Jazz just clicked for me

in a big way.

Has albini ever been more wrong about anything?

Attached: Steve_Albini-wikimedia.jpg (1000x633, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EqbfDNT1
youtube.com/watch?v=ha4mgxN_E5w
youtube.com/watch?v=EqbfDNT1yes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times.

he has, in the studio. a real worthless hack if there's ever been one. the rick rubin of indie trash

I bet you're eating a big mac right now you sick fuck

That's cool user. I love jazz too and don't mind Albini being wrong on it. He makes up for it with his taste in punk.

Do you have to agree with an artist's opinions in order to enjoy their music

I don't even like albini or anything hes done I just think its embarrassing he has so many big opinions like that

he also said something stupid about shoegaze though

lol whatd he say

and hiphop and electronic music , hes pretty much old man yells at a cloud

>Has albini ever been more wrong about anything?

Attached: 920x920.jpg (920x713, 57K)

Sounds to me like he’s right about everything except jazz.

I think he might just like making people angry

I can't find it o easily it was something something "its not true noise rock because underneath all the noise its just pop music" whic his pretty dumb coming from a life long ramones fan... and also I swear to god, same quote something along the lines of "theyre always female fronted because they need something to look at"

>Kind of Blue is literally the best selling jazz record of all time

yes i had a big mac, fries, and a coke one day for lunch and some roast beef, fresh bread and cheese the next day and not only did i enjoy the mcdonalds far more it also cost me less

>thinking Kind of Blue is by any of these two
holy shit
the summer

The aim of jazz is the mechanical reproduction of a regressive moment, a castration symbolism. 'Give up your masculinity, let yourself be castrated,' the eunuchlike sound of the jazz band both mocks and proclaims, 'and you will be rewarded, accepted into a fraternity which shares the mystery of impotence with you, a mystery revealed at the moment of the initiation rite.

you did it wrong.

also, helps to be in france where things taste good.

>Give up your masculinity
what if you're a gril

this could be said of punk music, I suppose.

it is in fact the general criticism of all art which does not lead directly into positive change in the world. I guess this is why Idles is so important, in addition to being good.

based adorno

not him, but coltrane plays on Kind of Blue

In general they are intoxicated by the fame of mass culture, a fame which the latter knows how to manipulate; they could just as well get together in clubs for worshipping film stars or for collecting autographs. What is important to them is the sense of belonging as such, identification, without paying particular attention to its content. As girls, they have trained themselves to faint upon hearing the voice of a 'crooner'. Their applause, cued in by a light-signal, is transmitted directly on the popular radio programmes they are permitted to attend. They call themselves 'jitter-bugs', bugs which carry out reflex movements, performers of their own ecstasy. Merely to be carried away by anything at all, to have something of their own, compensates for their impoverished and barren existence. The gesture of adolescence, which raves for this or that on one day with the ever-present possibility of damning it as idiocy on the next, is now socialized.

have your (You)

but what about the castration

It clicked due to your growing complacency because Jazz is the ultimate false liquidation of Utopia in art form. instead of becoming a part of reality, it deviously maneuvers technical aspects to give the illusion of freedom. its allegedly "rule-breaking" technical feats like the introduction of syncopation, the solo break, and the like, all act in the dictatorship of cliches and confinement to the 16 bar common time signature. one cannot help but to baulk at the notion that the "freestyle" element of jazz is riddled with anything more than triteness and slavery to the illusion of freedom. in a same fashion, one cannot help but to note how the Jazz timbre was characterized by the vibrato, whereas all other forms of instrumental timbre, such as slaptonguing, growling and other vocalization techniques, were simply dismissed as decadent showmanship, in the name of popular music. to wit: Jazz will be forever trapped in the dichotomy between the ridged and excess, and for that reason the presentation will remain mechanical and soulless, even to this day.

Even then, A Love Supreme is one of the best selling jazz records of all time, and Duke Ellington is incredibly popular.

>'introduction of syncopation'

lol nice try. syncopation is genetic in the form, dumb cunts

big macs just clicked for me in a big way

>"Toast is bread made delicious and useful. Un-toasted bread is okay for children's sandwiches and sopping up barbecue sauce, but for pretty much all other uses, toast is better than bread. An exception is when the bread is fresh from the oven, piping hot, with butter melting all over it. Then it's fantastic, but I would argue that bread fresh out of the oven is a kind of toast. Because I'm an asshole and I refuse to be wrong about something."

Who was in the wrong here?

WTF now I hate bread

I mean, I think I have eaten bread once
maybe twice
now I hate bread

are you lying about being in france then

>Has albini ever been more wrong about anything?
no
his jazz comments are inane

>greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane
nah because its charlie parker
lets be real now
youtube.com/watch?v=EqbfDNT1
youtube.com/watch?v=ha4mgxN_E5w

Attached: charlie parker1.jpg (724x966, 151K)

first link is bad and dumb my bad
youtube.com/watch?v=EqbfDNT1yes

>all act in the dictatorship of cliches and confinement to the 16 bar common time signature
but what about dolphy, and thelonious monk, and herbie hancock, and arthur jones?

albini is wrong about most things but he is usually right about a few subjects like recording, poker, baseball, and cooking

What album made it click for you? I want jazz to click for me, too :(

Please tell me OP don't leave me hanging

not OP but it was giant steps and the collection by art tatum
second is just a compilation i found on spotify

For me it was conspiracy by jeanne lee and atlantis by sun ra

can anyone rec me some intro albums for the following?
Herbie Hancock
Dizzy Gillespie
Louis Armstrong
Nina Simone
Ella Fitzgerald

Probably not. He's so busy scoping out the best deli meat prices that he never took the time to notice the surveys on the back of McDonald's coupons that allow you to get 2 BigMacs for the price of one every visit. Not to mention a large coke is now only ONE dollar!? Roast beef fags eternally BTFO

the album Moanin' by Art Blakey is impossible to dislike

for dizzy

Afro
Bird and Diz
Musical Safari
Jazz at Massey Hall (if you can find a HQ copy)

oh and Dizzy on the French Riviera

Attached: 1507012007883.png (205x246, 5K)

based
nice digits as well