What are your honest thoughts on this album?

What are your honest thoughts on this album?

Attached: IMG_20190708_153420.jpg (601x589, 239K)

pretty overrated honestly. it resonated hard when i was an angsty teenager but it hasn't really held up over time compared with other post-rock and similar guitar bands like polvo

incredible powerful album with no replayability

One of my favourites, sometimes I walk the highway on the way home from work and just listen to Spiderland as well as Tweez, the latter of which I love just as much

very cool and unique album. I love that it has this really odd and off vibe to it.

honestly? it's beautiful. these are the only musicians within 100 miles of where i'm from that i have ever resonated with. and i resonated HARD. it's wildly original and emotive. i gave another listen recently ~5 years after i first heard it and it hasn't aged one bit. especially incredible given how young they were.

hope pajo is doing okay : ( saw an instagram post recently where he was like "only 4 people have visted me since i've moved to my new home. please visit me, friends." read his suicide letter. very sad.

Overrated. Just like most albums this shitty board recommends.

care to elaborate?
i agree it is a shitty board

changed my life and convinced me to buy a guitar. if i had to pick one favorite album this would be it

Pretty good, but not the best rock album of all time like some people say it is. I wish it were consistent with its mood instead of the first two tracks being fast-paced and groove-driven while the rest are mellow and atmospheric.

Honestly, if the vocals were any good and the guitar tone wasn't complete garbage it would be a masterpiece. Still, it is an enjoyable listen.

I listened to it a few times and sort of liked it, but, ultimately, it feels too serious and not fun enough for it to have stuck with me over time. I can understand and respect some people rating it and enjoying it so highly and I’m glad those audiences have such a connection to it, but I really don’t like it.

It's good at what it is. A dark album that has the musical skill and lyrical substance to sustain itself. It's definitely not for everyone but I can see why some people like it as much as they do.

After it's shilled so hard, I listened to it a couple of years ago. It’s never been anything except a collection of forgettable songs that leave no impression on me at all.

Sometimes i really like it and listen to nothing else, other times i cant be bothered with it at all. Depends on my mood I guess

Very interesting, unique, and rewarding of repeated listenings. The material isn't so much excellent (it's good but not 10/10 tier) as it is perfectly executed. It's very good at what it sets out to do. I completely understand someone not liking it. Someone with low tolerance of strange vocals or repetition or sparse, empty records and haunting sounds would get absolutely no enjoyment from this record due to its unrelenting dark mood.

I used to listen to it pretty often (maybe 3x a month) for about a year but was always sad at how it was relentlessly shilled or memed online. I don't play it quite as much anymore but it's still an essential record for anyone into underground rock.

I miss when the people on this board respected the concept of "getting" and "not getting" an album. People who say "x album is overrated because I listened to it and didn't find the appeal" in a condescending way are just being arrogant but because the oldfags are outnumbered by hoards of newfags at this point nobody calls it out.

the only good album this dumb board talks about

It's one of the better Yea Forumscore albums

Just read it.... damn, thankfully he posted it and got rescued.... He will have the time for dying yet, I think he should live for his children, and it's a miracle he survived

>boohoo I don't like it so it's shit

Boring as fuck

I never said it's shit retardo.

fantastic album. I love how it swings from calm to eerie to intense. drums are powerful and satisfying, riffs are super interesting, vocals are good too.

It's pretty great. I listened to Spiderland, Sonic Youth's EVOL, and Fugazi's The Argument once through an all-nighter writing my final paper for a class when it was due the next day, being on low sleep in the dead of night, and the experience was really fucking nice. Best played at night.

One of the best and most original albums ever.