Oasis is easily the most overrated band of my generation. Pure corporate rock forced meme shit

Oasis is easily the most overrated band of my generation. Pure corporate rock forced meme shit.

They only actually only had 2 hits (1 big and 1 medium) and 2 quasi-hits in America. Wonderwall was a deservedly GREAT song and got famous of its own accord. Champagne Supernova was pretty good too, if a bit long.

That really shitty "Don't Look Back in Anger" song they tried to do off the Wonderwall album, fuck that. Total shill job. Absolute trash song that listeners on the radio hated and stood no chance of being a legitimate hit but was shilled enough that some people still remembered it, so I would call it a wuasi-hit. Same thing with "Live Forever" which came before the Wonderwall album. That was just a very generic, very boring song that the label paid the radio to play a lot so people would think it was popular. And as a result some people liked it, but many did not, or if they did, it was a very casual liking at best, not an intense fervor like Wonderwall inspired, another quasi-hit. Let's just say nobody's going to be covering Live Forever or Don't Look Back in Anger on acoustic guitar in 2019 - they just aren't good enough songs. So yeah they're real contribution was Wonderwall mainly desu. And that's just a meme.

Attached: facebook-logo.jpg (650x304, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EPXIzd8LIYM
youtube.com/watch?v=asPX9UlIGn0
youtube.com/watch?v=rfNqyjZcleI&t=0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oasis B-sides are bet than most Yea Forumscore band's biggest hits

Oasis is the least exciting band to ever exist. None of their songs make me feel any kind of emotion whatsoever.

One thing, their first album was released by a small indie label you dumb fuck

IM FEEEEEEEELING SUPERSONIC
GIMME GIN AND TONIC

You should listen to the derivative bullshit Liam just released as his new single. Its a horrendous standard even going back into the 1960s. He's a no talent.

Why do you two talk like faggots?

Noel wrote all of the band's biggest hits while Liam wrote Little James

OK, we get it. you amerifats just hate a positive outlook on life and fun in general, it's OK. continue listening to trap brap and other shit

how can they be overrated when they hardly sold anything and weren't known in the only market that matters?

I don't like Oasis very much or Liam Gallagher at all, but love Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds.

you mean the same market that had Elton John's Candle In The Wind 1997 at number 1 for about 13 weeks?
yeah I'm thinking that Y*nks are fucking stupid

t. the seething batty boy

CAUSE I BEEN STANDIN AT THE STATION IN NEED OF EDUCATION IN THE RAIIIIIIINNNN

>how can they be overrated when they hardly sold anything and weren't known in the only market that matters?
Morning Glory was the 13th best selling album of 1996 and they got a fair amount if radio and MTV play

Yo retard not all Americans dont know Oasis. I love Oasis and know a bunch of people who do as well and arent just fans of wonderwall. all of these people at least know both morning glory and definitely maybe. This meme is retarded. Sure maybe the general public in America, but the general public that is precieved in America is a bunch of boomers who dont know shit about the internet and only know about life through what their TV tells them in 2019.

In what country? England?

i've never met a single oasis hater that wasn't a stuck up poof

>That really shitty "Don't Look Back in Anger"
Stopped reading there. Don't Look Back In Anger is the best song from Morning Glory, and it's miles better than Wonderwall.

I’ve never met a single oasis fan that had an in above 95

What's up with all the Oasis threads lately?

IQ*

proving my point

No america

Anyone made a norf edit of Owaysis yet?

Attached: 1562521227946.png (1366x853, 341K)

>OMG OASIS IS SO SHIT AND OVERRATED BUNCH OF RUDE FOOTBALL HOOLIGANS THAT DON'T SING ABOUT BEING SAD AND SELF-HATRED LIKE BLUR AND RADIOHEAD

Attached: 1552641183424.png (753x960, 29K)

You guys have to be smoking crack. If Oasis weren't so popular you would spam them all over this board.

Oasis is one of the very few rock bands who combine incredible energy AND great melodies.

>SLIDE AWAY
>AND GIVE ALL YOU GOOOOT

I'm a proud Oasis fan. Proper Rock n Roll none of your poof rubbish.

Attached: 1556128199560.png (662x764, 220K)

Oasis good band great lads.

youtube.com/watch?v=EPXIzd8LIYM

nah that would be gay sex twin

Attached: 1558391569230.jpg (708x800, 95K)

bullshit
i was born in 97 and didnt even hear wonderwall until it was a meme

>i was born in 97 and didnt even hear wonderwall until it was a meme
fuck sake is this the kind of street trash we have on our board these days

Just accept that you won't really ever get it if you aren't English and move on.
Baste

Not gonna lie dickhead, Oasis is the only band that makes me feel anything, ever. Most other music sounds castrated and lifeless to me.

t. 600 lbs

Unironically Based

ITT: Soulless Amerifags can’t into high testosterone music for true lads

Extremely based, couldn't have said it better myself.
Also based, Supersonic is a top 5 Oasis song as well.

Slide Awaaaaaaay

there are a lot of things americans don't understand
in fact they're the worst posters on Yea Forums

Oasis fucking sucks and so do the British.

I like Oasis. They are a great and fun band. I would actually hate them more if they weren't so candid honest Assholes because of how much they've ripped off and were influenced by but they make it look easy. Wish they'd team up again but they haven't spoken to each other for over a decade.

shut up boomer

Bonehead was the biggest Chad in the band.

your mommy was begging, BEGGING to suck my dick in a dive bar back in the day
the town bike they used to call her
cos everybody could have a ride

unironically this
what type of fat loser incel do you have to be to hate oasis
bloody ell

I'd honestly Champagne Supernover is better than Wonderwall. Wonderwall to me sounds like some sorta generic love song, but Champagne Supernova could mean so many different things; is it grief? Is it a goodbye? Is it a declaration? The listener can't really come up with the true meaning of the song without multiple listenings, and that's what makes great Yea Forumssic.

it's so true. Just go to Yea Forums. Every time there's an american flag the opinion is retarded.

Oasis blows

YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL
BUT HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT IT

Maybeeee

Came in to post that image. Forever based and oasispilled bruvva.

WOO HOO

youtube.com/watch?v=rfNqyjZcleI&t=0s

If you pay attention to it, aside from some obvious songs, Noel's lyrics are very vague. He doesn't really mean anything by them, just wants to sound epic. Take a look at The Masterplan as an example of this.
So yeah, at the same time it means both nothing and everything you want it to mean.

t. Noel

kek

We can all agree that Married with children is the best song from Oasis, right?

The best part of Oasis is the Gallagher brothers being really funny cunts

Homie what

You've gotta be working class, from england and from the norf. Not even memeing.

It's the only way you'll truly "get" it.

Yeah man idk I didn’t get oasis until recently.

Read Morrisseys biography and the first part is all about Manchester and being poor and pathetic Irish scum.

Thén you see those 2 retard brothers with the fuckin swagger and arrogance and it’s just magic.

Too bad it was a flash in the pan. Liam is totally washed up drunk Irish no talent now. Noel is try hard and not good. The Manchester something is long gone and he’s got nothing to say.

Still Oasis was just one of the Goats. Glad it ended when it did

Only faggots truely “get” faggotry.