What did they mean by this?

What did they mean by this?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 8.12.28 PM.png (299x467, 227K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MCzTXmKFnnE
youtube.com/watch?v=CDFiWl8g1tE
youtu.be/_vLeDzvd3cw
youtube.com/watch?v=JzhHXXh9J24
youtube.com/watch?v=mednELMS9vI
youtube.com/watch?v=QixmVUlWizY
youtube.com/watch?v=uSDx9uP23EA
youtube.com/watch?v=6qTPl5Do8mQ
youtube.com/watch?v=UA2UneiDCss
youtube.com/watch?v=kRYAi2rO0bQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-FBmYOB9WkA
youtube.com/watch?v=XdQCb807jdE
youtube.com/watch?v=-3E4A5jduF0
youtube.com/watch?v=3aatEBIZHNU
youtube.com/watch?v=TDe1DqxwJoc
youtube.com/watch?v=BJKpUH2kJQg
youtube.com/watch?v=LJzCYSdrHMI
youtube.com/watch?v=3nWJQStqrfw
youtube.com/watch?v=rl2Jv4dzFqg
youtube.com/watch?v=ppmUdn6GUXQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

based morally superior wal-mart

Explains these ads I guess

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 8.15.17 PM.png (540x428, 216K)

Nobody even remembers this album though

Has some good songs on it.

Yeah and some real shit ones too

youtube.com/watch?v=MCzTXmKFnnE

What the FUCK did he mean by this?

They needed more room for their staff's Christmas album

>the pan over to liam in a CIA stance 10 feet away from the interviewer

This is the most awkward thing I've seen.

Who the fuck decided that Liam Gallagher needed to be on TRL in the year 2000?

Better him than Eminem and Fred Durst desu

Fuck Oasis. Overrated trash.

They had exactly 2 hits and 2 quasi-hit. Wonderwall is admittedly great and Champagne Supernova was pretty good, but too long. Don't Look Back in Anger sucked and it was one of those songs that they tried to push as the next big radio hit and people didn't like it so they stopped after like a month, but it still ended up making a decent impression on people from that era. There was also Live Forever which was played a bunch on rock stations about six months before Wonderwall came out. That was okay too, I guess, but pretty unremarkable and most people who might be familiar with it wouldn't even identify it as an Oasis song like they would with the others. But all their other material was completely forgettable. Even the best stuff was not exactly bad, but not good either and the worst of it was just irritating and utter crap.

And those 4 were basically the *only* that got any realy airplay (there WERE a few songs that the label pushed to radio but flopped so hard so quickly that literally nobody remembers them), but from like 95/96-98, they got a ton of it. But lets be real, all that hype and all that play was not warranted. They had very little talent or charisma or ability at all.

I even had one album (whatever Wonderwall was on), which was mostly mediocre aside from the songs I knew from the radio and listened to another, which was so bad I turned it off after like 20 minutes. For the Gallagher brothers saying they were like the new Beatles, that's a majorly egotistical and untrue statement.... The brothers were just fucking annoying as hell, always fighting and shit. You could never understand them in interviews, MTV always ran it with subtitles, but it was still mostly gibberish.

>"the fourth Oasis album, Standing On The Shoulder..."
>"rubbish"

>"the cover of the album, New York skyline..."
>"yeah I thought I'd pay respect innit, before they blow you up innit, yeah" *wipes nose*
>"yeah..."

what an absolute lad

The tail end of Oasis getting shilled by Sony in America. Despite the fact that people realized Oasis were a one trick pony back in '96 and then the follow-up album was garbage (which sold a million copies initially and then all got donated to Goodwill and shit soon after), Sony was still convinced they could break Oasis here.

Thanks to payola, Oasis got the bare minimum of guaranteed play time on MTV and rock radio in the two weeks before the album came out but again it wasn't a hit because it was mostly in the overnight hours when less people were tuned in and after that two weeks it was totally dropped like a rock (when obviously the Limp Bizkit and Korn and Eminem crowd didn't give a fuck about a band from 1995 making music that was far worse than their mediocre, nostalgia-ridden peak). Running ads for it and putting it for sale in big box stores wouldn't save it. This album was a flop even compared to the flop they had before trying to follow up the Wonderwall album. They dropped from 5 million sales to like 200,000 in a couple years.

SLIDE AWAAAAAAAY

Attached: 1556128199560.png (662x764, 220K)

Wal-Mart doesn't allow music with profanity in their stores.

Say what you want about Shoulders but this is a top 10 Oasis tune.

youtube.com/watch?v=CDFiWl8g1tE

Like... at all? I feel like I see rap shit in there all the time. Or like post-grunge buttrock metal shit. Surely that has cuss words in it and stuff.

BASED

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-07 at 3.42.19 AM.png (603x326, 83K)

I'm not American so I don't know if this is still the case, but artists were forced to release censored versions of their albums if they wanted them to be sold in Wal-Mart

I feel like there was an edited version because the first track (which has fuck in a spoken word sample) got a fair amount of college radio play

Liam Gallagher is a legend

always will be

one of the last great rockstars

agreed

imagine being this much of a loser

As you were, Liam

shhhhhh

nobody cares about your shit opinion

hahahahahaha that's actually funny

truly based

lets do loads of class A drugs

I lived through this era man. How old are you, huh?

get fucked you gayboys

Attached: gala.jpg (920x610, 63K)

HOPE YOU'RE 'AVING A GREAT TIME AND YOU KNOW YOU'RE HAVING A SHIT TIME YOU'RE ALL TOO SCARED TO SAY IT THOUGH MATE

Embarrassing haircut desu, like most of his post-'98 styles. Glad he's cut it short these days.

>VMA audience eternally BTFO

If you look closely in the video, he tosses his beer can into the crowd at the end too

that's completely irrelevant retard.

> you weren't around when Beethoven was big, you just don't get it

Oasis has tons of classic songs that aged like wine. Morning Glory is a perfect album from beginning to end. and you completely ignored Be Here Now. that's a fucking banger too. even Standing on the Shoulders is good. and completely overlooked. I can't believe there's someone who is this much of a pedestrian on mu.

>Morning Glory is a perfect album from beginning to end. and you completely ignored Be Here Now. that's a fucking banger too. even Standing on the Shoulders is good. and completely overlooked
I ignored it just like 99% of people did because it wasn't relevant, wasn't acclaimed, and wasn't good.

>that aged like wine
you mean vinegar, right lol

never forget Liam's greatest moment

youtu.be/_vLeDzvd3cw

what a fucking chad

also he doesn't thank Noel hahaha

The relative failure of BHN has to be the best thing that ever happened to The Verve and the Manic Street Preachers. A vacuum was left for a new "people's band" and they were there there at the best possible moment to fill that hole.

youtube.com/watch?v=JzhHXXh9J24
youtube.com/watch?v=mednELMS9vI

fucking legend innit

It should be mentioned that a month after "Be Here Now" came out, The Verve's Urban Hymns was released and was essentially the Oasis album everyone had wanted as a followup. "Bittersweet Symphony" blew up in the states right as it became clear that Oasis' new album had nothing that came close too the singles off the last album. and a few years later Coldplay would take that mantle too.

kek

Coldplay are shite for mums

>a new "peoples' band" circa 1997
>not Pulp

This Is Hardcore alienated a lot of the normies who jumped on the bandwagon with Common People. We Love Life debuted at like #20 on the UK charts when it came out.

Be Here Now should have been an understated, largely acoustic album like the demos. The general feel of the written music doesn't lend itself to the overproduced, overlong, 300-guitar-tracks-a-song feel of the finished product at all.
This should have been one of the few truly explosive/electric tracks on the album and it also should have been the lead single.

youtube.com/watch?v=QixmVUlWizY

personally i find that kind of music Enjoyable

>Americans want grungy people, stabbing themselves in the head on stage. They get a bright bunch like us, with deodorant on, they don't get it.

youtube.com/watch?v=uSDx9uP23EA

American'ts were never going to understand.

Checked
>"At the time... it was written in the middle of grunge and all that, and I remember Nirvana had a tune called 'I Hate Myself and Want to Die', and I was like, "Well, I'm not fucking having that". As much as I fucking like him Cobain and all that shit, I'm not having that. I can't have people like that coming over here, on smack, fucking saying that they hate themselves and they wanna die. That's fucking rubbish. Kids don't need to be hearing that nonsense. Seems to me that here was a guy who had everything, and was miserable about it. And we had fuck-all, and I still thought that getting up in the morning was the greatest fuckin' thing ever, 'cause you didn't know where you'd end up at night. And we didn't have a pot to piss in, but it was fucking great, man."
-Noel on Live Forever

That's the issue - American'ts had just lost perspective on life.

Noel was based on that one.

IS IT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORTH THE AGGRAVAYYYYYYYYYYSHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNN
TO FIND YOURSELF A JOB WHEN THERE'S NOTHING WORTH WORKING FOR

Or we like good music, and oasis is not good music.

>it's good to sing about hating yourself and wanting to die
i'm not fucking having that la

What was the deal with Britpop bands doing entirely different US and UK/mainland Europe versions of their videos? Were glossier, grungier visuals the only way to capture the Americans' attention?

>US

youtube.com/watch?v=6qTPl5Do8mQ
youtube.com/watch?v=UA2UneiDCss
youtube.com/watch?v=kRYAi2rO0bQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-FBmYOB9WkA
youtube.com/watch?v=XdQCb807jdE
youtube.com/watch?v=-3E4A5jduF0
youtube.com/watch?v=3aatEBIZHNU

>UK

youtube.com/watch?v=TDe1DqxwJoc
youtube.com/watch?v=BJKpUH2kJQg
youtube.com/watch?v=LJzCYSdrHMI
youtube.com/watch?v=3nWJQStqrfw
youtube.com/watch?v=rl2Jv4dzFqg
youtube.com/watch?v=ppmUdn6GUXQ

Attached: c249cae89c58bf7f0af1ec8167b3a7f2.jpg (1081x1549, 341K)

Americans have short attention spans