helpless

Now see this is how you do comedy guys. Everybody pay attention and watch how a pro does it

Fun fact. Japan market Epis have the Gibson headstock.

I'm not unintentionally not follow your advice. I don't understand what you lot mean and can't visualise it. I'd appreciate a pic of demonstration to show me. Please!

Attached: IMG_20190711_123226~2-1022x1186.jpg (1022x1186, 167K)

bring your fucking wrist down
move your wrist closer to the fucking ground
jesus fuck

It was a fixer upper. I dont know if you guys are aware that its a graphtech tusq xl nut and i can just sand it.

Attached: 20190708_120752.jpg (4160x3120, 3.58M)

Albino hendrix in the house.
Kys

Oh yeah man you sound like a real professional

rotate your wrist a bit in the direction like you are trying to open a bottle with your left hand
keep your thumb on the back of the neck
do not make contact with the underside of the neck with your fretting hand
work on learning the proper technique is what we all are saying basically

Im sorry but when did i make that claim? Id love to see your work and use it for inspiration.

Put your thumb on the back of the neck, not over the top of it

Attached: Open-A-Chord-angled-fingers.jpg (640x480, 26K)

you have the shittiest guitars i have ever seen in this general

Lets see yours for comparison

Singles and i kaka on sams dead retarded dad
Dubz and i kaka in sams mouth and make him feed it to his dad.
Trips and sams dad is resuscitated for eternity to eat kaka

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-07-11-29-21(1).png (1080x1546, 778K)

>jcum wanted to have an identity in /gg/
>now he gets upset when he's the butt of every joke here because he's poor and stupid
its sad he did this to himself but it is what it is

Reroll.

Alright give it to me straight. What makes a squier bass vi shitty?

So what about that low E? That's just gonna ring out?

Standard answer? It says "Squier" on the headstock.

Real answer? The guy playing it.

Don't hit it

First time on Yea Forums and /gg/.

When i was 10 years old i played guitar and even create a band, we mostly play cover of band like Offspring, Blink 182, Sum 41, Green Day yeah i'm this kind of kid.

It's has been 8 years since i touched my guitar, i want to try to play again, i think i have lost everything and i would have to go back since the beginning except the power chords.

But i give my amp (VOX) and my two guitar to my little cousin (Cort and Epiphone, yeah i do not have a lot of money) so i have to buy everything again.

I've always dream to play with a Telecaster, what do you guys think about the Fender Telecaster Mexican ? (again i can't buy an american one).

I think i will buy those :

sonovente.com/fender-mustang-i-v-2-p39724.html#from-engine=algolia

the Telecaster (im a lefty)
sonovente.com/fender-player-telecaster-mn-lh-butterscotch-blonde-p62203.html

And im interested into this one too:
sonovente.com/epiphone-les-paul-custom-pro-ebony-left-hand-p63490.html

Sorry for the long post, i'm trying !

ouch

I mean more in terms of the components like whats something they really cut corners on?

Get a job.

Usually tuners, pots and switches.

He's trying to thumb mute the low E while playing A, which is what you should always do, you fucking mongoloid.

Im guessing ill need to give it a hardware and electronics overhaul. Do you know how the bridge is?

I love it.

Or just don't hit the E, like a normal person.

You don't have to What's in there is alright. Pots and switches might need replacing sooner than others, but I wouldn't until it needs it. My squier tuners were just as good as my Fender branded ones.

What do you guys think are the coolest alternate tunings?

Normal people can and do thumb mute low strings when playing open chords. If you're too fucking incompetent to wrap your thumb around to mute the A string when playing an open D maybe you should fuck off and practice a bit more instead of shitposting?

you love being the butt of every joke here because you're poor and stupid?

No, I love 900fag being the butt of every joke here because he's poor and stupid.

Maybe you should work on your pick control if you're hitting strings you don't mean to instead of shitposting.

modelling amps with plexi sound?

youre cruel then. i feel sorry for him more than anything

Keeper.

Autocorrected from "Kemper".

Just get a plexi

Been playing a few years now and I'm fairly competent. Not what I'd call a "guitarist" but, like, at that level where learning varied parts is noticeably easier because you have a solid overall technical grounding. Timing and rhythm is good, and my ability to create/ replicate a part is good (that stuff Paul Davids talks about, cover bands who play all the right notes but miss out the technical nuances)

But, the frustrating thing is I kind of still struggle with what seems to be some basic stuff. I have particularly poor control (not sure if left or right hand, probably mostly right) when it comes to muting unnecessary strings.
My picking hand precision has definitely improved over the last year or so but sometimes this is an issue too. I've got ADHD, and I think sometimes it's me just making the same mistakes over and over because I'm not focusing.

Also (guess everyone relates to this), is that when I'm having fun and playing a slow old song or something, that's actually pretty tricky.
Speed is obviously easier for lead playing, but even having a slow strum along is harder than a quick one.

youtu.be/qDXOa0DCnuA?t=275
How does not one feel an overwhelmingly suicide inducing weight of shame posting in a thread dedicated to playing guitar and not even having the basic skillset of advancing past stage 1 of Justin Guitar's already lenient course?

all bass vi's have shit bridges

Works for me.

I bet Jcum could easily replace it with one that doesn't fit.

Nice blog.

I don't know, how do you manage?

You know, there;s more than one fucking way to do things. Guy already stated your way wasn't working. I offered another. Why do you feel the need to fuck up every conversation?

Only have one guitar and I plan on keeping it that way. No way I'm going over 400pound/500dollars

I have my eye on the Gretsch Streamliner models. These youtube videos are shit though, can any of you guys give me some advice? I gather some of them are hollow bodies and some aren't, but that's about it

No thats sams job.

What would be a viable replacement?

Stop fucking playing with your thumb over on the low E

It's a showmanship technique for people with big hands to say "haha look i have big hands". There is no chord on guitar that absolutely must be played with the thumb and it just slows all your other fingers down.

go to guitarcenter and play one

justin guitar is bullshit. you can learn more by googling chord shapes

i mean look at that retard, he's not even holding the guitar right and he just has to fret with his thumb with his pinky dangling in space.

he actually plays guitar and you don't

>Guy already stated your way wasn't working
So your solution to someone having difficulty with developing proper technique is to not bother? If someone is having trouble playing tthe barre F chord from the start, you just tell them not to bother working on it and instead forever play the beginner version? I guess that's a fitting kind of attitude for a shit general where everyone spends more time looking through gimmicky-ass gear instead of actually playing guitar. Please do me a favour and kick your dad in the nuts so he doesn't spray any more retard genes unto this world.

I just skip over bar chords when I play

>Fox and the grapes for handlets

Me too. I get along fine.

he plays cowboy chord guitar over his hip like people who just strum open chords and sing until their left wrist hurts

i play classical guitar developed over hundreds of years for ideal technique

no, that is not proper technique. the proper technique is not hitting strings you don't want to play. actually it's using your fingers so spastic strumming isn't even a problem.

someone with large hands who plays like hendrix is gimping themselves so the rest of their fingers can only reach as much of the fretboard as a handlet. proper technique exists because people other than show-off rock music niggers found out it worked and helped people play to the best of their ability. "casual" technique exists because it looks cool and someone who could have done better sold some records doing it.

It will be a cold day in a hell when I let Justin slander be put out in to the world. I remember when I was starting out, he was so awesome. One of the nicest people on youtube, possibly ever

he makes it really accessible at the bottom, but the guy can also fucking play. Humility is something you all could learn - maybe he should do a course on that?
youtube.com/watch?v=dGsN3dwUuXU

>help, if i leave the first position my wrist burns

what the fuck are you talking about?

>Open e starts with an e note
>Open g starts with a g note
>Open a should start with an e note.

Nigga wut.

You don't play shit, you're a clueless moron larping on an anonymous chatroom. Sort yourself out.

>chatroom
*crack*

Attached: b4aa6543d607c096b5a22075b8995687.png (467x700, 483K)

I can't imagine feeling that superior despite playing a genre of music that nobody cares about

His playing.

He's already playing hunched over and probably already has back pain from it. But go ahead, hurt yourself and limit your playing because you're too cool to do things properly.

>inb4 i don't play enough for retarded ergonomics to hurt

It's your painful back and wrist and your shitty "just another rock guitarist" playing, not mine.

so anything but hiphop lmao

ain't it the truth

Attached: 1546242867038.png (612x535, 216K)

I recognise you from a post I made weeks ago. Using the thumb is so much better and I'll tell you why:

I've been really into Ain't She Sweet lately. E-C7-B7 at the start of the verses.

You have basically two options for the rhythm section - play the maj7th chords barred at frets 3 and 2, or play them as open shapes. To play any other inversions on the neck will lack the strength needed for the rhythm part. Using the barre (BARRE) chords sounds awful, going from open E to them sounds shit, and it's slightly more awkward to play. However, if you go from the open E to the open C7 and B7, it also sounds shit, because going from a chord with a bass note on the low E string (i.e. E) to a chord without one is jarring. For consistency and the fact it sounds much better, wrapping your thumb over fret 3 for C7 and 2 for B7 sounds immeasurably better.

Attached: 1420053635905460.jpg (1298x1440, 210K)

>hurr why is this guy teaching cowboy chords as part of his beginner's stage of the course?
>why can't he be a professional like me, a bedroom faggot who can't mute base notes
You're fucking nobody, in case you forgot. Always will be.

Mate, he's recording 10 seconds of playing for a video you fucking idiot. And your point was originally about his left hand (which is fine) anyway, not his posture.

>probably already has back pain
so basically you just admitted you are basing this random criticism on literally no evidence. Great job

user C7 and B7 have the low E muted. You just don't hit it.

Has anyone actually used these irl? I don't know which is pretty safe bet
Fender Mustang
Fender Champion
Orange Crush

>He doesn't play with his left hand over the neck
>He didn't have the sense to buy a PRS, the best guitar at every price point

Attached: oaJVbfG.png (835x598, 901K)

I'm curious, what does /gg/ think of my setup
-Cort X11
-Fender Mustang v2

Attached: setup.png (1276x753, 806K)

I'm saying it sounds good if you do that. I know chord sheets say that but harmonically it seems absolutely fine to me. And I think it sounds weak otherwise.

I never used to do it, but I've started and it sounds great.

Put it this way, if you play an E7 in that same open C7 shape (C7-D7-E7 up the neck), you would use the open low E, because it sounds fucking amazing and it is harmonically appropriate. Lots of tracks end on it because of this. It only makes sense to get the same effect by thumb fretting, because that E7 is obviously only time the open string will have the correct note

>shuffle

Attached: 1437602502256.gif (500x354, 259K)

>play d chord
>g string sounds wildly out of tune
>every other chord sounds fine
>intonation seems fine
I understand that the chord won't be perfect, but none of my other guitars sound that far off

Don't know. Record some playing and I'll tell you.

I’d go Fender over Orange from personal experience—unless we’re talking tubes.
I have a 30 watt Orange Crush combo and I’ve never been terribly fond of the tone.

really bad, try this:

Gibson Les Paul Standard in heritage cherry sunburst
Vox AC30

G string tends to go out of tune the most in my experience, and apparently in everyone else's. It's a very ugly sounding open string and sounds weird fretted too, so I always avoid an open G chord when I can get away with it.

I don't think there's any getting around it.

>i play classical guitar developed over hundreds of years for ideal technique
so?

It's frustrating

i need a semi hollow
should i get a 339 or a 335?

You should play the F triad instead. Only guitarfags care about low strings. Normal people only listen for the treble anyway. You can even three-finger it, don't have to barre at all.

Thanks.

Although you say that about Fender, I was looking at the recent Champion50 and Mustang GT/LT modelling amps and read that they’re absolute trash but they seemed to sound okay to my beginner ears. I have no idea what to use as a first amp because everyone shits on anything that isn’t a katanuh.

>Have Telecaster for years
>Practically a great guitar
>Find it a bit boring and it doesn't excite
>Look around at various ranked lists
>Telecaster variants top a lot of them

isn't it shit how the grass is always greener on the other side. I fall out of love with everything that I own

Hagstrom Viking

that wasn't one of the options

>Only guitarfags care about low strings.
good we're on the violin general then

yep. I think it sounds way more noticeable unplugged though.

I used to do this but it's really inferior in hindsight
Also, the difference in difficulty between them is small enough you might as well just practice

Then the 335

why

How is the difference small, the triad is just a three finger shape, it's even easier than the open D. It's superior in every way.

>guitar doesn't have a whammy bar
>playing a part done on a gretsch
>slide down and up to try emulate it

that was even worse than I expected

bigg

>Guitar doesn't have a whammy bar

Hang it up and buy something with a floyd rose

Attached: 1149402513_gtr_frt_001_rr.jpg (886x300, 108K)

what if you're doing a fingerpicking patter that uses the other three strings

Well, people tend to say open C and that F triad are the hardest 'beginner' chords to learn, so it's still not easy for a beginner

and skipping barre chords altogether is a stupid idea. I have tiny wrists and bony little weak hands but not they're as strong as hell from practicing. Only downside is intensive barring sometimes gives me some carpel tunnel syndrome shit

please don't seduce my poor ass

nice

>fingerpicking

we strum here, like men. they don't call it cowboy playing for no reason.

>finger picking
lol
just get a lead guitarist. That's his part.

>Floyd Rose
Those are for manchildren

The Mustang GT series is a lot better since the 2.0 update. Most complaints about tone are due to the speaker, which is some hi-fi thing that they selected so that it could handle bluetooth properly, whereas guitar speakers sound different. You could swap the speaker if you really wanted to, but if you like it as it is, and it's reasonably priced, go for it. The app is pretty good. Katanas are good, but the circlejerk is too strong.

but the lead guitarist can't play barre chords because he never learned how and only plays triads

question about bass, if a guitar player can learn a part on the guitar and play it (in a higher octave obviously), how hard would they find it to have a go on bass?

Obviously learning the fretboard is different, but if you knew what notes to play and got comfortable on the fretboard for that specific song, could you just pick it up eventually even if you'd never played bass? Sounds way too good to be true

Lead guitarist doesn't need to play chords. You play the chords, he plays the notes.

yes that's exactly true

>You play the chords
not since he kicked me out of the band for not being able to play barre chords

Manchild or old man, pick your poison

There are no guitars for cool people

>the virgin lead/ rhythm guitar
>the chad all rounder

youtube.com/watch?v=aB0lPmoZJ08

Attached: original.jpg (397x600, 67K)

>It's a whammy bar that stays in tune better
>"those are for manchildren"

Guitar is for manchildren. Stop wasting your time, buy some cheap land, and live an independent life with your white wife and children.

>we strum here
yeah, you strum triads like a little girl

What's wrong with being a little girl? I happen to be very cute thank you very much.

Attached: look at her go.gif (500x546, 660K)

What is the correct plural for manchild anyway? Would you not pluralise both man and child giving menchildren?

But you don't need to play barre chords. Nobody cares about base notes. That's what the basist is there for, and nobody likes or cares about the basist anyway.

>tranny
>can't play barre chords
it adds up

so bass (within the context of most genres of popular music) is unironically easy then?

so why do they have those lower strings on the guitar

This is actually a good point.

when I posted this I meant it was great for playing alone. It would be less necessary if in a band, but I bet it woulds still be an improvement

yes

So buskers can pretend like they're superstars too even though they're poorfags eating hobopacks who could never score a venue.

*Ahem*

Attached: preview (1).jpg (1200x1200, 109K)

most of the greatest guitar riffs are played on the lower three strings

So, what was the first song you learnt on the guitar anons? Mine was Horse with No Name by America.
>tfw first ever song had 9th chords in

fucking sweet, if you're not having me on then I might just give it a go then. Or at least, I feel more confident about communicating basslines using my guitar

Attached: 307.jpg (680x591, 34K)

ideally you just don't say it altogether because it's become a meaningless term for "someone who likes stuff i think is lame" when it used to mean men who were obnoxiously open about childlike interests and had no other hobbies or accomplishments to speak of (so eternal children who never developed those other things)

saying manchild makes you look like a manchild now. if you're over 20 and you say it without the perfect context you'll just look like one of those angsty teenagers who only likes mature video games with "deep plots" because he's mature and thoughtful.

just call them children instead, it's more to the point. because a manchild is still a man.

*Come As You Are intensifies*

John Squire > Marr

Attached: countrygentsmall.jpg (209x306, 14K)

That's a grandpa guitar if there ever was one

>playing bass notes

Springsteen was pretty cool, I guess you're right

You don't need A and E to play smoke on the water.

heck yeah sis me too

Attached: 1493011430472.jpg (480x800, 59K)

Well that's not really true, because as you said the word is still the word. So what if a few people misuse it

I think they still believe they're using it correctly, though. They believe that guitar is one of those childlike interests. That's of course ridiculous, as is a criticism of pretty much any interest. The no accomplishments part is the important bit. I honestly wouldn't judge one of those people that get mercilessly mocked here, who have a family but still play N64 or something, even if I would find that hobby a bit childish. Why does it matter if they are simultaneously fulfilling their adult responsibilities?

Attached: manchild.png (448x486, 35K)

Thanks I’m aware it’s good but I really can’t stand the circlejerk so anything that’s a close 2nd or 3rd is good enough for me which I thought was a Fender but maybe a Vox.

What did the 2.0 update change?
I’m not going anywhere any time soon and will be playing quietly I guess, should I consider the LT25 (supposed to sound better than 40 but limited signal chain effects) GT40 or GT100?

The 50XL looked a lot simpler and I don’t know if that’s better because on one hand it’s easier to just develop my ability without worrying but then I may never get a good idea of what amps or effects I like without spending a lot of money?

manchildren hush

He literally isn't.
The Smiths catalogue is far bigger, and Marr's a master on the guitar far beyond Squire

Waterfall, I Wanna Be Adored, great guitar playing in them, but nowhere near the complexity, diversity and elegance of anything the Smiths did.
See vidrelated for proof that The Smiths pre-emptively even beat the Roses at their own game.
youtube.com/watch?v=E3uFMJhCeSk
youtube.com/watch?v=OztC_7nkAd8

Does How Soon Is Now? sound kaka on anything that isn't a jag?

No idea, it's the kind of track that people should never try to replicate though, because it will always be underwhelming. Probably not complex to do, but it's too iconic.

Like how the shittest of high school bands think the song to show off with is Stairway to Heaven. Have never understood people's inclination to play classics instead of lesser known songs which will better obscure their lack of talent

Just putting your thumb over isn't playing like Hendrix. Hendrix used his thumb to fret notes, putting your thumb over is usually used for muting the low E or to give a better grip for bending.

Who hurt you

No user didn't you know Jimmy Hendricks invented thumbs.

Attached: 20180814_162800.jpg (1495x3679, 1.71M)

It's your nut. I had the same problem on an acoustic. Everyone told me it was the nut. I said everyone was crazy. Turns out, everyone was right.

Anyone wanna start a postrock band? Maybe Slint 2.0?
vocaroo.com/i/s1cZYmLZN4ei

Mostly amp models and cabinet simulation, I think they changed the default EQ around. I might be wrong, but I think the LT25 has a guitar speaker, as they axed the bluetooth audio (which frankly doesn't work very well with newer phones IME, it tends to cut out). I would say get either the LT25, or GT40. I have the GT100, and while I like it, the GT200 (last I checked) is $100 more and comes with a second speaker, twice the wattage, and the control pedal as well (which is $50 or so by itself). But once you're talking about loud $450 amps, there are probably better, more traditional options to consider instead. Personally, I would just find a good deal on a used GT40, I see some at GC for $20 more than a new LT25. If you want to play with effects, you'll be less limited, you have stereo speakers, and you have bluetooth for the controller app, which is actually pretty good.

You mean to tell me... You don't mute the low E for an Open A?

i don't want an epiphone though

Then get what I posted

Epiphone les paul studio, yay or nay for the price

Closest thing to a rickenbacker that isn't one?

Attached: IMG_0237.jpg (1536x2048, 939K)

you posted chinkshit what's the difference

Depends on the price. Also, the Studio LT is essentially a carved top, four knob version of the Special-II for almost double the price (don't buy it). The predecessor was the LP-100, which sucked.

Thanks I’ll take a look then. Probably going to lean towards 25, I can get something better when I can actually play well clean right?
Is it worth buying the looper footswitch for it or wait until I need it?

Mine's good

Well shit, that's probably it then. Thanks
Guess I gotta go bust a nut

chinkshit is good now? since when?

Keep up

I'd skip the looper pedal for now. And yes, it is possible to get too deep into customizing effects, they can be distracting. I think for $20 more, the GT40 is worth considering, for $90 more, probably not. Really, it'd be nice if they made the LT25 with the full GT processor and feature set, but that would kill off the GT40 in short order. Being able to download new presets from the internet is nice.

keep up with what? low standards?

Does anyone here have experience with the Marshall origin series?

Attached: 0037E3D1-8AB8-473F-91ED-BBA704C65860.jpg (750x685, 122K)

Don't believe shit posted here. Asian manufacturing has gotten better by leaps and bounds in the past years.

Swap pups

It's just butthurt Americans being butthurt over their global hegemony slipping away. They know china will eventually take them over in spying tech, and the chinks taking over in guitar making despite the US being the heart of rock n roll is even more embarrassing. Fuck the mutts. Buy Chinese.

Thoughts on putting Epiphone probuckers into pic related? How similar will it sound to an equivalent LP Standard Pro?

Attached: iu.jpg (1024x680, 132K)

>keep up with what? low standards?
so you guys are saying yes then?

Fuck of Cleetus. How does it feel living in a country that is retatded enough to have nationalists and at the same time not be a nation state?

oh jeez you're not losing your composure are you

facepalm.jpg why do you want vintage spec pafs in your shred machine?

What exactly does the LT25 not have that the GT40 does?

Also as for your previous comment about the GT200, if I am only going to play quietly there is definitely no point looking for a 100 or 200 used?
200 here is usually £370 but there are a few used for £270ish

Because I like the way it plays, but the stock pups sound dull and dead, I like the way my LP sounds, but I don't like the neck and scale as much. What would you recommend instead?

most probably your les paul have out of spec hot rodded pafs, buy a seymour duncan slash/pearly gates set instead.

Swap the pups between the 2 guitars

Saturday Night Specials are better. Hotter than PAF, but better

youtube.com/watch?v=VIJ08MiRGEo
where is the (6string) guitar in this? am i deaf?

>wanting high output pickups

Removed so you can hear the bass track better so you think she's actually playing.

>8.1 Ω bridge
>High Output

Major barre chords are triads, user. All major chords are triads.

Thats not a sure way to measure pickup hotness. An emg 81 is 10 ohms

>well ACKCHYUALLY...
Well actually I don't give a shit because others understood. Suck my dick you dumb bitch.

it is for PAFs which is what we are talking about, that shit is not PAF so fuck off.

Take a chill pill, Bill! Yikes!