hammerstorm.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=dx2S-8bTDaE
youtube.com/watch?v=8Xv9KujMAk8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's really, really easy.

Specifically the long-sleeved black Burzum shirts are school shooter tier

Not hard at all.

what do i need to know to play it

Power chords and creating dissonant chords from power chords. Learn a few Darkthrone and Burzum songs and you should be fine.

isn't Emperor technically demanding?

On a technicality yeah

>2019

Tremolo chops and the e minor scale

Are chicks into metal?

PRIMITIVE BLACK METAL RIFF
youtube.com/watch?v=4dSBVrKSSYA

Attached: 11288_photo.jpg (263x391, 93K)

They're into the idea of being into metal (eg burzum shirts)

there's plenty of them

I guess it's pretty easy to play other peoples songs or create generic atmoshit that you'll upload to bandcamp. But all the greats in the genre are legitimately talented in bringing out their ideas and compositions in a way that works. Just look at how many posers have tried to recreate what Burzum did on his first four albums and not many have come close.
My favorite part about black metal is that it allows for unique or controversial ideas to be fleshed out and created into an album. The fact that you don't need to be technically proficient at each instrument to fulfill your theme makes black metal a beautiful genre. You don't get bands like Paysage d'Hiver or Summoning in other genres.

mostly into metal guys and appearing to be a certain way... but then again metal is mostly surface-level poise so it's not really shallow to "only be into it for that". only retards are 100% obsessed with being TRVE. some of those retards make great music though. it's a yin-yang thing.

anyway, gallhammer is good

yeah lots of people have genuinely make burzum's formula but better. i don't think what he did was honestly that special. people make him out to be like the father of black metal but he's not even close to original mayhem. he just has an interesting backstory.

>yeah lots of people have genuinely make burzum's formula but better
Fair enough. It's just opinions, but who has made something that's half as good as songs like Det Som Engang Var or Dunkelheit? Evilfeast maybe?

very easy if we're talking about atmospheric or raw black
youtube.com/watch?v=c8eUqTkc9qY
very hard if we're talking about prog or neo-classical black
youtube.com/watch?v=UwwkBlGW46Q

Not at all.

not hard.
t. absolute retard who is incompetent with the guitar but can still manage to make black metal

>how hard is it to play black metal
Not hard at all. Varg was playing it and making albums from prison using only a synthesizer.

None of the albums he released from prison are black metal.

So like, if I played in a metal band but didn't look that metal then there would sort of be no point to it? What genre are chicks into anyway?

it's new age with a D&D tilt

A dungeon synth and black metal split release is always cool. Both genres are easy to learn and hard to master.

>What genre are chicks into anyway?
The genre most popular at the moment and goth.

>So like, if I played in a metal band but didn't look that metal then there would sort of be no point to it
back in the day black metal outfits didn't even make band photos, let alone have concerts

Other than Mightiest/Depressive Silence, what are some examples?

>tfw still can’t tremolo pick

no it’s super super hard! :(

which tuning is best for BM

e standard

There's a bit of stuff on bandcamp but I can't remember the names right now. Mightiest is the only self split I can recall seeing in a long time and I dig around a lot in dungeon synth. You either get mixed projects under a single alias or a side project in either genre, that's why the idea of mightiest approach fascinates me as an all-encompassing look at a fantasy universe and the musician's style/musical vocabulary. Working on such a diverse project isn't very easy though which is probably a reason for it being a rare occurence.

really? i see all these bands in weird tuning like c sharp

what bands? old school acts all used e standard

like behemoth, satrycon, cradle of filth etc

but if i really wanted to make BM id be fine in standard?

>behemoth
death metal
>cradle of filth
goth/sympho whatever
>satrycon
usually use e standard, or d/d#

>Behemoth
>death metal
Only the soi new shit. Their old stuff was legit black metal, and some of the best from Poland. Weird to see what they've become.

Attached: behemothforest.jpg (1004x1050, 252K)

>Weird to see what they've become.
nice trips but its not weird, its predictable

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

what? the point is, they tuned to e standard on early records.

WHO IS HER?

Attached: 1561400901874.jpg (300x300, 23K)

this is not a dating board

to make a song? not that hard

to make a good song people wanna listen more than once? very hard

to play a 60 minute gig? very hard

>gig
>black metal

Attached: Untitled3.png (136x170, 47K)

Young varg

and burzum was just following bathory's first album, it's really eye opening to listen to that bathory album first and then burzum's first

imo it's easier to come up with riffs in e standard

black metal bands dont wanna tour cos it takes effort and they are autistic narcisstic nerds

almost every black metal person who doesnt tour is like this, then there is ofc legit mental illness which makes it also hard

black metal doesn't have bands. It's a different philosophy.

I think he said he only ever owned Blood Fire Death. But yeah, there is a lot of Bathory worship in his music. Bathory's first album is mostly just lofi Venom worship, though.

what are kvlt things to do besides listen or play black metal

What kind of music does Varg listen to anyway?

the cure

He also likes Twilight of the Gods and Hammerheart.
deathmetal.org/news/burzums-top-ten-metal-influences/

yeah and they got zero chicks

Playboi Carti

he's a fucking genious tho. He could record gutural vocals from a pidgeon

He said in a video from a while ago:
>Iron Maiden
>first 3 Kreator lps
>Blood Fire Death
I know he was also big on techno music and would often frequent dance clubs and listen to techno tapes. From here, it looks like he also likes Deicide, Slayer, and Destruction, as well as The Cure and possibly Kraftwerk and Tangerine Dream.

how hard is it to play black metal drums?

I doubt it's very hard. Probably the hardest part would be keeping time for the entirety of the song length and the double kick. The rest is just snare hit on every third beat, occasionaly hitting eight note triplets with the hihat, and rolling across the kit between every riff change.

go to Spotify, search for any black metal artist and click Play

the kvlt shit is on hammerstorm not spotify

hammerstorm.org/

Forest walk, re-read LotR, play old dungeon crawlers, post in black metal threads on Yea Forums.

looks like a lot of NSBM there

how is black metal recorded? do they record amps with microphones or do they plug their guitars into a computer?

Black Metal is easy to write. Create your own chords and find a drummer who knows whats up. Strum the chords in a 16th note pattern and do vocals yourself. Write lyrics in a mental hospital (which is what I did) and people will mosh to it.

No Shit. I play in a punk band with black metal elements and nobody started moshing until the black metal song came on. I put my heart into that song and it was about suicide. It really came through to the audience.

Lastly, keep writing. AND MAKE UP YOUR OWN DAMN CHORDS

demos?

Dunkelheit is a great song but it's nothing special, just catchy as hell especially for black metal. imo evilfeast has been putting out better second wave-esque albums than basically anything that actually came out in the 90's. elegies of the stellar wind was so damn good

Give me 10 minutes. I'll Post it

I love how some metal has it's roots in White Supremacy and Spiritual Paganism but it's really for degenerates. Like who actually puts on metal and thinks "yup, I'm a great person."

>elegies of the stellar wind was so damn good
It really was. That's the crazy thing about Evilfeast, unlike so many other bands he just keeps getting better and better. He's really perfected the formula with Wintermoon Enchantment and Elegies.

youtube.com/watch?v=dx2S-8bTDaE
The Self

Between chaos and hate,
There is nothing.
I learn to bite the heads of snakes,
In the cold unmatched forest.

Underneath buried stone,
Lies the knowledge of the septic smell.

Here is I’ll go to be
In the absence of others the dead self is god.

>playing black metal
Very easy, once you get a hang of the advanced techniques common to black metal. (tremolo picking, slower tremolo picking, power chords and single notes)
>making black metal
Depends on how much you want to rip off Darkthrone.

decent

its easy, just play fast power chords, and kick snare drums, scream like a maniac

it depends on what kind. anything with tremolo picking is somewhat difficult if you cant tremolo pick.

Man må lære norsk for at lage ekte svart metall.

Half step down

quarter tone up

Black metal drummer here.
It's not hard to play the basics (see: shitty drumming on early 90's bm records) but it's extremely hard to get actually good. Lots of drilling with a metronome. The best drummers have stamina, speed, and can make cliche rhythms sound creative. Watch vids of Inferno from Behemoth and Dominator from Dark Funeral. Those guys' level takes years.

Any bands similar to bölzer

Attached: a3419309666_10.jpg (1200x1200, 277K)

Black metal:
>it’s really, really easy
Punk:
Reggae:
Pop:

This how non-musician fags always out themselves. Either that or you’re some beginner level player. No actual experienced musician would label any given genre of music “easy.” Each genre has its own subtleties, its styles of rhythm or harmony, etc. And some songs are just harder to perform than others. The offbeat timing of the bassline in a reggae song can be hard, the vocal range in a pop song can be difficult, etc.

Black metal takes a lot of speed. Drums, guitar, and bass. There is some harmonically complex black metal out there (Emperor, Limbonic Art), as well as crazy riffage and odd time signatures (Taake)

tl;dr dont pull shit out of your ass if you don’t actually play an instrument

Bustum/A Caress Of Twilight

It's hard but you can still make it. Though it's certainly easier to make white metal.

Here you have:

>retard reponses
>ok responses
>good responses
An example of what I’m talking about.

not Venom, he thought they were shit

come on man, Burzum was miles ahead of Mayhem

it really isnt. thats why everybody an their dog forms black metal bands

Everybody forms a "band" when they are a teenager. Half of them don't even jam and break up a month later.

Easy to play, good luck coming up with riffs that actually sound good though. Pretty sure Varg and some of Darkthrone's stuff achieved it.

Power chords, barre chords, and tremolo picking.

can play a nursery rhyme melody?
can tune drop d?

add in some drum machine and you're done

>tfw no burzumian bimbo gf

Attached: ythtr3e456r5yt5gry.jpg (1080x1350, 198K)

>youtube.com/watch?v=8Xv9KujMAk8

How hard was this? It's sounds so very simple, yet it's one of the best albums I have heard in months. And I didn't even really like black metal before, I just listened to some Burzum und Gorgoroth before this. Also what subgenre would this be? Lo-Fi?

Attached: 1562009243259.jpg (615x385, 37K)

she has no idea what she's doing

Attached: kardashian.jpg (497x497, 48K)

In order it play true Black Metal, you need to be White. It's possible to emulate the sound if you are not White, but you will not be playing true Black Metal.

Why play that gay shit when you can try to be the next Bowie?

Attached: 1562829400090s.jpg (250x250, 7K)

Fuck off.
Why not both?

>Fuck off.
dilate

What does that even mean? And in case you didn't know, the majority of black metal musicians are not racist even if the fans are.
>inb4 you link some NSBM bands as "proof that that's not true"
NSBM is the ultimate laughing stock for literally every black metal band ever.

Who?

some dead boomer, i don't know

black metal artist here.

it's easy as fuck to "PLAY" it but to write something that's actually good is a bit harder obviously.

learn thrash metal theory and listen to tons of underground black metal albums. literally thats it. everything else should come natural.

>Fuck off.
It is you that will fuck off.

>babby’s first month playing guitar

>And in case you didn't know, the majority of black metal musicians are not racist even if the fans are.
Citation needed, you fucking untermensch cunt.

Could you make black metal with an ukulele?

You're not White.

i'm a black metal musician and i'm very racist
the only black metal ""musicians"" who aren't racist are retarded amerimutt larpers

nah, anyone on the right in black metal usually tends to make cool music and are cool people in general. i wouldn't say just "racist" people do. a lot of good black metal projects/bands aren't political. the far left bands that want to project their insecurities on everyone else are the problem.non-political/right-wing projects/bands aren't a problem. a lot of these liberals expect to be treated like they were in the punk scene where everyones nice and tolerant. then in retaliation they make a shitty project attacking the scene as a whole because they're angsty pieces of shit.

cheap solid state practice amps recorded with microphones

usually through an analog tape 4track. with some kind of micced amp or preamp. it's up to you how you wanna record and mix your stuff. but i recommend going the analog route.
no lol

just play power chords in drop c with distortion

your music sucks ass bro

true

Attached: black-metal-ns.jpg (481x345, 41K)

i make riffs on acoustic guitar and im too selfconsicous to play them on my electric because my parents don't like metal

is it possible to git gud at black metal on acoustic? obviously I would record it on electric

Being a pussy because you're underage and scared of your parents is trve kvlt

i'm 26 and staying with them because fuck paying Levi Landlordstein

Can you play open chords with a shitload of distortion?

This thread is now about techno metal posting.

Attached: 2017-09-logo-techno-metal-post.png (712x123, 27K)

i don't think so, faggot

>been playing bass for 8 years
>can't tremolo pick
Help me

Only A minor is allowed

While it may be true that much of the best black metal may be made by right wingers, the only thing that's gonna have an effect on how good the shit you make is is how much you practice

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

how do i get raw black metal tone

Within the Realm of a Dying Sun

how hard is it to teach yourself bm drumming? i have no friends and consistently failed finding others to join a band so im gonna do a one man projject

You are talking absolute shit.

headphones

>expecting leftists to work hard at anything

t. not a drummer

>I play in a punk band with black metal elements and nobody started moshing until the black metal song came on. I put my heart into that song and it was about suicide.
Quit playing music, and concentrate on suicide.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Black Metal. You think it's easy to write Black Metal because you are writing shitty punk.

Who is the chick in the OP?

Get yourself some of these babies

Attached: s-l640.jpg (640x480, 30K)

You need to have 8 arms.

Depends. Have you accepted Satan as your lord and savior yet?

>this thread still hasn't been archived

Burzum shirts are GOAT, you utter pleb

This comment needs to be qualified considering how much Emperor changed in their short career.
Emperor back in the Wrath of the Tyrant period was incredibly simple and easy to play, yes. Emperor was by the time of Prometheus was blackened prog-metal, and not remotely easy to play.

I would expect someone randomly listening to say, 'Night of the Graveless Souls' and then 'Tongue of Fire' on youtube could figure this out on their own...but wonders never cease.

What do you mean by “unmatched”, like, there’s no other forest that, uh, matches it? Or maybe, it wasn’t burnt down by a match?

In the same spot as you are/were, I inherited drums from someone I worked with who didn't want them. Basic blast beats are easy enough to teach yourself, just listen to black metal classics and try to replicate the drums. I will say that as far as recording goes, I only have one mic and one preamp in my audio interface, so I've basically been using my kit like a drum machine by recording every piece of the kit on its own, then layering on each of the other pieces gradually. This technique is actually working out pretty well so far, so it's an option as far as recording goes if you have a limited budget or your drumming skills just aren't there.

I had the same thoughts about this album. I'm a lo-fi kvlt autist, and I just can't place why it sounds so fantastic.

based

Playing fast drums like Emperor or Deafheaven for long songs is hard enough, let alone concerts. Some of the fills are nuanced and there’s no rest, it’s an exercise in stamina for real.