At what age does it become sad for a musician still trying to make it?

At what age does it become sad for a musician still trying to make it?

Attached: 1449477329368.jpg (500x480, 35K)

bumping for a friend

me. but i put all my eggs in the basket so i dont actually think i can do anything else. im probably going to off myself in the next couple years

kendrick lamar was 24 when he dropped section 80

James Murphy started LCD Soundsystem when he was 30. So that's probably the cut off

Attached: 800px-James_Murphy_performing_in_2016.jpg (800x821, 111K)

I would say that it doesn't matter as long as you aren't being a piece of shit, if you are like 35 and have a job and are taking care of your stuff there is not reason why trying to make it would be sad

never

It's sad at any age until you actually make it

depends if you want to make some good art or youre just trying to get laid & score free drugs

after a hundred years or so, you should probably sit down for a bit

Well this aint true

If you're making music because you think you're gonna make it and become a big star I'd say that's pretty embarrassing any time after 21 or so. If you just love making songs and you do it because it's fun for you then you've achieved pure bliss

age doesn't matter, no one "makes it" anymore. just play for the fun of it.

based

No age as long as the music is coming from a genuine place.

depends

>15 to 21
pretty awesome no matter what to be honest we all just wanted an excuse to get out of the house and be somewhere. If you were smart you used all your scene cred get laid as much as possible but even that is about to dry up.

>21 to 25
really quickly it just turns into a bummer, unless your band is even remotely good which it probably isnt because you don't practice enough haven't listened to enough music and don't spend enough time writing. you rely on stage banter and irony for charm and secretly everyone hates it wishes you would just end your set which is probs less than 20 mins anyways its a total embarrassment PEOPLE THINK LESS OF YOU.

>25 to 30
if you stuck it out this long, surviving bouts of depression and not caring what other peopel think, you are probably actually maturing artistically assuming you practice and write and expose yourself to new music. youve weeded out a lot of posers. People around you almost inevitably failed relationships and miserable jobs actually turned around and respect that you are doign something with yourself aside from just getting pointlessly trashed the second you get home

>30 to 40
I really hope you managed to crank out a few albums by this time I do not know whats in store for 30yos havent got that far yet

In other words a real musician with drive vs bedroom hobbyist

What the FUCK is this fucked up music industry shit with artists eating SPAGHETTI with fucking CARROTS AND PICKLES AND SHIT IN IT

WHO DOES THAT, WHAT FUCKING DISH EVEN IS THIS?

Attached: lars-ulrich-eating.jpg (1200x700, 237K)