Prediction: This album is going to be incredible, critics are gonna love it, fantano is gonna give it at least an 8...

Prediction: This album is going to be incredible, critics are gonna love it, fantano is gonna give it at least an 8, and then this board is gonna hate it because it's "baby's first thrash-metal" and won't appreciate it

Attached: infest the rats' nest.jpg (1200x1200, 200K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qtTi_uyYynA
youtu.be/cmAlQvDQGoI
youtu.be/Qskg6yvn8vc
youtu.be/j5q_bF2Te04
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes but you could say that about any underground artist that has become somewhat established in recent years, as soon as something escapes the underground it becomes "reddit" and you can't talk about it here

From the makers of "King Gizzard does jazz" "King Gizzard does Indian music" and "King Gizzard does thee oh sees" the newest installment of the King Gizzard series! "King Gizzard does thrash metal"

is that supposed to be a bad thing?

Attached: 1504039423575.jpg (1067x862, 205K)

>Continue my legacy, my sons...

its just kinda becoming a novelty at this point. The thrash metal album is just a surface level kinda thing, if it were released by any other band it would not get noticed, nothing but a slayer cover band. its really not doing anything unique to the style or interesting. It would have been cool if gizz gave it some sort of spin at least

Thrash metal is a pretty creatively bankrupt genre as it is.

You haven't even heard it yet you fucking tard

heard the singles and theyve played other tracks live. not saying its not enjoyable it just seems like a novelty act really, WHat if us, an indie band, makes a METAL album lolz

all of that is correct except for the part about it being incredible

>king gizzard
>indie

Attached: (you).jpg (320x320, 23K)

I mean, it's not wrong. All of the singles literally sound like satires of thrash metal. The most cliche riffs/solos I've heard in a long time. Vocals are so corny and cliched. Their entire genre hopping schtick is fucking awful. They should stick to psychedelic/garage rock, because that's clearly what they excel at. Not these embarrassing, surface level, novelty albums. They're not Ween, they can't just hop genres and produce gold.

now this is quality truth

This is already my favorite Gizz album based on the singles and the live stuff I’ve heard. Fuck you fags who don’t want thrash Gizz

yeah dude fuck people who don't like stuff that we like

I like Planet B. Simple Thrash, but there's nothing wrong with that at all. The guitar tone sucks ass though, but the bass is awesome.

All of the assholes who don’t like this are pussies who don’t even listen to metal. Fuck off

Indeed

>they can't just hop genres and produce gold
But they have, and they've produced more albums than Ween in 9 years than they could in 30, all of which being as good/better than Ween's

not true by the way

It is true pussy. Go listen to your neutered milk hoe-tell and shut the fuck up

just saying things doesn't make them true

Prove it then bitch

that i listen to thrash? how would i prove that to you?

Exactly. Shut the fuck up. You proved my point

you didn't prove anything
why are king gizzard fans so incoherent?

Okay

So it's not a bad thing.

We're clear on that.

Attached: Autism Dog.png (281x281, 152K)

*metal fans who also like gizzard
FIFY

lol just fucking around but seriously I’m assuming most people who hate heavy Gizz are only upset that they’re not putting out “indie music” which is lame

or they just don't like their music

but it sounds nothing like Slayer

Exactly. The people complaining that it’s “generic metal” have no idea what they’re talking about.

youtu.be/qtTi_uyYynA
planet b
youtu.be/cmAlQvDQGoI
self immolate
youtu.be/Qskg6yvn8vc
organ farmer

*blocks your path*

Attached: 1000x1000.jpg (700x700, 67K)

I really want them to make a hip-hop/funk album

who's the face?

Friendly reminder that King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard is the biggest rip off band of the decade. Bigger than Greta Van Fleet. There’s no band that has stolen from another band as much as King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard.
Look at the genre trajectory of King Gizz, and that of Thee Oh Sees. Oh Sees started as a psychedelic garage act, as did King Gizz. They jumped around genres a little bit, mostly shifting towards a psychedelic hard rock sound, which Gizz also adopted. After this Oh Sees begins experimenting in prog rock. King Gizz subsequently does the same. Krautrock soon follows, first for Oh Sees, then for King Gizz. All leading up to last years release, in which Oh Sees leaned harder into the heavy metal sounds that could be found on their 2017 album, most notably with the song Overthrown. Now, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard will be releasing their own high octane thrash metal album, once again stealing the ideas Oh Sees touched upon.
Seriously, listen to this
youtu.be/j5q_bF2Te04
And then this
youtu.be/Qskg6yvn8vc
King Gizz hasnt only stolen from Oh Sees sonically. Their entire image is lifted from them. The two drummers that made people start talking about this band? Oh Sees did that first. Everything, including the way they dress, is ripped from Oh Sees. Even their live performances are the same.
This band is nothing but talentless rip-off artists. John Dwyer should sue them. Their music is nothing but a boring, uninspired imitation of his.
King Gizz only released one album that didn’t follow in Oh Sees footsteps, released this year, and it fucking flopped. That should tell you everything you need to know about this band.

I liked Fishing For Fishies

Fuck off and stop whining Tim

they still haven't made something as The Pod

I think I hate this band but fuck their album covers are amazing. Wish it was a band I liked more.

I HAVE GONE INSANE-O
I LUST FOR VOLCANO

Attached: 1b8a2b22fcff8b284c767251418961b2325ee9d0278068845915f6065e3629de.png (500x500, 144K)

GIFF MEH HELL I WAN DAT!!!!

>dude recent metallica is meh
>OMFG KING GIZZ THRASH RULLLLLES

st. anger is non ironically 10x better

gizz peaked at flying microtonal

yes i'm sure this is exactly why dwyer's label presses some of their albums

nobody even gives a shit about oh sees unless theyre trying to discredit king gizzard, when was the last time there was an oh sees thread on Yea Forums? its the same as the tame impala/dungen thing.

I would let Stu suck my lizard if you know what I mean

Yea Forums has shit taste, that’s why there’s no Oh Sees threads on here.
JD is a better man than I, that’s why he is willing to distribute their stuff, but him overlooking it doesn’t mean it isn’t happening. These dudes have profited off the originality of Thee Oh Sees for their entire career. If people like King Gizz they should at the very least know who they get all their ideas from.