/jazz/

Just listened to pic related again. Man Alice Coltrane kills on this. What are you listening to?

Attached: R-1118586-1444493007-5241.jpeg.jpg (600x593, 187K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p0shpdKVHM0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just listened to Giant Steps again for the millionth time.

Gonna play Lee Konitz in Hifi later. I haven't heard it in a while but I remember diging it.

should I listen to the full box set or the shorter vinyl version of this?

idk. I listen to the 4 hour version and I love it. depends how much you like Coltrane I guess.

I'm on the fence about doing drugs again. I was supposed to quit, am supposed to quit, but I'm tempted to go one more time. Can someone talk me out of it?

dont do drugs you fucking degenerate

I can't talk you out of it but what I can say is that everytime you relapse all previous work has been futile and you are back on square one.

If you are serious about being sober for the long haul you need to give yourself several years without drugs because thats how long it takes for your brain to regain normal functionality.

its a meme btw, this is a reference to someone who used to post frequently in /jazz/ threads about his NA meetings , no one actually knows the whereabouts of the first poster or if it was even real in the first place but all mentions of drugs in jazz related are probably not sincere

>55550
so close

Yes... i was memeing...

Idk what to listen to tonight. I'm actually starting to get bored of John Coltrane and Miles Davis cause I've heard them so much

There are other musicians.

Listen to Dolphy or something

I don't know why but I still haven't gotten into Coltrane... I only listened to Olatunji Concert

Listen to Giant Steps!

odd way to start Coltrane desu

Alright, I'll start downloading his discography right now

listen to Meditations if you liked Olatunji - it gets quite intense too and wasn't recorded on a toaster

>recorded on a toaster
lol that's a funny way of putting it.

I'm listening to pic related now

Attached: Always_a_Pleasure.jpg (200x194, 7K)

Full box set, the two longest songs are the high points of the recording for me, my favorite things and crescent.

Incredible album! Great choice.
Please don't. If you do it again, you'll keep telling yourself "just one more time". You need to just quit and resist the urges. Quitting is a long and arduous journey, but it's sure as hell worth it. Take your life back. Go to NA if it would help. Try and get friends or family to keep you accountable, so you're not relying on stranger from the internet to talk you out of it. Best of luck!

Check out Elephant9, they released some new shit this week and it's pretty fire
youtube.com/watch?v=p0shpdKVHM0

how the fuck did you end up having THAT as your first coltrane album

i want to know too
what the fuck

it's not that surprising, on the internet you can see lots of people talking about this importance of that album and the uniqueness of it, he obviously just saw that and decided to see what was up.

I always thought that Coltrane was just traditional jazz, and what got me into jazz was Cecil Taylor and Andrew Hill, so when I heard that Olatunji Concert was this wild, raw, free jazz I instantly downloaded it.

usually someone who is interested in an album like olatunji has probably already listened to one of Coltrane's classics since he is one of the most renowned jazz musicians. nice