MUSE

youtube.com/watch?v=uBSKKj3glgM

Imagine if they put as much effort into songwriting as they do into visual gimmicks. Literally no better than Coldplay at this point.

Attached: A1rJLC4ghcL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ELdxJutwlZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=NNpdFSzZDnA
youtube.com/watch?v=dqF9gqyWQCQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zCLmdX5rZdg
youtube.com/watch?v=3Ifhbxn40H4
youtube.com/watch?v=lDa37vlXIww
youtube.com/watch?v=KCT1roytfYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4aqXYbnjoqs
youtube.com/watch?v=PhDsr8QFRrs
youtube.com/watch?v=MEfqTlKPqfI
youtube.com/watch?v=g8xIoipyjzo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

but coldplay were always better than muse

But Coldplay right now are at the worst point in their career creatively since they started? Half their best material from the past decade has been unreleased with no reasonable chance of ever being made public, in favour of chart pop that sounds like it could have been made by literally anybody.

youtube.com/watch?v=ELdxJutwlZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=NNpdFSzZDnA
youtube.com/watch?v=dqF9gqyWQCQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zCLmdX5rZdg
youtube.com/watch?v=3Ifhbxn40H4

Thanks for these tracks, never heard most of these

There's a handful more but they're widely spread enough on youtube I figured they'd be known
they eventually gave this one to Natalie Imbruglia

youtube.com/watch?v=lDa37vlXIww

it's fucking painful to look at what they've become compared to the material they were writing when Brian Eno was working with them, if they'd continued in the same direction as Viva La Vida / Prospekt's March the landscape of British pop-rock would be entirely different by now and a hundred times better

at what point were coldplay better than origin of symmetry?

Also apparently they had a semi-orchestral jam-band style piece called "Car Kids" during the sessions for Mylo Xyloto the studio producer lackeys kept harping on about so much people assumed it was going to be the centrepiece of the album- it ran like 20 minutes long or something; they dropped it halfway through the sessions and it's never been heard. same for Golden Arrow, which was at one point supposed to be one of the key songs on the album and is even featured on the graffiti cover artwork prominently (whole sections of lyrics written on the wall). Some of the songs on Ghost Stories hint towards the direction they could have gone in but it's ruined by the sloppy wash of poptimism over the rest of it and the abortions that came next.

Damn what a shame, Coldplay used to be my favorite band but their last 3 albums were completely soulless forgettable dreck
Kaleidoscope EP showed they could still make good songs but it still felt unfinished.

Origin Of Symmetry has the better individual songs but I think a decent argument could be made that A Rush Of Blood To The Head is more cohesive as an album, and has better artwork (though both are iconic and make me fucking miserably nostalgic for the early 00s at the thought that THIS used to be the UK charts, not soundcloud-tier crap).

A lot of Coldplay's best songs throughout their career have been their B-sides and it's a travesty that they don't make them anymore because of the industry's wanky attitude to singles nowadays.

youtube.com/watch?v=KCT1roytfYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4aqXYbnjoqs
youtube.com/watch?v=PhDsr8QFRrs
youtube.com/watch?v=MEfqTlKPqfI

compare every one of the songs in that post to this, the "big" single off their last album
youtube.com/watch?v=g8xIoipyjzo

something something honk honk timeline

>Crests of Waves
Such ana amazing song, easily in their top 5
My other favorite B-sides are Such a Rush, For You, NMKMFOTG, One I Love, Gravity and Things I Don't Understand

Oh and I forgot I Ran Away and Murder

They really need to release a best of singles compilation with second disco containing B-sides like Keane did recently.

after X&Y they did a box set of 7" vinyls of every single to date at the time, including the ultra-rare What If single with the studio version of How You See The World on the b-side, in today's music industry I don't think we're getting anything else like that

the only bands I know who still release singles with b-sides even some of the time are Suede and Maximo Park (again better tracks that some of the songs on their related albums), and even then mostly only digital singles as is the default these days

Yeah it's a shame, lots of 90s and 00s british rock bands like Coldplay, Muse, Oasis, Radiohead, Suede, Blur, Mansun, Manics and Doves had tons of great B-sides

muse is imagine dragons tier atm

matt hasn't given a shit in years. their first few records sounded like they had real emotion poured into them. now it's just bland alt and pop rock.

but i still hope...

They still have 1-2 legit good songs on their new albums like Animals, The Handler and Dark Side but that's it

bump

What Muse need is a producer with a firm hand who can act as "director" instead of Matt Bellamy throwing every ridiculous idea at the wall with nobody telling him which ones don't stick. They need somebody like Brian Eno, who made Chris Martin sellotape his fingers together so he'd stop composing arpeggiated riffs when writing songs on the piano to force him to think harder about his creative process.

Only a band surrounded by yes-men would think it was a good idea to open Drones with the weak-ass intro of Dead Inside, or put a track called "Prelude" (along with Survival) a third of the way through The 2nd Law. The production on the last few albums has somehow managed to be both overblown and bland at the same time. It's on a par with the half-assedness of Blur's The Magic Whip.

>brian producing muse
would be the dream

I know this will probably cause me to receive shit but I unironically would love to see what would happen if Eno produced an album by The 1975. He was so much younger when he took Talking Heads and then U2 under his wing that they were almost contemporaries, so I'd be extremely curious to see what the result would be from him having an older-mentor-like relationship with a much younger pop-rock act like them to elevate the quality of their music.

desu that's a pretty catchy song

I feel like Eno's work with James is under appreciated, Laid, Millionaires and Pleased to Meet You are great pop rock albums

prelude and survival are great

No they are awful

I maintain that Coldplay would make a fantastic shoegaze band, with Jon Hopkins on their side.
They have the melodic and production skills. Imagine an album full of Chinese Sleep Chants and Midnights, it would be amazing.

>Chinese Sleep Chant
fucking based, one of my favourite tracks by them
it's such a shame all their most interesting work appear to be one-off experiments they show no interest in pursuing further

Agreed, sad times if you take into account that these are the same people who made origin and absolution

Not nearly as bad.

Honest question, why the hell is Imagine Dragons so popular on Radio stations? Every single morning I drive to work I hear at least one Imagine Dragons song, and when I leave work that day another one is on.