Was he a hack?

was he a hack?

Attached: jim morrison.jpg (1000x1267, 196K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kE32pvvaDT8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes. His strung out ramblings he called poetry is garbage.

the dooob

Of all creative bands in the history of rock music, the Doors may have been the most creative. Their first album contains only masterpieces and remains virtually unmatched. Jim Morrison may well be the single most important rock frontman. He is the one who defined the rock vocalist as an artist, not just a singer. Ray Manzaker's style at the keyboards was at the vanguard of the fusion of classical, jazz, soul and rock music. The virulence of some of their riffs bridged the blues-rock era and the hard-rock era. Whether it was him, Krieger or Manzarek or all of them, their songs have a unique quality that has never been repeated. They are metaphysical while being psychological and while being physical (eroticand violent). They are the closest thing rock music has produced to William Shakespeare.

-Scaruffi (The Doors self-titled is #5 on his Best Rock Albums of All Time list)

Attached: 6a0120a7b5f86a970b0177443e3bbd970d.jpg (390x390, 67K)

No, he was YOUR BACK DOOR MAN

Attached: cc855338170a97366cbb6a5ebf4a367b.jpg (500x684, 45K)

industry glow

THE MEN DON’T KNOW BUT THE LITTLE GIRLS UNDERSTAND

scaruffi is anti rock music industry what are you talking about newfag

>beats The Rolling Stones at their own blues rock game
>beats the Velvet Underground at their own art rock game
>better poet than Bob Dylan
>turned psychedelic rock into something tough instead of a bunch of hippy flower child shit
>last great rock singer to not have a squeaky girly voice, instead singing in a booming baritone
>was he a hack?
Absolutely not. The Doors are definitely the single greatest American band of all time, and are serious contenders for the greatest band in the world

Attached: greatest hits.jpg (2000x1686, 799K)

he was a spook

My music professor told me The End is the worst song in Rock n Roll history and I believe him

Nothing but respect for a brave Native American man who loudly proclaimed his love for little girls.

the very dooob

>They are the closest thing rock music has produced to William Shakespeare.

What did he mean by this?

Your music professor sounds like a Beatles fan.

no

Attached: file.png (636x232, 48K)

That he doesn't know much about Shakespeare

Who's better, Morrison or Morrissey?

Attached: moz.jpg (500x633, 59K)

His father was an Admiral at the Gulf of Tonkin Incident, if that tells you anything.

the d\/\/b

no but he was a straight up psychopath. Probably murdered some groupies in his day too. just look in his eyes you can see the bloodthirst and lack of any empathy

>Ray Manzaker

>Not mentioning Dinsmore.
fucking pleb

Morrissey unironically

Who the fuck is Dinsmore?

Manzarek was talented, but not very creative. Morrison was creative, but not very talented.

listen to those two doors albums without him.

classic case of charisma and sex appeal causing people to massively overrate someone's actual talents

We Built This City is the worst song in rock history. That's been proven by every measure.

He can suck my fairly large uncut chaffed penis

see i fucking knew you were a homo. u2 sucks

I can't believe this isn't more well known. morrison was a huge industry plant from laurel hills. people like frank zappa think he was a part of a large fbi operation in order to corrupt the youth, but I haven't read too much into the details myself.

Hack shushed jigsaw puzzle Taman of thorns tom

damn kek blessed this post

His favorite pasttime was getting shit faced at the Whiskey A Go Go and then passing out in the street.

He had charisma and could keep pitch, that's about it. In all honesty, he was an absolute loser and a druggie dropkick.

youtu.be/kE32pvvaDT8

Jim Morrison was a literal government agent. The band was a lie. Most of these bands had studio bands do all their music, like the Wrecking Crew

Got a source on that?

Played the guitar in the band The Doob duh

Zappa was extremely redpilled so that wouldn't be so far from the truth.

I've read the entirety of Jim Morrison's biography. He was just a smart, well-read kid who hated how traditional his family was. The band and their growth was largely organic, besides the initial luck of being picked up from the Whiskey a Go Go

Attached: reallymakesyouthink.png (640x640, 676K)

cringe and schizopilled

Absolutely based