Why don’t I like music?

I literally feel subhuman because I don’t find much enjoyment in music. I’ll listen to it when I’m out with friends and Sometimes when I find a song/band I like, Ill listen by myself. I own no songs and have only been to one concert. Why am I like this, I can say I enjoy songs and bands but if I never heard a song again I would be fine. I feel like it stems from my father loving music so much and me hating him. Is there anyway to fix this or should I just accept that I won’t ever be normal?

Attached: 520D9C30-A14C-4B5D-8316-D3F21C1C741F.jpg (900x900, 83K)

You're just not into music, not such a big deal.
If you feel bad about it, that's probably because you're a lonely zoomer that thinks listening to music will make him "cool" and brings him some friends, but it'll not (and I don't say that meanly).

All music is shit, you're just enlightened.

Music is a waste of time. You are truly blessed.

Idk I feel like I’m missing out on a big part of life. A lot of my close friends are really into music and talk about it all the time. They make it seem like it has a insurmountable effect on their lives and that they would die if they didn’t have music anymore. Idk I just feel so weird and different when they talk about it or just sit there quietly enjoying music.

Do you guys actually believe that? Cause I’ve always felt like I’m missing out

for many people music is their most powerful and emotional medium
mainstream TV and blockbusters are shallow in comparison
especially many teens love music so much they make it a part of their identity

Can you really miss out on something that you genuinely don't enjoy much?

Maybe try something other than popular music. I don't know if you've ever listened to anything classical, but just try some of Beethoven's most popular symphonies (5 and 9). You could also listen to some traditional folk music, classic american folk and blues is an easy place to dip your toes in, or you could try something like Le Mystere des Voix Bulgare

listen mate, music is what I do to to find 15 min relaxation after a study session or to relax to after a hard days work.

If you get the same effect by jerking off, browsing reddit or smoking cigg then good for you. My way is not better than yours.

I think so or that at least how I feel and I want to enjoy it but I just cant. Could you imagine not being able to do something 99.9% of the population can do, it really does make me feel subhuman.

you are an idiot, stop trying to give people advice

Maybe you just haven't found the music that you're into.

start grunting and playing the drums on random objects. you'll get the hang of it.

Don't think about it user, your friends are enjoying music, what's the matter ? If listening to some songs don't brings you any feelings, why keep trying to go against that ?
You may have something else (idk, maybe read, draw, etc..) that will brings you those feelings

most of those comments are just memes, dw

Classical is the only genre I’ll tell people I like if they ask me what I like/listen to but again I can say it sounds good but I really don’t get that feeling of enjoyment it seems like other people get.

Because I just feel like I’m missing out on a huge aspect of life. I’ve literally had a girl I was interested in me tell me she like everything else about me but that she wants to be in a relationship with a guy who enjoys music because it means so much to her and she also said it was weird that I can sit in a car ride for 2+ hours in silence

Better, investing all your time in listening to music is a cursed if you are not a musician or have a music related work

You still have some capacity to enjoy music even if you don't go out of your way to listen to it so you're fine. It's the people who can't enjoy music at all and just see (hear?) it as noise that have something wrong with them.

you need to listen to happy sounding music

Nobody cares.

Hey man I love music but fuck music

Who cares

you should listen to as much music as you have time to, like it or not. one day youll be dead.