String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>stringtensionpro.com/
Music theory:
>musictheory.net/lessons
Guitar Maintenance and other information:
>frudua.com/guitar_craftpedia_en.html
Why is my guitar buzzing?
>frets.com/FretsPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
>mega.nz/#F!KIoilagC!3KtnUYdTW53VsQu9QrJS_g

For the purpose of this general I would like you all to link or provide the single most useful or helpful bit of guitar knowledge you've ever had revealed to you.
For example without this video I'd never have learnt to strum.
youtube.com/watch?v=CjM5fyXoV8w&t=715s

Attached: justin.png (831x625, 1.36M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KxFLgfLxIj8
legacy.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2015/USA/Les-Paul-Traditional.aspx
youtu.be/R0TIu6u9o3c
youtu.be/Njk_jtw3JsE
soundcloud.com/wagemage/it-is-like-that
youtube.com/watch?v=kn14Rq8sUAg
ibm.com/au-en/products
musicincmag.com/News/2019/070919/070919_Gibson.html?fbclid=IwAR2DccmZpE-9tlhb7i2L8VHcwQOtRmARDXqaQ5wdOQMSKofOd26aWl1ZpZM
vocaroo.com/i/s07iALw1MJzc
e-chords.com/chords/nirvana/smells-like-teens-spirit
e-chords.com/chords/nirvana/nirvana-smells-like-teen-spirit
markbass.it/product-detail/minimark-802/
youtube.com/watch?v=qMANVP8fcQU
redbubble.com/shop/less than jake stickers
redbubble.com/people/eyeronic-ts/works/34051645-cuckolds-dinner-creampie-design?cat_context=all-stickers&grid_pos=8&p=sticker&rbs=019ae561-67fc-4c54-b434-131b18819c3f&ref=shop_grid&searchTerm=cuckold
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Piano >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Guitar

make your own general homo
oh wait it would die before 100 post lol

>tfw you see yourself in the mirror with a genuine Gibson™ Les Paul Standard for the first time

Attached: Af9L2q5_crop.jpg (871x1075, 73K)

Any books in particular good for learning scales?

Yui also composed some genuinely sickass tunes on her genuine Gibson™ Les Paul Standard. Can you share some of your own genuinely written genuinely sickass tunes that you composed on your genuinely sickass genuine Gibson™ Les Paul Standard?

I could ...but I won't.

Attached: 13be819af017e958.jpg (960x854, 68K)

This is the guitar general, not the house decoration general. I'm glad for your sickass room decor piece. I feel your pain over not having a /deco/ board, but that's no reason to shit up a thread made for genuine musicians, okay?

Samuelo is deado, my name is Pedro and I can play GUITAR

Attached: 20190709_095613.jpg (640x480, 89K)

Relax dood!

Don't hate me 'cause you ain't me...

Attached: 1501021624573.jpg (922x940, 145K)

But I wanna rock duuude

I ain't hating. I'm telling you I feel your need to express your artistic interior decoration flair, but a musician thread is really not the place to do it.

Reminder that Yui uses a 15 watt solid state amp. A Marshall MG15CDR to be precise.

do you think he knows about Yea Forums?

I wanna rock (rock!) Dam tadadadam tadadadam tada want to rock

What is this finish called?

Attached: 1562664275025.jpg (1400x662, 161K)

who cares? nobody here plays

Pedro

i care because if i didn't i wouldn't have asked faggot

>tfw you hear that genuine Gibson™ Les Paul Standard tone coming from your amp for the first time

Attached: h4XXzb2.jpg (1920x1080, 129K)

feel better?

youtu.be/KxFLgfLxIj8

Guitarists get laid more than any other musicians and Piano players the least. We have already won.

What does ghee ghee think about synthesizers? It's like a SUPER piano and more expressive than any guitar ever made.

Attached: 4455cf7b8222454394891d6c2abc2a0d8183dc09.jpg (3264x2448, 741K)

It's called 'Desert Burst'.

Anyone here who plays guitar might want to check out the guitar composer general.

Honey Burst tbqh

legacy.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2015/USA/Les-Paul-Traditional.aspx

What's the best guitar riff ever recorded and why is it the Money For Nothing riff?

Attached: 42d955487a892e07f7777c05ea48ca2c.jpg (333x517, 21K)

>Mark Freuder Knopfler was born on 12 August 1949 in Glasgow, Scotland, to an English mother, Louisa Mary (née Laidler), and a Hungarian father, Erwin Knopfler.[9][10][11][12] His mother was a teacher and his father was an architect and a chess player whose anti-fascist sympathies and Jewish parentage forced him to flee from his native Hungary in 1939.[13] Knopfler later described his father as a Marxist agnostic.[14]
no thanks

Based

Let's end this once and for all. Which version of the song sounds better, piano or guitar?
youtu.be/R0TIu6u9o3c
youtu.be/Njk_jtw3JsE

God damn and I've been listening to that fucker
Damn the Jews really are everywhere in rock music

it's called /classical/ you retard

Come with me and we can change that, laddy.

Attached: Morrissey_1382705761_crop_550x378.jpg (550x378, 30K)

Guitar arrangement is nicer, but the guitarist seems kind of sloppy tbqh

I think i should have one of those mental retardation test i've tried multiple times in two years to get into musical theory and my brain is just not capable of it

piano = souless - guitar = soul

you need a seaboard to make piano soul tho

>Standard
i see what you did you short your sentence from any gibson to just standard what a kike your are.

A piano is literally just an automated guitar
>"me no want to fret note and play clean, me just want press big white button!!!"

Has to be one of the best for sure.
I’m gonna throw in the Turn, Turn, Turn!!! intro by the Byrds.

Attached: A62687B3-30C9-48CA-8F94-146FC73CE5FC.jpg (476x594, 51K)

They're allowed on the dungeon synth intro for my black metal EP. Also
>monophonic with that key amount
>thousands of bucks
Moog is a shit company

>2015/USA/Les-
you're all wrong, it's called mojave fade

>it's got a little holo sticker of les paul on the back of the headstock
lmao

Attached: LPTD15HYNH1_FRETBOARD_PANEL_03.jpg (398x248, 33K)

Wait, I thought you were Samuel and your dad was Pedro? Now you're saying Samuel is dead?

K.

caption should say:
"I look like a drunk retard who pretends to be a musician!"

dire straits is the most boring shit dad rock imaginable

Based but I prefer the Bells of Rhymney

Which concepts are you having a hard time with? Where are you trying to start? What's the lowest level concept you can grasp?

Music theory isn't difficult per se but it can be convoluted.

>JIMI HENDRIXU!?
>JEFFU BECKU!?
>JIMI PAGEU!?

Attached: 1559863146971.png (520x578, 252K)

this chick is a fanboy

imagine being this retarded

imagine being this retarded

it takes me 10 minutes to read a single chord on the staff the time to check accidentals and then count each semitones to see what are the intervals

da hoy hoy hoy

i think guitars are like pcs

the best thing to do is buy the best quality parts you can for your price point and either assemble it yourself or pay someone locally to do it

the fact that an electric guitar is such a simple machine means that its endlessly customizable and theres no need to buy something that doesnt perfectly fit your needs and is overpriced off the rack just because it has a brand name

imply that im impoverished but you know that im right, youve been fleeced by marketing

i think you are like autism

i honestly think its the intro and bridge of 'burnin for you'

lol poor

Why are you so slow?
Do it more often, use the key signature to your advantage to help you figure out a chords function in the progression.
I analyze songs on the fly, but I've also been building up jazz chords forever too, so I recognize chords and their inversions immediately.

peace of mind intro riff or boys are back in town chorus riff
pretty based choice

your ad hominems mean you have conceded my point

poorfag cope lmao
btw stop treating Yea Forums like a socratic seminar

Ukulele > guitar

no it means I have disproven it

once again im being persecuted for my intellect
boys are back in town was my second choice, thats a great one
thats tied with cowboy song for my favorite thin lizzy track

Ukeleles sound terrible 100% of the time. It doesn't matter how well you can play it, it sounds awful.

>Why are you so slow?
i'm not sure part of it is because i have to count semitones for everything like i can't just think G# C oh that's 4 semitones i have to manually count A A# B C oh that's 4 semitones

So many times, this. Playing a uke instead of a guitar is like playing the top two octaves of an upright instead of a full grand.

if youre not a 400 pound polynesian man you have no business playing the ukelele. thats cultural appropriation and its wrong

I don't think of distance in half steps, I think of intervals which I check against the key signature. First thing to do is stack the chord up in Tertiary Form to ensure you know what you're working with, that requires no counting.
I'd almost have to do a video to demonstrate it, but it's a much faster system to operate in.

This is completely fine. Like the other user already said; just do it more often.

Attached: 1258609708873.jpg (500x375, 26K)

you need to remember a whole lot of combinations for this no?

Brand guitars = prebuilts
Fender = Dell
Ibanez = Alienware
Gibson = ?

>I come to Yea Forums to shitpost after a hard day of karma whoring on plebbit

Gibson = IBMx286 = outdated POS

cool non-sequitur post, i'd give you gold if i could!
weren't you complaining about ad-hominems just a moment ago?

Yeah, you'll have to memorize the system of intervals by pairing a Quantity(determined by the scale degree distance represented on the staff, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc) and the Quality(determined by the amount of half steps the interval is away: Major, Minor, Perfect, Augmented, Diminished).

It's ultimately the first step to analyzing chord progressions, transposing, and fast chord building.
I have a system for expected intervals that I usually write out for my students who want to take theory that far.
I'll take a pic of it if I can find paper and a pen.

No, I am not the guy who misused the term "ad hominem". This was my first post in the conversation. Here's my second one. Your opinions are completely irrelevant and shit because of the fact that you are a newfag. This is an ad hominem, and there is nothing wrong with it.

soundcloud.com/wagemage/it-is-like-that

Attached: IMG_20190704_1938476.jpg (4056x2704, 2.52M)

piano has to be the most soulless instrument, it's as artistic as typing fast on a keyboard

nobody cares

>you are a newfag
no

Attached: Cx3sQ64UkAE2YPC.jpg (917x770, 86K)

sweet home alabama

You tell me, after giving me the quintisential "Yea Forums isn't for honest discussion it's for FUNPOSTING" newfag shtick. If it quacks like a duck it's probably not a spade. Not exactly rocket appliances.

my gf just blocked me because I said I was going to buy a les paul when she said offset :(

also do u guys know any arthoe types that are just kinda decent people? I have the same music taste as an arthoe indie girl and I love that but they all smoke and are just actual hoes like they’re sending nudes within a day of talking

guitar fag here
no thats no true, i did some levels on piano i dont regret it.
a) it tought me how to read sheet music - a skill i dont use much but know - i dont need guitar tabs to play guitar from any sheet music
b) pianos suck but being able to rip up a synth song or fat hammond organ tune is pretty fucking cool.
c) ive joined up in bands on keyboard but later moved to lead guitar. 9/10 times a band will lose one of their guitarists due to alphamale infighting.

just kys

gibson = the abacus

kek
i stand corrected on the IBM xt

The xt is a model, not a brand, you eejit.

Can't wait till summer is over. Jesus fuck... kids ruining this thread.

>that giant reddit space

Attached: ap,550x550,12x12,1,transparent,t.png (550x550, 195K)

I saved your comment a pic would be great if you have the time

>Gibson this
>Gibson that
>blah Gibson
>haha poorfag

I think this is the guy with the cherryburst that posted that sonic the hedgehog cover that sucked total dick.

Attached: cs-JerryCantrell4-Atlanta6702.jpg (487x500, 38K)

The most influential guitarist of our generation. Prove me wrong.

>tfw only a Gibson™ is good enough

Attached: 267b0d5267c0f9e1f4a5b6278c5b13db--guitar-hero-guitar-players.jpg (236x317, 11K)

>mfw don't buy into Gibson or Fender because they both price gouge and you can get equivalent or better Ibanez, Charvel, ESP for 1/2 the price

Attached: 1552960035941.gif (360x238, 1.43M)

I literally built my dream guitar through Warmoth and it was only like $2000. Why settle for anything less than what meets your ideal specs?

lol but you can't play so who gives a shit?

>6 Posters
>8 Replies
ouch

Attached: 1561281644056.jpg (1096x1204, 179K)

>with the cherryburst
you mean that clownburst chibson ?

They're doing construction on the floor above and I can't fucking bear the noise anymore it's been going for two weeks now and it's all day

look out everyone we got detective stupid on the case!

Attached: sonic-hedgehog-guitar-2.jpg (468x230, 43K)

>he never gigs because nobody will play with him because he's not professional enough to own a Gibson

Attached: 1551702612782.gif (316x323, 163K)

Based back at you!

>not jamming out to the construction sounds

Never gonna make it

youtube.com/watch?v=kn14Rq8sUAg

that's not what i said at all you fucking knuckle dragger

This is such a happy place.

Fuck what you said, kill yourself.

IBM make a lot of "products". It was a list of PCs so i listed an old shitty PC on list of PC.
or be an eejit & take your pick off these
ibm.com/au-en/products

>jcum is busy right now picking up rocks around a construction site and rolling them up a hill in a wheelbarrow
>and when he gets home he's so cross eyed from the manual labor he installs a nut like this
y'all say /gg/ ain't fun but it is

Attached: 1561933105076.jpg (1836x2723, 1.14M)

what pickups did you use?

That string winding is the most disgusting part of the image, honestly.

so you are stalking his instagram pls share it.

I know all 5 positions of the blues scale. Still can't get out of the minor pentatonic box and just keep playing the same licks. Listening to BB King non-stop and still can't get it.

Getting bored now tbqh, I've been playing for years and still can't improvise for shit

Attached: 20728376_10155304217071154_275764649534785485_n.jpg (720x960, 78K)

Buy a Gibson.

Best advice is to think about the chord shapes that you're playing over. Pick up the book Chord Tone Soloing by Barrett Tagliarino. If I was starting again I wouldn't have spent as much time on scales as I did in the beginning.

>one pass wound string on the tuning pegs
fucking amateur. have fun keeping this in tune
>squire
fucking amateur x1000

Isn't that more for Jazz playing though? I can play chord based Blues licks and mix them into my playing. My issue is getting lost on the fretboard and phrasing.

>squire
You were saying something about amateurs?

im not sure i get it. if you know positions cant you just anchor yourself around the root notes? what do you mean by getting lost?

Pops is losing it. He groped my ass today thinking that i was mom. I didn't stop him he looked happy

Not him, but I literally am just starting. Best advice on getting a solid string replacement with a good amount of winds?
Also, why does a larger number of winds help?

if you arent using locking tuners youre a pleb

It doesnt. The guy doesnt know what hes talking about he cant even spell the name of the brand right. Loys of windings is good for classical guitars anf floyd rose equipped guitars. If it break at the bridge you just unwind and feed more. On a hardtail guitar it makes no difference

It can work in any context. I remember there was a Guitar World interview with Marty Friedman and he said that he only thinks about the notes of the chords he's playing over. Although he does play scalar runs in his music too.

Of course, stay with the scales. The pentatonic scale is a very handy tool to have under your belt and can work for a lot of different chords. You just don't have to play and "think" A minor pentatonic over a chord progression that's in A minor. You can play E minor pentatonic too. Alex Machacek's Pentatonic Concept's DVD goes into this in more detail. Yes, he's a fusion player, but the idea can be applied to rock / metal as well.

Trying to play Hendrix stuff has badly fucked up my index finger. I spent last week practicing Castles Made of Sand and now I can't do shit.

What the FUCK was Jimi's problem?

You just probably more than likely have bad technique

Archtop superstrat is the best body shape

Slimmer than the strat with better contours for your picking arms

*Automated dulcimer

But they are the most direct path from your mind to the music and are fourth in terms of range and polyphony, right behind a large pipe organ, a full orchestra, and a DAW.

Kaka

>snooping for cheap second hand acoustic to gift to my brother who wants to learn
>find 14 year old art hoe selling an old Aria for €60 with a case
>test her knowledge by asking if it's a steel string or nylon as picture is unclear
>"Oh I don't know really i will send a better picture when I get home"
>Jackpot, she knows jack shit about it
>Probably a gift by her dad and used twice
>"I'll take it off your hands for €25, you get to keep the case I will bring my own"
>She agrees

Fucken shlohmo'd stupid thot

what is there to technique other than wrist angle?

regular tuners actually stay in tune fine on a hardtail up until the strings crap out

locking tuners with old strings will detune daily but are handy for stratfags who have a tremolo without a locking nut

I've been playing many years although self-taught. I have big hands and no problem thumbing bass notes and fingering barre chords the way he did. Never had any problems before other than occasional wrist pain due to my long arms and tiny cuck wrists.

Thumb position, arching your fingers and using the tips, and how you hold the whole guitar (should be over your left leg with the neck higher up and angled slightly towards you. your left leg must be slightly propped up to do this)

who TF cares how to spell a shitty guitar brand i never want to play. ever. POS fender for poorfags
>Loys
kys hypocrite
its fine go ahead with single pass if user likes to tune his axe every 2 mins - or loves shoegaze.

No guitar should be going out of tune if it's strung up properly and the bridge is set up right. Even non-locking trem guitars.

why cant i bring myself to buy second hand guitars
fuck

>think about the chord shapes
Think about the notes.
Lot of good a chord shape does you, it doesn't inform you of anything and doesn'r even give you a way to voice lead from one chord to the other(which is totally possible using four voices even in jazz, highly recommend)

>if you aren't yssing an assistance tool for people too stupid to set up their instrument you're a pleb
This is like saying "if you aren't in a wheelchair you're retarded". You probably eat with a napkin too.

Hang in there m8, I haven't forgotten.

I just feel like unless you have some abnormally long and dexterous fingers you really cant to anything wrong with them when wrapping your thumb over the low E like you have to do with hendrix stuff

You dont know what your talking about obviously and just want to be a retarded troll

Attached: 20190708_120752.jpg (4160x3120, 3.58M)

Going heavy full step+ dives on a non-locking trem will slightly unwind strings at the tuners and cause them to be slightly off when they return to tension

>mom won't let me be hardcore so i act hardcore on the internet

Next you'll probably say going up or down more than a half step is tremolo abuse and then call me a slayer fan

In my experience, you don't ever have to use your thumb for anything on the fretboard for any reason. Cross-Fret Barres tend to do the job.

sorry i dont speak caveman

consider joining us in the future in a few years, when youve finished restringing your guitar

If you're thinking about the chord shape then you should be thinking about the notes in the chord. Thinking about chord shapes helps players to connect the dots on the fretboard.

Let the kiddies play fantasy black rock n roll man

Ive been wondering about switching to a lime pickguard for my black strat with a maple neck. Its been hard to find nice pictures. Do you have more? It looks a bit off to me, with the maple and the green

i'm sure there's a chord voicing out there somewhere that actually needs five fingers so it's not just a technique for people that are bad at using their index finger

You're a fucking idiot. Learn how to wind your strings. All that using locking heads does is tell everyone you're too stupid to figure out how to wind strings.

Attached: My-Halo-Custom-Guitar (8).jpg (995x420, 38K)

I believe the pickguard is mint. Depending on the lighting its more cream or more green.

Attached: 20190329_172125(1).jpg (1866x2680, 1.05M)

fuckoff dickhead. are you seriously going to say the fender is "the same" or not as good???.
hahahaha. have fun with your delusion imbecile

Jazz cat here.
Assuming you know most of the basic scales this is what you want to do.

>Practice more arpeggios. ALWAYS PRACTICE ARPEGGIOS
>Keep practicing the scales you know but pay extra attention to the tonics (root if you will) within them. You're probably already doing this but I mean really obsess over those fucking tonics, man.
>Work on adding chromatic concepts into your improvisation.
>Transcribe phrases you like and steal them. Literally just steal them.
>Always study more music theory. Seriously.
>Do more ear training.

Studying music theory is a severely underrated tool and if you use it in conjunction with fretboard exploration and ear training you'll be breaking out of old, milquetoast habits before you know it. Improvisation doesn't really 'click' (imo) until you break free from fretboard systems. It's important to use these systems in the beginning but as you develop theoretical and practical knowledge you'll undoubtedly create your own 'system' of associations and relationships.

What?

omg. you are an idiot. stop giving advice ffs

Oh I see you're one of them "trolls" that says things that are objectively wrong to anyone with half a brain and calls everyone else an idiot.

Attached: gotem.png (298x231, 64K)

I've only ever heard "caveman" being used by onion juice chugging cucks. Now it makes sense why winding strings is too difficult for you.

Speak english, nigger.

t. can't into barre chords

show me a chord that requires the use of the thumb

get out newfag

Look at the post above yours. Case in point.

yeah, good luck playing hendrix withall your fingers tied up in the chords.

its not like its hard to do, dumbdumb, it just takes more time for absolutely no benefit

its like insisting on using the stairs in a building with an elevator, but without any of the benefit. weve solved the problem, man

Go back to plebbit newfriend.

When you build chords, they're comprised of notes. A shape gives you only one way to play something, but chords, especially in jazz like to change and you might have make additions or compensate for accidentals.
You can't think of music in shapes and do a decent enough job, have to think about where the notes are on the fretboard and maybe even make a decision as to how the important voices should move from one chord to the next to avoid huge leaps.

keep to your limited playing style. youre not worth the time

>Going heavy full step+ dives on a non-locking trem will slightly unwind strings at the tuners and cause them to be slightly off when they return to tension

Use lubrication. The best lube I have found is Schumacher moly grease. It's made for radio controlled cars but works very well on guitars. Put some on the nut and the bridge and anywhere else the string contacts the guitar - apart from the string trees.

Can you do barre chords?

I play classical music all the time.
I've never come across an instance, even when looking at Tommy Emmanuel arrangements where the thumb is actually a necessity.

you just unironically used the word cuck

frankly, youre too hot to handle, take a lap

what exactly do you mean by handy in this context?

Show me one faggot

Are you seriously implying barre chords are the more difficult technique out of the two? Of course I can play barre chords?

>use lubrication
>strings still unwind around the posts and return to a different resting point

jesus christ wept, what parts of any RC cars have extremely expensive wood components???
the advice on this thread makes me want to dump a runny shit on your own guitar.

F/Gb

lole

>LOCKING TUNERS ARE FOR RETARDS WHO CAN'T WIND STRINGS
>DIP YOUR GUITAR IN OIL

that's the advice i'd expect from a thread that actually recommends $10000-$2000 gibsons, which are made from the scrap wood left over from making even more expensive gibsons, because gibson likes to jew you that much

Ok then youre set. Do soccer players have to do backflips to score everytime they kick the ball?

t. Doesn't know what a cross-fret Barre is

I get they're primarily a jazz/classical technique, but you could pretend not to be uneducated for a bit.

Rock n roll fags generally are

if you see someone with a strat just don't talk to them, they're probably retarded

ikr
fuck this. this thread has a handful of resonable knowledgeable posts, and about 40 try-hard bullshitting morons.
my best advice to any guitar noobs here is seriously dont take notice of any of this advice.

Locking tuners are for making string changes faster, that's about it. I can also see the argument for being useful on a non-locking trem, but if you wind your strings correctly, that's not a problem either.

lame analogy bro

I've seen exactly three good guitars shilled here this week:
Fender Mustang
ESP Snapper
ESP M-II

And that's because they were all played by anime girls

/gg/ wouldn't know a good guitar unless it was played by an anime girl

The idea is that when you wrap your thumb over the low E you have more fingers free to play around within the scale, without breaking the chord. I would frankly love to see you play the little wing intro line, note for note, without wrapping your thumb over.

>Wind your strings correctly

You tie a double knot with the last wind so it won't unwind if you do a divebomb?

changing strings faster is a godsend for anyone who plays live often, as well as being generally convenient

it's either/or, there's no downside to locking tuners

that's some elementary barre chord shit

can you really not move your fingers while doing a barre chord

Not really. My point is that the hendrix thumb technique is not necessary and more of a showmans gimmick. Also hendrix stole all the cool stuff from buddy guy. Your precious zambo wasnt as impressive as the jews want you to believe. Buddy guy is 10x the player and still alive

Attached: image-placeholder-title.jpg (1200x675, 122K)

lets see it then

>there's no downside to locking tuners
I didn't say there was. Some people will argue that the more winds on your tuners, the better the tone. But then, some people argue that the color paint makes a difference as well.

>Fender Mustang
are you a manlet do you really play on that scale ?

just dont help them. theyre mostly aspys with kmart branded guitars (palms face)
theyll never get it

The thing with short scales is not only do they let manlets reach as far as normal people, but they let normal people reach even further.

Remove mustang and replace with american pro hss strat

haha take your time i'm here all day and if i miss it i can always go check the archive

a whole 3/4 of an inch shorter than a Gibby.

i dont give a shit about hendrix bro

i think its funny that the point your making is that the guy who used to light his guitars on fire did a little move with his thumb to show off, instead of it just being a comfortable way to do what he wanted to do

stuff is worth doing if its comfortable and makes the sound you want, end of story as far as im concerned. its dumb to look at a technique and say its not necessary because someone can always use it musically

jesus christ, how do several people in this thread treat barre chords as gate keeping material, its as if they started playing two months ago

if short scale basses and guitars are generally considered to have more low end, why are baritone guitars bigger?

at the thickness they have baritone strings would be unbelievably floppy on regular scale guitars

right, I meant mint. theres really nothing remotely lime about it. looks a lot better in this light

igtg.
this thread is making me laugh & cry atst
i weep for the future of guitar i really do

is it something i should upgrade right away or only when i find that i need to?

Sure but on the comfort aspect i prefer my thumb under the middle of the neck. Makes its easier for long stretches and legato in general. At the end of the day its a gimmick and we both know it. Not trying to stop you tho by all means play whats most comfortable to you

Might have to get to my studio first and then I'll post it, should be there in an hour or so.
I notice no one has ever wrote the Interval system out the way that I did, but I think it might have been in a text book of mine.
Apparently I wrote it out for my girlfriend at the time because she was struggling to figure out how Intervals work.

>there's no downside to locking tuners
More mechanical parts for virtually no benefit is, in fact, a downside.

I believe they also sell greener veraions of mint pickguards. My strat is all stock so this is what came with it

Attached: 1545780408849.jpg (1541x3244, 871K)

When you feel you need to.

So how are those friction tuning pegs?

Charvel runs under the fender name these days

I thought you changed the pickup and the neck

t. man who's never broken a string during a gig

its a single thumbscrew, its not gonna explode

Beyond that, having your thumb behind the neck allows it to act like a pivot/focal point for the hand. I can keep thumb in the same spot and jump an octave distance on the same string. Having the thumb over the guitar and the palm of the hand touching/gripping the neck absolutely kills stretch distance for me.
It the difference between stretching maybe 5 frets(1-5) to being able to stretch 8(1-8). This in turn gives me the ability to reach chords easier and faster with less strain.

Are there any differences in the black finishes offered by fender?

Well, so much for that statement from Gibsons CEO.

musicincmag.com/News/2019/070919/070919_Gibson.html?fbclid=IwAR2DccmZpE-9tlhb7i2L8VHcwQOtRmARDXqaQ5wdOQMSKofOd26aWl1ZpZM

Are Aria's good then?

Huh. When did i say that? No its all stock. Vmods with shawbucker.

i want you to sit down for what im gonna tell you next

you can move your hand depending on the notes you need to hit

Yes this is my exact point. If you want to pretend youre hendrix it will limit your movement. I guess for boomers that dont use their pinky movement and playability is secondary to comfort

Then who was it that swapped the neck on their US strat?

Im not sure. I remember the agilefag personality had an american special that he bought a clapton neck off of warmoth for. It was roasted

Loads of people use it. Mike Casswell (RIP) recommended it all the time at his clinics, which is where I got the idea from. You're not putting it on the wood. If you get it over the wood then you're a careless spastic.

C
G
D
G
B
D

Just posting to tell you, both of you, what an incredibly retarded argument you're having.

do you need to listen to a tonne of music to be good at making it?

Attached: Am I stupid.jpg (413x427, 43K)

They are full of the previous owner's grime, yuck

>BTW I'M A MODERATE

i think at some point

maybe not continually, but you definitely need some seed to start off with

That must be who I'm thinking about. I remember the replacement was roasted.

youre giving advice to /mu here. have a think about it....
there are actual industry made products for instrument purpose. i cant remember the names but they exist

thanks for letting us know that youre too good for all the nonsense that happens here on Yea Forums

i bet they seeth about this, wait for it

No problem, man. Go practice.

vocaroo.com/i/s07iALw1MJzc
how are my licks and solo
yes, i know the vocals are a bit drowned out, i recorded it with my phone while the song played on the radio

Attached: 1548771830825.jpg (474x355, 22K)

hey my guy do you have a pic with the squire in front of the jcm900 i think i remember you posting it once?

how to decide between jaguar or jazzmaster as babbys first offset?

what kind of music or bands do you like user
do you like full scale guitars or short scale
have you ever been pegged

Why?

sounds like your ideas are alright, but you are out of tune and need to practice the song more.

i need it for next op

Indie(more bedroom and dreamy)/Surf/Psych
I could list a million bands I like but they all use different gear anyway, a mix of jags/jms/teles and strats.
I have only ever played bass so I don't care about short or long scale when I have held in store.
No.

okay, i know i'm not out of tune, stop this meme
the chords wouldn't harmonize with the voice if i was

How do you like the brass nut?

Ok since you're honest.

Attached: 20190623_200527(1).jpg (1944x2571, 815K)

Why are these chords different here even though it's the same song?
e-chords.com/chords/nirvana/smells-like-teens-spirit
e-chords.com/chords/nirvana/nirvana-smells-like-teen-spirit

I started out as a bass player too and in your case I recommend the Jazzmaster. Jaguar scale is too small and uncomfortable for me, as a bass player.
You should care about it, next time you got to the store stop being an idiot and compare the neck on the Jazzmaster to the neck on the Jaguar, there's a huge difference, specially in the upper frets.
Also get what your favorite guitar players uses, if you ask me.

damn you can't even see the nut. now i have to come up with a new title

Attached: F08168C0-71FC-4B3D-87BB-5081B058B459.png (451x619, 467K)

I didnt.open any. But voicings preference is my guess

You do anime faces?. Put a retard face on the squier for me

Attached: 20190623_151230(1).jpg (1915x2611, 855K)

post one thing you own thats not filthy and i might

Attached: 1346701910757_4460943.png (420x294, 25K)

idk if you are mocking or not
just something about i like my own wear on things its autistic

Love it. Need to do it to the rest of my guitars.

2 new pick types to run through the paces

>The never ending search for the greatest pick continues

Attached: 20190709_153444.jpg (1440x1032, 854K)

Honey burst, but do NOT buy a 2015

I was gonna post your mom but shes the filthiest thing i own

Green Tortex is my favourite, I don't have the "sharp" ones though, just the regular.

hah!

Well I came up with this (pic related) a few days ago by cutting down a Fender triangle pick, and loved it. Then I realized it's basically the Tortex sharps, so I figured I'd try them. I also like the standard JazzIIIs, so I figured I'd try the bigger ones.

I guess a pic would help

Attached: 1562480078042.jpg (748x997, 530K)

I like these

Attached: jazziiitortex.jpg (1400x1400, 151K)

Pwn

I've been using these

Attached: 20190430_222127.jpg (907x907, 683K)

Name some good, portable bass combo amps. I'm sick of lugging around my Acoustic stack.

why a combo? why not a little head and cab. then you can add your cab to a big rig down the road + it'll be cheaper and allow you to get exactly what you want

>all the food you post looks like it came straight off one of those roach coaches that serves mexicans who work at construction sites
Jcum day laboring dosen't have to be unhealthy you know...

Attached: 2ufhwNgM3qHKRHH6weM9nCMcWQBjoP8gaTGCHb8sDALmKRLVuJkwbyXowbFSX7ouz8RL4E9fL.jpg (640x480, 67K)

markbass.it/product-detail/minimark-802/

Thats asian food tho. Stop trying so hard.

Instead of appealing to younger players like fender does they pull of this cringy stunt. Hope the company goes under for its dinosaur ways.

I'm pretty sure this will be the final nail in their coffin. Most of the patents have expired or they simply have not enforced it in so long that they'll be dismissed. And I figure guitar shape/technology court precedents won't be in their favor, either. They'll lose, pay out the wazoo, and go even further broke.

I'm serious, I would never buy used

Have any of you tried the player jaguar bass?
Sounds really good desu

Intervals for that one user, sorry my handwriting is putrid.
This shows the system at least, it's basically short hand so you don't have to count but it requires memorization up to a point.
The method I use involves this being memorized, with having an understanding of the exceptions that can occur within this, and marrying this system to knowing the key signatures for easy reference as to what note should be within a given key.
I've been doing it for so long I almost never think about.

I marked all the intervals, with a star, that appear in a major scale from the root of that scale.
This is beneficial if you know your key signatures because you can know immediately how far away something is just by knowing the accidentals in a key.

Attached: E8A01C4E-487E-4D81-A22C-AF87BE5AB5AF.jpg (4032x3024, 2.74M)

youtube.com/watch?v=qMANVP8fcQU

wew the jag at 1:04 and jm at 4:41

You get chinese food from a roach coach?

Attached: 510423ccafa96f18c3000078.jpg (400x441, 77K)

Attached: 924px-MICROCEPHALY.png (924x768, 204K)

How can anyone like those sounds?
Just buy a strat which can do everything because those can't.

>have the jazzmaster and jaguar as unique lineups in the fender arsenal
>force HH configs and other stupid bullshit into them all the time

Could be worse, I guess. I imagine they don't serve seafood at construction sites? Hopefully anyway.

How do I go about getting band stickers to put on my guitar so I can be cool like my favorite guitar players

Attached: 9cfd37779fd4ac3abfa021a1abcdc2ab.jpg (625x919, 92K)

which is the less shitter in this instance for someone too poor for a real one? HS jag or HH jm lol

at least the vintera series looks really well done
get the classic vibe/vintage modified squiers, they're honestly pretty decent

ebay

Player humbuckers are too dark, the jazzmaster doesn't even come with coilsplit like the jaguar

I can't find anything for bands I want, I mean sure I can find Green Day and I do like them, can even find NOFX, but not Descendents, 30 foot fall, AJJ, Less Than Jake, NUFAN...

I listened to the player strat and its pups sound thin compared to my vmods.

Retard
redbubble.com/shop/less than jake stickers

Why are yall so obsessed with this when the gold top is the best instrument

NEW THREAD

Attached: 60054672-406B-47A6-919F-D8C6DC836D04.jpg (1065x1550, 1.08M)

I tried the strat and tele and didn't like either very much. My rule of thumb is that you should put in at least 800 or 900 bucks to buy a single coil guitar unless you want to modify it yourself. Almost everything below that sounds pretty bad for some reason. Humbuckers don't have this problem.

Redbubble doesn't ship to my shithole

>AJJ
Found one
redbubble.com/people/eyeronic-ts/works/34051645-cuckolds-dinner-creampie-design?cat_context=all-stickers&grid_pos=8&p=sticker&rbs=019ae561-67fc-4c54-b434-131b18819c3f&ref=shop_grid&searchTerm=cuckold

>get the classic vibe/vintage modified squiers, they're honestly pretty decent

I hear they are supposed to be but aren't they still pretty shit in the grand scheme? I've never owned a squier but I can't believe that quality can be as good as a MIM despite what people say because surely it would make MIM pointless? and apparently basswood will just fall apart from anything

it's a real shame my options for any real jaguar or jazzmaster is a squier/vintera and even those vintera are pretty steep for a mim

Theres truth to this.

Attached: toosoon.jpg (1757x813, 107K)

the yamaha pacifica

Attached: IMG_6500.jpg (1200x1200, 262K)

the cheaper non-standard MIMs have always sucked
i've played a J Mascis Jazzmaster, a CV Precision Bass, and one of those new Jaguars with the blocks and bindings. None have had any issues, except the precision needed one (1) fret filed and the Jaguar needed a shim (which even American Jaguars do sometimes), ended up using the bass in studio out of the box, even.
If you're concerned about your image because you have to have an instrument that says "Fender" on it, or bust, I suggest you join a fashion troupe or something.

for recording in an apartment i mean

Redbubble doesn't ship to my country ( Serbia )

Attached: He can't keep getting away with it.jpg (245x295, 29K)

Oh hahaha yes I get it.
I like their songs even though they are admittedly cucks.
Weird you went for them and not for Green Day like every Elitist ever

Very thin neck, put together well, pickups can be a bit sterile sounding and need good EQ tweaking and amp modelling

I'm not concerned about the logo at all. I just have no idea how a squier can be almost as good as American, I would have thought QC is skimped on or something.

So if I'm after a JM, a CV is just as good as JMascis?

Squier is definitely not as good as an American, but their top stuff is better in my opinion than the lower tier mexican stuff like the player series bullshit or those bullshit-ass black top offsets, that shit is pretty shitty and only costs that much because it says Fender on the headstock.
J Mascis' signature honestly has the best playing neck I've ever had on a guitar, try it out before you make a choice, the pickups are not real JM pickups though so watch out for that, they're more like P-90s.
CVs are good too, but really you should try out any of these before buying, their QC could be wonky as you say, and you should look through the guitar before purchasing.

and boss katana?

Attached: 7197a70bdac823dcc2c66c70ef4726b9-480-80.jpg (480x360, 29K)

The j mascis guitar is extremely mediocre.

Is that not Dr. Evil?

tryhard thread over here guise

Attached: 4EC16890-1B8E-4B82-A74E-732BF20958D7.png (1319x2256, 2.93M)

who even buys duo sonics?

Attached: 1546134688899.jpg (720x960, 101K)

people with taste

lol taste for dick maybe

The boss katana I didn't like at all from what I've tried myself in a store. I can vouch for the yamaha thr series though, especially the thr10c which I own and use with a 311 pacifica. Great cleans, great crunch and also acts as an audio interface for recording. Nice effects (especially the spring reverb and tape delay) on board too with further tweaking abilities possible with an editor.

Feisty little art hoes

Literal faggots

nice

Guys, does the epiphone les paul even have washed cherry sunburst as a finish. It's my favourite but I only find them with Cherry Sunburst or Heritage Cherry sunburst

Just buy cherry sunburst and pour some ajax on it.