GOTH ROCK / POST-PUNK

Post and discuss goth rock / post-punk in here. That's what this thread is for.

youtube.com/watch?v=LGl_Cn-H05g
youtube.com/watch?v=GPc7b5P4oqI
youtube.com/watch?v=1WiE3OmZ1A0
youtube.com/watch?v=TkJyrK3Grh4
youtube.com/watch?v=0i1xUHBXCUQ

Attached: b4e461471a8f47d1819791b74bb0a1f6.jpg (770x1061, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_kokUHb9zuI
youtube.com/watch?v=8ACckBHsM_s
youtube.com/watch?v=4Lc4bna6XKE
youtube.com/watch?v=Op3tsWHuxFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=r7REhcB2iCY
youtube.com/watch?v=3SXeJ9GfUJo
youtube.com/watch?v=wNG5aPG2xoI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>hey user, wanna go to the Drab Majesty show tonight? C'mon, don't be a pussy.

Attached: 1431240247269.jpg (3035x3932, 2.78M)

Only Lowlife is real.

youtube.com/watch?v=_kokUHb9zuI

bump

Why does Yea Forums hate Drab Majesty? I made ONE thread about them and got called a shill.

>GOTH ROCK / POST-PUNK
remember /dark/ threads from 2015 or so
probably was the same user, drab majesty isn't even on pitchfork or fantano so how would Yea Forums know them

Attached: 1497478900480.jpg (1200x1095, 924K)

I've never seen Drab Majesty dissed on here. Modern Mirror is probably gonna be good but not as good as the VR Sex LP. I imagine Andy got most of the dark shit out of his system and the new album is gonna be all glossy new wave pop.

Yea Forums calls anything they don't recognize shilling. If it isn't top 40 pop, they assume it's your own personal project and you're a shill. That's why this board is so terrible.

>VR Sex LP
Thought that was pretty shit desu, much prefer the three new drab majesty singles

>Thought that was pretty shit desu

I wasn't a fan of the EP but the album is great. It's much nastier and more abrasive, deathrock-type stuff than Drab but the songwriting is as strong as anything he's ever done.
Kinda reminds me of Bowie's low in the way it gets progressively more ambient and experimental as it goes on.

youtube.com/watch?v=8ACckBHsM_s

Still can't get over this tune. It translates a very particular sort of spiritual nadir into music in a way I've yet to hear anyone else do it. You won't understand unless you've been there.

youtube.com/watch?v=4Lc4bna6XKE

God that first Sisters album is so damn good. I always laugh whenever I read that Eldritch hated the production on it, because Floodland sounds like such a generic 80s album production-wise. I suppose it explains though why they never sounded like they did on FLA ever again.

First And Last And Always was the apex of the Sisters as an actual band. By the time Floodland was made the band pretty much became Andrew's solo project. I dig Floodland, I even dig parts of Vision Thing, but the Marx/Addams/Eldritch lineup can't be bested.
And I'll never understand why they though Poison Door was only fit to be a B-side. This should have been a major single.

Attached: 32049b18794e44b48fd0cc659f73bcc9.jpg (770x433, 55K)

Forgot link, here's the superior Peel version:

youtube.com/watch?v=Op3tsWHuxFQ

I love the singles too but I want more of the dark tone VRSEX had

Not a single Chameleons album in an essentials chart is a mistake imo.

Big Electric Cat
youtube.com/watch?v=r7REhcB2iCY

Was there a single band more intense than Killing Joke on the planet in the mid-1980s?

youtube.com/watch?v=3SXeJ9GfUJo

I was going to say the exact same thing about Poison Door. It completely belonged on the album, and was a great track. Good taste, man.

youtube.com/watch?v=wNG5aPG2xoI

I WANT TO TAKE YOU IN MY ARMS
FORGETTING ALL I COULDN'T DO TODAY

Attached: c5c16bdadd8e4f13a061511863909e4f.jpg (770x778, 91K)

Drab Majesty are amazing. 39 by design is just brilliant.