I can't decide if he was a hack or a genius. His lyrics are far from 'poetic' but his voice is rock Jesus

I can't decide if he was a hack or a genius. His lyrics are far from 'poetic' but his voice is rock Jesus

Attached: brodsky12.jpg (652x980, 55K)

holy shit he's skinny
his head looks photoshopped on wtf
body of slenderman head of a chia pet

thats a big head jeez

fat jim

Attached: D8IZ-ctWkAAuWZM.jpg (700x1024, 49K)

They all look like that. They consume a small amount of food mixed with a lot of drugs. On top of that the only heavy lifting they do is their instruments.

Ghost Song is literal poetry, there is no denying that and it absolutely works well
So yeah I'd call him a genius, for that and many other reasons, also a pretty insane dude, if he was a hack he wouldn't have that high of an ego for sure

He was based, no doubt about it.

What exactly makes his voice "interesting"? It puts me to sleep with boredom, Alabama Song is the only thing I can enjoy by this hack

>tries to make a case that Jim's voice is boring
>enjoys Jim's most boring vocal performance
Listen to something other than the S/t you reddit-tier pleb

you say that like its a bad thing

Beautiful

OMG BIG CHUNGUS

If you've listened to "The End" and are aware of the turmoil he had to go through with his parents, you'd see clearly that he was a genius.

L.A Woman is my favorite Doors song though

do women still like this body type

some do but i don't think it's the convention

when it's matched with that face, yeah

Women will always prefer that body type over the grossly enlarged gorilla types that /fit/ foolishly aspires to.

He had an obnoxious ego but that goes with being a rockstar. Some of his lyrics are really brilliant though

>A vast radiant beach in a cool jeweled moon
>Couples naked race down by it's quiet side
>And we laugh like soft, mad children
>Smug in the wooly cotton brains of infancy
>The music and voices are all around us.

idk man kinda sounds like pretentious dogshit to me

Well they have many simple lyrics for the comercial crowd also.

>Hello, I love you,
>Won't you tell me your name?
>Hello, I love you
>Let me jump in your game

FAT

Attached: 12C88E7D-94E9-40F9-9949-2FA93432274C.png (500x403, 90K)

ray manzarek made the doors great

facts. i used to practice his parts on Light My Fire and it made me realize he's the best keys player of that entire generation

i'm probably the biggest doors fan on Yea Forums and i can admit that some his lyrics can be amateur, especially on the mid albums, but when he's on, he's on, and as a frontman i don't think he's matched. he was inspired by a lot of "stream of conscience nonsense" poets, so i guess in the classical sense, his poetry is rubbish, but i still love it, and think he's elder-god tier for rock lyricists of era, if not all time

Attached: jimbo.jpg (990x1402, 92K)

/thread

Attached: ReactNative_snapshot_image_2690362312502961799.jpg (1080x631, 252K)

>His lyrics are far from 'poetic'
As far as rock goes he's one of the best.
>Our fingers weave quick minarets
>Speak in secret alphabets
>I light another cigarette
>Learn to forget, learn to forget...
Like come on, that moments great.

This is the opinion in every doors thread
>i don't get it so everyone is just pretending to get it to seem smart and he's really a hack

Only if you have a Chad face like Morrison but if you don't then you don't look in any body type whatsoever.

I don’t think lyrics have be really meaningful to be poetic. And he has some great songs like Cars Hiss By My Window that have more straight forward lyrics that are still amazing

good*

Jim... lay off the booze