Avey Tare - What's In My Bag?

youtu.be/hYjoz0SSjOg

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1q9j7vzv5Bg
youtu.be/LACbVhgtx9I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

literally who?

who

nice

Member of animal collective

If only his good taste translated to good music...

What a soiboi

Admitted to pirating music... what a fucking scumbag

im so glad Yea Forums is over sucking off animal collective.

worst band they've worshipped at some point in this board.

Pretty much exactly what you'd expect.

Every white indie rock guy on these:
>I love world music and jazz alot look at this shit I'm so fucking deep into this breh. You ain't never heard of this nigerian folk singer dude

>audio train recordings

NO MORE RUNNIN SAYS MY MIND
ALL THIS MOVEMENT HAS PROVED
IS YOUR KISS IS HARD TO FIND

Attached: 2384293082930.png (229x220, 8K)

Not a fan of either....but I think Neutral milk hotel is worse than animal collective

Yeah Centipede Hz killed it. Like the cold realisation you get when you wake up next to a face saying 'good morning' and its like an out of date packet of billy bear ham staring back at you and suddenly everything you said came back to you and you make your excuses and sit at a mcdonalds and the burger tastes stale and disgusting and they suddenly send you a text and you just think of their horrible face and disgusting room

>death grips
>NMH
>grimes
>any rapper that’s been shilled here

a quick look at the catalog disproves this

I will never understand the laughable hatred for Animal Collective and it's members on this board
maybe I'm just an oldfag but they always seemed like nice, if not slightly autistic guys who didn't really do anyone any harm

most people who post on this board weren't born when mpp came out why are you surprised

some pretty cool picks, also
>yeah I pirate music but buy vinyl
based

>you can't judge someone's music if they are nice and they mean no harm
lol

there are way more newfags on this board than there's ever been in Yea Forums history. this translates to more retarded soulless zoomers

>why are you surprised
It's just that I'd understand that if they were constantly in the press bitching and running their mouths or something but they never did that either
they fit their time period perfectly and acted as musicians should act, constantly trying to do something different with admittedly mixed results, I don't see what's so horrendous about it

lmao people take it way further than that when it comes to animal collective

this is now a deak hate thread

Attached: WXP8s9A.png (500x534, 459K)

Why do people like to assume the band is dead when COWS was GOAT and PW was their best album?

zoomers hate all p4kcore from the last decade that isn't rap and shitting on anco is an easy way for them to get upvotes

You just outed yourself as a pleb. Most of records he brought are known in their genres.

as badly regarded as they are now on this board (not to say that Yea Forums is a good indicator of taste) I'm fairly sure that looking back, time will treat anco pretty well, I honestly can't say that anything they've released is outdated yet, in a time where much of the output of the indie bands at the time is definitely outdated by now.
I think they did a pretty good job of inheriting a genre I'm fairly sure they didn't even intend to inherit in the first place.

>Deakin looks like a drowned rat

MPP listenalongs were some of the best times I've had on this board. When the fuck was the last time an album was universally loved here and there was legitimate discussion about it, someyimes for weeks? Fuck I'm getting old.

The Animal Collective was pared down to a trio now after the departure of Josh "Deakin" Dibb.Merriweather Post Pavilion(Domino, 2009) continued the trend towards a more conventional (and guitar-less) song format, packaged in a sleek, multi-layered production. The Syd Barrett-ian psychedelic lullabyIn The Flowersexplodes in a loud merry-go-round of keyboards and percussion: it is neither groundbreaking nor particularly memorable.My Girlsis a charming take on minimalist repetition and house music, with raga-like fibrillation juxtaposed against ecstatic chants: neither particularly new nor particularly engaging.Lion in a Comais an atmospheric and not very melodic song although drenched in a chaos of syncopated percussive sounds and of somewhat clownish electronic timbres. The album dwells in this limbo of fake uncreative creativity. Basically, it's nothing butPhil Spector's "wall of sound" updated to the age in which the studio can do a lot more than an army of musicians.Also Frightenedwonders dangerously close to the Beatles ofSgt Pepper, andBluishsounds like a parody of the Beach Boys. The Animal Collective's personal variation on that stereotype comes from the ritualistic element that is also the common denominator of all the songs.
The one moment of genius isSummertime Clothes, boasting a dislocated hard-rock riff and a panzer techno beat as its rhythmic foundation, and a vaudeville-like rigmarole with a soaring chorus as its leitmotiv. A close second is the jovial Latin-tingued dance ofBrothersportthat turns into a hypnotic game of vocal harmonies.
Dave Portner (aka Avey Tare) and Noah Lennox (aka Panda Bear) have never sounded more conventional. They have even become predictable. Only the bands of synth-pop have employed so many keyboard sounds to create such simple pop ditties.

to be honest apart from Kanye and TPAB I don't think there have been that many albums that truly knocked Yea Forums for six since MPP, there have been great and notable albums yes, but nothing that really captured the entire board
it's so forced nowadays, I think a lot of the younger posters want the records released in their prime to be the ones that make history but it never really takes off

the fact that being a blatant contrarian farms more (You)s than agreeing with a general sentiment means the board will never universally love something probably ever any time soon

AOTY

Attached: COWS_.jpg (400x400, 174K)

>Train recordings.
What a fucking patrician.

embarrassing

t. zoomer hip hop head

its almost like his job is music or something

>listening to train recordings unironically
based

>tfw his taste is infinitely better than anyone's on Yea Forums

I wouldn't be surprised if he's on Redacted

Who cares? When is the MGMT what’s in my bag

>acting like MGMT and AnCo are parallels
cringe. i'm even a fan of MGMT and like all of their albums and I know that they're shit compared to AnCo

>unironically listening to autistic Nickelodeon bumper music
I feel bad for you

they turned to shit is mostly the reason why. the build up to MPP was insane though. that's when mu was really alive.

he looks like he does acid

>getting butthurt and strawmanning because you have shit taste
I feel bad for you

Attached: 809841275832.jpg (500x375, 38K)

there is a smegma song using trains that blew me away the 2nd tie i got stoned when i was 15. trains sound cool dude

Keep on listening to this then
youtu.be/1q9j7vzv5Bg

as someone who was deep into music forums back in 2006 era, animal collective will have a place in my heart. i always talked shit to other posters about loving them because it was fun to do that, but i like anco.
some pictures of them just screw with my eyes though, one of the ugliest bands somehow

I love painting with. My most listened to album by them. Shit mang it's so clean

Noah > Avery
I once got my dick sucked to a panda bear track for at least 30 minutes it was peak comfy.

Ye I'll remember to put this on whilst I'm plowing your mom on our next date son ;)

literally who?

AYO DIS NIGGA LISTENING TO TRAINS

youtu.be/LACbVhgtx9I

this is good "my mom is getting fucked". thanks for the good times and hurt fren

As much as I could agree a few years ago, once you see them live you understand why Avey is the front man. Panda cant sing well live. It's noticable when the whole band plays, but mostly a let down seeing him solo live not really singing up to par to what his produced recordings sound like.
Avey on the other hand excels at singing, and honestly his songwriting is amazing with how COWs came out.

Im not trying to trash Panda and say he cant sing, but he's no where close to what level Avey performs at.

it's really sad that you even know what these songs are.. do you need someone to talk to bro? i'm seriously worried about you and the rest of Gen Z... I can help you through your problems man just ask..

Noah's always been the (geek) Chad who has probably relied on his good looks his whole life so he doesn't feel as eager to impress.
Avey however is a based manlet and would do anything to make his fans happy

cringe

feels is still a good record but the rest suck ass

>smegma
based user

Are you stuck in 2009? Animal Collective is dogshit and has aged horriblely. Might as well listen to Grizzly Bear and Matt and Kim while we’re at it

ANYBODY who's done anything important in this day and age is either a Boomer or a Millenial. The Zoomers hating on AnCo in this thread are all FAGGOTS who don't even KNOW how to wipe their ass let alone take in some good genuine music. thank YOU Zoomers for giving us Billie Eilish, Lil Nas X, XXXDoubleTortillas, The Garden and more Mac Demarco runoff. Thank you Zoomers for being the generation that glorifies ushering in the most vapid music the world has ever known. Thank you.

Attached: 1519242575_e2fa0dcae438d53b2ee9fc186e5b92c5.jpg (740x493, 74K)

yo leave matt ox out of this he's a good boy

>the 27 year old boomer having a mental breakdown because he’s out of touch with music and longs to live in the past

that run animal collective had from 2004 to 2009 was legendary

this is true. fuck this board

>tfw still enjoying current AnCo releases while everyone thinks they're not cool anymore

Attached: 1415630184301.gif (320x240, 3.54M)

>people having their own opinions is bad
lol fuck off commie

Was this supposed to be impressive?

This is like first year RYMcore stuff lol.

>Was this supposed to be impressive?

what? lmao

Okay u got me

The fact that Yea Forums's board culture is the worst it's ever been and the bare mention of Avey and Animal Collective has so many people triggered is very telling...

It's hard discussing anything here that is popular because most people prefer baiting and triggering rather than talking about what they like and sharing.
It sucks because the taste hear are good unlike other places to discuss music.

I see his smug fucking face and think "god what a fucking faggot bitch" and then I read the comments of this thread and come to the conclusion that "at least he isn't as bad as these faggots who think music is some sort of competition"
And I still like Animal Collective. Liking music because it's cool is fucking gay and you're all a bunch of faggots. Have sex.

Why does he listen to so many black guys?

I love Avey. He's a dork. Nice selections

I enjoy Noah's sound and lack of good vocals but hands down Avey is a better frontman and vocalist.

People discuss the Beatles all the time. I’d say we are improving

Why do you listen to so many white guys?

based and redpilled

He wasn’t even that good looking in his really young days. Certainly wasn’t a chad.

Avey's such a cutie

Based as fuck

TRUTH

What did The Garden do to you?

Animal Collective used to have the most toxic and vile fanbase for whatever reason

avey tare triggers nostalgia to the mid2000s hipster scene

It shows in the buttmad boomers in this thread