IDLES

Reddit says IDLES is the most important band going right now. Do you agree?

Attached: Untitled.png (943x254, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NnUccaL1vc4
youtube.com/watch?v=gi36-nOSWEw
youtube.com/watch?v=a7or6-7QRog
youtube.com/watch?v=a2Ou6Q2hNXs
nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/mark-words-mods-vs-idles-rock-lost-class-2449055
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Surely that third comment is trolling

Has to be. Even pozzed faggots aren't that pozzed

yeah yeah
>lmao leftism is cringe, oh look they are gay so fucking cringe, MAGA, long live emperor Donald hahaha

Attached: 1561686549535.jpg (5089x3740, 2.68M)

IDLES is important, too many people think conservatism is "counter-culture" they're really sticking it to all chuds by making punk music that is progressive and rebellious! ACAB

No. Fuck white people.

Everyone on that website deserves death. Never seen a more unlikeable bunch of idiots.

Why were you on reddit?

I fucking LOVE Idles!

Attached: Untitled.png (1149x772, 572K)

My gf was in the same boat as you, and I made her come to a show with me. We are now traveling to see them one more time on this tour. I can’t quite explain the energy they bring to the stage, but it’s truly amazing.

It's really really weird to hear things I would normally only expect to hear chanted at a feminist rally being shouted by a white man in a punk rock band. 30 or 40 years ago when conservatism was actually the norm punk rock made sense. In 2019 when progressive liberal ideas are now the establishment it just feels weird, and if I may say...even a little cringey.

For some reason people seem to really love all their worst songs. If you dig past their big hits they don't come off as virtue signalling onions boys nearly as much.

>
roll

I fucking hate Idles

huh?
you gay
and I love idles

literally whos

Watched some live videos of them yesterday. really tight and great instrumentals. crazy and fun to watch. vocals are OK. they could all use a shower

Those lyrics are based as fucked. Incels and nazis can get dabbed on.

this post best post

>Those lyrics are based as fucked. Incels and nazis can get dabbed on.

Attached: 1561820115934.png (454x520, 13K)

Corny middle class guys posing as the working class. Disingenuous. I'm left wing.

rölli peikko

Stone Cold Steve Austin doesn't even have anything to do with coffins. He was just a beer drinking redneck who flipped people off. The fag was probably thinking of the Undertaker when he wrote that because he doesn't actually know anything about wrestling.

People who write inaccurate lyrics about wrestling should be killed.

Based and wrestlingpilled

and exactly HOW do you know what’s going on at reddit, op? mind sharing?

Lmao do you feel attacked basedcel?

only toxic masculine white supremecists like wrestling

You don't know what progressivism is

Stone Cold probably hates faggots. Also
>harry potter
Of course

This band is bonkers live. could care less what the """""message""""""" is

I like GIdle alot but they're not even the most important group in kpop.

>Lmao do you feel attacked basedcel?

Attached: soyboycry.jpg (320x310, 38K)

>We are all about fighting Toxic Masculinity!
>AS I SIGN IN MY DEEP MANLY ANGRY VOICE WITH ANGRY INSTRUMENTATION AND THREATEN TO BEAT YOU UP

wow, never liked idles, now I like them even less.

Is this how schizophrenics perceive simple questions?

this is your brain on soi

Listen to Archers Of Loaf/Hot Snakes if you want totally APOLITICAL noise/art punk/indie rock.
Fuck Idles and fuck Jeff Rosenstocks SJW bullshit.

>BASED
Girl Band
Cloud Nothings
Future of the Left

>Reddit IPA Rock
IDLES
Parquet Courts
Tropical Fuck Storm

>Reddit IPA Rock
top kek

I have a feeling we got the OG LOAFman in the house tonight! Very cool!

Rolls of ph

ASCENDED
>Fat White Family

>fat white family

already 100% Reddit IPA Rock based on name alone

You're the problem

Genuinely and unironically yes.

Samefag

>theyre english white guys making punk music with a progessive message

Attached: 1559601344283.jpg (640x640, 53K)

This.

I like all 6 of those bands, suck my cock

BASED

i know for a fact some members of archers and hot snakes are 100% sjws but it never crosses over into their music.

and op still has yet to answer. every single time.

Hey man what's wrong with Tropical Fuck Storm?

oo shit you get whole row

Good lord, this reeks so much of twitter liberal

Have you listened to their music?

Why do you think that by necessity if you're disinclined to modern leftist politics, you're a Trumpite?

idles are anything but important

FUCK I GET A WHOLE ROW AND COLUMN

idles's lyrics just seem really disingenuous to me and considering how many people have called them out on "working class blackface" it kinda makes sense to me. like somebody trying really hard to say something important instead of just saying what they feel needs to be said. there isn't an idles song that comes anywhere close to something like MGMT's hand it over, which to me is great cause it expresses how a lot of people feel about the current political situation in america. just like this "what the fuck do we do?" kinda thing.

idk man, compared to that idles's songwriting just feels forced

I have no problem with trying to ruin the machoness of rock

Kurt Kobain did that 1000x better and more subtly than these Idles faggots. So have tons of other rock bands

They're so uncreative they just have to go YO FUCK HOMOPHOBES!!!! in their lyrics

>this is a """punk""" band in 2019
what the fuck happened

Attached: 1536648280718.jpg (902x1199, 169K)

I can assure you the greater punk and HC scene in the UK rejects Idles and similar bands for being doofus ass yuppie posers.

Attached: a2482517427_10.jpg (1200x1200, 324K)

If they were really all as anti-masculinity as they said they were, they'd shave their big beards for real

They got attention

My favorite shit in 2019 are masculine presenting dudes with beards who claim they're non-binary and use like he/they or even fucking she/they pronouns.

I think they’re among the most important punk bands in the game right now. I think they mesh the left-wing politics of The Clash and the blistering anger of Sex Pistols and bring it into the 2010s really well. I think the songwriting is really interesting and articulates current social and political issues really well.

THIS

There are heaps of underground bands making cutting edge sound, packing out gigs and getting no mainstream attention.
They also tend to overlap with hip hop artists too.

Spotify is the MTV of our time. It's not quite playing the new sound, but that sound is stewing and starting to bubble out.
Soundcloud and bandcamp might help break that, but ultimately that sound needs to break those playlists and then finally the alternative radio (which still is relevant as I listen to volunteer radio all the time for new stuff).

holy shit does every take soi supplements these days

nice bait there

I just got wrestlingpilled

Fuck you, IDLES are as safe as they come.

A true great modern UK punk album would be a band who speaks what the majority think there, and album saying FUCK ISLAM, and fuck their filthy, misogynistic, homophobic, violent, patriarchal religion that is ruining British culture and basically anywhere it goes.

Being anti-ISLAM is being a true "leftist", as Islam represents everything the left apparently is against (but oh, they're brown so now they have to pretend it's cool)

Hell, that's what the Sex Pistols would literally be singing about today, as all the living members have spoke out against it and how it has impacted Islam

FUCK IDLES, a mouth piece for mainstream media talking points, not actually being risky or changing anything. Fuck you too

The real punk and indie sound started to mix with black metal/ doom gigs? At least in my area.
The "punk" gigs are gay, but the real punk gigs are messy as fuck. Like watch out for lunatics in the pit messy.

memes cant win all your arguments festus

Whats this "new sound" you think? I see a lot of soundcloud rappers palling around with bands like Vein and Turnstile.

They dont actually care, they're just triggered by some shitty band that has deliberately tailored most of their media presence to troll them.

>third comment

Attached: 1382300757303.png (604x453, 51K)

I feel like I'm the only person who hated Joy As An Act Of Resistance, but agrees with its general message

you seem to underestimate redditors. these are the people who actually tried to make chick-fil-a go out of business in 2012

Updated image with a line I forgot plus that kek picture

Attached: Untitled.png (1147x778, 947K)

Yeah a leftist band is a super new and different concept

>memes cant win all your arguments festus

Attached: redditcry.jpg (233x217, 9K)

OMG NO ONE IS AS RACIST CUK MONGERED AS ME SO EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG AND A CUK

Oh boy, wait till you see the kinda shit Yea Forums get triggered by.

Attached: NPCz.jpg (640x534, 65K)

Sleaford Mods‘ frontman Jason Williamson has discussed his dislike for IDLES

>"I thought they were kind of a street band, there were lines like ‘Tarquin’ that would insinuate that they were knocking the middle classes, but it turns out they’re not working class. “That offended me, because I then held the belief that they were appropriating, to a certain degree, a working class voice. Obviously that excelled when the second album came out, and I felt a bit cheated. I also became jaded by this idea that we were a band that was campaigning for social justice, when we’re not, we’re just talking about what’s around us. Music can’t solve political problems. And I think their take on it is cliched, patronising, insulting and mediocre. And that’s why I have a problem with them. I take music seriously, and I’ve come from a place where this music has been created. Without that, we wouldn’t be here. I went through a lot of pain – I understand Idles’ singer has gone through a lot of pain. But I don’t believe their slant on this. I don’t like them at all"

Attached: Untitled.png (657x629, 259K)

I would have been in a similar boat when it came out but since then I've become jaded to the point where I'm pseudo-redpilled so I hate the sound and the politics now

>English white guys making punk music with a progressive message is unique
>having to put with a progressive message after punk music

If Islam is a race does that mean that a white person becoming a Muslim is kind of like doing blackface

based

If their over-the-top liberal progressive messages were talked about ironically by IDLES just like the sound in their music implies, they might be an entertaining band to listen to. Songwriting rarely gets in the way of killer music for me, but it's so abrasively bad it makes it unlistenable.

I KISSED A BOY AND I LIKED IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Attached: hydefoldsigma.png (1000x500, 119K)

He's on point with his criticisms, only it's sad to see Yea Forums like artists just because of politics

Attached: 1477075932016.jpg (328x277, 11K)

he's right

Everyone who isn't a Reddit faggot sees how fake IDLES is

>I'm 100% with Jason Williamson on that band Idles, the last thing our increasingly puritanical culture needs right now is a bunch of self neutering middle class boobs telling us to be nice to immigrants; you might call that art, I call it sententious pedantry.

Attached: Untitled.png (905x822, 748K)

This

Musically speaking, I enjoy three songs from them (I'm Scum, Danny, Great) and they're all at some point ruined by incredibly terrible lyrics.

"Great" especially, I can't get into a song that's telling people of Britain to stop getting mad about Islam. What the fuck?

In case anyone was wondering why so few modern punk acts are right wing.

Attached: 830149572.jpg (1703x1080, 544K)

It's not really properly definable desu. There are some going like stoner rock trip hop, some doom metal with this new doom flavour, there's also this weird garage rock like Chats that seems Gizzard influenced, there's also a lot of alternative rock but more primus less nirvana.

It's stewing, which I think is part of the reason why it's not breaking yet. That's where you kinda need the mainstream industry to come into gigs, have a listen, see if anything hooks immediately and is different. Then it's their job to "establish the genre" and the scope of that sound. Right now it's a sound with no label and is too vague.

There's a lot of occult themes too, because why not when the world is in occult hysteria. That really could get attention.
That said, to many people the occult shit is a laughable abomination and has lost it's sting. People are almost searching for angels nowadays, or just truth (actually that would be the winner - truth). Then there's the whole nihilistic doom thing too. But people are getting tired of doom because they're angry and not sad.

Nah mate, I think they now something is out there because otherwise those gigs would be empty.

i wouldn't like them if their music sounded shitty. but they're good. their sound is a bit like a more modern Big Flame.

They're an inferior version of the Drones.

some people argue that preserving middle-class, white values in an age of apathy, decadence and diversity is counter-culture. i'm not sure how much i agree with it, but if people truly believe that, i won't stop them. but there are better ways to be an activist for that cause than telling trannys, gays and non-whites to commit suicide.

>There are some going like stoner rock trip hop, some doom metal with this new doom flavour
Dooms a very old hat sound at this point, plus its not particularly popular with younger rock fans at the moment. I don't know if you've ever been to a doom gig but its mostly 30+ millennial types now. Doom had its big moment last decade but its fizzled the hell down.

>there's also this weird garage rock like Chats that seems Gizzard influenced

The Chats are just playing Aussie styled 77 punk ala Radio Birdman and The Saints. Not exactly a fresh sound. Don't get me wring, I like a lot of this 70s new wave and punk revival stuff from Aus like them, Amul and the Sniffers, Ausmuteants etc. but its not really original and its pretty niche.

Boring music (I'll at least give Idles that they have some catchy tunes/cool playing) and cringe Fuck Drumpf lyrics

I agree with this.

Because the hardcore scene was where cancel culture was born.

one Reddit person saying something on Reddit is not the same as Reddit saying something. "Reddit" in that context would refer to the official company or whatever

>punk isn't anti-!

Attached: 1502527828129.jpg (310x310, 14K)

Punk rock is for fags anyways.

too many reddits in this post

I think they're pretty great. I like their message of acceptance. I have crippling social anxiety but hardcore and punk scenes always accept me for how I am, overwhelmingly timid and odd.

i think reddit is great and better than Yea Forums a lot of the time (if not all of the time)

>good music
>good message
not sure what the problem is here chief. music is allowed to be political, same as any other type of art. I'm not sure if they're the "most important" whatever that means, but they're pretty good.

they actually play extremely unremarkable music

then fucking stay there

do you have any other punk recs? I'd love to hear some remarkable punk music. not being sarcastic.

if this board had any sense you would be dickriding sleaford mods instead of wasting your energy on shit like idles and billie eilish. unreal how even Yea Forums's music board is now corporate worship

Not him but

Husker Du - Zen Arcade
Zounds - Curse of the Zounds
PIL - Metal Box
Discharge - Why?
Crass - Penis Envy
Rudimentary Peni - Death Church
Amebix - Arise!
Dead Boys - Loud, Young and Snotty

Is that the singer? He looks like someone who plays with his own poop. Filthy toilet seat mustache.

Anything from the last 20 years dude

Says the trips on an user board

thank user. I'll check these out.

HOT SNAKES
youtube.com/watch?v=NnUccaL1vc4
youtube.com/watch?v=gi36-nOSWEw
youtube.com/watch?v=a7or6-7QRog

you

Dawn of Humans - Slurping at the Cosmos Spine
Hank Wood and the Hammerheads - Go Home!
Institute - Catharsis
Iceage - New Brigade
Raspberry Bulbs - Deformed Worship
Exit Order - Seed of Hysteria
Cult Ritual - LP
Coneheads - LP 1
Ceremony - Rohnehert Park

says the phoneposting redditor :^)

And Mexican kids

>he's right

Attached: Pretty+impressive+_027af649cb793888df5492fd1b4a9f01.jpg (898x617, 158K)

Hot Snakes rule but its a bunch of old dudes from Drive Like Jehu keep the torch burning, not new lads making interesting punk.

no i only listen to bladee

woah those are some pretty good recs user.
I'd add in NASTI and Uranium Club (more post-punk but ey theyre great)

ironic.

Have sex.

why are there so many new trips and namefags

Imagine going to see a bunch of sweaty dudes read the ugly girl you went to high school with’s Facebook statuses

:o

Jesus Christ.

blah blah blah middle class blah blah political slant. here's a clue, these dudes are butthurt Idles are better than them musically and put on a more entertaining show. that's it

>Spotify is the MTV of our time.
Yikes.

They’re the top band that the whole ‘performative working class’ balk pisses me off about. You can go to uni from piss all (a la myself and a host of the country) and not be performatively taking issue with austerity. Lovely boys, and I am antsing to see what they do next.

Cloud Nothings are horrible

hey man, very cool post. glad we're friends.

>hey man, very cool post. glad we're friends.

Attached: 1562559122336.png (210x240, 6K)

Id honestly say Car Seat Headrest is more important.

Name 3 other gay mainstream rock bands, if not just 1. No irrelevant bandcamp shit

Typically it's done in association with wanting to "spread the right message" and "being socially/politically consciousnesses" i.e, we think we can appeal to more people by embracing progressive politics and thus get more money, disregarding the actual quality of the characters in favour of "he's black/gay/a tranny and that's what determines their personality."
Oh sorry I meant "REEEEEEEEE FUCK NIGGERS".

No we like lucha libre

;)

conscientious*

it's actually "conscious" ("conscious" is used most of the time, "conscientious" may work there but isn't used as often)

Those lyrics can’t be real
No way

Attached: 71E993D7-BE32-4E8C-BB84-F5505416B328.jpg (200x200, 4K)

The people that say they want music that's anti-mainstream thought are the same ones that complain about lolicore.

No B8.

Based and mandramapilled
Fuck mandrama bandwagoners

Do they even have any anti Trump shit? Or anything about American politics?

roll

Yeah hold your fire man don't shoot
Here come the Oompa Loompa with the nukes
Riding his fly blown drone, like there ain't no one home
With no particular cause except what's here now is his
Comin' like a T-rex with all the confederates
Lined us all up like the alphabet
Refresh my memory again, I can't remember anymore
The plan's we're either going to Mars or war
I heard a lot of promises
(Promises, promises...)

>reddit
lmao shut up nerd

Snail Mail

I second Uranium Club

Conscientious is the more accurate word, conscious would do, but to make the meaning clear it is better to use the former, regardless of its relative obscurity.

I'm pretty sure it's mostly ironic shitposting.
R-right?

wow.
of all the nose blowing masturbatory bullshit ive loved from sleaford mods. this is embarrassing. ill look up the article, but this comment might be deal breakingly stupid. while idles has had phases, they seem pretty authentic and 'sjw is simply stupid - a band sings what it likes. art promotes what it likes. I don't see any struggle that Jason might have gone through that idles didn't.

if shit is a moisturizer do you use too much?

when did he say anything about sjw
kill yourself namefag

rolll

it's a rhyme you fucking nigger

HAHAHAHAHA EVERY FUCKING TIME WHAT THE FUCK IS IT WITH LEFTISTS AND THE SOI FACE TOPKEK

learn to read, dumb cunt.

or if not, don't breed.

what do you expect? a 60 year old lounge singer's opinion is too edgy for these people.

only sensible post itt.

The version of Suicide Invoice on Thunder Down Under is a 10/10 song.

>PARQUET COURTS!!!!!!!!!!
>IDLES!!!!!!!!!!
>PROTOMARTYR!!!!!!!!!!
ITS ABSOLUTELY FUCKING STRANGER THINGS AND SZECHUAN SAUCE-TIER FUCKING EPIC HOW THEY RECYCLED TALKING HEADS FOR THE 50TH TIME!!! FORGET MY DAD IS DEAD AND FRANZ FERDINAND THIS IS WHERE ITS AT!! 35 YEAR OLD MEN IN NEW WAVE BANDS SPEAK DIRECTLY TO THE YOUTH ABOUT HOW TRANSPHOBIA IS NOT COOL!!! F UNNY MEME MAN UNDERWATER IN A SUIT EPIC!!!! IAN CURTIS, SO SAD MY WIFE'S SON WEARS MY JOY DIVISION HOODIE EVERY DAY!! I LOOOOVE THIS MUSIC RICK ITS SO GOOD AND MUSIC FROM 1979 REPRESENTS OUR FUCK BLUMPFDF ZEITGEIST WITH SUCH WITTY AND COMPLEX LYRICS ABOUT POC OPPRESSION!! AOTY!!
>GRETA VAN FLEET
OMG EW HOW COULD YOU RECYCLE LED ZEPPELIN AGAIN LMAO LE WRONG GENERATION /R/LEWRONGGENERATION AMIRITE MORTY???????? HAHA OMG HARD ROCK AND DADROCK IS SO NOT CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED UGH LITERALLY A FUCKING CLONE OF A BAD BAND LOL!!! BUTTROCK. SHITROCK. COCKROCK UGH. CLASSIC UGH BOOMER ROCK UGH

Attached: 1490392164668.png (500x433, 375K)

go tuck your wife's son in

one of my favorite Yea Forums pasta's, good to see it making the rounds again

sorry, snowflake. try harder.

this is like 'virtue signaling - the post' when you don't know what virtue is.

I agree with everything he's saying but the delivery is incredibly poor.
>it's not punk if it doesn't conform to my aesthetic standards
Pile - Dripping
Arab on Radar - Soak the Saddle
The Hospitals - s/t
Sightings - s/t
Midori - Aratamemashite
Black Eyes - Black Eyes
Country Teasers - Satan Is Real Again
Hot Snakes - Audit in Progress
Mutators - Secret Life
The Snobs - Beatniks in the USSR
The Stick Men - Insatiable
Stick Men With Ray Guns - Some People Deserve to Suffer
D.L.I.M.C. - July Cassingle
Sick of Talk - Tour Promo 2016
Dangers - Messy, Isn't It?
Daughters - s/t
Dope Body - Nupping
Gang Wizard - Important Picnic
Girl Band - France 98
Guerilla Toss - Flood Dosed
Hot Garbage - Gut Rot
El Jesus de Magico - s/t
Klaus Kinski - Skelington Horse
Melt-Banana - Fetch
Satanized - Technical Virginity
Structure - s/t (2018)

screen cap me for when he apologizes

>Why are they the most important [band of right now]?
>[Because] They're English white guys making punk music with a progressive message in 2019.
Lmao what the fuck? What kind of reason is that? What's special about english white guys making left-leaning punk music? Why does their white race matter? Why does their english nationality matter? White and english is exatly what makes the absolutely unimportant for any kind of political message.

Attached: D56NyjwV4AAXpFg.jpg (400x400, 5K)

These lyrics aren't the reason that comment is stupid. It's stupid because a few british white guys making punk music is not that important.

Neoliberal boomer-approved

hey its renard

>last sentence
like a 99% chance he's being sarcastic
which isn't the same thing as trolling

this looks like collage campus feminist slam poetry

How much of an insufferable faggot do you have to be to listen to """political""" music?

for some reason the singer gives me a strong "I virtue signal extra hard to hide the fact that I'm a terrible person" vibes.
I'm willing to bet he's a rapist. I'm calling it now, this band will break up when that guy gets accused by multiple women of indecent behaviour or rape

no band is "important"

>Quoting Harry Potter.

>upper middle class yuppies parroting the Guardian are considered important band now
Lmao

Isn't the song White Privilege about refuting the concept?

based
Fuck rightists

Nice r/ChapoTrapHouse meme

Judas Priest

how can you refute something with such strong empirical evidence? i highly doubt they wanted to do that.

>progressive liberal ideas are now the establishment
The UK literally has a conservative government and voted in favour of Brexit - a major nationalist policy. Outside of London, this country isn't even close to being run by progressive liberals.

shit I thought these were joke lyrics made up by reddit

>this is like 'virtue signaling - the post' when you don't know what virtue is.

Attached: 1561237671628.png (785x731, 205K)

anti-EU is not anti-progressive, the working-class voted for brexit after all

>thinking Tories are conservative
Hahahahahahahaha wow

>priviliged middle class white boys larping as working class
sounds like a perfect band for Reddit desu

b&r

I know that they're lyrics are really child like and not very deep, but I like the music and the melodies and they are very entertaining in live.

Basically, I like Idles.

Attached: wassup its me arin.jpg (1695x1693, 946K)

Since when does that mean anything? Being working class =/= being progressive.

... you know what "Tories" is short for right?

>Being working class =/= being progressive.
yikes!

>a progressive message is exactly what we need right now

what planet are these people on.

While the working class can be the only progressive class that doesn't mean that everybody of the working class is progressive.

GO LOAF! GO HOT SNAKES!

One with right-wing governments in charge of the majority of the most powerful nations.
This might come as a shock to you, but autistic pink-haired SJWs screeching their tirades on twitter aren't actually in any real positions of power.

I listened to brainbombs - obey because of this chart. It was 7/10, and I would recommend it. The instrumentation could be mistaken for the stooges, especially the title track. The lyrics are hilarious at times. "Take a child/make it obey/make it beg for its mommy/make it beg for its god/big cock in its tiny ass" and "child rape, yes!" Are lyrics from the title track that are repeated and are so far out there it's funny. The swedish accent makes it even better.

I'm not afraid anymore

Apparently one where we just need a "positive message" to fix the world. This is the demise of the left-liberal. They have no substance in their politics. They have no real philosophy. They don't have a monolithic party that tells them what to think and do. And they believe this senseless individualism is actually a good thing, something to strive for.

>While the working class can be the only progressive class
yeah that's exactly what i was saying

Archers Of Loaf are 100% working class and hey never sold out. Blue collar,lower middle class alcoholic and stoner dive bar punk, 0% sjw s0i garbage.

First song is a mood setter, not anything like the rest of the album

youtube.com/watch?v=a2Ou6Q2hNXs

Best "punk" lyrics of the past 40 years.

Attached: veevee.jpg (1197x1111, 530K)

They're musicians, not politicians. A "positive message" is in their wheelhouse - governmental overhaul isn't.

if punk just means opposing the dominant political way of things then why is conservatism not "punk", punk doesn't have to be disordered.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
LOOOOOOAFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

the conservative party are not conservatives in any sense of the word, they dont have any principles. they are only right in the sense that they are slightly to the right of labour. while every year the overton window creeps to the left.

To be honest what annoys me about the album is nothing to do with the politics but rather that the band is from Bristol (mix of posh industrialized typical southern city w/ industrial elements) yet tries to come off as some gruff northerner to appeal to the traditional Labour supporter-base; like wow you're SOOOO regional and oppressed by rich London bankers despite obviously being a rich hipster, fuck off! I fucking hate new-middle/ middle class people that do a 4-hour shift at Starbucks once and act like it makes them 'working-class' so they can pretend they've been working in the Wigan coal mines for 18 hours a day.

Attached: Seriously.gif (500x480, 1017K)

thats only true for you because right wing is just anything to the right of you, which is probably most governments if you like a band like idles with an ultra puritanical progressive message.

People worry to much about useless things, it sounds good to my ears, all that matters to me

Attached: 1561477481558.jpg (539x685, 223K)

lmao you have literal communist parties in Europe while any party which are not neo-liberal globogomo drones gets labeled as far right

Alright, in their role as musicians they can't do much more than send a message. This is true. But I still disagree with the sentiment that we need " a positive message". That term is too vague. What we need (well, not really "need", but it would be better) is a radical message. We don't need to hear that Trump is bad and that "love is better than hate" again. We don't need to hear that we should all love each other, that everybody should be accepted. If they were serious about being a left-wing political band they would send out a radical message, one about organizing labor against capital, one about agitation, one about gaining state power, more than just a lovely cute postive messages that is appealing to white, middle "class" first worlders.

>Reddit endorses white people
>Yea Forums opposes white people
nani

Roll

Reddit has always been extremely white and pro-white. Their anti-racism is limited to not directly insulting POC and giving them the same rights by law. And that's it. Try arguing that white people shouldn't say the n-word in a default sub and see the downvotes rain on you.

Nigger.

Truth

Role

Why do hipsters who never had to do a truly hard job in their lives love LARPing as working class people? I hate to use the term but this is literally cultural appropriation.

Can you give me a definition of working class?

ppl who live in trailer homes and affordable housing projects
whole family is living paycheck 2 paycheck making $12/hr max
one of the parents needs 2 jobs
credit in the 500s

Based

lol most "hipsters" are working in food service or other service industry jobs. they are working class. it doesnt help anybody by saying oh you should support capitalism because other people are lower class than even you!

>lol most "hipsters" are working in food service or other service industry jobs.
majority come from middle class backgrounds. they got a handout from mommy anytime they want
not working class

depends where you are. often yes young hipsters in art school and such get help from their parents. but ive worked in restaurants and cafes and the majority of my coworkers are some form of "hipster" who work paycheck to paycheck. regardless if they get help from their parents. dont see why that excludes you from being able to criticize the structures of capitalism. pretending like service industry work isnt hard work is a tool of our oppressors to divide the working class. you arent helping anybody by trying to divide the working class

>but ive worked in restaurants and cafes and the majority of my coworkers
ahh this is pointless continuing then. you're basing this on your own personal experience
nvm

what are you basing your point of view from?

He looks like young John C. Reilly on soi lmao

How many artists/bands come from a true working class background? Most of them are already in a privileged well-off position before starting their professional music career.

good stuff but then you put iceage on the list and it's not good stuff anymore

Oasis

he looks like alejandro jodorowski if he overdosed on soi

>How many artists/bands come from a true working class background?
i think this class distinction is problematic. it does no good and is literally a tool of the ruling class to divide the working class and cause us to blame or have distain for one another when really all of our anger should be directed to the class that owns and profits off of everyone elses labor.

never gonna happen
the rich have brought identity politics into this shit
most blue collar workers are hated by society

>(((ruling class)))

Roll

Is this bait? this is not really a proper definition that anybody could work with. If all of this has to apply to a person to be considered working class then the working class is an extreme minority. One of the parents needs 2 jobs? By your own definition if two partners work shitty minimum wage jobs and they live paycheck to paycheck in a small rental apartment in a bad neighborhood they aren't working class. If they make $14 per hour in an area which is more expensive to live in they aren't working class. If everything you said applies but they don't have debt they aren't working class? This has to be bait. Give me a proper definition that one could work with. Something that could be used in a social study. A one sentence definition.

roll

roll

kys wh*teoids and take your wh*teoid soipunk with you.

Idles are pretty fun, they manage to seem sincere in both their energy and their politics. Rock music does seem to be enduring better than I expected, with the likes of them and King Gizz and Fat White Family all releasing some really good shit.

rawl

Everything is political user.

Attached: 2jy24u.jpg (636x773, 32K)

The only true people that count as working class are depressed white men with right wing views, everyone else grew up in some north london guardian bubble and is probably a tranny

Stormzy just headlined Glastonbury.

This is literally it and the establishment and media forget it. No wonder Tommy Robinson et al are on the rise

get fucked faggot lol the guys who are way more successful than you dont buy in to your pea brain worldview

must feel pretty bad

Bases Yea Forumschad. Idles are crinfe

probably not a lot of white people

Rolling

Idles sucks btw

queen

>r*dit
>p*nk
>p*litics
three strikes now fuck off

Attached: 1549459489601.png (612x655, 24K)

roll

>implying there aren’t black people in the working class

Pretty sure he was joking. It's funny because a lot of people here have a very old-fashioned view of "the working class": White men doing hard labour on machines for minimum wage working paycheck to paycheck and in debt, probably dirty in the face, drinking a lot of beer and yelling a lot. Some people here unironically believe that being trans automatically disqualifies someone from being working class. Or being a women. Or being black. Or being gay. Only what fits in the 100 year old stereotype of industrial working class = working class.

this is exactly it
I do often despair at how easily peope on this website fall for petty divisive shit
isn't it obvious to you that the people saying 'ur special because white and male' are just fucking playing you? do you really need to feel so fucking special? I fucking despair I really do

roll

>going on reddit
>running back to Yea Forums to have them make fun of your fellow redditors for you
just stay there please

>basic bitch opinions but in lyrics

Roll

Roll

sure

It's always been a tactic of the right wing. Splitting the working class, creating these ideal images of what it means to be working class in order to exclude as many as possible. Identity politics but the bad kind. Same tactic is used in prisons when prisoners are put against each other so they don't start seeing the guards as a common enemy. Sad to see so many people fall for that.

you can feed them anything as long as you disguise it as freedom of thought, while not even realizing everyone around them is thinking the same thing

seems like fashy trolls have crawled back into their caves a little bit recently and are using the tactic of the globolibs in making their presence known and their disgust registered, before disappearing off and making no real attempt at engagement at all

>Identity politics but the bad kind.
lmao because the left's identity politics totally didn't wreck movements like occupy wallstreet

>it’s real

Attached: 34E022C3-2116-4DA8-AA31-94C644093AF5.jpg (337x275, 33K)

Based

Yea Forums supports the BLACKS

IDLES is the kind of band that some young hot shot at disney co listens to

Mother is a decent song (along with 3 others on Brutalism and maybe 1 on the other)

Left-wing identity politics is good because identity based issues still need to be addressed because they also exist. Race discrimination exists and therefor needs to be addressed. Sex discrimination exists and therefor needs to be addressed. And when the left-wing adresses these issues (note: the left-wing. i am not talking about the neolib "progressives" that also have their hands in this debate) they usually address it in connection with capitalism (for example how discrimination of women helps the supply of cheap female labor in many industries, how women almost exclusively doing all the reproductive labor for no pay keeps capitalism in tact etc.). When the right-wing plays their identity politics it's all about splitting the people into as many groups as possible that hate each other. Creating these fake identities like a "white european identity" which wants to "save its kind of people and culture from the gReAt rePlaCeMenT".

pretty good take my dude

Oh and occupy was probably doomed from the very start because it was basically an anarchist type of organization. Every movement that doesn't have central organizations that leads it but instead is lead by individuals who all attend for different goals and have different priorities is bound to fail. A movement needs a philosophy, a direction, theory, organization and communication, common goals etc. Of course occupy failed. But that's because of it's liberalism.

Neo libs and left wingers might as well be the same thing. I live in NY, so you’re bullshit take is the standard. You’re not being revolutionary.

You’re very wrong about right wingers splitting into smaller groups that hate each other. The left splits into lots of small groups that don’t necessarily hate each other but the right doesn’t even come close to the amount of tribes on the left.

I hope in out lifetime's we'll get to know the glorious feeling of putting hot lead in the back of leftist skulls

Fwiw the right really has only 2 factions these days and it’s liberatard boomers and the tucker Carlson right

I sort of agree, I just think left wing identity politics often lacks a certain honour, as if they are exempt from the rules of the game on account of being right. Its the classic left wing issue of cultish insularity.

What I personally don't get about the proponents of white culture is, where are they? I'm a chuchgoer who helps run folk music and poetry nights at a local cafe. If this isn't white culture, I don't know what is, but the only people I meet at these things are lefties.

If my bullshit take was the standard in NY then you would see quite a huge communist party there. So either you are lying or what happens in NY is all talk but no praxis. And then it's meaningless too.

You’re foregetting another faction. The “idk much about this whole thing, but leftists are more annoying” right

are any of these faggots even working class? they remind me of the upper middle class kids at my school who liked really shitty hardcore music

nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/mark-words-mods-vs-idles-rock-lost-class-2449055

actually a fantastic article on this by the NME
are they going to become patrician again now they don't have print copies to sell?

Left-wing identity politics in 2019 revolves around suitable places for dilation, how we can distribute pronouns, how anyone can curbstomp TERFs for refusing 'girl dick' and how much lolicon can be shared by troons on twitter. Don't kid yourself

idles bastardise punk because they're not singing about things that actually effect their lives like the origins of working class punk but rather a petty political dispute that is completely detached from their actual reality. it's a fucking sideshow. they're clowns.

go outside and talk to people thank you very much

No true working class men would put any of their time into politics of that kind. They’d be too busy working and focusing on more important priorities like feeding their family. Of course IDLES is upper middle class.

Its a rather muddy pool yeah, but there does seem to be an awakening of black consciousness recently, in a good way. These things do matter.

does the whole concept of bohemianism escape you?

I've seen the radical left corrode from the inside over the infighting that your moronic identity politics shit brought with it. I've seen things fall apart because people can no longer stand each other. I've seen entire days wasted over discussing how uncomfortable the word "chick" makes someone feel. I've seen it reach a point where a person breaks their arm by getting pushed down some stairs.

Identity politics unifies nobody. And I can only assume you're a fucking child with very little life experience if you have any faith in it at all.

Women who experience sexual assault can't be working class? Migrants who experience racial discrimination can't be working class?

Identity politics is unironically the left’s downfall.

What do you propose? Women are supposed to not talk about their female-specific issues/discrimination because that "splits the working class"? Women are not supposed to call out misogynist behavior within the party because that would split it?

>the most constructive politics thread on Yea Forums is on a thread about a british punk band

Punk is literally the most explicitly political and the most leftist genre in popular music. And even if punk wasn't usually leftist, do you actually believe that progressivism is the dominant political ideology of 2019? We are still under global neoliberalism/capitalism. Abortion bans were passed in a supposedly developed country this year. America's president is openly racist/sexist/xenophobic. There is a rising tide of white supremacy and fascism that has resulted in innumerable terrorist attacks. The idea that a huge corporations putting black people in leading roles to make money on providing shallow support for an oppressed group means that the world is """too progressive""" (as if that's even a real thing) is fucking laughable.

that article was fucking awful

also takes 3 paragraphs of DUDE LIBERALS ARENT EVIL LMAOOO to even get to his point

>tfw soros planted identity politics and blm in the left to make them non competitive for decades to come

Based.

maybe you should try reading it first

does her bull like to come too?

i don’t see anything contradictory, punk always bring the best political takes

Well, if you read my post, I never mentioned women. Secondly, migrants with college degrees absolutely do not get discriminated against. At least not here in new york. A migrant with no degree and cant speak english is obviously gonna have a hard time finding a great job.

Lmao

antisemitic piece of shit

this desu

You didnt bring up bad points, and in kind if with you until
>the president is racist/homophobic/xenophobic
You just killed your whole schtick by sounding like some cnn news anchor

I don't care what you do with the left. You people are shit. I do what I want now.

If it's legitimate
Migrants are usually petit bourgeois or lumpens by definition. They're usually not evolved enough culturally or economically to be proletarians, so like Marx said, it's best to extirpate them

>seems like fashy trolls have crawled back into their caves a little bit recently and are using the tactic of the globolibs in making their presence known and their disgust registered, before disappearing off and making no real attempt at engagement at all

Like clockwork:

they are the definition of lawful evil

>migrants with college degrees absolutely do not get discriminated against.
fucking lol

Sounds like you split the working class yourself then.

I mean, if you live in arkansas, maybe. But not here on the left wing east coast.

>WAAAAAAAH SOMEONE MICROAGGRESSED ME FOR PUTTING MY 8 YEAR OLD IN A NIQAB
not a legitimate complaint

LMAO. Still the same know-nothing arrogant faggots who tried to lecture me about idpol while I was working minimum wage as a dishwasher.

Just kill yourself. You're a fucking cancer.

We've all worked shit jobs, snowflake.

We can’t cause you retards more harm than you guys cause yourself, what’s the point in trying?

Yeah but not everyone is retarded enough to think idpol will solve anything.

I accept that giving a shit pays a price. I'm almost jealous of you guys sometimes.

thats fine if you're not falling for it yourself
you don't want special treatment for being white, do you?

no, but i don't think existing without needing to dilate is 'special treatment', it's called being sane

example for context?

I don't need special treatment. I converted to Islam and I know that some day Allah will guide my blade through the necks of every degenerate I lay my eyes on.

Wait you are telling me you abondoned all of your principles and quit organizing because someone told you to not say the n-word? And you are now trying to find the reason for being a useless turd to the movement in those instead of yourself? The fact that you casually drop the f-bomb while supposedely being a "leftists" tells me enough. Go wash some dishes lumpen.

Censorship on the internet. This shit is why people arent jumping on the lefty bandwagon as much as u think. Keep shooting yourselves in the foot

You are not that important. You are not needed. There are millions of organized communists around the world and we definitely don't need some entitled whiney brat like you who cries about being critiqued for saying slurs.

Yes, censor me. Censor everyone with a different opinion. Throw me in a concentration camp. Just like hitler

I already mentioned how I saw groups get torn apart and people turning against each other due to idpol. It had nothing to do with wanting to call people "niggers". You're such a god damn idiot if you think people hate leftists now because of some /pol/ brainwashing bullshit.

Do you know that being called out for saying homophobic slurs is not the same as censorship?

Attached: wint.png (621x295, 35K)

you do need to dilate though

Please, lecture people on Yea Forums as to why saying faggot is wrong. Nice twitter capture, shouldve figured you use that bullshit

I'm gay and I call people faggots because I enjoy it. I'm also certain there are black people on Yea Forums who call people niggers. People like to have fun.

And yes. You're a fucking faggot. Kill yourself puritan cuck.

Why should I not lecture? Seems like it's about time someone does.

That doesn't change the fact that it isn't censorship to call out people who use those slurs.

Yes it is. You are an obnoxious censoring cunt. It is what you are no matter what bullshit you tell yourself.

Delete that.

Woah. Not cool. Take these down

Why burden yourself with all this stuff then? What do you get out of it? I understand if you have to because of your friend group or something but if not like get a real hobby

Idles are just Slaves for the Pitchfork crowd

Attached: CS575283-01A-BIG.jpg (700x713, 69K)

>this is what /leftypol/tards actually believe
lmao you are just useful idiots of the estabilishment

I'm pretty sure leftypol is also full of anti-idpol morons

why is it you're in such dire straits?

and slaves are complete poshboys from kent and also their music is wank

its called believing in something bigger than yourself
you all call for a return to traditional values but when it comes down to it you're all cowboys

kent isn't posh mate

They are the definition of champagne socialists