Is a woman having generic taste in music a deal breaker for you...

Is a woman having generic taste in music a deal breaker for you? You've tried to get this woman to expand her taste by showing music to her but she defaults back to mainstream pop and has no desire to listen to anything else.

Attached: 1561939264129.png (764x877, 533K)

Really Pop music is just bland
Its not good but its so mediocre and boring that i dont care much

no dude wtf it's just a hobby
should she break up with me if i have a basic taste in paintings or skate videos?
jesus the thought that someone would do this is freaking me out

>:
Clearly its more important than skate videos. Music is a primal urge shared by all humanity collectively. If someone is drawn to simplistic and repetitive structures it says alot about a large part of their intelligence. Not to mention that they also obviously have a group mentality and no independent will to branch out into non popular music. Weather this is worth breaking up with someone it's up to op, but I think not. Just find other collective interests.

well yeah
having common interests strikes me as a pretty important part of a relationship and if music is an important part of your life then of course you'd wanna meet someone who shares similar interests
>If someone is drawn to simplistic and repetitive structures it says alot about a large part of their intelligence.
some of the smartest people i know listen to mainstream pop more than anything else
complex music ≠ smart people

Yes.

>Is a woman having generic taste in music a deal breaker for you?
No man, it's just a passion of mine, and as long as she respects it it's ok (and viceversa for her own passions of course).
If she straight out disrespects you because of your hobbies/passions it's a red flag, though. It usually means she's not really into you as much as she's into the idea of having a boyfriend/other superficial aspects of the relationship

>Clearly its more important than skate videos. Music is a primal urge shared by all humanity collectively.
People have different hobbies. I know a lot of people who either don't care about music or only listen to it to kill time when bored. They might be onto other hobbies in which you have a group mentality/simplistic taste. It's not just music

As long as she has at least one preferred genre that isn't pop, I don't care

If I had a girlfriend I would not allow her to listen to music or anything I don't like, it would be forbidden because I'm the man in the relationship and she'll do what I tell her or I'll get another one.

not really, I'm not into my gf's music but it could be worse and shes built like a supermodel so it wouldn't be right to complain

Imagine thinking music is a "hobby", it's the most superficial perception of it. Music is a necessity for all humans, like communicating but on a more empathic, abstract level. If a woman can't get over her top 40 playlist hits it clearly says a lot of her personality and her artistic development. You may not think about this initially when you are with someone, but on a longer run you'll understand how important are the artistic affinities with a girl.

My gf is interested both in cinema and music and her tastes are exquisite even if not exactly like mine. I cannot think of being with someone who hasn't some kind of individuality in music or in art in general.

PONCE

literally, only ever see wank like this on Yea Forums

Actually well spoken.

Music is not everything

It's a big turn off but not a dealbreaker per se
Unless they dislike music in general (understandable) i think it indicates something about their general personality being a bit shallow
Could be wrong though

As long as its not country I don't care

You mean you only ever see this kind of "wank" on a place literally known for shitposting as opposed to thoughtful discussion?
Nice debunking what he said btw, dismissing it as wank rather than actually offering a counter argument surely PWNd him

if that's wank to you then you're clearly suffering in the IQ department

I listen to both Pop and Classical (among other genres). What does that make me?

lol, no. I have friends to talk about music, why would I force my girlfriend to develop a music taste as well. If everyone were to date each other based on interests World would be a very lonely place. Just look for great personality, appearance and loyalty in your partner, you honestly don't need anything else if u even manage to find someone with those 3 aspects. Of course it's really nice to find someone with music understanding but its incredibly hard if you consider them for long-term relationship, a lot of people I know who even living off playing music, drawing, acting have very narrow perspective of art. People with developed taste are usually either old or asocial because they devote their time to art.

Why would one animal be attracted to a weak animal? That trait doesn't exist because it would produce weak children who would have died for 99.99% of our existence.

My sister is really into music, esp classical and teaches piano and shit. We're always giving her husband shit about his shit music taste. Only ever listens to music in the car and even then it's all anime openings and shit he's heard in commercials like 100x. Him and I trade lit all the time though so I guess that's more his thing. Some people just don't get passionate about music desu. Probs can't really force it. My dad doesn't listen to music outside of the car either and even then it's rare.

>be at age 20
>break up with a girlfriend of almost two years, cite her love for 21 pilots as a reason
Ah, to be young and reckless again...

Attached: 130510-Kim-Deal-95-2.jpg (620x413, 183K)

>People with developed taste are usually either old or asocial because they devote their time to art.

Bullshit. Artistic people want to mate with other artistic people as well, obviously, they are "asocial" only to people who bore them of course. The same reason normies want to be around other normies like them to feel socially at ease. It's some kind of social relativity.

I've never even thought about what a hypothetical girlfriend of mine might listen to, and I only listen to music privately.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Ongaku Shoujo - 03 [720p].mkv_snapshot_19.03_[2018.08.25_17.36.09].jpg (1280x720, 63K)

>Only ever listens to music in the car and even then it's all anime openings

I'm surprised how he got a wife in the first.

>anime openings
Based & redpilled.

Yea he just got into anime a few years ago but he went hard. Theyre both almost 40 too lmao

Why the fuck would I care what some thot listens to? I’m not a faggot.

>I cannot think of being with someone who hasn't some kind of individuality in music or in art in general.
"I like this piece of music that was created by someone else to appeal to the human brain, I'm so special and unique!!!"
Kill yourself
How the fuck does liking something made by another person make you "individual"? Your individuality comes from what you do, and what you make.

I kinda like them user. Why the fuck would you do that?

I'm a musician myself.

Standing on what you say, reading books doesn't contribute to the development of your persona?
You need to read in order to be a writer, same thing for music, you cannot even think to do something on your own without confronting yourself with art. Every people that I know who are really into music are at least a bit of musicians themselves. Every other people who ignore music or art that I know are just wageslaving or just painfully vague.

Low IQ People can not understand complex music like Radiohead.
>inb4 to be frank

pretty retarded, user. you could do a lot worse then 21 pilots.

Disgusting incels detected.

>Is a woman having generic taste in music a deal breaker for you?

I want to think that it depends on what else she has to "offer", you know? If she is beautiful, smart, caring, loves playing tennis, and loves movies, then I'd probably wouldn't care at all. As long as I feel connected/attracted strong enough to her I don't mind whether she is into music or not. One thing for another. Thing is that most of women I've been with have shared my music taste.

Based

She's gonna leave you if you're a pussy and don't call her out on her shitty taste.

You have to fuck off back to r/eddit.

No. A woman having a dick, on the other hand, is a dealbreaker for me.

Newer generations will have more and more shit taste with time, sadly.

My gf has prettier tastes than me and she's a zoomer.

kekked

your'e imagining his wife as attractive, which is probably not the case

dilated

food is also a basic desire, but does someone not making a hobby of consuming it mean i should break up with them?

> Is a woman having generic taste in music a deal breaker for you?
I couldn't care less unless it's fucking Russian rap.

A woman caring a lot about music and having a favorite band or artist is a deal breaker.

I made a summertime mix cd for a stacy i work with and she really liked the songs from The Avalanches and Cocteau Twins I put in.

>those digits
I would like someone that has a palette deeper than just Ed Sheeran or P!nk or whatever is on the mainstream radio stations. I enjoy a lot of music related things so somebody that can't at least resonate with something like Bjork just can't really work for me.
Someone else is probably the same way with movies. I've seen maybe ten movies my whole life. Or television shows. Same ideas, I suppose.