Imagine voluntarily giving up control of half your instrument because you're scared others will look down on you for...

Imagine voluntarily giving up control of half your instrument because you're scared others will look down on you for not playing right lmao

Attached: retard_with_cerebral_palsy_and_aids_grip.jpg (535x361, 35K)

what

Autism probably

I don't play drums. Can you elaborate?

His picture is the correct way to hold drumsticks, he thinks hes the only genius who breaks the rules and gets more flexibility by holding them as he pleases

>correct way
But I see two different grips in the OP image.

This combo is the classic "correct" way to hold your sticks

Snare hand its supposed to be different m8

So one grip for smacking plates and another grip for smacking pots? Which one for which and what's the idea behind it?

There is no one "correct" grip, but that grip happens to be called "traditional grip" because it originates from the days of pic related when your drum was tilted and you had to hold your left stick weirdly to compensate. No reason to do it now other than, well, "tradition" and fear of smug elitists like looking down on you.
It's pretty conventional that, with a standard drum kit, you hit the snare drum with your left hand and hi-hats/cymbals with your right. Of course, there is no actual reason that these things require different grips, especially because those aren't the only things you hit on a drum kit.

Attached: 1899px-Sprit_of_'76.2.jpg (1899x2560, 1.6M)

Can you play metal with trad grip?

>mfw the seething matchedfag shows his face at last
I'd say "inb4 tradfags start screeching" but we both know that nobody actually plays instruments on this board.

There is LITERALLY no lick, sound or color that can only be done with matched or with trad. I play mostly trad because I was taught trad and I guarantee I have more chops and better sound quality than a scrub like you. Christ I hate the elitist cunts that surround both grips. It's one of the most arbitrary personal preference decisions that a drummer can make at the start of his career, and as soon as his technique is no longer unadulterated dogshit neither grip has any kind of meaningful limitation on him

Attached: eurobeat stops.gif (400x300, 1.64M)

I've always wanted to learn how to play the drums and if I ever get around to actually learning I think I'd rather learn traditional grip as opposed to matched. Perhaps I'm just being a drum hipster, I dunno.

find your comfort.
if matched feels better why force trad?

I don't want the jazzbois to make fun of me.

I mean sure, if I do try to learn and I just can't do trad comfortably, I'd most likely switch.

that wont stop them desu

They make fun of you because you're bad, not because of your grip. A lot of jazzfags are playing matched or using both these days

I play fucking clarinet, never touched a drum set aside from fucking around, but this nigga knows what's up.

been playing drums for about a year now and it feels intuitive to play either and I find myself swapping just for fun

you dont have to stick with one or the other

dont care, if zach hill holds them wrong then im going to hold them wrong