Unironically the best album of all time. Would say the same if it was released yesterday, and no matter who made it

Unironically the best album of all time. Would say the same if it was released yesterday, and no matter who made it

I'm yet to hear a convincing criticism of it, so do your best. I expect the usual tripe so surprise me

Attached: The-Beach-Boys-Pet-Sounds.jpg (820x820, 201K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m_8z6gsbqrw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i don't like how it sounds

it’s too sad

Attached: 43FD97B5-6576-40AB-9D12-A8DD5DD86281.jpg (922x925, 83K)

proto emo

Young Brian Wilson had a whiny voice

Fair enough actually, you did what I asked.

It sounds awful in parts, like on Caroline No. I think on the stereo mixes it's also how the track has been edited (the engineer said this himself)
basically, I find the vocals way too loud, it actually hurts your ears sometimes

Yep, it's the closest to perfect album humanity has made. However most of the songs end in fucking fade-outs. It's lazy, and anti-climactic and the album could be way better without them.

>le fadeouts are bad meme
suck shit retard

I have some criticism.

Wouldn't It Be Nice is an 8/10.
God Only Knows is a 6.5/10

The rest of the songs are filler, either copies of the former or of the latter. Very generic, very similar to each other songs. Very forgettable album. I rate it 5/10 solely because of the influence it had on pop.

Impressive

Some songs are plain mediocre, and evokes 0 feelings on me. Not even bad feelings. It's a soulless attempt of pop music, devoid of any kind of personal attachment with the listener (me).

It's not even Beach Boys' best album (Sunflower is); it's not even the best album released that day (Blonde on Blonde is); it's not even the best pop album released on 1966 (Revolver is). Its FAR from being the best album of all time. It's a great album, though.

It's shitty boomer rock so I don't even have to listen to it to know it's just gonna be more generic forgettable mediocrity in a sea of generic forgettable mediocrity.

its not as cohesive as people say it is. its barely a concept album. shouldnt deserve the tag of first concept album in rock. sgt pepper and mmt dont quite count as well but this for sure doesnt. now you might say thats not a bad thing but it means things dont blend into each other the way they do on a "perfect" album they would. caroline no comes after a rejected james bond song. the romantic relationship that is mentioned in these songs arent consistent either. also caroline is just a bad closer in general. but i love this album. i think i liked this more over smile untill i wrote this.

>asking people to talk you out of liking your favorite album
You zoomers are weird

>shouldnt deserve the tag of first concept album in rock. sgt pepper and mmt dont quite count as well but this for sure doesnt.
No one says that those were the first concept rock albums. It was Freak Out!

Most influential band of all time. Delusional people give that title to velvet underground because scaruffi said so, but it's actually the Beach Boys.
>1942, music began

Attached: Screenshot_20190710-132341.png (1080x372, 81K)

its the second best album of all time because itaots exists

>boomer rock
The Beach Boys are pop stars born in the silent generation

Based

This opinion is a disgusting piece of shit.

Revolver lacks overall songwriting chops, and relies too heavy on studio experiments that (if you ask me) don’t pay off. It’s like baby’s first Experimental-Psych for dummies. Also, Blonde on Blonde? A literary shitshow? Lmao you sound like a pretentious wank

What the fuck does that even mean you gay bitchface?

RE-RE-RE-RENDEZVOUS WITH ANUS

>Revolver lacks overall songwriting chops
Garbage opinion

just listen to it dumbass

but I don't have to and don't want to as outlined in my prior post.

Here's a convincing criticism.
youtube.com/watch?v=m_8z6gsbqrw

he says good vibrations is brilliant, and that was part of these sessions

checkmate

fair criticism

it kinda sounds like steely dan

>Would say the same if it was released yesterday,

Uhh....

Attached: mosaic60580bb88c48f69a02fdda3dade5df8c458d0d2a.jpg (600x300, 130K)

brians voice on caroline no is my favorite part though
the vocal doubling work that makes his thin voice take up so much space is honestly perfect and the blueprint for people like elliot smith or sufjan or alex g

i like noel ghallager but he's talked shit on literally every everyone it's a rite of passage

I am going to say that there is something wrong with your brain.

>anticlimatic
Whoa calm down here brother. That's just about the worst opinion I've heard in a long time. This album's sequencing is so good it was the first album that made me think of sequencing as a thing. The second side is paced perfectly. I assume you were expecting some bombastic ending, but that's not what they were going for. Caroline, No is just as amazing and jaw dropping as a more upbeat song would be. The second side gets progressively sadder, then after a brief intermission (or quiet time) with Pet Sounds, Caroline, No hits you like a bag of bricks. It's almost apocalyptic and brings me to tears regularly. The earlier songs on side 2 were merely playing around melancholy, and when you think you're safe with Pet Sounds, Caroline, No strikes the iron when it's most exposed. It's perfect in every way.

It's too real :(

I've never heard anyone say Pet Sounds was the first concept album. As for the first one, Bo Diddley or Dust Bowl Ballads might've technically been the first. As for pop, then maybe Face to Face by The Kinks? As for Caroline No, refer to my above. The romantic relationships aren't meant to be consistent. As for the blending together, I agree but I don't think it's necessary.