Are they actually good, innovative and original? Or are they just a meme?

Are they actually good, innovative and original? Or are they just a meme?

Attached: hustlebones.jpg (525x326, 82K)

Meme.

motherfucker just listen god damn

Yes to all

You know the first time I heard them I said "What an original and innovative meme!" Don't know if that helps.

are you new here or something

Somehow they're both. Start off with the money store or bottomless pit if you're trying to get into them.

Addendum: - now that the dust has settled.

>doesnt mention exmillitary

Attached: sal.jpg (225x225, 7K)

nigga forgot exmilitary........

They're good but people use it as a personality trait too much. It's annoying

Death Classic is better

yeah they do

They are GARBAGE.

I personally never enjoyed exmemetery, and it's not really their most accessible work IMO

They're good, they're not innovative or original though. Influential, definitely.

they were quite an acquired taste for me, but their abrasive and industrial approach to hiphop is honestly so fucking good once you get familiar with their style

also probably one of the greatest concerts I've ever been to, the raw energy in their performance is fantastic to experience live

Attached: p2iz5ae6cikz.jpg (640x408, 20K)

In an alternative universe in which the fan base wasn’t actual AIDS, they’d be regarded as a consistent and forward-thinking trio. But in the brutal reality we live in, yes, they’re kind of a meme.

They're totally a meme here, but they're pretty epic

broke a fuckton of ground in the early 2010s. you don't have to like them but you must respect them

Saw them two days ago. They're absolutely transcendent live - felt like i was in an ancient Greek phalanx pushing against an enemy.

you mean you felt gay, but like in a big supportive group of gays?

pretty succint

bump

MADNESS CHAOS IN MY BRAIN

Yes, but only Exmilitary and The Money Store were innovative.

Yes.

GP and NOTM are two of my favourite albums.
GP especially, no other album like it. Makes me feel funny.

I was like 19-20 when they started blowing up with Exmil/TMS so I already thought they were kind of silly and never got into them. They're basically the SOAD of the 2010s though - certainly not bad music and you can appreciate them as an adult, but you can only really love them if you're exposed to them in early adolescence.

If you like rap, start with exmilitary
If you like rock, start with bottomless pit or TMS
If you like electronic, start with NLDW or steroids
If you like anything experimental, start with TPTB

Artificial Death In The West is the best track of the decade.

bump

They're a band only autists from Yea Forums and reddit like. They literally have 0 influence on the greater music scene.

The same can be said of Bach until Mendelssohn reopened the gates.

literally false

started off being the former and ended up becoming the latter

- losing the former?

what

Did they lose the former becoming the latter? Did they lose originality and quality becoming a meme?

based GP poster

they're not original, they just perfected a formula.

Divine Styler, Dalek, B L A C K I E and Neurobeat were all doing DG before DG was doing ''DG''

Attached: 1541794355719.jpg (600x800, 84K)

so many different Soundcloud rappers, mainstream rappers, and underground rappers have credited them as favorites. Tyler, Ski Mask, and Rico Nasty, to name a few. the mere concept of loud, industrial, shouted rap music was unheard of to normies until DG came along, spare 80s/90s stuff like the beastie boys and public enemy.

GP is loveably experimental. it has such a mischievous vibe, like a garden gnome zipping around a dark, dingy forest.

They would have been huge if they dropped their “singer”
You can put on any song and it’s literally ooga booga being yelled in the most obscene way.

ye, you've got the ILY's to disprove your point. they're not ''huge''.

anyone who lists "the money store" as a starter DG album/their favorite is a faggot

Attached: a89cc0a149e5d3e534a386b065496dbcf44f4cacfa0c34903d144d3e97485ec6.jpg (350x350, 39K)

yeah pretty much
also stop talking like a song from the lion king

Considering i was citing you in the majority of my reply, consider yourself Disney'd.

>thinking nigger music is good or original

>thinking mcride is a nigger

are you actually blind

kill your self op.
for science.

kek

Definitely innovative and original, kinda good

fdkkkk

as in that

Attached: IMG_0001.jpg (1409x1410, 658K)