Guys, lets stop pretending this album isnt his worst. GKMC aged better and DAMN had better tracks on it...

Guys, lets stop pretending this album isnt his worst. GKMC aged better and DAMN had better tracks on it. This has aged like milk and should be rightfully forgotten by 2020

Attached: 6A9pk4a.png (600x600, 580K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9OvDuXM7_Bs
youtube.com/watch?v=JXikcHwPolM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I unironically hate this album, shit is boring as fuck

i cant understand this album because im white, ive been told. so im not trying, that would be racist.

easily among top 5 albums of this decade. it's okay if you can't get into patrician negro music history. plebs prefer his other stuff because that's the sound they are used to. lyrically, sonically, and thematically his best, no contest.

The growing poem meta-narrative hit pretty hard in '15, and I think still remains the high point of his album narratives. And the live band production is totally unmatched in his discography. We knew it was great in '15. Frankly I don't enjoy listening to it any more because it was the zeitgeist of '15 and I've so absorbed it and acclimated to it that it's no longer fresh or relevant.
Yep

Are you seriously this fucking stupid? GKMC was a dumpster fire and DAMN was overhyped to all hell because of "muh reparations". Neither album is on the level of TPAB muscially, lyrically or even culturally

gkmc is literally better than tpab

>There's people on this board that unironically listen to (c)r*p

>being this fucking retarded

>DAMN had better tracks on it
Absolutely not.

>being this much of a retarded rockist

how is middle school treating you?

GKMC is incredible and TPAB is even better
Uu is also incredible
Damn was a disappointment
I dont see how you can overlook TPAB as much as people on this board
Its probly just all the racist people who somehow are retarded enough to think that this album’s message is “kill white people”
Get over yourself

The social-political dialogue that runs through TPAB is off-putting and comes across as overly preachy. Sure the elements of Free-Jazz, West Coast HH, and Wonky make for an interesting album instrumentally, however the flow of the record is so disjointed (No I don’t want to listen to this poem repeat itself AGAIN) Not to mention that TPAB has all the accolades that his other albums don’t, although the energy of GKMC and Damn. are more authentic and I truly believe Kendrick sounds more himself on those albums specifically (if TPAB has anything substantial to say, it is the state of Kendrick’s mental health decline).

TPAB had superior compositional songwriting but the sonic themes going on do sound dated because the album was dropped just before everything really began to shift into this dark trap thing were in now. It is a superior piece of work but the novelty of it has faded and I attribute that to the time it was released. Then again, MBDTF still holds up, so idk.

Where is there Wonky music in TPAB?

Wesley’s Theory, you idiot. Wtf kinda question is that

how is it preachy? it's not saying that you should do anything or behave in a certain way. it's just painting a picture of what being a black person in the US means, with it's highs and lows.

if anything tpab feels timeless due to it very successfully imho incorporating elements of so many musical genres. I think his other albums will feel even more dated in the future because they are rooted more on the musical trends of the present. gkmc feels dated af im o.

Idk maybe my idea of what wonky music is is wrong
I always thought wonky was fast and glitchy

>painting a picture of what it means to be a black man in America

This narrative is tired. Kendrick doesn’t say anything new here (to be more frank, he doesn’t seem to have deep knowledge of African American history or the trickle down effect it’s had in society since the 19th century). He does however sound egotistical, pretentious, and preachy, in need of attention and eager to capture acclaim for being a “Mandela type-figure”. Let me state again (from my original post) that the most SUBSTANTIAL part of TPAB narrative, is Kendrick chronicling his mental illness’. Damn. is a much more mature album believe it or not

>painting a picture of what being a black person in the US means
this is literally like 95% of "conscious" hip hop, just shit about race or the ghetto

o ya dude he sounds so egotistical on songs like u and the blacker the berry and how much a dollar cost

I remember you was conflicted.....

These songs have tires narratives, and they’re success relies solely on the instrumentals

This except I think GKMC is slightly better than TPAB.

name any song that has a similar narrative to any of them, ESPECIALLY how much a dollar cost

Have you ever listened to Common, Talib Kweli, or Q-Tip?

Literally thousands of songs have been written about what somebody would be willing to do for money (selling the soul is one of the most popular song topics) lol I’m done talking with you. You haven’t brought up one valid counterpoint.

>DAMN had better tracks on it.

Attached: 1406075646361.jpg (426x374, 30K)

he asked you to name a song, and you named artists. name a song by common, talib, or q-tip with the same narrative as How Much A Dollar Cost

untitled unmastered is his only good release

don't forget section 80 too. has aged very well

Is the golden era of hip-hop over then?
I think we hit the apex a while back.

k.o.s. (determination)

It culminates in that laughable Tupac interview that proves Kendrick isn’t all that thoughtful.

This but unironically.

Pretty much. The turn of the decade up to about 2015-ish had so much going on as far as rap was concerned. The second half of the decade everything's almost gone to shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=9OvDuXM7_Bs

DAMN's best track wasnt even on par with Tpab's best track, and tpab is only a 7/10

The first half is fantastic, but then I lose interest after "Alright."

DAMN actually sucks and TPAB has zero replay value

Black Messiah for plebs

>being this fucking retarded

does anyone know any more music that sounds liked untitled 08? I liked it more than most of TPAP
youtube.com/watch?v=JXikcHwPolM

Attached: 3fabu.jpg (1024x1024, 51K)