This album is Led Zeppelin I levels of song copying. Every single song has something copied...

This album is Led Zeppelin I levels of song copying. Every single song has something copied, or flat out steals from better more famous artists.

Examples:
>Elephant
Come Together - The Beatles
>The Bold Arrow Of Time
I Want You (She's So Heavy) - The Beatles
>I Don't Really Mind (the drums)
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club (Reprise) - The Beatles
>The Sun
Sweet Wine - Cream
>Island Walking
Manic Depression - Jimi Hendrix
>Sundown Syndrome (the kazoo)
Crosstown Traffic - Jimi Hendrix
>Jeremy's Storm
Third Stone From The Sun - Jimi Hendrix
>Desire Be Desire Go
I Can't Explain - The Who
>Be Above It
The Kids Are Alright - The Who
>It Is Not Meant To Be (the guitar arpeggios)
Set The Ray To Jerry - Smashing Pumpkins
>Runaway, Houses, City, Clouds (the bassline)
Fredag - Dungen

He definitely sings like John Lennon, with a little bit of George Harrison. The amount of delay and echo he smothers the vocals with reminds me of Lennon's vocals in A Day In The Life or George Harrison with Blue Jay Way. His guitar playing is amateurish but efficient. He reminds me of more textual guitar players like John McGeoch from Siouxsie And The Banshees or Johnny Greenwood from Radiohead, but the playing on Innerspeaker is very much wannabe Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, or even David Gilmour. His bass playing is not bad as well, being reminiscent of the melodic Paul McCartney or Chris Squire of Yes. His drumming is one of his best skills, and immediately was one of the first things I enjoyed right away. I think of John Bonham, but he also at times sounds like Jaki Liebezeit from Can or Nick Mason of Pink Floyd.

Overall, if I had to pick one album that sums up everything it's trying to do, it'd probably be The Beatles' Magical Mystery Tour.

Attached: 7ea586f7.jpg (600x600, 143K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Coz0TmK2ZIg
youtu.be/LyzPwe9ydB0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

genius is not about creating something totally new

>kevin parker
>genius

Tame Impala is basically entry level pysch for kids who never listened to guitar music their whole life

WOW A BAND WAS INFLUENCED BY OTHER BANDS

THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE

And yet his covers will still be better than anything you could hope of creating

i just like to smoke weed to it lol

>The Beatles' Magical Mystery Tour.
Consistently it sounds more like this

Attached: Cream-Disraeli-Gears-album-cover-web-optimised-820.jpg (820x820, 201K)

It’s ok if the band develops its own personality with its influences but tame impala is just soulless wallpaper music

Are you death? Not even a tame impala fan and no it doesnt sound like this.

OK, so he sounds a little bit like The Doors s/t, too. So what?

>Comparing Come Together and Elephant
Genuinely stopped reading there.

Elephant isn’t even on that album. And it doesn’t sound anything like Come Together.

at 2:40 of Elephant it sounds like Can I Sit Next To You Girl of acdc

dude all music sounds like all other music stop that bullshit already

Any other songs you notice Tame Impala sounds like? Curious

i wont hear any other

Well it’s interesting you say AC/DC because Kevin Parker said for songs like Elephant or Solitude Is Bliss he was going for that sort of sassy rock vibe, very much like Led Zeppelin or AC/DC.

do you know the acdc part that i refered to right?

Ye

Kevin Parker is an incredible producer who writes very catchy melodies and melancholy lyrics that contrast the generally bubbly aesthetic of the music. When has anyone on this board ever suggested tame impala is some revolutionary, innovative band? It’s fucking pop music. What point are you trying to prove?

all these dude acid bro lmao's getting mad over copy pasta

I read a RYM review that said it sounded the most like if Walls and Bridges Lennon combined with Led Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti revamped old Sgt. Pepper/Magical Mystery Tour songs. I agree with that comparison

Attached: mosaicc8e49b80588c69bf5ee0e429eb32cdda7029d41c.jpg (600x300, 99K)

>I Don't Really Mind
Sounds like I Can See For Miles by The Who

i'm picking up a lot of steely dan influence as well. I see your point, OP

Any songs in particular? Im curious

I've noticed Kevin Parker's drumming specifically on songs like Sundown Syndrome or It Is Not Meant To Be have a very jazzy drumming. Alittle like The Doors too

some of these are a real fucking stretch OP. and even if we take that at face value, originality isn't the only thing that is important.

Kevin’s entire career is based on these two songs
youtu.be/Coz0TmK2ZIg
youtu.be/LyzPwe9ydB0

Nah, he just copied the bass guitar part on Fredag for Runaway Houses City Clouds. And you’re right Blue Jay Way or A Day In The Life are obvious blueprints for the way he treats his vocals with effects. Lots of delay and echo. Like Elvis’ Heartbeak Hotel but on crack

>Overall, if I had to pick one album that sums up everything it's trying to do, it'd probably be The Beatles' Magical Mystery Tour.
Tame Impala has a unique aesthetic. He plays with all the instruments that the Beatles used on Help. For Innerspeaker he played a white strat. I think because he was channeling Hendrix/Clapton at the time (even wore the classic hendrix headband live). John lennon and George Harrison played strats on Rubber Soul. But Innerspeaker overall is trying to be Revolver, without a doubt, just with bigger louder drumming, more like on Abbey Road.

Another tid bit is that Kevin Parker's favorite Beatles album is Abbey Road. And his number one favorite song of all time is "I Want You She's So heavy". Bold Arrow of Time is obviously a sendup to that song.

Attached: 1559965877540.jpg (3120x3068, 2.81M)

Fucking kill yourself. Copypasta or not, this cancer must die.

What's the problem?

That image is disgusting, just the very thought of comparing the two is an insult to music

Did u kno that the intro to under the bridge is a rip-off of little wing
Shocking right