Why is J Cole hated for being too lyrical but not MF DOOM or Wu-Tang?

Why is J Cole hated for being too lyrical but not MF DOOM or Wu-Tang?

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.96M)

because J.Cole is cringe. He basically sucks himself off so much.

>Why is J Cole hated for
what you say afterwards doesn't matter, the reason J Cole is hated is because of his retarded pretentious wewuz fanbase
dude's alright though, too bad

I really hope you're not trying to compare the lyricism of MF DOOM and J. fucking Cole.

and wu tang dont?

i will never understand how j cole became a well-known name lol, all of his music is average at best and is pretentious af

fpbp

they are self aware af.

Whos hated more
J Cole or Lupe Fiasco?

lupe fiasco is actually good

MF DOOM and Wu-Tang rap about fun stuff. J Cole raps about being a virgin and how drugs are bad

>lyrical
>doritos cheetos or fritos
fucking die already

He's hated because his music is less coony and more refined, it's like Kendrick Lamar, people don't think he's hard enough. Modern rap is about the rockstar image more than it is quality of your music. J cole probably has production that rivals kanye imo, but people don't like him because he tries to make conscious hiphop while at the same time trying to appeal to people who like stupid music. J cole is music for "smart" black people, which is a code word for white washed. Because if you're not stupid or belligerent it isn't really rap and it isn't really black enough. It's a form of racial gatekeeping and it works very well.

That phrase has 8 syallbles and all of them rhyme with at least one other syllable, I dare you to come up with a sentence more than 2 syllables where every syllable rhymes. I guarantee you can't do it.

This. He’s culturally white:

Yeah but literally all rap is masturbatory, sucking yourself off is literally 99% of building confidence in your disposition, if you can tell me you like rap where the rapper actually stays humble I can respect your opinion more but I seriously doubt it.

So culturally white artists shouldn't be respected as rappers?

>how drugs are bad
every Danny Brown song ever

>J cole probably has production that rivals kanye imo

i'm not even a kanyefag but this is just bullshit

If you don't believe me listen to sideline story, it's not better than kanye's but it's one of the best I've ever heard, like up there with old tyler

Danny is speaking about his experiences, and handles the topic in a way that is less preachy

>old tyler
>good production

user, you can only post here if you're older than 18.

Who dat boy has some of the best production of any song this century, you're just a pleb dude, and you don't even know it.

he just exudes fakeness. His whole image of a preachy conscious rapper feels more contrived than most industry plants'

DOOM and Wu-Tang have more of a sense of humor/have more character, are more technically skilled, and know how to balance braggadocio with thoughtfulness.

How the fuck is who dat boy old tyler

if every artist were a tv show opening theme, Cole would be Arthur's opening

2/10 bait got me to reply

ITT we are all high on something thats probably on the substance abuse list in the US of fucking niggerA

jcole is too black for the whites and too white for the blacks. trying to mold pop with consciousness. cant have your cake and it too
i like him tho, because im too black for an asian white transgender non smoking thing

>J Cole fan
>posting cringe
it checks out

thats how you bring across a point.

>jcole is too black for the whites
everything is too black for whites, that's why they think they get cred points whenever they consume something featuring a black person
some orphaned middle east guy like kaepernick is too black for white people ffs

Because he’s a pretentious ‘woke’ twat who huffs his own farts

I know people who like Kendrick Lamar but not J Cole

because at least mf doom and wu-tang have decent punchlines, decent beats and aren't too surface level with their introspection. j cole is boring as hell and his lyrics are the equivalent of your dad sitting you down to talk about something serious.

Doom doesn't really preach anything, does he? It sounds more like he's having fun rapping.