Country general

This is fucking great
modern produced gothic country
Now that country is popular what are some good country
>inb4 big iron

Attached: 26869CFA-F3D5-411E-A7F5-C5A61773BD41.jpg (1200x1200, 205K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1rEii4LI88w5JPGjavJBdxIjA7wCVGTo
youtu.be/91MGC7wpkhM
youtube.com/watch?v=nXnZ5eYUv1c
youtube.com/watch?v=KsTXFcGUMqg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm from Nashville so I despise country but I love this Orville Peck album. I get David Lynch vibes. Would definitely be interested in more stuff like this

I was thinking the same thing, i hear a lot of angelo badalamenti

Bump

Attached: DBD4731A-CD11-406C-80C6-E3FC59AAF2FC.gif (300x227, 842K)

Gothic Country

Attached: 5615.jpg (1492x1535, 121K)

zmh is that little texas?

well i took my horse in to the side of his pretty little souped up old town road. carved my name until i cant no moreeeeeeeeeeee

This isn’t regular country music it’s weird postmodern queer roots music by a guy in a cowboy hat. Still pretty cool I guess but how about you start with somethin like Waylon Jennings instead like a normal person

Lol

I guess i just like alt country more i still respect the classics though Bob Wills for instance but i like how forward thinking this album’s production is

I HURT MYSELF TODAY

TO SEE IF I STILL FEEL

it sounds like Marty Robbins crooning with some echoey Joy Division production going on

Exactly

Jimmie Rodgers is the most important name in country music

I guess.
I am a really big fan of the Denver Gothic Country scene and while I like this it just feels like two very obvious influences rather than something that draws from quite a few.

Attached: 46618C9D-3B11-4988-850F-1085BE8EF4E5.jpg (700x700, 112K)

Lmk some of your favorites

>tfw I'll probably be dead before Sturgill drops his next album

that moment when /mu has more stagnate music taste than your average sewer pond so instead take some new material
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1rEii4LI88w5JPGjavJBdxIjA7wCVGTo
link to shawn james the dark and light album ^
youtu.be/91MGC7wpkhM
amigo the devil volume 1 ^

youtube.com/watch?v=nXnZ5eYUv1c

Daughn Gibson - All Hell
One of the most underrated albums of the decade, it was like if James Blake loved Johnny Cash back in the day, still stands out as a unique and very enjoyable listen

I like the old stuff:
youtube.com/watch?v=KsTXFcGUMqg
I've been gathering names from a few country threads this week and I'll probably check them out (sometime). To be frank I wish I found more country funk. I know about the comp and I feel like the song of pic related () come closest to it (even if it's not really country). Really cool sound.

gayest shit ive heard

Wait, is there really good modern country? I’ll check it out, I hope you’re not memeing

There is no good country music.

based

this guy blows, only blew up because he is queer.

he went from unknown to cult hit almost overnight. almost like an industry plant.

some real country here not that homo doing an ironic country throwback

Attached: cover.jpg (1400x1400, 850K)