Advanced Yea Forumscore Chart

What do you think of the advanced Yea Forumscore chart, Yea Forums?

Also, feel free to roll by doing the following:
>take the four last digits from your post (XXXX)
>google "XXXX mod 1111"
>listen to the recording with that number
>share your thoughts
Have fun!

Attached: 1560302442240.png (2500x10000, 3.73M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PyBkKlPEzts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ROOOOOOOOOLL

>What do you think of the advanced Yea Forumscore chart, Yea Forums?
It’s shit and I already know you won’t improve it so don’t even respond. Fuck you

>I already know you won’t improve it
But that's objectively and demonstrably wrong, as I have already gone through half a hundred community suggestions and implemented those on the chart. The chart has been continuously improving. You can make a difference as well.

aw I hate north american folk, reroll

Attached: 1548386809823.jpg (750x1004, 61K)

they call 'Waters of Nazareth' by Justice "fidget house" which means they have no idea what they are talking about.

fidget house is like stuff by Jack Beats, Fake Blood, AC slater, or Rico Tubbs, its got that wobbly bassline sound with the fidgety beats. Justice is Electro-house

Aight I'll roll

Justice are electro-house, but Waters is definitely more in fidget territory.

Just make the chart out of dubs rolls desu, that will be more entertaining

other than your trips get, im not sure how you could justify that

regardless there are better/more clear cut examples that would give people a better idea of what the genre is.

Good stuff user. I was just trying to find some good folk music today. Mostly going off of Alan Lomax compilations. But it's good to have other sources of inspiration when looking for this sort of thing, as the sources of inspiration that exist are pretty scarce.

what will it be

Why have dinosaur on the chart when you’re living all over me is better in every way. Same with you made me realize instead of loveless

we rollin

Roll

test

What would you suggest? Keep in mind the chart prioritizes early examples of the genre.

How do you mean?

Yeah, Lomax is cool. Do you have any favorite recordings from him?

Dinosaur's debut is a better representation of early indie rock, showing the transition towards it from alternative rock. Similar case with Made Me Realize still having the post-punk influences of early shoegaze.

>Keep in mind the chart prioritizes early examples of the genre
You broke this rule at some point. Bob Dylan’s Bringing It All Back Home is an earlier and more influential folk rock album than The Byrds Tambourine Man

>Bob Dylan’s Bringing It All Back Home
Less than half of the tracks from the album (4 out of 11) are folk rock, so I can't really include it. I might as well include Beatles for Sale which has more folk rock songs and was released earlier, but I still shouldn't because less than half of the songs on there are folk rock.

cmon gary needs a new pair of shoes

Beatles for Sale was retrospectively labeled folk rock, as it has a lot of qualities that are commonplace in the folk rock sound. Dylan going electric was the first actual conscious attempt at creating merging folk music and rock music, and it caused a shit ton of controversy in the folk community.
Not to mention, you have the sides backwards. The first side is electric folk rock, the second side is acoustic folk. 4 out of 11 songs on it are folk, the remaining 7 are folk rock
Not only do I think this album should replace the Byrds album, I think you owe it to yourself to give it a relisten. It’s a great fucking album

>Beatles for Sale was retrospectively labeled folk rock
When the genre was coined doesn't really matter to determine some release's genre. If more than half of Beatles for Sale tracks were folk rock tracks, then it would be folk rock.

>Dylan going electric was the first actual conscious attempt at creating merging folk music and rock music
Sure, but the album as a whole can't be said to be folk rock when less than half of the songs on there are folk rock. He played folk rock first, he just didn't have the first folk rock album.

>The first side is electric folk rock, the second side is acoustic folk. 4 out of 11 songs on it are folk, the remaining 7 are folk rock
Tracks 1, 2, 3, 4 and 7 are folk rock.
Tracks 5 and 6 is not folk rock, just blues rock.
Tracks 8, 9, 10 and 11 are contemporary folk.

As you can see, five out of eleven, or less than half of the tracks from the album, are folk rock, so I can't really have Bringing It as the folk rock album choice.

rollin

>Tracks 1, 2, 3, 4 and 7 are folk rock.
Correct
>Tracks 5 and 6 is not folk rock, just blues rock.
Incorrect, they are folk rock
>Tracks 8, 9, 10 and 11 are contemporary folk.
Correct
>As you can see, five out of eleven, or less than half of the tracks from the album, are folk rock, so I can't really have Bringing It as the folk rock album choice.
Incorrect, the first seven tracks are folk rock

What I’m saying is, relisten to the fucking album

Outlaw blues is just straight up blues rock. A blues song gone through a "rock filter". Unless you want to argue all blues rock is folk rock we can't really claim that Dylan album is representative folk rock.

Just re-listen: youtube.com/watch?v=PyBkKlPEzts
It's blues rock with early garage rock influences.

Roll

Sneed

roll

It’s folk rock because it is blues within the folk tradition (though played on electric instruments with a full band, making it folk rock/blues rock rather than folk/blues). Not all blues rock is folk rock, as not all blues is folk. But large aspects of the blues are within the folk tradition. Given Outlaw Blues use of the traditional blues lyrical style, it’s borrowing from other folk songs (notably I’m A Stranger Here, but the song references many other old folk and blues songs. This is an important aspect of the folk tradition, near unique to it, the intentional borrowing of phrases and even whole verses or tunes to build something new), and it’s references to folk hero Jesse James, makes it a folk blues song. Because it’s folk played on electric instruments, it’s folk rock. You even have traditional blues as the first thing under North American folk while also having a separate section for R&B, so you must on some level be able to distinguish between blues that’s in the folk tradition vs blues that isn’t