Electronic music is dead...

Electronic music is dead. The entire genre is populated by the worst kind of soulless mediocre entities who are more concerned with creating some kind of puerile “accelerationist” post-ironic vapid persona as if we didn’t already have Warhol et al over half a century ago. Generic beats with regressive, cliche sound design and zero compositional imagination. The most innovative new music of the next decade will see a resurgence of interest in acoustic instruments and a complete abandonment of tired 20th and 21st century genres such as edm and rap, inventing brand new structures and forms.

Attached: 536AF03A-3192-421C-AAB2-286A47678CB8.jpg (554x554, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MtvJFZeRP8g
youtu.be/tuxmJE32dNE
youtu.be/bf9i8EO4OAQ
youtu.be/6twyz8-FOPA
youtu.be/PzE8YXCYkL0
youtu.be/2fb90t0kCT0
youtu.be/sgphhClKVyg
youtube.com/watch?v=4_NpDcrSROo
youtube.com/watch?v=c-57BcVsGqQ
culprate.bandcamp.com/album/deliverance
youtube.com/watch?v=m6uGdnOBNxY
youtube.com/watch?v=WX4ccnj41lk
youtu.be/-kyAucCCiRI
youtu.be/QpHBV03IE9U
youtu.be/9NOSvuR-QeA
youtu.be/FWxuO5YZCMM
youtu.be/Bd44Vjgntvg
youtu.be/6-Sl4rQDICI
youtu.be/BjhwOL9Lrjg
youtu.be/-dAQspnIu-4
youtu.be/DY1s9SmrQRE
youtu.be/HOpxqCIvscU
youtu.be/vLkmuNlgBZI
youtu.be/T0RiF9SKvP8
youtube.com/watch?v=J1vs3Xb7K0o
youtube.com/watch?v=oo-Hfx7ELNc
youtube.com/watch?v=3kF7u3tWlns
youtube.com/watch?v=AsIjyJvhR9A
youtube.com/watch?v=QP1uvEtxJs4
youtube.com/watch?v=Zk-SDreueMw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How much does this guy weigh?

Attached: jingpin.jpg (366x326, 43K)

i dunno

This is so incorrect it hurts
If you really think we’re going acoustic you’re out of your mind
Electronic is the future and it’s currently at an all-time high in artistry

not much as he's mostly plastic

I agree with you on the aesthetics, which do seem to amount to "what if warhol but with internetz" (also unrelated by fuck banksy so much), but you're way off-base about the rest.

Electronic music peaked in 1963 with the original Dr. Who theme by Delia Derbyshire. It’s been downhill ever since.

Based and redpilled

Electronic is the future of the INDUSTRY.

Acoustic, acoustic-derived electric (ie: solidbody guitar, skeleton violin) at the very most, is the future of ART.

These two things, the state of the industry and the state of the craft, are becoming more and more separated as the industry delves deeper into music that only exists to be sold and even normies become aware of it. Electronic production is no longer representing ultimate creative freedom to the youth. It now represents cheap production and disposable "talent" that's just a face for a track anyone could star in. For the price of a DAW you could buy a guitar, but with a DAW you're just like everyone else, and you're just like the "industry plant". And with the guitar, you're a little less common. And that's what matters, right? The CULTURE of music has always been the domain of rebellious young people. Everyone else is an observer and private hobbyist, not a participant. And if they participate they only make an ass of themselves.

Attached: tfw.jpg (239x300, 13K)

>Electronic music is dead
not all. there are tons of sub genres but yeah the more hyped are pretty shit like pic related or the transgreisves like deconstruction club and the likes

Yves Tumor
Arca
Dreamcrusher
MachineGirl
GHE20G0TH1K crew
Night Slugs crew
Fade To Mind Crew
Halcyon Veil crew
Pan crew
Club Chai crew
NAAFI crew
Bala Club crew
Nuxxe Crew
Non Worldwide crew

as long as above artists/labels are around electronic music is very much alive.

electronic music is on the way out desu

youtube.com/watch?v=MtvJFZeRP8g

Attached: cover.png (2000x2000, 1.75M)

You’re projecting an insane amount. Rap will die. Electronic music will still dominate simply because there are so many more possibilities p. People associate acoustic instruments with a dead era. Why go back?

lmfao kill yourself immediately post club faggot

have sex

human evolution has already stopped, while technology will continue advancing on it's own...at a certain point humans will become bored and disinterested by electronic advancements because of it not being in their control. same thing goes for music. extremely simple trap is the thing that resonates the most with the youth today, so in the future, further “regression” wouldn't be much of a suprise.

Based comment

richard d james

They all exemplify the vapid persona(s) op talked about but ok

Stop listening to Spotify playlists and find real music nigger. Obviously you're not going to find anything innovative or exciting from Flume, Disclosure, Hardwell, or any other hacks. Try some popular experimental labels like Hyperdub, Planet Mu, Ninjatune, etc. Try to actually explore a specific genre and dig for the good stuff (dubstep, grime, DnB, techno, etc.). You seriously can't expect to get anything genuinely artistic from a mainstream dance pop producer and his 5+ ghostwriters

>human evolution has already stopped
Found the fascist

how is this fascist in any way? also whats wrong with fascism?

>she

>Hyperdud
Dubstep is two decades old
>Planet Mu
IDM is three decades old
>Ninjatune
Last relevant in the 1990s
>dubstep, grime, DnB, techno, etc.
Tired dance music sub-genres

Sophie ruined Flume, why the fuck is this cunt so popular

>The most innovative new music of the next decade will see a resurgence of interest in acoustic instruments and a complete abandonment of tired 20th and 21st century genres such as edm and rap, inventing brand new structures and forms
people have literally been predicting this for years despite that fact it makes no sense. it's the equivalent to someone in the seventies saying "the kids i'll get tired of this guitar music in no time and then jazz will dominate the airwaves once more". i do agree electronic as we know it could die out like rock but it's such a vague nebulous term i doubt the actual use of digital instrumentals is going anywhere anytime soon. in conclusion this is just a blatant boomber fantasy and trannies and fags are still the leading voice of music now no matter how assblasted you are about it

Attached: 21st century schizoid man.jpg (992x470, 79K)

>clearly doesn’t make music
You know that there’s flawless imitations of acoustic instruments that you can run in a DAW right?

>trannies and fags
There’s not a single hint of transphobia or homophobia in op, why spoil a decent conversation with your disgusting bigotry?

shut up faggot.

there can never be a thread about trans music on here because of misgendering. its a shame its so easy in the english language with gendered pronouns...

shut up faggot.

The Aphex twins' last ep was good

Tbh making good electronic requires having money and being a genius, thats why only Aphex is doing something interesting these days.

The future of electronic is microtonal but there is not really an easy way to do microtonal music on DAWs

fine fair, op dose seem to be making good faith augments but everything else i said still stands. culture dosen't simply go backwards when it get's bored pr stagnant, especially not when it's a technologically driven progression. no one's making black and white silent films today and if they are there certainly not doing it because for some vague "modern hollywood bad" motivation. in fact to continue this analogy, a good motive for making a movie with these archaic techniques would be a focus on purely visual storytelling. the issue with op is that neither the critique of electronic music, that it's mass produced and soulless, or the response, go back to acoustic, really hold up to much scrutiny. Electronic production is every bit as DIY as a band of punks jamming in there garage, in fact you could easily say more so because the producer has complete control and they an unlimited soundscape. now you could complain that this makes it easier (and i would complain you've clearly never spent time with any good sound software) but the qestion is weather it's good not "easy". there as also great rock songs that are written in five minutes and no one complains there lazy everyone seem to Harold them as genus. secondly op is completely out of touch with how popular "electronic" and "acoustic" music are relative to each other. to use a recent personal anecdote last night i was in a three hour drive with my sister who only listens mainstream music playlist off her phone. it was all her stuff and i heard only one song that could really be considered electronic (Happier by Marshmello) and shit ton that still had acoustic guitars and more rock instrumentals (mostly country and early 2000's pop punk). we still have more acoustic pop stars like Ed Sherran, Adele, Charlie Puth, while artist like Sophie, Arca or even Flume would struggle to get even a sliver of that commercial success, especially without a guest vocalist.
(cont bellow)

>electronic music
>one genre
You opinion is actually worthless.

people are always going to want there sappy acoustic love songs and there's nothing wrong with that. but even on the alternative scene rock still dominates and acts as many people's introduction to serious music in general with any new listeners becoming obsessed with classic rock and alot of that retro sensibility even leaking into the mainstream (see the several neo soul type albums that blew up a few years ago). and finally i think the real last leap electronic music needs to make to enter popular conciseness is one of style and structure. this is what the whole bubble gum bass movement is trying to change so i can see where OP is coming from in that regard however the divide in terms of accessibility is still there. getting people to listen to an ambient instrumental track for seven minutes is still a very tough sell whereas a simple three chord guitar ballad get your attention instantly.

okay now i'm done

sophie is a woman

Lmaaaaooooooo

Explain how you're going to do anything artistically innovative with only acoustic/electroacoustic instruments after over a century of artists pushing them to their limits. At best it'll be a rehashing of older styles, interesting only because of its juxtaposition against the modern world. Dixieland jazz songs about the Singularity or some shit.

Something new from this guy would be nice.

Attached: 3F62B692-8D02-4AB3-BFA6-B16EDEC6AC8B.jpg (277x498, 21K)

We should be making music for the future rather than for now
It's addictive trying to make money in the short term but when your music is forgettable, it's hard to keep the recurrent listener spending attached over decades

Based and redpilled

why? ryan gosling cant make good music

sophie is a woman

People got tired of
>DOOD MUSIC THAT'S DEEP AND WITH, LIKE, A MESSAGE, MAN
decades ago and it's unlikely they're gonna stop being tired of it anytime soon. Say what you will about the "vapid personas" of modern artists but the music they make is a hell of a lot more interesting than any strummy singer-songwriter tripe from the 90's

Even with makeup he still looks like a manjawed tranny. What a waste.

There has been loads of creative/ innovative electronic music recently. Sophie being one of them.
youtu.be/tuxmJE32dNE
youtu.be/bf9i8EO4OAQ
youtu.be/6twyz8-FOPA
youtu.be/PzE8YXCYkL0
youtu.be/2fb90t0kCT0

Attached: stockhausen.jpg (190x253, 7K)

Lmaaaooooo lol lmao

also this
youtu.be/sgphhClKVyg

>woman

nigger we talkin bout the future of music, not yo current tastes bitch.

OP said electronic music is dead so I sent him creative electronic music.

>"aesthetics"
>thinks warhol is about visuals

Read a book. Or a wiki article ffs. SOPHIE has nothing to do with warhol

based pick, new stuff coming soon he's been playing new music live for a few months.

none of them are really “creative”...it's kinda like how prog rock is literally named “progressive” but none of the “prog rock” made today is experimental or cutting edge. it has become stale because the “progression” was linear within the confines of the genre ― if it was actually progressive then people would bicker about needing a new genre name...fucking retards. it was too self referencial, it ate itself up. people will eventually get bored of synthetic sounds...not because the full potential has been met, but because the progression was linear. something more fundamental needs to change and i don't think using some random music software will inspire that.

And what is your solution?

But people do bicker about needing a new genre name. Some people want to call it "post club" or "deconstructed club" but that's clown shit and in the broader sense subgenres for electronic music is a retarded concept. There's fundamental diversity in "electronic music" that makes genre classification a pointless task. All you've shown is that you don't understand the slightest thing about electronic music.

wdym none of them are creative? And yes, most prog is not interesting these days. But neither were the majority of prog bands. Not all of them made original albums. And most of the ones that did made original music on the same level as some of the example I posted.

Originality comes from reinterpretation, taking old ideas into new contexts. Music evolution is generally linear. Change is slow.

Great to hear

best lads ITT

Attached: aphex01.jpg (500x500, 31K)

Maybe stop listening to degenerate trap or edm music.
>MUH LOUD DISTORTED 808S = GOOD
cringe
Listen to actual good artists instead like KOAN Sound
youtube.com/watch?v=4_NpDcrSROo
youtube.com/watch?v=c-57BcVsGqQ

Attached: dgh.jpg (250x140, 5K)

culprate.bandcamp.com/album/deliverance
If you're going in this direction go with deliverance. It's like KOAN sound but less corny

>like KOAN sound but less corny
whats that supposed to mean? i also dont think the album sounds like koan sound
i like acid rain tho
youtube.com/watch?v=m6uGdnOBNxY

microtones sound very alien to get popular and it dosent add anything new

youtube.com/watch?v=WX4ccnj41lk

Attached: 1553018158063.gif (800x450, 2.59M)

The whole "let's do the early 2010's edm sound design flexing but add real instruments and slightly more interesting compositions" thing. I think deliverance just pulls it off a lot better than anything KOAN have done

thats some pure fucking garbage. sounds like someone was playing around in fl studio after a few tutorials.

it may be "better" production wise but overall i like koan sound more than culprate

A few of these are shit but don't do clarence clarity dirty like that.

Your whole list is precisely the shit OP is talking about. Are you daft or is that the point?

just bc yall and OP think SOPHIE is the -face- of electronic music rn doesn't mean she's a representative of the genre as a whole.

theres a good amount of queer black and poc based artists i named and on these labels that have way more personality and relatability than most musicians ever mentioned on this board.

NON and GHE20G0TH1K is enough for me to disregard anything that you have to say.

>listening to music from gay niggers
yikes

lmao do you even listen to these labels???
or are you just in contration mode rn

I listened to that one Chino Amobi album and a couple of GHE20G0TH1K mixes and I hated every second of it.

>one chino amobi album
>cant name the dj on said GHE20GOTH1K mixes
you literally dont have the range for this convo sweetheart.

>sweetheart
Yep we're done here.

Aphex been doing microtonal music since the 90s, he knows how to use it, it doesnt sound alien and it really changes sound

Hyperdub is way beyond dubstep man, they've been pushing all kinds of music, and same with Planet Mu. Lots of modern trappy-style (but good) music from Sami Baha, Silk road Assassins, Kode9, DJ Taye, Fatima al Qadiri, etc. Dubstep is still pretty active and quite fresh sounding, check out labels like White Peach, Innamind, System, Sentry, or heaps more. Grime even moreso, producers like Drone, Bengal Sound, Hi5ghost, Kahn + Neek, etc. are still fresh. I don't know what you listen to but you're keeping yourself ignorant if you think all these genres and labels are dead

DILATE SEETHING TRANNY

>whats wrong with fascism?

yikes

have sex

Attached: DqZ5MedW4AUaE6t.jpg (1120x1119, 203K)

Nazis don't exist anymore lol

Some real smooth brained takes here in this thread. Electronica is still alive and well and is only growing in creativity and execution--but not in America. The future of electronic music lies in Europe, just as it always has.

youtu.be/-kyAucCCiRI
youtu.be/QpHBV03IE9U
youtu.be/9NOSvuR-QeA
youtu.be/FWxuO5YZCMM
youtu.be/Bd44Vjgntvg

Seriously, quit listening to the most popular garbage that there is.

Attached: sebastian_3er_lanzamiento_900x528.jpg (1600x939, 460K)

had this on loop for the past few days. how did he do it

Attached: c87.jpg (1003x767, 95K)

It's not that artists are shit, user. It's just that you're listening to the wrong artists. Now fuck off :^)

Damn, pretty good groove

Attached: 21DA8DF7-29D7-4515-A8C1-726C5BD179D8.gif (256x192, 1.48M)

bleeps are dead and idpol killed it. surprise surprise
funny how people keep parroting the idea that dance music is an LGBT creation, when if anything, they've ruined dance music and made the scene tremendously less inclusive

*blocks your path*

Attached: A8497CC4-139F-4210-A88B-72FC4BD9B109.jpg (1200x1200, 228K)

dance music is an lgbt creation

I mean it goes way back to throbbing gristle, at least they made good music

As much as it hurts acoustic music will never come back, electronic music and hip hop will dominate the charts and music journalism like rock music did for decades.

blame PC music for it
SOPHIE is actually good tho

You might not have good taste or just dont look enough for the good shit. Electronic music is too easy to produce by one person now so the established (((industry))) cant really contract artists to "record" an album that they can take a majority cut from, so you wont see much of it being pushed in social media ads. Through digging Ive found many soundcloud folks with great works but nobody knows about them cus they just produce it and throw it up online among countless others. In actuality its probably quietly revolutionizing music as a whole as we can just diy music now. Were probably actually nearing an ai that can scan our libraries and make new music for us.

>But people do bicker about needing a new genre name. Some people want to call it "post club" or "deconstructed club" but that's clown shit and in the broader sense subgenres for electronic music is a retarded concept.
so you agree then
>There's fundamental diversity in "electronic music"
yes, and there is stagnation within those certain diversities. have you ever read the slogan for warp records? “post genre music” or something...i like that sentiment quite a lot, but i would like “post music” a bit more.
>All you've shown is that you don't understand the slightest thing about electronic music.
yes, and that's basically the point. would you really want to “understand” art like that? because if you did, that would either mean art is boring and shallow as fuck, or your understanding of it is boring and shallow as fuck. those genre stereotypes and recurring/regurgitated themes and sounds, your stifling of creativity due to your “understanding” of it. like i said, something more fundamental needs to change.
>wdym none of them are creative?
i just told you...i just fucking told you.
>And yes, most prog is not interesting these days. But neither were the majority of prog bands. Not all of them made original albums.
so we agree then
>Originality comes from reinterpretation, taking old ideas into new contexts.
yes, but you could take a spaceship and fly it into outerspace, while most music is just taking one step forward. on the other hand, you could go back one step, or a couple million steps. the latter being more fresh and original because of it being played in the context of current year, hence OPs point about acoustic instruments being the next thing.
>Music evolution is generally linear. Change is slow.
yes, and that's boring. that's my whole fucking point.

>yikes
>have sex
NORMIES GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EDM has too much femine energy in it now. Unironically the last real creative dance album was Skrillexs first album and you still have his disciples desperate to out do him while he moved on long ago. Since then (2012+)the gay agenda has made it impossible to go in more aggressive and raw directions and even the most “aggressive” producers are forced to wear rainbows and shill for commie propaganda. Another problem is the Dutch stranglehold on the festival and label scene but that is a different topic entirely.

kill yourself immediately

no you, faggot.

lol r/wooosh fren.
EDIT: thanks for the gold!!!!

Edit 2: fornt page wooohh!!!!! happy cake day to meeee1!

>Unironically the last real creative dance album was Skrillexs first album
holy shit man, this is the most retarded thing i've ever read on here. christ. follow the advice of the other user as soon as possible

Attached: 1551477072929.jpg (337x404, 43K)

why are you here? why Yea Forums? why not reddit?

i don't get it

Did I upset your low T sensibilities? You have nothing to add to this conversation so you decided to show off your estrogen addled female arguments. This only reinforces my first sentence.

/why are you here? why Yea Forums? why not /pol/?

What other album had this much of an impact within the past 10 years? Some soulless armin van buuren trance pop shit compilation? Go listen to some sets from any EDM festival this summer... half of it is still following his lead and the other is the worst parts of swedish house mafia coupled with some skinny eurofag pretending he’s tough for wearing an asian mouth mask.

go back to your containment board

Why are you on Yea Forums? Why not just go to stormfront.org or somethin

we're not discussing impact, we're discussing "the last real creative dance album". i dont give a shit what the masses are eating up these days because dubstep was always destined to be a soulless genre in the first place. we're talking about creativity.

here's some amazing dance albums that came afterward skrillex's freshman lp:
boys noize - mayday youtu.be/6-Sl4rQDICI
digitalism - mirage youtu.be/BjhwOL9Lrjg
justice - woman world wide youtu.be/-dAQspnIu-4
carpenter brut - trilogy youtu.be/DY1s9SmrQRE
madeon - adventure youtu.be/HOpxqCIvscU

im offering you a deal here, if you dont like based gay hating and tranny bashing alongside good music, then get the fuck off my board. i guarantee you you will be happier being on reddit, twitter, or wherever else. there is no need for you to be anonymous to speak your mind, your ideas are not being persecuted anywhere else. i PROMISE you things will be better once you leave Yea Forums.

you're a fucking retard man

this the weakest shit I seen all day.
I read an "anti woke left" article earlier and this still wins.

im negotiating a deal here...you think these faggots are gonna go away if we just go hard on em? it hasnt fucking worked yet and Yea Forums is a shithole because of it. atleast im trying. do your fucking part nigger

>/pol/
>so what do you guys think of electronic music and the future of music in general?
yeah, no. fuck off faggot.

fuck you
im a black queer nigger on Yea Forums who doesn't stand for shit like that.

fuck your negotiation, take it to /pol/

off topic and extremely low quality post.
>so what's the deal with music?

Flume ruined himself, he was always a hack.

Please go away you have literally nothing of interest to offer anyone here

sophie is a woman

>Please go away you have literally nothing of interest to offer anyone here
Please go away you have literally nothing of interest to offer anyone here
>whoa guys, ever heard of this thing called music?

yeahight both you niggas corny af

Attached: yeahight.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

based art donovan poster

a woman who can not give birth is not a woman, but a burden. if society had its priorities straight and valued birth more than accommodating mental illness for the sake of attention, then “people” like this would be killed.

sophie is a woman

have sex

mah nigga

and women are worthless without functional ovaries. killing yourself would essentially be the same thing.
>what even is music?

dilate

Saw Sophie live and it was fucking amazing, meanwhile her studio shit is a pile of garbage. Not fair bros, Whole New World build-up and sound was so much better than the studio version

Ok, we can make this very easy. Does this person have a XX or XY chromosomes?
Or is there an extra one like half of the posters in thread?

You're projecting because you learned guitar but DAWs confuse you

Future is Cybergrind. There's never enough Cybergrind.

This entire thread is full of pansies lol

youtu.be/vLkmuNlgBZI

Here's your robot music faggots. Suck on this amazing, juicy, succulent underground 300 iq synth music for true einsteins.

Attached: bug fact's.jpg (717x717, 66K)

The nazis weren't true national socialists. Real fascism hasn't been tried.

This is even dumber than communists saying the same thing

People still listen to deathstep?!

The actual forefront of electronica
>youtu.be/T0RiF9SKvP8

>Electronic music is dead.
Wrong
>The entire genre is populated by the worst kind of soulless mediocre entities who are more concerned with creating some kind of puerile “accelerationist” post-ironic vapid persona as if we didn’t already have Warhol et al over half a century ago. Generic beats with regressive, cliche sound design and zero compositional imagination.
Partly right
>The most innovative new music of the next decade will see a resurgence of interest in acoustic instruments and a complete abandonment of tired 20th and 21st century genres such as edm and rap, inventing brand new structures and forms.
Probably wrong

t. rockist

Composing is a lost art.
Listening to factory made easy-to-get-to-market pop and electronic for the compositional strategies is like going to McDonalds for the caviar.
Children's music has always been children's music. Ignore it.

Go to bed newfag.

this thread is filled with people who doesn’t know anything about music and only view it from a consumer perspective

Dear god you're a cringy faggot. Head back to r/thedonald or wherever you cunts have been coming from for the last couple of years.

he peaked with jeffer and yeah
i wish he'd go back to that style

>thinking telling people to go back will do shit
I've been telling your types to fuck off for more than 10 years and yet you're still here.

I wonder how many years or decades more it'll take for Americans to realize that electronic isn't a genre.

youtube.com/watch?v=J1vs3Xb7K0o
youtube.com/watch?v=oo-Hfx7ELNc
youtube.com/watch?v=3kF7u3tWlns
youtube.com/watch?v=AsIjyJvhR9A
youtube.com/watch?v=QP1uvEtxJs4

im talking about BN
he used to make really cool tracks like this youtube.com/watch?v=Zk-SDreueMw
but he fell for the loud distorted 808s meme back in 2014

sophie is a man

based

Uh oh...

Attached: BB.jpg (700x700, 114K)

I was with this guy until he started talking about the guitar like it’s some unappreciated gem

Why would you post this

6/10 bait here m8
Could try harder to hide it, but you got the response

sophie is a woman

>woman

TRANNY TRANNY IS A MANNY

TRANNY TRANNY IS A MANNY

TRANNY TRANNY IS A MANNY

TRANNY TRANNY IS A MANNY

TRANNY TRANNY IS A MANNY

Shh cool your autism, spergo. There are grown ups talking here.

composing>>>>>powergap>>>>>producing

What's a spergo? Is that your mom's pet name for your 3 incher?

Holy fuck, look at the jaw on that thing. Looks like Richard Kiel in a wig.

Attached: 1561147559815.jpg (304x405, 21K)

they're literally the same thing