Recently got into pic related and Plastic Beach. What does Yea Forums think about Gorillaz?

Recently got into pic related and Plastic Beach. What does Yea Forums think about Gorillaz?

Attached: Gorillaz_-_Demon_Days.png (1468x1468, 873K)

the now now is unironically the best

I find it difficult to care about anything other than my fairly large uncut penis

All Alone best song

they're weird. honestly, that's the best way i can put how i feel about them. because on one hand they're a multimedia/music project, on the other they're a completely manufactured band with manufactured origins and fame that almost seems manufactured.
i kinda wonder if their existence could serve as a commentary on the music industry as a whole, as there are plenty of other artists who have their images and 'success-stories' designed/planned by a committee, but the difference is they're not a cartoon.

Demon Days>Self-Titled>Plastic Beach>Now Now>The Fall>Humanz

the are a comfy band for me. very safe. i remember back when i was 12 and saw clint eastwood playing on mtv late at night, and thinking damn i fucking love this!

based retard

OP here. I fucking love November Has Come, White Flag, Last Living Souls, and Stylo

First three albums and related outtakes (G/D Sides) are great, really nothing else that has sounded like them before or since. Went to shit shortly thereafter. Used to believably sound like a fictitious, otherworldly band. Now just a bloated Damon Albarn solo project with a bunch of literally who rap features on nearly every fucking track.
Accurate.

Self titled>g sides>d sides>demon days>plastic beach>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the now now>humanz

Forgot the fall right under plastic beach

plastic beach doesn't deserve this

thanks

I wouldnt even give the worst albums even that much credit. His actual solo stuff at least Everyday Robots was good. Idk about the others havent got to it yet.

Some of his solo stuff is good yeah. Meant it more in the sense that post Plastic Beach doesn't really sound like Gorillaz anymore. Just sounds like Damon trying to keep the Gorillaz thing going but he's lost the magic/novelty.

you are wrong

idk why people dont understand this, great summary. the now now was practically a synthpop load of garbage/solo damon project with two guest artists? fuckin snoop and jamie??

snoop was in plastic beach bruh

Sorry, I don’t listen to anime.

Attached: 205D1D5F-A34A-474A-9EAC-3C9E2F9A10F1.jpg (476x476, 13K)

Why are you sorry?

The original project started as a jab at music producers and mainsteam music and celebrity culture. The concept was that people would have nobody to worship in a virtual band and that being so heavily invested into people who create art and music was silly.

Then in phase 2 they had more overtness in this with their "reject false icons" thing which prompted people to place stickers saying "reject false icons" over celebrities in magazines and other media. If you watch the music video for Rockit they really point it out.

With Demon Days in phase 2 you have an antiwar album but more of a reflection of society where we become decadent, have loss meaning, stripping away individual freedoms. It goes well with the times but the core message of the album can be referenced for anybody struggling at any time. Everybody has had their demon days. But towards the end of demon days we get all of these questions about the state of our lives and our tendancies to fill unhappiness in our lives with cheap inebriations. Hell that's the core message of feel good inc which is masked by poppy remixing. And in the last song in Demon Days we get this message about dealing with stress by numbing ourselves with mainstreamed rubbish like tv and alcohol and instead, being able to pick ourselves up and trying hard tomorrow even if shit sucks rn.

And then in platic beach we get environmentalism which is all and good (and PB is an amazing album) but isn't as recognized or mainstream. Lastly in the Humanz shit we go from reject mainstream media and celebrities in S/T and DD to Gorillaz telling us we need to listen to these celebrities and that its super important. Oddly enough Gorillaz was at its most popular when it was edgy and countercultural and least popular when it was overtly mainstream.

Basically gorillaz got popular because it was fresh and unique and was easily marketable to teens who had never experienced something like this before.

Demon days is a 10/10 album