Attached: primus.jpg (800x520, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7xxgRUyzgs0
youtube.com/watch?v=Q4hn5JsKHWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=tI0S5xn8rQo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Their audience is stoners and goofballs, not metalheads

they did it good

i love primus to death, but good god les claypool just loves the smell of his own farts too much sometimes

By replacing dexterous blues solos with dexterous slap bass and mixing in funk to rejuvenate metal after thrash tapered off

Primus sucks

Pretty much, the agnsty depressed basedboys who just want someone screaming about how they wish they were dead. was the stoners and hippies that dug them. They even did jamband stuff.

ill rape the shit out of u take it back

Rage and Living Colour were doing funk metal even before them

youtu.be/7xxgRUyzgs0

you must not listen to them

funk metal comes directly from alt rock and the noise scene become more mainstream/diluted, it only gets called metal because the guitars sound similar to metal riffs

it's basically stage 2 of grunge/first wave alt rock

Not Rage, but maybe Living Color, since I don't know anything about them. They're definitely not funky enough for me.

Primus is not grunge or alt rock or metal. They're definitely funk, like only 2nd to parliament. There just wasn't a funk scene at the time, but they fit right in with a thriving metal scene somehow.

Too political.

Les Claypool was metal before Primus
youtube.com/watch?v=Q4hn5JsKHWQ

>like only 2nd to parliament
this post disgusts me

i didn't say they are grunge or alt rock. I said funk metal came from the alt rock scene, not from the metal scene. funk metal comes 100% from the alt/punk of the era - basically a california spin of that late 80s "lmao don't give a fuck" west coast urban youth subculture that created seattle grunge, and pop punk/skate punk

>with a thriving metal scene
post-metallica US metal was getting disolved between not-serious kinda retro acts and hyper edgy soon to be nu and alt metal. There was no space for that sound in the mentality of 90s metalheads.

>only second to parliament
you are most definitely high

Besides, funk metal is barely psychedelic or poppish and you need either of the two to have real funk.

It's what people wanted at the time, funk metal was extremely common in California in the late 80's.
Faith No More, Mr. Bungle, RHCP, Living Color, Jane's Addiction, Fishbone, RATM, the list goes on, as well as lots of lesser known bands (like LAPD, who would later become Korn, and birth Nu Metal, which is just another kind of funk metal)

didn't know that

Larry LaLonde was as well, he originally played guitar for Possessed before joining Blind Illusion which is likely how he met Les, or at least how he started working with him.
youtube.com/watch?v=tI0S5xn8rQo

Attached: 1533920868818.jpg (720x720, 51K)

Nu Metal is mostly edgy experimental metal with a tad of rap and more tame stuff like korn's

I wouldn't put rap metal and funk metal on the same umbrella. Rap metal was mostly influenced by groove metal / post-thrash and hardcore, funk metal from alt rock. rap metal lasted like like 4 years before mutating to nu for being too shallow.

>Mr bungle
nothing I've heard from them qualifies as funk metal, in fact it even barely qualifies as metal. it's hyper eclectic industrial rock

California is a fucking Magnum Opus tho'.

I forgot the 90s were the golden age of grindcore too

>nothing I've heard from them qualifies as funk metal, in fact it even barely qualifies as metal.
uh maybe their debut
fucking deaf retard

my point stands, barely qualifies.

based idiot

funk metal barely qualifies as metal in the first place

>i don't know the difference between industrial and metal: the post

mr bungle self titled isn't industrial at all

are you high? it's industrial as fuck. Where did you hear funk metal with post-bop jazz, ska and synths riffs anyways?

meant for

Too bad Rage had lyrical autism and Living Colour just plain sucked shit.