Overall, was his impact on pop music positive or negative?

Attached: 623DCD49-1838-49DA-B8E1-078A25B2319C.jpg (1080x1440, 138K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kvnwnf9UftA
bbc.com/news/newsbeat-47770982
youtube.com/watch?v=KoDdNS0RYyw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Depends, are you counting From First To Last?

Nonexistent.

Awful

>ruined dubstep for decades to come
fuck this cunt

Negligible.

he had some cool tracks, mostly electro house type stuff, all the fucking reggae bullshit was embarassing though

Make it Bun Dem is his best song tho

>wheres the drop
We need to bash brostep fags

Is dubstep still a thing?

I hate so much how skrillex is what normies imagine dubstep to be

I vote positive because back in my Hot Topic days, FFTL was my shit.

I also got into Aphex Twin around the same time because Sonny said he was inspired by Richard, so there's that too.

He made music louder

Negative but short lasting. Brostep was fucking huge for like 3 years, then in 2014, it instantly vanished.

it hasn't been a thing since '08 but no one told America

Post yfw you realized he has a kingdom hearts name

Attached: 1550539998453.jpg (528x543, 31K)

I occasionally hear white trash highschool kids blasting it when I visit my home town

That’s my market. Nice.

Its uk bass now

me2, mainly b/c I kinda liked Skrillex so I asked for dubstep recommendations and got heady atmospheric dance music and not epic loud noises

not sure if counting from first to last would be positive or negative

this. It was a fad everyone forgot about less than a year after he got popular.

What became known as 'Brostep' was cultural appropriation in it's most toxic capitalistic form.

It's really cool that something so noisey and obnoxious that triggers boomers and metalfags was so popular.

Another garbage EDM producer that had his 15 minutes of fame then promptly disappeared

"15 minutes" nah he was around for a while. I first heard him in 2009 and he was still popular well into 2015.

>yfw kingdom hearts 3 OST contains skrillex
youtube.com/watch?v=Kvnwnf9UftA

Attached: oarsietna.jpg (1450x1450, 114K)

i think he is a good producer and a cool guy :)

Ruined a genre's reputation just as it was getting off the ground.

His music is at least good for something
bbc.com/news/newsbeat-47770982

He brought it to the masses which then ruined it

He came up with a unique style, not his fault millions jumped on the bandwagon instead of being original.

Nero and Chase & Status did mainstream brostep way better than him

He had a massive impact on music. Seemed like every pop song released featured a dubstep drop when he was popular.

Culturally made kids look at their laptops the same way boomers look at their guitars, i think gaming youtubers still use dubstep fot their intros and shiet

He also triggers the fuck out of hipsters
>I only listen to real dubstep like Burial and sKream

If we are counting drumstep producers as brostep, Ephixa is better than Nero or C&S imo.

youtube.com/watch?v=KoDdNS0RYyw

Good
This dude is fucking huge in Latin america and hes not a fucking traitor like tiesto

there is this one mobile game i play and some asian dude keeps uploading the highest tier gameplay with retarded dubstep. its unwatchable. so, yes, some are still on it.

Both of those bands were way more varied than Skrillex and their song don't sound the same.

you missed out the part where that unique style was complete shit

a really talented guy who just happened to make bad music. his influence was positive and as shitty as mainstream "dubstep" was in the us, it really opened doors for a lot of young people to further explore electronic music as a platform