/jazz/

I'm off to an NA meeting soon but I wanted to get a new jazz thread started for when I get back. I listened to pic related today after hearing it a few times a long time ago and this time I really got into it. The piano playing is just so refreshing and the horns and everything fit together so nice. I might even listen to it again when I get back. What are your favorite jazz albums? Two of my favorites are The Magic of JuJu and Sextant.

Attached: Cecil_Taylor-Unit_Structures_(album_cover).jpg (200x200, 13K)

I listened to this recently
I thought it'd be more out there, but I still liked it a lot

Attached: Ask-The-Ages.jpg (483x476, 56K)

I know what you mean. I need to listen to that more, I never seem to be paying enough attention. I really like Black Women and his stuff in Last Exit. Also his album Paradise is really cool.

>What are your favorite jazz albums

Attached: topsters2 (1).png (945x945, 907K)

Im gonna have to check out those Sam Rivers and Cecil Taylor albums since Ive been enjoying Unit Structures and Crystals. Thanks for posting.

Attached: Live In Vilnius.jpg (567x562, 95K)

Ok just arrived at NA, here a my last bump till I get home

Bump

ha ha I made it just in time. Anyway to start I'm listening to Unit Structures again

listening to this now

Attached: 220px-MilesDavis_MilesInTokyo1960s.jpg (220x220, 5K)

its gonna be complete science fiction and giant steps for me

>complete science fiction
I have this but haven't heard it properly yet. might check it out soon

Science Fiction is great, found a double LP at a thrift store with one side being Science Fiction and the other side being Skies of America. I think it was a mispress, not sure if worth anything. But great albums, especially the complete sci-fi.

what does the /jazz/ hivemind think of KoB?

Kind of Blue? I like it. I have fond memories of stealing my brother's CD of it when I was younger and later being brought that same CD when I was confined in a mental hospital where it helped calm me down and cheer up. It's sort of a shame that it's the only Miles Davis album the general public is usually made aware of. I don't have very educated things to say about it. I like so what cause of how the horns say 'so what'.

Not my favorite, but helped break a new style of Jazz into the scene while it was slowly on the decline in the 50s/60s.

I wish I could find a download of that Taylor / Dixon duets recording already fuck

Try Black Women

Attached: K3EqEtr.jpg (3710x2086, 678K)

would he punch me to death?

What do you guys think of Brandon Seabrook?