IDLES

IDLES may quite possibly be the most important band of our generation.

Do you agree?

Attached: IDLES.png (1146x855, 968K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wQ6FjUeQ5Zc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Charles_Kinsey
npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2019/05/08/721228368/halima-aden-is-first-to-wear-a-burkini-in-sports-illustrated-swimsuit-issue
huffingtonpost.ca/amber-rehman/feminism-hijab-canada_b_2808850.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ubFhOPLDaKw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is there a way to post this image on leddit
who among you is brave enough

I would but I'm shadow banned from indieheads

i don't know, i just don't fucking know and i don't fucking care for the love of god, why don't you just get a girlfriend and colonize a fucking island so Trump can be proud of you already adn your friends could upvote it? queer

Attached: 1559839414764.jpg (3568x2960, 3.3M)

>le "XD GUSIC MEME" liberal tranny poster posting spam roll images to divert conversation whenever leftists cringe is brought to light

lol

>shitty thread with no music purpose is okay but ruining it with a chart isn't

cringe

dunno but theyre good

sleaford mods will be apologizing soon.

cap me.

Pretty sure Reddit and Fantano fans (same thing) are the majority of Idles fanbase.

Sleaford Mods‘ frontman Jason Williamson has discussed his dislike for IDLES

>"I thought they were kind of a street band, there were lines like ‘Tarquin’ that would insinuate that they were knocking the middle classes, but it turns out they’re not working class. “That offended me, because I then held the belief that they were appropriating, to a certain degree, a working class voice. Obviously that excelled when the second album came out, and I felt a bit cheated. I also became jaded by this idea that we were a band that was campaigning for social justice, when we’re not, we’re just talking about what’s around us. Music can’t solve political problems. And I think their take on it is cliched, patronising, insulting and mediocre. And that’s why I have a problem with them. I take music seriously, and I’ve come from a place where this music has been created. Without that, we wouldn’t be here. I went through a lot of pain – I understand Idles’ singer has gone through a lot of pain. But I don’t believe their slant on this. I don’t like them at all"

Fat White Family's frontman adds on

>>I'm 100% with Jason Williamson (Sleaford Mods) on that band Idles, the last thing our increasingly puritanical culture needs right now is a bunch of self neutering middle class boobs telling us to be nice to immigrants; you might call that art, I call it sententious pedantry.

Attached: 1562554630425.png (904x1332, 801K)

yeah i don't care about that

Attached: 1552320504994.jpg (1815x1388, 899K)

>Kim Dotcom - Good Times
extremely based

The lyrics are fucking cringe, comes across as a sheltered liberal who's never interacted with people outside of his gentrified community. That being said, I think his wordplay is great, and the music is fucking killer. One of the only bands I can think of where the cringey ass lyrics are overshadowed by the music for me. To be fair, punk music is supposed to piss you off, so it's working on me.

These lyrics are based. I LOVE how they trigger neo-nazi incels

okay faggot if you hate both Idles and reddit so much and think they fanbase is only reddit then why you don't create another account and spam them? Fucking dyslexic autist

msnbc punk

Attached: soyasanactofresistance.png (1100x1100, 485K)

>complaining that a punk act is left wing.

LOLOLOL

Attached: 830149572.jpg (1703x1080, 544K)

Rollin!

Attached: 1562554630425.png (1815x1388, 1.33M)

youtu.be/wQ6FjUeQ5Zc

Coffins are the Undertaker's gimmick. These simps are crinfe.

Fat White Family is the most important band of our generation. Listen to their new album

>Dude if you're not a virtue signaling "liberal" then you're a hardcore conservative! You're either like IDLES or you're a KKK member

lol reddit

>Idealizing the white nuclear family
???
the nuclear family is the most fundamental unit of society in terms of promoting stability and social mobility
what kind of wackjob would you need to be to think this is a bad thing?

There is very valid "lefty" criticism to be had at Islam apologists like Idles.

Johnny Rotten hates Islam as do most actual punk rock musicians, it's amazing how many Democrat voters you're losing by deciding to die on the hill of Islam/Black culture with both represent very anti-socially liberal mindsets

Islam didn't eat your hamster.

Yes, it decapitated it in the name of Allah

The hamster's more likely to be run over by an alt-right conservahick and then set on fire with a tiki torch.

Attached: sfj3.jpg (880x587, 120K)

Word. IDLE is my favorite kpop group.

Attached: IDLE.png (1920x1080, 2.96M)

it's not very punk to do that, is it?

>one (1) uppity fat SJW whale ran up by car
>THOUSANDS of innocent people of all races, genders, religions killed by Islamic terrorists, to an insanely disproportionate degree of any other religion of the last 30 years

huh yeah good logic cuck boy

>HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of innocent people all races, genders, religions killed by the US military industrial complex

ftfy.

Islam tends to be conservative in a way that ironically holds very similar values as right wing americans. And no, I'm not talking about extremist islamists. The average Islamic person is pretty much centre-right on most issues and is pretty likely to vote conservative as long as the candidate isn't a jingoist

Are those real lyrics

I'm calling within 20-30 years after it becomes normialized large blocks of white conservatives are going to start converting to Islam.

Anti semitism will not be tolerated here.

is this what a soi overdose looks like?

no, look at a mirror and discover it by yourself

it'd be nice to see s oyboys, redditors, bankers, programmers, zionists, politicians, ceos, media moguls, pop culture writers, stockbrokers, and weapons manufacturers hang from the gallows

A man can dream

These gook cuties look like they could beat the shit out of idles.

>everyone but people who agree with me is seething in this autistic thread i made

add lobbyists and big pharma to that and i'm down

true, basically just kill any enabler of capitalism

faggot music for fags

faggot statement by a faggot

holy based

and he is right

sleaford mods >>> idles

>so musically vapid you have to resort to the safest buzz politics imaginable to be relevant
why are we discussing this band they suck ass

They are kind of cringe. I feel like they parrot the most woke shit they can. I am a liberal too by the way.

Attached: Idles.png (990x701, 525K)

>I am a liberal

Nah, you're a incel loser that doesn't stand up for his morals when things get the least bit unpleasant.

Roll

Attached: 4120D342-3C8D-4EAA-9159-5D39243F7E4F.jpg (400x262, 39K)

brutalism is a fun, energetic, and personable album with low effort commentary and a crap cover

joy is a boring album with low effort commentary and a fantastic cover

Probably bait, but how do you even know what are my morals, moron? Just because i don't go full retard with all of what the woke crowd says, doesnt mean that i cant still be a liberal.

r/EnlightenedCentrism

What does the “r/“ in front of that mean?

The best part was she didn’t even get hit by the car she just had a heart attack after it crashed

Really Cute Boys Club

IDLERS are the Sam Hyde of reddit

conformist upper-mid social democrats from the united states and western europe are extremely punk actually

The buddhists would like a word with you
>10k rohingya Muslims dead, 750k displaced
Or what about the time the Muslims and Christians were attacked for 30 years by Buddhists?
Or what about the time the United States invaded Iraq and were responsible for 460,000 civilian casualties?
Or what about the time the Chinese were so anti-religious they rounded up the Falun Gong and Muslims and re-educated them/harvested their organs?
You don't read enough to have a very strong opinion on anything you retard

I feel the same way. It's like all of the acclaim joy got was the overdue praise for brutalism.

What makes them conformist tho? Trans people are banned from the military, people of colour are routinely shot by the police, you're not allowed to say "happy holidays" anymore without getting an AR-15 pointed at you. Opposing concentration camps in 2019 is as conformist as supporting the underground railroad in 1800.

Me at the front on the right
But it did execute it for being an apostate

>But it did execute it for being an apostate

I was openly an atheist in my muslim home country. I'm still alive, boi.

>Ian Anderson
No problems here

latino black and mixed race people you guys -Lil B

Based. Also there are hundreds of thousands more people shot by police who aren’t black than are, but the black incidents are highly politicized and more in line with their crime rates. Fuck happy holidays ducks and the wall would entirely fix the “concentration camp” issue created by Obama but politicized under trump

>Trans people are banned from the military
With good reasons. They are mentally unstable and just want free conversion therapy.
>people of colour are routinely shot by the police
You must admit that their ghetto "fuck the police" mentality and not following simple police orders are a big part of the problem.
>you're not allowed to say "happy holidays" anymore without getting an AR-15 pointed at you.
Lie
>Opposing concentration camps in 2019 is as conformist as supporting the underground railroad in 1800.
You can avoid those "concentration camps" just by walking in another direction

>tfw my massive, natty gyno-tits [male] are the envy of all my transgender friends

music for this feel?

Attached: brothershyde - Copy.jpg (1000x500, 185K)

>the “concentration camp” issue created by Obama but politicized under trump

People weren't dying under Obama at nearly the same rate as they are under Trump. You wanna call yourself a developed country, then you need to uphold human rights.

>They are mentally unstable

Less mentally unstable than the people that believe in a magic sky fairy.

>You must admit that their ghetto "fuck the police" mentality and not following simple police orders are a big part of the problem.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Charles_Kinsey

what did this guy do to deserve being shot?

>Lie

Truth, actually. The same crowd are totally in support of free speech until a black footballer decides to kneel.

>You can avoid those "concentration camps" just by walking in another direction

The US destabilized several countries in south america. The chickens are just coming home to roost. Why do you think American tourists pretend to be Canadian whenever they're abroad?

Fairly Large Uncut Penis (Fred Falke Remix)

Strange that the amount of people trying to enter the country illegally skyrocketed under mr Mexican hating racist Cheeto.

OI FANCY SOME FOOTY CUNT

>One of the only bands I can think of where the cringey ass lyrics are overshadowed by the music
This is a good description

Religion is bad, immigration is ok. Why do so many lefties fall out their asses apologizing for Islam when they would never apologize for a white religion? Religion is the problem, not race or any of that bullshit

>Islam tends to be conservative in a way that ironically holds very similar values as right wing americans
How is religious people being like other religious people ironic?

Because the left loves Islam for some reason

Ant they dont have a problem with Sharia Law either. First world woke liberals are so fucking stupid.

It is super fun to see liberals wrestling with whether hijabs are empowering for women

The mass migration was a result of their countries' govts being destabilized by the US. Dunno what point you were trying to make here.

They absolutely have issues with some practices of Shariah, but believe that muslims should be allowed to live their lives as they please if they're not interfering with the lives of others.

source: Am a lefty ex-muslim.

At the end of the day, the govt should not be telling women what they can or can't wear. Strawman DENIED.

>At the end of the day, the govt should not be telling women what they can or can't wear
No, but society should never abide by and definitely not fucking celebrate misogynistic superstitions and traditions just because this one happens to come from a non-white society. I 100% agree its not the government's role to get involved here but this is exactly where lefty bloggers/media and twitter fail us

You proved it. Part of the reason the border crisis is so bad is because the government is fucking over all these people and sending them up here just to make trump look bad. Some people are shipping them in from the Congo even, and plenty of shady characters had their hands in financing the migrant caravans. The border crisis is absolutely a manufactured crisis, by anti trump factions in government. The people stuck in those camps don’t know that and don’t deserve to suffer because of it, but at the current moment it’s the Democrats in Congress who refuse to bend the knee to anything but open borders so nothing gets done, and they are just as culpable, if not more so than trump for their suffering.

>not fucking celebrate misogynistic superstitions

How is allowing people the freedom to wear whatever they please "celebrating" superstitions? My mom wears a hijab even though myself and my dad dislike it. Are you gonna tell me we're subconsciously forcing her to wear it?

Not really. As a mexican i can tell you that central american migrants are some of the worst behaved people i have seen. Most of them are fitlhy, ungrateful and corrupt as shit (even more than us). Mexicans received them with arms open but they behaviour was kind of a redpill. Sure, the US made things a bit worse, but those countries are shitholes for other cultural reasons too.

>because the government is fucking over all these people and sending them up here just to make trump look bad.

More like,

US govt destablizes south american govts ---> those countries become near inhabitable ---> south americans decide to move to more developed countries to provide their offspring with better futures ---> chickenshit incels start whining.

>i can tell you that americans are some of the worst behaved people i have seen. Most of them are fitlhy, ungrateful and corrupt as shit

ftfy

You are a cuck

I'm your dad's bull

DONT LISTEN TO IDLES
LISTEN TO LOAFCORE/NORTH AMERICAN INDIE RAWK
FOR THE MOST PART SJW FREE

Attached: NORTH AMERICAN INDIE ROCK 01.png (3726x2800, 3.09M)

>How is allowing people the freedom to wear whatever they please "celebrating" superstitions
Again, people should 100% be "allowed" to wear whatever by the government, but superstitions should also not be given a free pass by non-governmental commentators of any sort just because the culture they come from is exotic and non-white.
Its bullshit like this:
npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2019/05/08/721228368/halima-aden-is-first-to-wear-a-burkini-in-sports-illustrated-swimsuit-issue
huffingtonpost.ca/amber-rehman/feminism-hijab-canada_b_2808850.html
Media painting harmful misogynistic superstitions as empowering for some crazy ass fear of saying anything not completely positive about non-white people

you are a liiiiiiiiiibbbbbbbtard

it's super annoying that there is a big conversation about Islam at all. if people are so interested in Muslims maybe they should actually meet some or just shut up about it. It's either a way to virtue signal or people being xenophobic and nobody knows what they're talking about because the conversation is just left vs right with a patsy

The us wants the migrants dipshit. At least large swaths of government do. Because it gets them more MONEY and more VOTES. Use your noggin retard

>Are you gonna tell me we're subconsciously forcing her to wear it?
Um, what? No? Its not you, its the shitty superstitions her parent's generation taught her

SAVE YOUR ROCK N ROLL SOUL
NORTH AMERICAN INDIE ROCK IS WHERE ITS AT
NOT BRITBONG CRINGECORE

Attached: NORTH AMERICAN INDIE ROCK 2.png (4122x2800, 3.03M)

Based Williamson, both bands are 1000x better than Idles

>Long live the European Union
Quite literally the least punk thing one could say

Attached: drax2.jpg (634x600, 171K)

just had gay sex with a tinder twink

There is no fucking way that latin American governments would be more stable without the US's influence. The US has put a lot of fucking money into propping up and supporting stability in the region, it often isn't enough but its absolutely insane to blame the US for troubles there

ANTI-S0I-CORE N 2 CHARTS

Fuck that was my first time hearing this act as far as I know and it sounds like a shitty cover band for the clash or something. Idk anymore.

I don't understand. They come out with Brutalism, a great album, and it gets some attention everywhere while it's rarely posted on Yea Forums. Then Joy comes out, which is worse in every single way, and everywhere creams themselves over it while Yea Forums has daily hate threads over them now. It makes no sense

This but unironically.
Based

Probably because all else aside other people liking it makes Yea Forums not like it

She died from blunt force trauma according to the medical examiner, I'm afraid you fell for a conspiracy

idles are gay as fuck

DONT MISS OUT ON ACTUALLY GOOD ROCK, EXPERIMENTAL ROCK, ART PUNK, INDIE ROCK, LO-FI ROCK, ETC
IDLES ARE THE NADIR OF WESTERN MUSIC

>Um, what? No? Its not you, its the shitty superstitions her parent's generation taught her

My maternal grandmother hates it too. Now what?

holy shit these lyrics can't be real

>Media painting harmful misogynistic superstitions

There's nothing harmful if they're wearing it by choice. The examples you posted even show people wearing it by choice.

utter shite
liam g would wipe the floor with these cunts

Illegals can't vote tho.

>islam didn't kill your hamster
>harry potter and queen references
>this snowflake is an avalanche

absolute meme band, reddit the band

muslims were constantly voting for republicans before 9/11 in usa

I thought this was a joke band

This is corny as hell bro
White people cant do shit

Seriously this shit doesnt make you look cool it just makes you sound like some college dweeb trying to hard to kiss up to working classes and the oppressed while living in your white gated community and going to your 100% white PBR Indie fests in your gentrified neighborhood.

i love their song "i suck off refugees in tesco washrooms"

Your'e either a LOAFPoster or an IDLESincel

Make the right choice

its the culture, not an individual. The whole fucking problem with religion is the societal pressure to believe bullshit. I feel you are really missing the point

*repetitive low bassline and guitar lick*

TODAY I SAW SOMEONE
TODAY I SAW SOMEONE
HE DID NOT LOOK LIKE ME
BUT HE WAS JUST LIKE ME
MUHAMMAD WALKED THE STREET
AND JUST LIKE ME
HE COULD SEE

ENGLAND DID NOT LIKE HIM
ENGLAND DOES NOT LIKE THAT

WELLLLLLLLLLLLL
I'LL MASH THE FUCKING FACE IN
OF ANYONE WHOS RACIST
ILL TAKE EM BY THE TROUSERS
AND MESS EM UP FOR HOURS
ISLAM IS NOT EVIL
YOUR MOTIVES ARE SEE THROUGH

OPEN UP!
OPEN UP!
OPEN UP!
THE BOOOOOOOOOOOOOARDERS
OPEN UP!
OPEN UP!
OPEN UP!
THE BOOOOOOOOOOOOOARDERS

>There's nothing harmful if they're wearing it by choice
The fact that they have been conditioned to make that choice is the problem.

Women stick with men that beat them all the fucking time, this is still a problem even if they willingly do it because they have been put in a position where they think this is their best option

>this is the best you could cherrypick of them
imagine getting triggered by those lyrics lmao

talk shit about my idles babies one more time and yr really gonna get it bster >:-O

scarily accurate

very based

THIS

I find their love of collecting Nazi memorabilia somewhat disturbing

i have to admit it's pretty punk to see all you redneck racists and wannabe nazis triggered by a simple message of loving thy neighbor, the christian thing to do i might add.

brb downloading Sleaford Mods

[spoiler]rec's starting album?[/spoiler]

>People weren't dying under Obama at nearly the same rate as they are under Trump. You wanna call yourself a developed country, then you need to uphold human rights.

Come here legally or you're getting caged and sent back, I don't care

>Less mentally unstable than the people that believe in a magic sky fairy.

Why do 40% attempt suicide then?

>what did this guy do to deserve being shot?

One exception is irrelevant. Black culture is dogshit and glamorizes violence and disobeying police. They reap what they sow

>Truth, actually. The same crowd are totally in support of free speech until a black footballer decides to kneel.

He's got the freedom to take a knee and I have the freedom to call him a piece of shit for doing so

>The chickens are just coming home to roost.

And if they're not legal they're getting rounded up and shipped back

They really need to move out of the spotlight and make way for a PoC punk band. These are the most oppressed and valid voices right now and they are desperate to be heard. We need to promote more representation of minorities in the indie rock, alternative, and punk genres. Every one of these bands is all white dudes trying to act like they're "woke" and hip just so they can get laid. We don't need this outdated shit stuck in 20th century "rockstar" 4-5 white guys with a guitar drum bass template. Fuck that, let's hear from the real downtrodden, the Muslim and Mexican and Black.

wait, do people consider the middle class to be bad? I always thought working class was just the lower division of middle class. My family's working class, and we live in a working class/middle class town. Nobody here is the bad guy

Austerity Dogs

youtube.com/watch?v=ubFhOPLDaKw

yeah subjecting downtrodden foreigners to racism and extreme poverty is just the neighborly thing to do and especially when you want to exploit them for cheap labor and votes
ralph wiggum voice i'm the nazis

divide and exit. when it came out i loved it sm its a shame they dont get more recognition

fuck republicans, neocons, christcucks, and capitalists

sleaford mods are pretty good
better than that bullshit in the op

holy fucking based

they even teach that this is wrong in american gradeschool, just let that sink in for a moment

Those are some easy targets

I didn’t like this band but know I’m gonna shitpost about them because they quite literally trigger all the fags around here

fuck you too

this but also neolibs and fascists

because they hate each other in spite of mostly shared values? do you not understand what irony means retards?

Based

If your political opinion agrees with any of the following, you need to go back

>in favor of abortion up to birth
>wants to ban guns
>in favor of socialized healthcare
>favorable view of illegal aliens
>not in favor of capitalism
>on the other hand, thinks that capitalism should be present every fucking where (schools, prisons, etc.)
>is OK with taking in refugees
>in favor of tariffs
>thinks global warming is going to kill us in 10 years
>on the other hand, thinks global warming is a myth and we should do nothing about it
>in favor of more wars

let me know if I missed anything

change my mind, abortion should be legal until the age of majority

I kinda like those two lines. Very well said.

Attached: CBB03F16-9FB9-4714-A041-23644C7B2F97.jpg (557x120, 100K)

>the only downtrodden he can name is people of dark skin
Only slightly racist

*those last two lines

I'm more worried they'll accuse we of rape when I never even touched them

Damn loook at all this centrism. You must get laid a lot!

you could have at least waited until a new thread to start

baby murder is not OK faggot
>not being a nazi/stalinist means you're centrist

retard

I get it more than the Nazis or the Reds I can say that much :)

I honestly can't understand how anyone could think of this band as cool. It's beyond me.

downtrodden muslims, blacks, and mexicans don't make punk, punk is white people music, especially since the 90s.
it should be, overpopulation will kill us all

if we're worried about overpopulation, we should start with murderous scum like you

False rape accusations are extremely rare and you don’t come close to that many females anyway so you’re even less likely to get fucked by a desperate whore

except fat white family is shit

You seem upset sweetheart

Attached: Untitled.png (859x769, 67K)

I always found them extremely cringey and really don't understand the appeal

actually, you're right, what we really need to deal with this is another bubonic plague. or maybe you would prefer bombing all the browns, thing of how much money papa raytheon would make

Cope

Kek

I literally can't think of a more indieheads Reddit band than IDLES

AFHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

>their best lyric isn't even by them
>Why do 40% attempt suicide then?
It's well documented that it's proportional to discrimination, mainly by family members. The US is running in contradiction to it's meritocratic values by saying a group of people cannot join and will be removed from it's military.

Attached: atwood.png (1280x1081, 1.86M)

rolling on these basedboys

btfo

range rover tax bracket and above = le the bad guys

rolling

>jeff epstein rape gang
>ashke-nazi nepotism
>wasp nepotism
>gerrymandering
>zoning laws
>public education system
>maniac cops
>wage stagnation
>growing surplus population
>MeRitOcRaTic vALuEs thO whAt AbOUt uS
>i WanT tO BE ePiC GirLs & pAnzER
okay dude

Not saying that they're upstanding in that regard, I'll just happily add Trans rights to that list, maybe remove a few others on lack on knowledge on my part.

That's not the reason you don't touch women, my guy

>IDLES
Yet another band I'll never listen to because Yea Forums told me they're soi.

You're right, it's because I don't have hands.

These people arent living lavishly. They bust their ass, eat frozen meals for dinner, drive vehicles 10+ years old, and rarely ever go on vacations. Hard to call these people the bad guys, but hey, that’s just me

This band sucks

Get em LOAF lads

i'm talking upper-mid
HOA people
you know

>Capitalism didn't eat your hamster
Does this sound ok?

N-no!

Attached: 1503924005795.png (675x808, 30K)

>implying any of this is bad

still cringe

>what society enforces as a norm provides stability for people that conform to the norm
>people that exist outside the norm are left without support and will suffer because of it
You're missing the WHY, which is typical, but in every society you are rewarded for adopting to the norm and punished for stepping outside it. The nuclear family is a recent construction that in no way aligns with human nature. The fact that divorce is so prevalent and increasingly so is not a sign of societies decline but of the failure of the rigid institution of the nuclear family to adequately provide for human needs.
There is no evolutionary or historical precedent for it. There is literally no moral claim to be made for it.

>nuclear family is a recent construction
How about no

>three beat happening albums
absolutely based

based retard

>the age of tinder is truer to human nature than previous phases of industrial society such as the 1950s or 1850s, and much truer than the 1750s, when everyone was plastic and fake as fuck

cuy tastes good and you should try it

I don't know about human nature but the idea of living together with 2-3 other generations of people who are some kind of "family" makes me shudder. I wonder how people were tolerating each other 200 years ago. Probably they were always tired because of work.

Attached: 1448261193571.jpg (450x600, 43K)

unfathomably holden caulfield voice the phonies donald what about all these phonies and their does big air quotes with his fingers SMART phones falls down stairwell applause break title card

Islam indeed did not eat my hamster, but will purge the west of secular degeneracy.

Attached: Rene-guenon-1925.jpg (346x350, 31K)

You're definitely right user. The nuclear family was partially a construction resulting from the fact that people suddenly had the financial means to live separate from their extended family. Currently that's becoming less and less the case, with millennials living with their parents until their late 30s, which helps to explain why the nuclear family is dying out as well. People are forced into this kind of extended youth phase not because they want to be, but out of necessity.

>the nuclear family is a recent construction
if you consider the advent of abrahamic religion as being recent than sure.

This is the most embarrassing collection of words I've ever seen. I can barely believe that a grown adult wrote this.

The sad thing is that despite their cringeworthy lyrics Idles are still the best rock band from the UK right now

no m8

based guenonposter

LOL = LOVE OUR LOAF!

perfect npc post

IDLES are literally just Kaiser Chiefs with "socially conscious" lyrics

Attached: post punk.jpg (1796x1356, 583K)

This is satire, right?

all of these bands are frauds tho. they're no better than a farage. more honest perhaps, but that at their core it's the same base populist appeal.

muh 99%. fuck the 99%. all they've ever done is make things worse for everyone. where's my plutopunk.

Way more similar to Art Brut, both havily rely on one-liners.

You mean mclusky or Future of the Left

OH GREAT ANOTHER /POL/TARD HAS INVADED Yea Forums WHEN WILL GOOK MOOT GET RID OF /POL/ AND IT'S CANCER FLOWING THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE OF Yea Forums. CAN'T GO A SINGLE DAY WITHOUT BOARDING AT LEAST ONE BOARD WITHOUT SOME FAGGOTY /POL/ FAG ALWAYS BRING ABOUT RACE AND POLITICS JESUS.

KEEP CALM AND SUBMIT TO /POL/

Between this and calling people chuds, how does the modern left manage to be so cool and relatable to the youngsters today?

Attached: jhx4l5h847931.jpg (640x798, 54K)

I made was trash

>tfw modern punk is creepy old men parroting government policy to kids

I'm glad the internet is finally giving me reasons to avoid it

Rolan

great more underage t_d blowover zoomers that think they understand politics despite being 16

shame are better, but they're much less retarded about having left wing views, and they're smart enough to learn the truth about these things

this image is old. Their lyrics aren't triggering, just very, very disappointing that this is the state of >punkrock
you'd expect these people to at least do some reseach before being so passionate about toxic masculintiy kek

Great tunes brah!
What the fuck happened to "rock" music in the last decade?

g

I highly doubt that the people who make these threads care about punk music in the slightest, at least it's barely mentioned. It's not really about the corniness either, rather about the (not even that controversial) politics of the band. I don't think you can call it anything other than being triggered.

so Sleaford Mods are the Pulp/Suede to Idles' Blur?

Based
can't stand how US-centric the perspective of this board is, history doesn't begin and end with you greedy yankee fucks

Good point

Listening to the new sleaford mods now. Its actually v good

Based

Only reason to get kids for me is to become a LOAF-boomer and talk about how music was better "in my day" and blast 90s rock in my garage on the weekends

Attached: 1552512305570.png (960x621, 342K)

Based Morrissey poster

>Epstein Resorts, inc

What the fuck are you talking about?

Someone literally just post pictures of Idles along with their lyrics

The band ITSELF is political therefore discussion about them will be as well you retard

>cherrypicking
>literally posting main lyrics from their three most popular songs

lol

Defending ISLAM and Harry Potter references?

Yeah, I think this is the most important band of are time

Based take

Based

1. Protecting marginalized groups from a permeating radical right wing
2. Spreading love through great music and unity.
3. Most important - pissing you fuckos off

They're only doing one of those things

>. One of the only bands I can think of where the cringey ass lyrics are overshadowed by the musi

The opposite

The lyrics literally ruin this band and I listen to tons of lefty bands

>punk music is supposed to piss you off, so it's working on me

Punk music that would actually piss off lefties would be banned/blacklisted. There's nothing punk about repeating MSNBC/CNN talking points

>90s indie rock wasn’t cringingly left wing as absolute fuck

Attached: TURTLENS.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

Punk sunks

>There's nothing punk about repeating MSNBC/CNN talking points
Absolutely based

pretty based desu

GO LOAF

How many optimists does it take to change a lightbulb?
None! Their butler changes the lightbulb

BRAVE

This is an American website you insecure twat

Relatability, you say?

Attached: 7041638409.png (944x4013, 660K)

their music is embarassing. Liberals will never make good political punk.
>i dont care what you think, anarchy!
>also neoliberal institutions are good, please allow me to lick the boot of woke corporations!

see

you have to go back

i'm a socialist lmao

see

To be fair, you have to have a very deep appreciation of classical music to understand senorita.

who said I was a Dem? Your average redneck would try to shoot me on sight for not being a white christian.

The melanin is here to stay. Bend over.

epic burger pretending like he doesn't know what a social democrat is

based

It's about a. Ery popular bands shitty lyrics, debating whether the band is good or not. If you're triggered get off Yea Forums lol, why are you here.

Ah yeah, that totally happens...

dem socialist > social democrat

You pissed me off, great. You happy? I mounted my pull up bar in the highest doorway in my apartment. After seeing how much clout your band has gotten I’ve realized there’s no hope. I’m tying the noose and I’m ready to climb up and kick the stool away. My mom and 2 sisters’ lives will forever be changed, and my girlfriend will never forget seeing my lifeless body swinging from the rope when she gets home from work. You won. I hope you’re happy.

Attached: 1553912169991.gif (200x224, 973K)

I really hope thats not the case friend, here if you need.

Well what’s the point? At the worst I’m an evil nazi, at my best I’m a mayo ass white boy in the eyes of you people who now hold all the cultural power. Am I not just doing you a favor by wiping another evil shitstain off of the earth?

consider alternate states of being alive, my friend.

>if you're not a far left liberal, you're a far right conservative

wow really makes me think

Who are the mount rushmore of our generation?

IDLES
KENDRICK LAMAR
CUPCAKE
BEYONCE

imo

name some good conservative political punk cunt. oh it doesn't exist

rollin

based

IDLES are a good band. the lyrics out of context can be cringe at times but for the most part they work within the context of the song

Conservative people actually have to work so they don't write shitty music

What does that have to do with the altright?

>you're not allowed to say "happy holidays" anymore without getting an AR-15 pointed at you

Attached: 1555911334392.jpg (900x900, 143K)

The military will kick you out immediately if you have a peanut allergy. How could they responsibly allow a group with a 40% suicide rate and poorer overall health/higher medical upkeep costs to join.

oh no. the poor children

Attached: carl.jpg (720x480, 27K)

>anarchy is so far right it's leftwing guis

>implying cringe boomers could somehow be worse than soibois

No you're not. My best friends are right libertarians and I'm more left leaning and liberal libertarian. We argue it doesn't mean we can't be friends. if you ever meet someone you're actively being friendly with who ostracizes you for your views (unless you're antagonistic literal Nazi) they're just unfriendly people. Views don't make you an asshole. I know the offing yourself is a meme but don't feel glum, Yea Forums doesn't extrapolate to irl

this

They are, as evidenced by

Exactly, you can't get more anti-art than that

his lyrics are so shit, if you're gonna do political music it shouldn't sound like you're reading tweets from woke twitter. they are very easy to hate because of this, as well as the fact that his delivery changes very little on most of the songs, makes it feel like he's just soapboxing