Drum thread that no drummers will post in because no one posts in drum threads

Fucking Gadd with his busted cymbals: youtube.com/watch?v=IIwi6DTP7pw

gotta start somewhere

oh pic you ask? I had this for ages - great pedal. but it got stolen.

Attached: D.TAMA-Vintage-Bass-Pedal.jpg (400x314, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ClQcUyhoxTg
youtube.com/watch?v=0V7pphct7bw&list=PLsPDCTkbgN4juOCa861V0c_O35OUvy_GJ&index=8
youtu.be/6AEewvXzsco
youtube.com/watch?v=4qPSHOTzidw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

haha I am a drummer and posting here lmao

why you gotta make a bro look bad?

sorry :(

Papi

rrrrrrrico?

or chulo?

drummers of Yea Forums I request your opinion
do you like the drums better on the original version of Don't Fear the Reaper
youtube.com/watch?v=ClQcUyhoxTg
or on the Cult Classic version
youtube.com/watch?v=0V7pphct7bw&list=PLsPDCTkbgN4juOCa861V0c_O35OUvy_GJ&index=8

blocked in my country . . .

damn, which one? or both?

classic

REGARDLESS

the drummers of mu thank you for posting

DONT FEAR THE REAPER
just gimme that pussy
DONT FEAR THE REAPER
imma get that pussy
DONT FEAR THE REAPER
lemm pound that pussy
ROMEO AND JULIET
she let me pound the pussy
CMON BABY
make that puss stank
LA LA LA LA LA

any tips for getting grindcore chops up to snuff with people like Adam Jarvis and Brian Harvey?

Yamaha MTX 12 worth it? ... or wait for the next generation?

honestly im surprised how many drum threads on here start with some music like this, and then of course fade into oblivion.

its not really music that captures my attention personally.

but what ive noticed over time, is that this music has some thing in common with the ragtime roots of jazz: PHRASING and FAST HANDS.

so, you need to learn how to recreate a phrase on your kit. then you need to learn phrasing that contains the back beat within it.

and you need to learn how to do variations of sticking where the momentum comes from your fingers primarily with occasional infusions from your arms. practice pinching with individual fingers.

get an r2d2

Lorna

>get an r2d2
kek. I meant DTX 12 ;_;

Im a amateur drummer, practice almost 3 hours at day. I've been doing this since 1 month and im still frustrated because i can't roll the drums so well.
How much time took you all do it?

What kind of rolls are you doing? My doubles are still shit after, I don't know how much time.

Doubles too

check out the moeller method or however you spell it. its what helped me understand how speed and simply letting your sticks fall are connected

you've heard the whole 10,000 hours thing, yeah?

what are you doing for three hours?
where are you really? you've been playing for a month and you are dissatisfied because you arent a rock god? just honestly asking where you are.
rolls - get smooth on the snare, then branch out to a tom or two, just a note or two.
xooo xooo it takes time, so let it take time.

The best tip my teacher taught me is to just relax (which applies to everything). Also, get a feel for how the stick bounces.

honestly, I know moeller is great and should be engaged, in my opinion, early

however, it is entirely unnecessary for basic rock drumming and will not help you roll around the kit. coordination first. musicality always.

good point. i know i had to get coordinated with simple 16th note fills before i get really get moeller

good advice MKULTRA CHAD: SUPERCHRIST PONTIFEX, REVELATOR and LIBERATOR of the BROLETARIAT, SALVATOR PUSSY.

Hey anons, I've been having trouble playing the hi-hat faster in order to play some punk music. Any advice/tips?

Thanks you all for your views. I want to roll as the intro of this
youtu.be/6AEewvXzsco

Yea Forums is giving me reply issues...

on step at a time.

slow tempos with straigt sticking of doubles. do variations. use your arms. then do reguakr alternating.
then do doubles using fingers.
do exercises - use pinkies to fulcrum the stick back down from a bounce, do ring fingers, do middle fingers, do all together.

it involves muscles groups you might not even know about in your arm. as they develop, it all becomes easier.

Attached: 3918eafa2ee7408b63670db6f13d1bd0.jpg (1308x1500, 240K)

well thats a great standard exercise, really

start with alternate sticking nd just speeding up - lots of metronome apps can speed up.

concurrently you need to practice doubles, from slow to fast and get comfy with them. like 10 minutes a day minimum comfy.

then youl knw when to move from alternate sticking to bouncing and thus be able to move smoothly into rolling.

listn to your sample and find the divisions.

it tAKES time, you are rewiring your brain and body. so make the time to practice.

Yeah, i have troubles with the captcha too.
Answering your previous question: i don't have enought time to practice as i want but you're right. Patience. It took me a year to play accurately a F minor in guitar.

Thanks for the tip of alternat the fingers, never tried that.

beautiful

I wasn't hip to fingers til I started to explore moeller, honestly - and achieve a lot without it.

but once I wanted to get more speed and stamina you have to start looking at where the forces come from in your motions.

at some point, going faster, there is no time to move your arm, so it becomes a moeller-esque game of a forceful bounce resulting from forceful flipping from your fingers and it becomes almost a perpetual motion machine.

*I achieved most my full kit and phrasing techniques without it - without moeller.

moeller is for going above and beyond.

It looks good but I don't know how it's going to sound.

3 hours a day, 10 years.

to do what?

Do any of you use your non-dominate hand as much as possible and does it help your drumming? I try for pretty much everything except writing but I can't tell if it has helped my drumming or not. Maybe drumming has helped me in real life...

I recently bought a practice pad and some snare sticks. I haven't played any drums since I was in high school band, and I was god-awful back then.

So now I'm re-learning snare drum technique and practicing every day. I don't really have a reason to, but it's relaxing.

Attached: south-park-s15e07c14-landslide-16x9.jpg (960x540, 68K)

do drumming for drumming. its its own skillset and it involves muscles memory from practicing - so while all body independence might be useful, drumming practice is most useful.

yeah, it feels good. follow it.

intrigued

its a fucking tambourine on a pedal you fucking cuk.

intrigued as in if that shit won't break, also who the fuck does that? just get a feet tambourine

complex answer.
old drummers did whatever the fuck to make the sounds they needed.

easy as fuck to put a tambourine on a pedal. and lord knows how many people had to invent it for themselves.

the TRAP kit is an invention (THANK YOU BLAK PEOPLE).
so its got a lot a of weird evolutionary steps.

drums are odd due to being both very simple and complex.

Would I need a second snare with a small splash cymbal on it to be able to play this beat?
youtube.com/watch?v=4qPSHOTzidw
I love the trashy jungle sound but I have no idea how to get it with my kit.

first you need coordination.
second you need taste
bleh kpop tier

Can a pedal like this be attached to a snare on the floor?

are double pedals a meme?

what isn't a meme?

the retards cant crack abletn thread has more posts . . .

like, torrent te crak wtf?

well, no one really replied . . .

OMG I LOVE DRUM THREADS

OMG IM THE ONLY ONE WHO LOVES DRUM THREADS