String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>stringtensionpro.com/
Music theory:
>musictheory.net/lessons
Guitar Maintenance and other information:
>frudua.com/guitar_craftpedia_en.html
Why is my guitar buzzing?
>frets.com/FretsPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
>mega.nz/#F!KIoilagC!3KtnUYdTW53VsQu9QrJS_g

Attached: 1517851365231.jpg (1162x743, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/3TMn
youtube.com/watch?v=OZhAzVo6mX8
youtube.com/watch?v=SfphbU9d9lY
youtu.be/IEPw06KxdOY
youtu.be/wpQGwDxQwvM
youtu.be/sRh44LbxXJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=BBffvX-n5C0
ebay.com/itm/Gibson-Les-Paul-Special-P-90s-2019/254285727440?hash=item3b349c46d0:g:87QAAOSwzUVdG7Lw&LH_BIN=1
soundcloud.com/gnsis777/disintegrate
youtube.com/watch?v=rwZBhvIqvog
youtube.com/watch?v=EqrdFgL1EZg
soundcloud.com/wagemage/it-is-like-that
shop.fender.com/en-US/electric-basses/precision-bass/duff-mckagan-precision-bass/0146500323.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Ugy165V8llk
youtube.com/watch?v=vv506z4gbUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zXemqki688A
forum.gibson.com/topic/115157-les-paul-studio-bodies-how-many-pieces-are-used/
jazzguitarlessons.net/blog/build-chord-melody-3-easy-steps
m.youtube.com/watch?v=iVt8am49AaM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

so how do you make your burgers, /gg/?

>buying Gibson

Attached: 1559616332858.jpg (480x480, 24K)

Samuel makes kaka burgers, his dad takes a huge bite and chews the bread and kaka with his mouth wide open

A little salt and pepper, then flatten into a 3/4" ish patty and toss on the grill over wood charcoal

Attached: 15626128524007786749386048629379.jpg (4160x3120, 3.58M)

>Ibanez guitar is $1200
>same guitar with SS frets, same pickups, same everything basically
>$2700

why

Attached: 1023.jpg (300x218, 11K)

Here again to the gentleman that called me a faggot for having nice aligned saddles and demanded playing only to disappear:
instaud.io/3TMn

Attached: MuhGibson.png (1508x1368, 3.86M)

WMIC factory
youtube.com/watch?v=OZhAzVo6mX8
>The workers at World Musical are paid on average $2,000 per month, this then goes up each year depending on ability and experience.

Fender Mexican factory
youtube.com/watch?v=SfphbU9d9lY

Who would you buy your cheap entry level guitar from?

Because people who care will pay for it and there's probably some other boutique price raiser bundled in like being hand made because that's the way the market works - bundling shit. Nickel silver is fucking dated, I don't know why it's even used anymore since it'll just wear against nickel and nickel coated strings and leave you needing a $500 refret down the road.

Attached: mexiwages.png (728x811, 130K)

>bottom bun (toasted)
>hollandaise
>lettuce
>heirloom tomato slices
>ground chuck patty (rare/medium)
>caramelized onions
>bleu cheese crumbles
>grey poupon dijon mustard
>top bun (toasted)

What are some funk riffs I should learn as a beginner?

Attached: 1528838302157.jpg (1690x1340, 404K)

I like em thicc

Attached: 20190708_113335.jpg (4160x3120, 3.58M)

>not buying gourmet burgers
>making aberrations by yourself
Absolutely disgusting

But what about kaka?

nice user
that's pretty damn ostentatious user but sounds great
burgers aren't supposed to be gourmet any monkey can make burgers

youtu.be/IEPw06KxdOY

youtu.be/wpQGwDxQwvM

youtu.be/sRh44LbxXJ0

SMASHED AND SLAMMED
Just like your mom.

>instaud.io/3TMn

still here. Your playing is soulless. At least the sound quality is okay though, better than most recordings here.

You should put more vibrato/bending in. You sound like you just got back from the methadone clinic and you're slowly waking up from the nods

*Any macaco can make burgers
**Only if they're kaka burgers for his almost dead dad to chew on with his mouth wide open

He is so used to the shitty burgers he can't believe there's any better. It's like a pig bathing in mud.

do you toast her buns and slap cheese on her too, user?

you are cuckoo for kaka

No, I'm not Sammy.
He started the whole kaka thing

While the tone of your reply makes me think your comments weren't intended as sincere constructive criticism, I appreciate the sentiment. As I continue to play and learn I will take your criticism seriously and try to add more personality into my playing. Thank you.

I use lots of pickle.

I make my burguers brushed with a dab of Hunts BBQ sauce, i place pikles on them. I saw your pikle on your pic bro fist.

>$264 a month for the worker actually involved in the guitar making process
>$634 a month for the guy with an off-the-floor job

Holy fucking shit fender.

Your dynamics are all over the place, you slide on the strings too much, and you need to get a metronome because it's just off time enough to make you uncomfortable. The clean section feels purposeless, like some self taught kid has been practicing it for a month and has reached the point where he'll accept anything that doesn't have a huge mistake in it.

It gets better with gain and a strong rhythm guitar of course, distortion and rock band mixes hide mistakes.

Mediocre/10 that guitar deserves better. I suppose you've been playing for 3-4 years and practicing at least a few hours a week. Focus on cleaner technique, more accurate rhythm, and dynamics with some fucking direction.

Fuck yeah bro fist back son. Pickles are great only third worlders dont like pickles

I don’t understand where to go with guitar. What should I learn? Should I learn all the chords and scales I can in standard tuning? What if I want to play in other tunings, is that a matter of learning a whole new set of chords and scales? I can play by ear (I’m also a trained pianist) but I’m just generally mystified when it comes to what I should actually do to get better. My guitarist friend told me the best way to learn chords for example is just by learning songs, and that’s what I’ve been doing so far. Also, I prefer fingerpicking but I’m not sure if that’s viable or it’s what I should be doing. Sorry for the semi blogpost but if anyone has any suggestions for my situation that would be great

but you are a thirdworlder bro you live @ cali.

Attached: reaction face1.jpg (350x283, 49K)

Where the rents too damn high. Why cant i get third world rent rates too.

I love the guitar but I'm awful at it. I would like to learn how to play properly, but I can't muster motivation to practice regularly. Also it's disheartening to not progress so it's like a negative feedback loop.

Anyone has gone through this? How did you get over it?

Attached: 1554256220357.jpg (2048x2048, 322K)

Learn music theory bro

Have you tried learning kakapicking?

pls post this whole pic i need to masturbate

>like Ibanez S series slim body
>don't like wizard necks
>like LP weight
>don't like their shape
>don't like "slab" guitars in general
>like Strat necks
>don't like their bodies

help me /gg/. I think my ideal is modern fender neck shape and radius but a slim body like an Ibanez S or SG

Attached: 1560996718504.webm (1280x720, 1.55M)

Another thing I would suggest is that you work on phrasing. Every note should serve a purpose, and not only that, silence between notes can say a lot.

You have the speed, your fingers work, its just about developing style, soul, mojo etc.

>when your son buys his first gibson

Holy shit was it really that bad? That's super disheartening. I was pretty proud of it.

Both of these, and covered in sauce.

sand down the back of a strat body and reinforce the neck joint with angled bolts ala ibanez

maybe even run reinforcing steel down the back of the body for extra weight

Now this is definitely genuine feedback, thank you very much user. I will remember it.

How often do you actually use your tonepot?

Attached: pldclcdpiwbk513s9jui.jpg (800x533, 37K)

$30 on a (good) teacher once a month, just for critique and direction.

Pretty often because mine has a pretty even response, my guitar is bright as fuck, an EMG 81 in the bridge is bright as fuck, and the amp EQ is ten feet away. I have to roll it off more for cleans to avoid TWANG, a little less for distorted rhythm, and have it on full for leads.

Post headstock. And practice with a metronome.

Where do you think "comfort" ranks in the qualities you look for in a guitar?

People say get a guitar that sounds good but would you sacrifice a little tone for something comfortable? If a guitar feels like shit but sounds amazing, I'm less inclined to play it. The experience of playing a guitar is multifaceted.

lads im about to head to a guitar lesson and im nervous, this is my first lesson, whats it like? it seems like a pretty intimate situation to be in

Serious question, how do you even eat those? There's no way you can open your mouth wide enough to cover the top and bottom part of that burger with your teeth to take a bite.

You should rub kaka on your hand before you meet your teacher.
Once you've met him give him a firm kaka handshake

Theyre a little bigger than slider sized. Look at the habanero for reference. Not as large as you think

i dont wanna do that.

Pop a bunch of Adderall and grind out a few multi-hour practice sessions. Not really though. This post is satire and should not be construed as medical advice.

Suck his dick before the lesson even starts and then ask him to kaka in your mouth. That way you will be prepared and will find it easier to learn

I think comfort is more important than sound, but sometimes you might have to sacrifice a little comfort for the sound you want.

The only place this really comes into play is scale lengths, given they sound and feel so different. Everything else, you can just buy a guitar with more comfortable body shape/neck profile/radius and the sound you're after (pickups, body wood, etc).

I use it by cranking it to 10 and leaving it there. If it gets bumped out of place, I return it to 10.

my first lesson was in 1999

>long haired guitardo teacher
>bloodshot eyes
>"ayyyy mayyan.. wanna hit sum lix dewd??"
>what?
>"ay i liek that guitar dewd.. lemme give it a go..."
>plays my schecter omen 6
>"niiice..."
>all he plays is 311 songs
>all he teaches me is 311 songs

good times

Favorite finish? Solid? Transparent with top?

Attached: fG1u73C.jpg (3600x2400, 694K)

Why yes, I've never viewed a tab in my life or bothered to learn anyone else's songs, how did you know?

Attached: 1561682330055.jpg (768x768, 84K)

everything in a guitar that has a real effect on tone can be replaced except for the scale length. sometimes the fret material can be replaced too if you're willing to shell out.

>nut
>bridge
>strings
>pickups and wiring
>pickup type, count and position (get yer router)

Transparent lake placid blue over a burned in natural grain, solid body no figured top

ALL SUNBURST ALL THE TIME

some transparent super thin nitrocellulose
or a solid color, depending on the guitar

These images are getting out of hand.

Is it possible to replace a fretboard? I got a Strat worth a lot of sentimental value to me (my father's before he passed) but I truly can't get behind the rosewood. I'd pay up to like $1000 to replace it with maple but keep original neck and headstock.

Are you fucking retarded

1) Don't do it
2) Yes, it's possible
3) You'll need a luthier
4) It'll be cheaper than $1000
5) Don't do it

It's going to be awkward when you say you've been playing for two or three years and the pentatonic scale and some open chords that you stumble through are all you've got to show for it

>have played violin since I was 4
>piano since I was 12
>saxophone since I was 16, but only for two years

I'm 30 now, how hard will it be to pick up guitar? Specifically I'm eying a La Patrie nylon string. I know learning an instrument later in life is more challenging but I have lots of experience with violin, another stringed instrument.

Solid matte with no pickguard

Attached: erhr49ecz6tv19kdnh8m.jpg (800x600, 203K)

mein neger

Attached: IMG_9945.jpg (3000x2000, 3.11M)

You'll be fine.

This but tele and flame

Attached: 2061_P_1422246665193.jpg (530x800, 119K)

Lads, how can I fix a cracked finish on the back of the neck easily at home? (It donesn't look that bad, but feels like fucking shit)

Attached: shieeeeet.jpg (490x368, 27K)

this is sad

STOP IT STOP IT you're adding onto my anxiety!!

You'll be fine but stay away from electrics. The finger calluses will come on fast and fuck up your violin playing.

Attached: IMG_20190708_1604430.jpg (2704x4056, 3.61M)

Blind dem fuckers in the crowd

Attached: glitter tele p90 blue.jpg (564x752, 83K)

He's just saying you need to either make sure you get a good teacher or teach yourself at the same time as having lessons, preferably both.

you the guy with the orange-green PRS? fuck man, let me get a full pic

>my guitar was not grown in a forest but was rather harvested from the carapace of an ancient planet-sized spacefaring insect
>not only does it have amazing tone but it also causes slight fluctuations in the force of gravity whenever i play

Any sub £700 guitars with steel frets or anything not nickel?

for less than 875 USD you weren't going to keep it that long anyways

sure thing
dude weed lol

Attached: IMG_20190708_1614589.jpg (3064x2043, 2.87M)

Wait, why don't we use giant animal bits to make guitars?

I'd play the shit out of a guitar with a whale skull top

Well then how do you eat burgers that really are so tall that you can't put your teeth on the top bun and the bottom bun to take a bite? Pic related.

Attached: jk9kllaorr211.jpg (640x640, 109K)

This but anime

Attached: MyHaloCustomGuitar_10.jpg (995x420, 32K)

I dont.
But if you need to know you cut it in half and insert at a 45 degree angle into your mouth

Eat from top to bottom with a fork

Why would you need a single coil in the middle with two humbuckers at the neck and bridge? Explain this faggotry immidiatley!

Attached: 13513535135.jpg (564x405, 30K)

Probably for dat quack

>dat mismatched grain
is not PRS QC way too strict ? did you got a factory second ?

You don't need SS frets. You won't play a guitar enough in your lifetime to wear down regular Prestige frets and even if you do you can get them dressed multiple times for not much money. Stop falling for the SS meme

Positions 2 and 4 would be auto-split. Position 3 would be strat middle. Positions 1 and 5 would be humbuckers, with a push pull pot to also split them.

The sound of split humbuckers is closer to a p90 which imho is vastly superior to fender's weird staggered pole "real single coil" with its uneven string volume, and the tele body shape is the best fender ever made. The second cutaway doesn't serve much of a purpose unless you are andre the giant and can fret with your thumb that high up on the neck. So, that guitar is actually peak guitar.

It's the only good strat position. A push pull enables the outer coils of the humbucker for the tele middle. Positions 2 and 4 would be the humbuckers coilsplit.

>get frets dressed
>profile, and therefore feel and tone, change each time

And then you buy another neck, probably another guitar

for more OOMP

if it comes with a coil split, neck and middle can phase for that twang strats are know for.

Maybe if you get them dressed by jcum

joe satriani models are old radius series bodies but with strat necks p much

Best girl here has buttons instead of knobs, so it's probably

>3 way switch: neck, middle pickup on its own, bridge
>button 1: neck and bridge positions are split and mixed with middle, middle position is unchanged
>button 2: middle position becomes split neck+split bridge or neck and bridge out of phase

Attached: 71sKKzQUADL._SY679_.jpg (495x679, 89K)

genius

why aren't these anime girls designing more guitars

Old white men like Paul Reed Smith and the old white washups that support him

man fuck whypeepo amirite

tfw you're too much of an addict to stop using the computer for some time and do fucking stretches
here we go again

considering the fact that the neck looks like a popsicle stick and the bridge looks like a sticker on the body i'd say they're just poorly drawn knobs

/gg/'s magazine

Attached: 1550545307661.jpg (730x960, 153K)

It's perfectly fine, I wouldn't come here for legitimate criticism. As some other anons said earlier the only glaring thing is phrasing, the arrangement could possibly be reworked a bit to make it sound a little less awkward. Other than that it's good. Much better than what most people here post.

Nah man it's made in Japan, they're all like that

See: Ibanez

when you listen to the best music in the world you develop some harsh taste

even if you can't play any of it

lol actually true

>mfw people post their guitars and they are inadequate because they are not Gibsons

Attached: 1533506384147.png (1920x1080, 1.46M)

I've been here for about 12 years and got bored of memeposting around 7 years in. How new are you for you to still find being a faggtot novel?

all the time. I like the sound of a tone knob turned down, but also, if you have it turned down and you fuck with your amp til you get a sound you like, you can use your tone knob as a boost

I've been on Yea Forums since 2004 and I've seen quite a few fox and grapes posts in my time. In fact, I'm replying to one right now.

Attached: 1552487510048.jpg (692x709, 223K)

not really it was just so off time it gives legitimate musicians anxiety to listen to. start practicing with a metronome

and yes keeping in time is everything. rhythm is important in every instrument people just starting out think it’s something only percussionists need to develop really well but that’s bullshit. rhythm is one of the most if not the most important thing to develop. your post is a perfect example of this, pretty nice PLAYING but completely ruined by how you keep losing time. playing out of time ruins a recording

>post an anime girl
>owns a chinese made les paul
get the real thing faggot

does basswood really dent that easily that if you look at it the wrong way it will damage?

it all sounds rushed

Attached: duran.jpg (712x751, 179K)

Yeah, its a soft wood. Some grades are more dense, it just depends but the majority is softer than other woods

has anyone used mooer red truck? it seems pretty good for it's prize and with since drive circuits are analog then they shouldn't sound like shiet

Attached: red truck.jpg (630x371, 34K)

My Gibson is real and it's SPECTACULAR.

Attached: 1557646971166.png (2187x2103, 1.51M)

>squiers
basswood
gloss necks
shit hardware
looks nice

>player
alder
satin neck
22 fret
2 pt trem
ugliest colours I have ever seen

>vintera
a CV with better hardware
am I being robbed?

how on earth am I meant to choose?
player is obviously best but god they’re so repulsive

Are you the sixty six fag? With how this is going, you'll regret any choice. Im getting deja vus of that dude that asked about pacificas and custom pickguards all the time

I really hope all you fags die for making fun of my dad

no I’m not
I guess I’ll just settle for a player desu

A guitar is a piece of wood when it starts out, but after many years of playing there is a set resonance to the wood that makes it a special guitar. New guitars don't know they are guitars yet, but older ones do.

what if my guitar identifies as a violin instead

Then Jimmy Page it

Am I going to go deaf

Attached: 2019-07-08 16.28.56.png (750x1334, 168K)

yep

>I call my guitar 'she'

Attached: 48375787_10157009026794059_5170693303540121600_n.jpg (851x765, 35K)

reasons not to get HSH if 2 and 4 is auto split?

>comparing third world fenders
fender very purposefully makes them worse than the US fenders. they're meant to be. fender is an american company, the best guitars they make are made in america. but their american guitars are mediocre so you can only imagine what could be worse.

you want to buy something that has heart and soul put into it, not a copy made to a pricetag. get your ass to ebay and look for used les pauls under $1000.

protip: a repaired headstock crack will slash the value but it actually makes the guitar sound better

>I don't call my guitar 'she'

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 125K)

auto split?

>shills a product he doesn´t own
seems like the average f/a/g

Vintage fanboys will tell you it's not the real sound because humbuckers usually have rails or a flat or symmetrical stagger instead of the vintage fender stagger and the individual coils have too many winds compared to a vintage voiced fender single coil. And they're right, it's not the same, but it still sounds really good. Better if you aren't just doing sweet home alabama covers.

Attached: Stagger-Options.png (1403x830, 20K)

Update: just got back from my guitar lesson mates, the teacher was v. cute and he taught me lots of stuff. awesome! ;vv

Have you guys gotten any problems with termites or other wood eating insects? Kinda afraid of leaving my guitar in the open with their season coming

your daily dose of chad guitar zoomer

youtube.com/watch?v=BBffvX-n5C0

four conductor pickup wiring tricks

Attached: 3e88fbf83ea6f59bc3e53a99d271f5d1.jpg (1132x937, 139K)

if you don't look after your home, i doubt you look after your guitar(s). i'm not worried, so i leave them out on the stands so i can plug and jam easy!

Attached: 1548804422467.jpg (960x540, 64K)

Huh, it's true

ebay.com/itm/Gibson-Les-Paul-Special-P-90s-2019/254285727440?hash=item3b349c46d0:g:87QAAOSwzUVdG7Lw&LH_BIN=1

You can get a gibson for the same price as schecter.

why bare ground enrico?
you think it's funny?

Hey gigs, I know you guys are all decent guitar players, you all got dem' cool ass amps and guitars. Could you tell why this thing sucks, and if it was for you, how would you play the same motive?

soundcloud.com/gnsis777/disintegrate

Attached: de629721ae80403497358630f6d0.jpg (945x540, 103K)

That setup is retarded. Normal splitting is better and gives you more options.

goes nowhere from 30 seconds for what feels like an eternity

some tracks are meant for vocals

Did you know schecter made a bass VI only better?

Attached: HELLCAT VI IVYP copy.png (2000x640, 790K)

yes

Attached: hr_hellcat_vi_blk.jpg (1618x500, 102K)

>Retro djent guitar

Windows high contrast theme guitar

Attached: only 90s kids remember.png (800x600, 16K)

Got something against black and chrome?

Attached: hr_hellcat_vi_3tsb.jpg (1615x500, 118K)

From 0-30 it's an guitar intro, 30 to 1:40 - vesre and prechorus, from 1:40 its chorus plus riffs. How does the ''guitar'' sounds in overall to someone who plays guitar and knows music theory? Is it listenable and does it deliver the motive? (never played any real instrument, just pick the notes on qwerty)

Came in the mail just now

What’s /gg/‘s opinion on DOD?

Attached: C4060595-7170-4448-8EB5-913E43BA222C.jpg (4032x3024, 1.96M)

Ugly headstock

>2019
So is that a fake or what

Looks awesome u r just gay

all the time, it can do great stuff

no you are

Like what

New toy. I'm hoping it will help make me a better guitar player. Plus, I've always wanted to learn piano.

Attached: 20190708_210913.jpg (1584x1075, 941K)

real good pedals, built like tanks
wish they were more popular but i hope they're doing ok

Certainly helped my playing and composing

Attached: AGM-684C_Front_1500x.jpg (1500x1500, 463K)

How do you get "metal tone"? I'm trying real hard not to buy a pedal that has metal in the name.

Like if I were learning Holy Wars, what should my signal chain look like? I got a TS piped into a fuzz and the distortion is right but I don't get those sharp highs. Even scooping my mids and boosting treble on EQ doesn't seem to work.

Which one of you faggots is doing this?

FFS why is /gg/ so fucking cancerous??

put a tube screamer in front of a high gain amp
get a noise gate
really all you have to do

the 250 is the best od ever made in my opinion

I've been learning tunes off Shallow Grave and have been having a great time. Who are some other folk-y fingerpickers I could look into?

>Adequacy posting trannys
>Kaka posting
>Name and tripfag posting
>Blatant shilling
>Same 4 pedal boards being posted every thread

Remove all this and /gg/ is about 12 posts per day.

>mediocre
>F chord workaround
if you still can't play a barre chord you're not even close to reaching mediocre

A heavy guitar with a thick neck and all kinds of quirks?
Well, I suppose, if you aren't serious about it.

Attached: azunyan.jpg (960x720, 41K)

It's a guitar center exclusive model. Manufacturers do this a lot actually, where they take a fairly high end guitar, remove a pot, change the pickups, and don't solder it for a certain wiring trick, change the finish a bit and make it a guitar center exclusive for a few hundred less. I believe to get their name out there, or because it's in their contract with GC as a distributor.

These are arguably the best guitars you can buy new or used.

the joke is it's hard for new and shitty players to play anything especially complex near the nut because the string tension feels higher there and it's more cramped than any other spot on the fretboard

it comes with an awesome case too. a case like that on its own would be $200, and they're only $999 new

youtube.com/watch?v=rwZBhvIqvog

why the fuck do people accuse gibsons of being overpriced? a guitar like this is a better value than any standard american strat.

how do i learn how to play guitar like on this song

youtube.com/watch?v=EqrdFgL1EZg

They don't have guitar centre in the land of shitposts since dropbears and abbos smashed them all up.

>Buy fuzz pedal
>Develop Parkinson's

Because they can't afford the car needed to drive to guitar center, or the internet needed to visit gutiar center's website and load it in less than five minutes.

in the grand scheme of things, dollar for quality gibsons are priced the same as all other american, european, and japanese made high end guitars and actually dip further down into poorfag affordability than any others while retaining the appropriate brand and made-in-the-first-world stamp.

I thought it was pretty good but just about every musician ive met insults me. Just like all the pretentious fags who replied to you before i did.

GUITAR IS TURNING YOU GAY

does this sound too much like the peppers?

soundcloud.com/wagemage/it-is-like-that

Attached: 20181126_133226.jpg (1200x675, 552K)

Do you ever get emotional while playing guitar?

Only musicians that suck and/or have insecurities about their playing insult other musicians.

to the contrary nobody posts on Yea Forums looking for compliments so you're just giving them what they want if you insult them

if i wanted compliments i'd text my mother

if i wanted bored nerds to pick out the absolute worst attributes of whatever i was doing i'd post it here

Not Fenders, but yeah, you're right.

If I wanted compliments I'd text your mother too

>inb4 fenders are worse

They're the fucking same in terms of craftsmanship, your preferences for tone and ergonomics aside.

>post: "Hey guys check out my new guitar"
>Any other forum:
>Grats on the new axe man i hope you enjoy it
>Nice!
>Hey bro do you like metallica
>looks sweet i had one like that back in the day
>/gg/:
>You fucking retard did you even look at ESPs?
>Should have got a gibson, look, only $900, it's not even expensive
>Nice firewood
>Your mom checks out my new guitar every night if you know what I mean

Attached: XZLwtaLIaDk65bzt57UY_slugsolos1.jpg (500x577, 204K)

well, did you try an ESP before buying whatever shitplank you play?

Attached: taeno.png (349x534, 199K)

sup cunts, i've been looking for a new bass and i've really gotten fixed on getting a solid P bass (pic related), any recs on what to get for under $1500?
keep in mind i love shit like Soundgarden, have small hands and i need to impress fags

Attached: preview.jpg (600x600, 27K)

shop.fender.com/en-US/electric-basses/precision-bass/duff-mckagan-precision-bass/0146500323.html

>he didn't try an ESP

you failed

ESP and Gibson are literally the best guitar brands. Anything else is either custom shop or a compromise.

I didn't say anything about Fenders being bad. I said Fender doesn't charge as high of prices for their US made guitars. Yes, I know Gibby has cheaper priced guitars, but I'm talking about the upper range of the US production models.

I need a custom pickguard for a non-standard guitar
Who will rip me off the least?

The American elites are nearly $2000

It's more like fender doesn't make much that they could justify charging more for because an "authentic" guitar from them is still cheap by design unless you ask their custom shop for something more out there (and unlike gibson they have a real custom shop instead of a custom shop in branding only).

And the Les Paul Customs are nearly 5k

>Set neck
>one large chunk of mahogany
>more wood needed to make it
>more intricate processes applied (chambering), more wiring cavities to carve out instead of one big one and then a whole for the jack
>pickups more expensive, twice as much copper, twice as much winding
>tilted headstock on a one piece neck means it needs still even more wood to be made

Gee I wonder why

Just bought my first ever electric guitar after playing acoustic inconsistently for so long. Why has no one ever mentioned how much more fun electric guitars are?! Electric guitar noob looking for some tips for adding to the fun factor. My setup is a pacifica 112v and a NuX mighty lite.

Attached: 20190708_205505.jpg (3264x2448, 2.49M)

*Hole

Also forget the flame maple caps which fender rarely does. CAPS. Not veneers. CAPS. They use significantly more wood than is necessary just to give it the look.

And binding done by hand

>Gibsons are expensive
Gibsons are fine fucking furniture that functions amazingly as a guitar.

if you already knew how to play guitar why didn't you save your money and get a good one

I got nothing against Gibson, but if they can build the same model, just less flashy, and sell it for 1k, then 5k is ridiculous. That's hand made custom luthery money, not mas produced CNCed money.

You're getting hand made custom luthier quality. And you don't have to buy it if you don't want to. If you want your $5k to be well spent ESP USA has some fancy composite neck-thrus made of several different exotic hardwoods with carbon fiber reinforcement.

>not getting a schecter C-1

yeah, now that's a guitar. great for metal and more. in music you just gotta get the job done, tone comes from the fingers.

Attached: sip.png (1769x602, 414K)

It seems like you're getting defensive for no reason. And it's not handmade luthier quality, it's CNC quality with hand finishing. But yeah, I don't have to buy it, just expressing my opinion. Truth be told, I want a LP Custom, and will probably buy one some day.

Like I mentioned, I had a really inconsistent relationship with playing with the acoustic I have so I want super sure I'd be into an electric guitar which is why I got a pacifica since I've read they're better than a fender for the price. As for the amp, I found that the nux was good enough for the price and size wise, something that would t be a hassle to move around.

Fuck me that was a run-on if I've ever posted one. Please excuse my phoneposting.

post a recording of yourself playing it and we'll talk

>tfw bought the guitar center one with one less knob and the 81/85 pickups even though i could have afforded this and originally budgeted for a $7000 piano

the regret kills me

Attached: hidamari sketch fucking dies.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

anyone ever get the feeling like there is a splinter in your finger but nothing is there? wth is that?

Who are the most influential guitarists of the 21st century and why is it the dude from the black dahlia murder?

Has anyone here played one of these before? It's a Fender Precision Special from the '90s.

Or how about any of these?:
>Rickenbacker 4003
>Fender Precision Plus ("boner" bass)
>Gibson EB
>Fender Jazz Special
>Aria Pro II

Attached: IMG_5149.jpg (640x480, 32K)

No
Just piano

A teeny tiny piece of splintered metal from an old string that should have been changed long ago

I love TBDM but this is just asinine

PS Ryan Knight was the best, probably the biggest influence on my lead playing

Attached: 1460522315753.jpg (675x683, 72K)

Idk dude the new guy is pretty fucking good, it absolutely slams, Ryan was great but some of ever black and especially ritual were meh even though ritual is the album that got me into them

Where are the best places to look for used instruments? Aside from Craigslist and Reverb.

ebay

Hey guys beginner guitarist here.

I bought a shitty SX and amp from a pawnshop just to fuck around on and since then I've been given an old acoustic for free, and my mate had an ESP that he barely touched that he's loaning me.

Is there anything interesting I can do with the sx while I'm learning or should I just leave it be?

>Is there anything interesting I can do with the sx while I'm learning or should I just leave it be?
"anything interesting"

how do i jimmy page

Attached: post-5-0-33293600-1344252414.jpg (504x351, 60K)

Same

It's unplayable because even playing the corniest improv can bring me to tears. So I noodle on guitar instead. Piano is way too direct from brain and fingers to music.

Mad props to pianists for being soulless enough to tough it out

Start ripping off your favorite brands and friends

SSS or HSH player strat?

HH Gibson Les Paul

Attached: bang dream.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

A strat is always SSS. If it's not SSS, it's not a strat.

don’t you get a ton of tonal options with HSH though?

I don’t want a tele so I guess my only other option is a HS jaguar

Play authentic OR ELSE

SSS gives you the most tonal options already, HSH is going blow dick because you're getting rid of the GOAT strat neck pup sound and you're also getting rid of the second best tone which is the neck+middle blend.

The only time I'd put a humbucker on a strat is on the bridge, but because the strat tone pot doesn't effect the bridge pup it is usually too hot to switch between bridge and anything else without a big variance in output/volume

SSS strat is king of versatility... its the most popular guitar and the most popular config for a reason. It does everything. Even metal.

HSH is fine. You can split the humbuckers.

All you lose then is that shitty sounding pole piece stagger volume drop that's a genre specific quirk if there ever was one.

split humbuckers =/= single coil

Split humbucker = literally a single coil pickup.

Not "THE classic fender strat single coil" or anything but it literally is one.

Believe it or not you can want more than vintage tones.

>All you lose then is that shitty sounding pole piece stagger volume drop that's a genre specific quirk if there ever was one.
and a whole bunch of treble

You mean like you would with an overwound single coil with a big ass magnet on the bottom?

Because that's what a split humbucker is?

post an example of a single coil tone that isn't modeled after anything vintage. I dare you. And not with effects, I'm talking about just the pickup tone.

Post it. lets see how good sounds, if such a thing even exists.

exactly
the kind of single coil you find on chinese low-end guitars

>"my modern bicycle has four wheels!"

literally you

>tfw improving every time I play
not gonna kms bruvs
as a matter of fact im gonna learn how to draw so i can paint and im going to quit video games and im going to start reading again too and as soon as my chest heals im going to start working out again
thanks guitar

youtube.com/watch?v=Ugy165V8llk

Sounds fine, better actually. Maybe too smooth for your sweet home alabama cover though.

No, those use few windings of low copper content wire with mystery metal posts and half a fridge magnet.

>dude asks for tonal versatility
>suddenly nonsensical argument like this:
>THAT DOESNT SOUND LIKE A REAL STRAT
>YEAH WELL I LIKE IT

who gives a fuck about real strats

if your truss rod hole is in the headstock it isn't real strat
if your fretboard radius is not 7.25" it's not a real strat
if you have more than 21 frets it's not a real strat

or this if not a strat

Attached: 46359AA1-975A-489A-B6DF-3ED38BAF5984.jpg (853x1280, 265K)

get this instead

Attached: fender mustang MG69.jpg (800x600, 125K)

>implying that truss rod hole, fretboard radius and 21 frets has more to do with your tone than pickups

nice one. stick to your gibson, pal. you deserve the extra weight and muddy tone

>pierces every eardrum in the audience with a single note on the high EEEEEEEEEE
>"yeah, clarity. sparkle. strat, now that's a guitar."

Those jangly sounding guitars are better used as boat paddles. Real instruments have smoother tones. The mud is just your bad playing.

Bros my used $200 acoustic Ibeenhadz sounds like a harp in standard E tuning and I really love it desu

>Sounds fine, better actually.

that vid isn't at all what I asked you to post. Good effort though. Better luck next time.

The muddy tone of the les paul is how bad players hide their shitty technique and articulation. You probably never play clean tones. Typical.

It's a good single coil tone that isn't modeled after anything vintage because it's a split humbucker, which is a single coil, and a good sounding one, you autist.

And whether or not you like a vintage tone, an HSH guitar is more versatile.

There is no muddy tone. That's the gain knob you cranked to hide your mistakes, or your shitty metalhead amp. Humbuckers are perfectly clear. You're confusing clarity for ear piercing treble possibly because you're too dumb to get a job that pays well enough for you to afford a gibson.

>he isn't talented enough to play an ibanez so he argues xbox vs. gamecube and strat vs. les paul on the internet instead of going to gigs

Attached: a_main_TimHenson.jpg (600x600, 100K)

>you're too dumb to get a job that pays well enough for you to afford a gibson.

heh heh heh, keep projecting my friend.

Attached: 20190521_145532.jpg (4032x1960, 1.77M)

>youtube.com/watch?v=vv506z4gbUQ
i don't get it? it just sounds like a regular guitar? it might get lost in the cacophony of rock music like this though, so this guitar is ideal for solo playing.

>youtube.com/watch?v=zXemqki688A
but even though this just sounds way too bright with stronger high mids, it would be heard better over a bassist and drummer, so it's ideal for playing in a rock band.

Thanks, but I like my extended range schecter tele

No tone knob for the bridge was a mistake.

it's an easy mod, you're probably just retarded

You can do anything on your own strat but that doesn't mean you'll never have to listen to someone else's bridge pickup ever again

Why do you own so many guitars when you can't play even one competently? I've seen you posting here the last couple of weeks and you're a beginner at best. Serious question.

Attached: images (2).jpg (284x177, 14K)

you can't either

nobody in this thread is very good except for sithu aye when he's been led here by cute anime girl pictures

just found out lower end gibsons are made from scrap mahogany left over from making the $5000 ones lads

forum.gibson.com/topic/115157-les-paul-studio-bodies-how-many-pieces-are-used/

what a piece of shit company, i'd be fine with two or three pieces of wood for an entry level asian guitar, or a plywood neck for stability on a high end instrument, but not a 2+ piece body on a $1000 LP studio with a transparent finish or anything in that price range that isn't neck-thru

>have a little over a grand to spend
>get an american fender
>one piece body
>get an ibanez prestige
>one piece body
>get a japanese ESP
>one piece body
>get an american PRS
>one piece body
>get five squiers
>each one has a one piece body
>get an american gibson
>5 piece body plus a tone-pube stuck glued between two of the pieces

the tone glue only makes it more authentic

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 68K)

Really? That's your reply? I asked a specific question and you tried dodging it by protecting?

Well you made a mistake because that actually does answer my question. You basically admitted that you live in an insulated fantasy world where nobody can validly criticize you or question your delusions without you trying to deflect. That's all anyone really needs to know. This means that even if you're not consciously aware of the facade you constructed that somewhere in your little broken mind you know where you actually stand and it's painful.

Now I feel sorry for you. You're one of those guys who throws money at his issues until one day it all comes crashing down around them. Get some real help, before it's too late.

Who also /smallhands/ in here?? I'm struggling to even get some basic chords right with my little goblin claws.

>2+ piece body
You mean like 3 pieces, you dummy? Like 2 pieces of mahogany for the back and a 1 piece maple top?

I know though, counting is hard. Never mind thinking.

Attached: LPTD15HYNH1_MAIN_HERO_01.jpg (1400x662, 161K)

I thought Les Pauls traditionally came with a once piece Mahogany back and a two piece bookmatched flame Maple top?

For standards yes. For studios no

Even if a Studio came that way it'd still be 3 piece body minimum. I was just pointing out how the retard can't seem to count.

Just bouhgt a yamaha classical guitar, ive been hammering the d chord and a chord for like an hour. Pretty fun. If i practice like an hour a day how long would it take me to be able to play adeptly

I've basically taught myself how to play by learning a bunch of chords but i still don't feel like a musician, what's the best way to learn how to get the ear for notes and keys and learn about what keys actually are and all that music stuff? I want to improve my writing ability

It depends on the player, user. One hour is fine, but a hour of just doing chords won't get you anywhere. Chords don't make the guitarist.

get a teacher
classical is all about perfect technique

jazzguitarlessons.net/blog/build-chord-melody-3-easy-steps

tfw finally discovering chord melody after 10 years of playing. finally I can be a stronk independent guitarist who don't need no band.

Attached: sheeeit.jpg (500x374, 31K)

you can be just like /prod/

speaking of prod, what's the easiest way to program your own drums? Is there a plugin I can 'obtain' for ableton that does all the work for me?

>what's the easiest way to program your own drums
buying a drum kit and learning to drum

> just buy a drum kit bro

oligarch tier

Is there a way to conceptualise the fretboard so it makes almost as much logical sense as a piano keyboard?

sorry that reply didn't come with any repeating digits so i'm gonna have to ignore it

Attached: 180px-PennLeft.png (180x191, 50K)

isn't that what what the fripp tuning does

Attached: 1446051165705.jpg (325x299, 18K)

Don't you "people" ever feel ashamed? I mean don't you ever read through the kind of asinine shit you post on a regular basis and consider what you could have been and what you have become?

next op edition right there

Thanks for the help I am about to get this as my first since it’s what draws me.
Should be versatile enough I hope but looks fun.

Will I definitely get bridge buzz and can I do anything without having to immediately buy new parts?
Are strings slipping still an issue with new MIM?

Attached: C9DEF60D-9C63-487B-8B1C-5D797B05F893.jpg (587x1600, 198K)

>strings slipping
>an issue
>with any guitar
Learn how to tie your shit.

>the polepiece spacing on the humbucker
lol some dumb spic at Fender ordered the wrong size humbucker in bulk and now they're having to use up the stock.

Attached: 1534364255409.jpg (968x645, 42K)

Will keep in mind.
Fug.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=iVt8am49AaM

is that amp sound or the jag in the clean tones? that treble is disgusting and when I’ve heard it before it sounded alright

kek they ordered it in cream then they didn't have a cover to match for the neck pickup
>the best mexican workmanship money can buy

lighting don’t scare me

Attached: C900244B-2084-4F16-98DE-15CCCC681861.jpg (800x800, 66K)

>still has two different color pickups
kek good luck

fuck man I’ll have to check other store pics
they wouldn’t do that would they?

The humbuckers on the player series are extremely dark

Yeah they sound like shit

Bump(

>when your son says he plays in emo/glam/pop/punk band

FOR ATTACK RIFFS

Don't watch Dawson reviews. Tom Qualey is a wanker without taste and they can't dial in a proper EQ to save their lives.

Why is that a bad thing?

Also in the vid I linked, jags aren’t that trebley right? Gotta be amp

have fun

There's no coilsplit on them by default so they aren't more versatile than a strat. Much to the contrary, the humbuckers on the players models are crap so you'll actually get less than five useable positions

just bought this ibanez rgdix7mpb-sbb with Bare Knuckle Juggernaut pickups.
Really love the sound for less than 1000€.

Anyone got a similar guitar/pickups?

Attached: ibanez.jpg (640x1136, 133K)

what is that finish called?

NEW THREAD

Attached: 1441745885760.jpg (250x233, 7K)

Sorry bud but a superior bread was created 2 seconds earlier.
NEW THREAD
Check the numbers!

>mfw we're going to have to have a thread war and now there will never be peace in /gg/ an' stuff

Attached: image.jpg (190x229, 8K)

I was sincerely trying to be friendly and helpful with my thread.
That's why I linked the most helpful bit of online learning I've come across.

I won't bump the one I made anymore, but I don't know how to delete it either.

Both threads are already shit though.

I can't delete mine either, my IP already changed.

Attached: 4d743f6eb6689b887f09709dbb999f39_crop.jpg (278x236, 9K)

opinions? thoughts?

Attached: $$$.jpg (950x336, 44K)

I don't have small hands but I don't have big hands either. Whenever I get annoyed at difficult shapes I just think about how Django played with two fingers.

nice

wuts moos opinion on the yamaha pacifica

Attached: IMG_6500.jpg (1200x1200, 262K)

it's great

buy a mim

Which Dark Souls boss is this?

Response set two is what everyone wants to day. Response set one is what people say when they're being monitored.

post oxygen tank.

>thinking such a tiny increase in raw material is the main reason for a 3k price tag difference

Nigger for 3k I could buy enough wood and copper to build a garden sized replica of the statue of liberty.

yeah if tom petty sang for the chili peppers