Anyone else bummed this album has gotten so popular? Call me a gatekeeping hipster I don't care...

Anyone else bummed this album has gotten so popular? Call me a gatekeeping hipster I don't care. There's just something special about relatively unknown music. It's now almost in the top 300 on RYM.

Attached: vdc.jpg (600x600, 196K)

you have no idea what obscure music is
listen to more music
babby

It will never be radio friendly or in any top 40 so you should not worry. Besides, RYM is not that big all things considered

>xe cares what others think of xis music taste
yikes

Yes, definitely hipster

This album has been Yea Forumscore for years, stop being a drone pls

That's some cringe hipster shit right there.

you wouldve never heard this shit if it didnt get shilled to death in the /rym/ general more than half a decade ago

kys

Yes, that's why I keep my favorite music a secret :)

i love that album but i literally probably heard it close to a decade ago because it was spammed here even more than it is today... it was popular on here at the same time as itaots and hospice about a decade ago. drawing a line where it became normie is really stupid. it really hasnt gained that much popularity in recent years

>t. special snowflake

It was never "obscure". You were always a Yea Forumsdrone. You don't deserve to complain.

>xis
why not xer? or xeir? fucking patriarch

cringe and newfag. I remember when I first shared this album over 10 years ago and almost instantly regretted it. It took a long ass time but it ended up becoming a hipster classic. I regularly come back to these threads to see just how Yea Forums's hivemind changes. There are phases where Yea Forums loves this album, there are phases where Yea Forums hates this album. Similar to the Beatles. I also constantly see people talking about how this is the only album of this sort and how there will never be another album like VDC again, when I know like 10 other artists who make music just like Sweet Trip, I'm just not going to share them because I don't want this dreadful community to taint what few hidden gems I still have.

it's really not that good, get real

If the obscurity of an album plays a part in you liking it, you're a pretentious hack.

>cringe and newfag
I have been browsing this site for longer than you have, summerfag.

None of this changes the fact that VDC has always been a Yea Forumsdrone album.

/thread

if you found this album on Yea Forums then you're a newfag. sorry.

Oh that's probably like 80% of Yea Forums

to add to this Yea Forums basically has two eras. the era before i shared this album, and the era where I unleashed the tiger that is VDC on Yea Forums. like it or not, I was one of the few good things to happen to this board. You only know this album exists because of me being kind enough to share my taste with this piece of shit board. Can I at least get a thank you?

Thank you

this album has always been popular here

>tfw heard it when it had less that 500 ratings on rym
>didn't even know about it from Yea Forums
time I leave this cesspit honestly