Let's be honest here, this is awful

Let's be honest here, this is awful.

It's influential and important, and Gira would eventually figure out how to write good songs. But this is just shit.

Attached: SwansFilth.jpg (300x300, 18K)

Great, what did I start...

Nah lol

Here's a good redpill: all of Swans up until SFTB sucks ass

Swans was groundbreaking but other bands did it better. They get the respect they deserve though.

You listen to fucking Radiohead don't you?

Let's be honest here: Swans is awful. They're arguably influential and kind of important, and maybe Gira will eventually learn how to write good songs, but as of right now Swans is irredeemable garbage without one good album or even a decent song.

No, not really. Nice asspain you're displaying there, though

Soundtracks is a glorified demo tape of a bunch of unrealised concepts thrown together into a single, incohesive collection, you mouthbreathing hipster.

The Sound is the best post rock song ever recorded m8, even though it sounds like a demo

ITT: Deaf niggas

Attached: 1527413217757.png (1080x1294, 1.55M)

Filth is better than Seer and Glowing Man you clown

You said it like it's something bad you assbreathing faggot

I really like Filth but all their other similar stuff from the early days just does nothing for me somehow. I mostly care about Soundtracks For The Blind and the new trilogy when I think about Swans.

this is the absolute height of their discography

Attached: dead_grande.jpg (600x600, 31K)

I hope Mr Gira is alright or recovers soon.

Cop is so much better.

Listen to Public Castration for peak early Swans but I agree. I’m a pretty big Swans fan but honestly their no wave stuff just sounds like shit to me.

Sorry Michael, don’t rape me too

It's great lifting music.

Filth, Cop and Young God are peak Swans, I am going to take a guess and say that people enjoy late Swans more because it is easy listening that can appeal to any Radiohead fan

>Implying To Be Kind or The Seer is "easy listening"

The Seer is fairly inaccessible, but To Be Kind? That shit has a groove all over it, it is incredibly catchy rhythmic, the only "inaccessible" part are the track lenghts, but they progress and change around so much that they are fairly easy to listen to, The Seer's longer tracks are far more challenging.
To Be Kind is fairly accessible though, more accessible than Dopesmoker for example.

Compared to early swans, 100%. Late Swans is pretty boring, and not at all unique.

shut up faggot
>he only likes SFTB and Nu Swans
lmao
shut up faggot
>he thinks Nu Swans is challenging
LMAO

>he thinks Old Swans is challenging

Attached: 1560443533082.jpg (286x357, 71K)

nah it's got a great sound, how can you not like Power for Power

Sonic Youth > Swans

CRINGE OP. FILTH IS A MASTERPIECE.

never said that queer

If that's the case why didn't you say
>He thinks Swans is challenging
By excluding the old Swans from your argument, you are implying they are challenging unlike the new material from the band. You're just back-tracking now, as indeed, you never stated it, but it's obvious you were trying to imply it.

lmao no I specifically said "nu swans" because that era especially is accessible

the no wave era was their peak followed by jarboe era.

truth

F I L T E R E D

sftb is the best amalgamation of all their styles. nu-swans is shit tier

This, OP doesn't know how to be hard

imagine thinking this lmao. 75% of SFTB sounds nothing like all of their other stuff you fucking retard oh my god. so sick and tired of autists like you shilling for this garbage pop album

i like the demon voice on blackout

Also good driving music. Nothing like "Power for Power" when navigating congested freeways and tryin to stay in the fast lane.

>Let's be honest here, this is awful.
Very true.
>It's influential and important,
No, not really.
>and Gira would eventually figure out how to write good songs.
Nope.
>But this is just shit.
Yes.

filth is their only halfway decent album

how does this attention feel?
faggot

correct

Attached: 1532486744623.jpg (1098x1200, 158K)

ay lmao, imagine having this bad taste

swans are incredibly reddit

swans are essential redditcore

I think it's great

we're talking about Filth, you redditors. You should go listen to your Fantano-recommended To Be King vinyl.

To be king is the best Swansons album

every swans album is reddit, although nu-swans moreso. they're literally babbys second "experimental" band (after radiohead)

>we're talking about Filth
You only mean one of the most well known Swans albums, which is fairly accessible as well.
Try Cop or Castration Is A Good Idea.

yeah I think it's a good dark, heavy, and crushing album that was really ahead of it's time for 1983 and it definitely influenced a lot of the heavier later acts in industrial and metal.

This album changed my life. I suffer from insomnia and whenever I need to sleep I put this badboy on and Im sleeping in no time.

>we're talking about filth
No, you illiterate fuckwad. My post that you quoted was specifically talking about Soundtracks for the Blind.

That’s very interesting. I struggle to think of an album to which I would find it harder to sleep.

it didn't influence jack shit retard

>calls out nu swans for being reddit
>likes old swans
lmao

Godflesh
Unbased.

oooooooh wooooooooooow swans influenced the metal band metalheads never listen to woooooooooow zomg filth is such an important album guise!

I hate how people on Yea Forums can't argue and do not know how to grasp simple logic. Where did I say that metalheads listen to Godflesh, please show me user.

oh yeah a metal band that metal fans don't like must be very important and any band that influenced said band even a tiny bit must be heralded as influential!!!

/thread

>oh yeah
Literally this

>h yeah a metal band that metal fans don't like must be very important and any band that influenced said band even a tiny bit must be heralded as influential!!!
Godflesh has tons of fans from other genres user, and stop pretending to speak for the metalheads

>h yeah
lmao ok buddy

I fucking hate swans and throbbing gristle.
Change my mind. Please.

I like coil... help me...

every band you mentioned is shit

except throbbing gristle

especially throbbing gristle

>t. never worked out to Filth

Killing for Company, Love Will Save You, Stay Here, Blind and Frankie M are their only good songs that aren't on SFTB

I have a poster for a movie concept that didn't sell. It has this exact image. I'll post it in a sec

Maybe not the same, but similar.

Attached: 20190709_214248.jpg (4032x3024, 3.35M)

awesome thread

the truth of the matter is that Filth by the Swans is actually one of their best albums

Attached: file.png (652x451, 90K)

All their early stuff does sound a bit barebones while also lacking in melody so I can see why others may not enjoy it. I myself can’t really enjoy the stuff much myself at this point. But it still remains the Swans stuff I have listened to the most by a good margin because it was all I would listen to during my worse period in my life. The sparse brutal repetition of Swans’ early work fits that awfulness of life so perfectly.

this, only redditors like stftb
galatians 4 16

here
I want to argue but the trips of truth of spoken, touche my fair man, touche.

What was the concept