Why did 80s music sound like pic related...

Why did 80s music sound like pic related? It was always fuzzy Sock'em Bopper-tier synth bass shit with Devo Hats and miscellaneous African Tribal instrument loops.

Why'd we let this happen Yea Forums ?

Attached: dub.jpg (570x592, 70K)

>not liking glam metal
faggot detected

>Why did 80s music sound like pic related?
it doesn't. you've let your opinions be effected by internet memes. log off

Twisted Sister, Iced Earth, and Judas Priest were everything Yea Forums is, Devo and The Beach Boys are not.

*intro to saved by the bell starts playing*

You either listen to thrash metal and smash pussy like an alpha or you listen to synthpop and become a literal gay prostitute.

Isn't that a 90s aesthetic?

Same thing.

yuck
gtfo boomer

Go to bed Kyle.

Cringe.

But yeah OP, you're an idiot. The 80's was the start of pretty much every underground genre that still exists today being actually defined. It wasn't all synth pop and new wave, you just don't know much about music outside of the realm of pop hits I guess.

Bad synth interfaces on the new digital devices made people not bother with creating their own sounds for the most part. The result was presets becoming easily identifiable musical tropes of the 80s.

> origins
black metal, rap, slam, grind, skramz, neofolk, ambient, ect is all great, but it went on. Synth-Pop was like a bad period in the historic vulva of music.

>black metal, rap, slam, grind, skramz, neofolk, ambient, ect is all great
I disagree was more talking about thrash metal, death metal, hardcore punk, and industrial.

>confusing 80s pop with all 80s music
How is that our fault you’re dumb as bricks

80s music is a noun everyone associates with post-disco/synth-wave, music from the 80s is just music from the 80s.

Attached: 80s music.gif (400x225, 470K)

Maybe try listening to the actually good 80s bands, Also Devo are incredible.

Devos 70s output kicks the shit out of their 80s stuff though.

Agreed. that 80s sound annoys the hell out of me, it sounds so cheesy and plastic-y

and even worse, it sounds like a GRID. like programmed beats. There's no swing or groove or swagger to it, it's just straight robotic loops

yamaha dx7

Yeah true

You mean why did synths and samplers suddenly become affordable and more portable so more people started to buy and experiement with them?

>Why did 80s music sound like pic related?
Because your cup has a sawtooth pattern

> that bendy synth sound in 99% of horror, adventure or thriller movies from the 80s.

That wasn't a synth, that was a glass bell plugged into a Fender Mustang amplifier with reverb.

> that punch/kick impact sound in 99% of action, kung-fu or boxing movies from the 80s.

That wasn't a synth, that was a penis being slapped across your mums face plugged into a Fender Mustang amplifier with reverb.

I think that’s semantics but nonetheless some of the biggest hits of the 80s weren’t new wave synth pop