Be me

>be me
>make weirdo idm music
>start a summer job
>getting to know ppl decently well
>eventually i tell people that i make electronic music (not wanting to say idm because who the fuck knows what that is)
>word gets around
>today ppl start asking me about it
>supervisor starts telling me about how she's seen David Guetta, Tiesto, live etc
>everyone thinks i make EDM music
>not trying to correct them, or tell them that I actually don't make EDM music, let it slide a bit
>tell them my stuff is more chill and less based on rhythm and more on sound
>they don't understand
>still think I make EDM music
>then other coworkers (who are great and that I like) hear the convo
> they start interjecting, and one asks for my soundcloud
>Im thinking FUCK , my shit is weird as fuck these ppl are expecting EDM they're gonna hate this
>not wanting to describe IDM although its the only way in my head for me to describe my music properly
>be me
>be a little bitch
>get anxious, panic, don't give them my soundcloud
>they're just trying to get to know me better
>now i feel like an asshole, I want them to get to know me better too, but I know my shit will be disappointing as fuck when they hear it.
>life as an IDM artist and telling ppl you make electronic music
>mistake

Attached: ur76ic8ovx301.png (2518x1240, 235K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/allinesik
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

NOT ALL ELECTRONIC MUSIC IS TECHNO REEEEEEEEEEEE

hang in there user, and post ur shit, ill listen to it

Here's all you had to say

>Well, I don't make electronic dance music, I make something called IDM, which stands for Intelligent Dance Music. Yeah, I know the name is pretty pretentious and weird but [insert explanation of what IDM is here]. So yeah, it's not like Tiesto or David Guetta, but if you're still curious here's my soundcloud: betafaggot69

That's all you had to do OP, but you're an autistic retard

soundcloud.com/allinesik

page is a mess right now, mix of a lot of things but my main focus is IDM.

just say u make ambient idiot

or just say “it’s like a weird version of edm” and show them
the worst thing you can do is let this get to you. it’s honestly not at all a big deal

fuck man. feels bad.

kino

I can’t relate exactly but I somehow feel that I still can relate exactly

you're right user ty

this

>soundcloud.com/allinesik
>thinking IDM is just ambient

Holy shit you're such a pretentious faggot.

I feel like most people who make weirdo electronic music(idm, progressive electronic, etc) probably goes through this.

I used to make IDM then I took a complete 180 and started making indie pop

I used to think that because I rejected catchy music I was somehow superior. actual retardation. catchy music has just as much artistic merit as noodling around with ambient pads

i mean this is better than being super pretentious and shitting on EDM music. i mean isnt it normal to be kind of nervous about sharing your artwork?

>idm
people call their "music" that when its nothing but some random fruity loops babbling

I mean that is fair. , good on you for realizing its not a "superior genre" idk if there is such a thing honestly. Personally, I make IDM just because its the music I love the most and probably the type of music I'm best at making. Strongly considered starting a Post-Hardcore band ( i can play guitar decently and i love Post-Hardcore / hardcore / indie rock a lot too) maybe I will in the future, but IDM also suits me well because I can make music independently and my work / school schedule is fucked so i can't organize any times with other people on a consistent basis.

hindsight is 20/20

summer job what are you 10

I know a riddim thot is gonna ask to hear my music and its gonna dry her pussy right the fuck up. good luck OP its fucking hard

21. Im in University so i have a 4 month break over summer. most ppl get summer jobs my dude.

is this a joke

now you understand my predicament

>soundcloud.com/allinesik
Sounds like random shit

You shouldn't be ashamed OP. Yeah its weird and experimental but I can hear a lot of interesting ideas and some trends. You need to explain things like this: I make music that is for background tracks for movies or shows and I'm experimenting a lot. To me it sounds that way so apologizes if I offended you, simplify it somehow but please don't be ashamed in the future.

My man, I did the exact same thing about a year ago. Feels good to have people actually like the tracks you show them for a change

Attached: 1560218388652.jpg (320x374, 12K)

just show them anyways op, i doubt they are expecting a masterpiece. Most people who don't make music are just impressed you are making any in the first place, whether that be idm or fuckin shoegaze. You gotta stop being so scared of what fucking rando's think

they're not randos, i see them everyday. but yeah the rest of what you're saying probably right ty,

bro did you just post cringe?

Idm is such a misnomer, it suggests normal dance music is less intelligent, while top edm producers like Guetta/Harris/Diplo have a better understanding of sound design than probably anyone else including idm superstars like Apex.