How does Soundgarden compare to it's contemporaries and to Zepp and Sabbath?

How does Soundgarden compare to it's contemporaries and to Zepp and Sabbath?

Attached: 71lSKlkoJfL._SL1400_.jpg (1374x1400, 251K)

>Contemporaries:
One of the better grunge bands along with Alice in Chains. At least they added something other than grunge to their music and made it more memeorable

>Zepp and Sabbath
If anything they're more comparable to Sabbath than Zepp. They aren't bad at all, but they aren't nearly as influential and classic as the first 4 Sabbath albums. That being said, they're like Tyr-era Sabbath: Not classic, but definitely good and ass-kicking in it's own right.

wat do u think of stoner bands like E-wiz and sleep? how do they compare with sabbath

Soundgarden were one of the best grunge bands, along with Alice in Chains and Screaming Trees.
Soundgarden were actually innovative and somewhat experimental in their music, and their musicianship was top-notch. You can't say that about many 'grunge' bands.
I don't think Soundgarden are comparable to Zep or Sabbath; they were obviously heavily influenced by Sabbath though.

I'm gonna be honest: the only stoner metal bands I've listened to are Boris, Om, the Melvins The Flower Travellin' Band and Kyuss, all of which are pretty kino in their own right. I have no idea about Sleep and E-Wiz

hmm never heard of Flower Travellin' Band for some reason. got any recs? any album i should check out?

Their first album, Challenge!, is literally a collection of covers, but it's pretty damn good.

Kirikyogen, Satori and Make Up constitute the best of their proto-doom/stoner metal albums and are 100% recommended for you to listen to.

Their last album, We Are Here, you should listen to last. Just sort of go along a journey and see how 40 years have changed rambunctious young men into older more wise men pretty much reflecting on their twilight years and the road they traveled during life. Shame it was their last album. It's actually a sweet coda to the short discography of theirs since the main vocalist, Joe Yamanaka, died a year after it was released in 2011 from cancer and the band promptly disbanded. Also, the co-founder of the band, Yuya Uchida, died this year too. Again, it's not like it wasn't expected, but still.

Made in Japan is an alright album. Not really great. Not bad. It feels like filler to me, but I recommend listening to it once to see if you like it or not.

cheers man will check it out

Attached: file.png (651x291, 63K)

Unfunny irrelevant old meme.

Anytime mate.

>down o the upside
>5/10
gay

nirvana > zeppelin > soundgarden > aic > sabbath > pearl jam

this is in reverse order

Down on the Upside is their best album though...

Them, Nirvana and Alice in Chains are in their own league desu, none of the other "grunge" bands come even close.

It's cringe whenever people single out Nirvana as being the worst though, and it's almost always because of the fact that their songwriting was simpler or less experimental, as if that holds any strength as to why something is better.

Imagine being such a contrarian that you go as far as to claim Screaming Trees, Mudhoney, STP, Pearl Jam or even Tad were better

people are entitled to their own opinions and personal taste user. there's nothing wrong with disliking nirvana's music.

Sabbath > AiC > Nirvana > Soundgarden > Pearl Jam > Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin = Soundgarden > Alice in Chains = Black Sabbath > Pearl Jam > Nirvana

>Temple of the dog 6.5/10
>Euphoria Morning 5.5/10
what a bad meme, reeeeee

exactly