FUCK post-punk. It turned punk into a pretentious Pink Floyd art-school wank fest

FUCK post-punk. It turned punk into a pretentious Pink Floyd art-school wank fest.
None of these dorks are real punk bands, and they're all hipster garbage.

Attached: wank.jpg (1500x1500, 983K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bauhaus_(band)
youtube.com/watch?v=XVUQxdn-MoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cMOAXm94VWo
youtube.com/watch?v=1ge6ttcFrvA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>pretentious Pink Floyd art-school wank fest
Who are the worst offenders?

now post your list fucker

they never claimed to be punk bands you stupid idiot

clearly just wire

It has post in its name for a reason.

Those are all good albums

punk is trash, and it's funny to see you get mad at the few attempts to make into good music

Sonically? Public Image Ltd. are the worst offenders. Their music is the most annoying and challenging. When it comes to being pretentious and "artsy" for the sake of being artsy, it's really hard to top Siouxsie & The Banshees.

Pleb

Attached: mw82821.jpg (800x790, 94K)

Punk music is for children made by children, it's the easiest thing to play and stops being "real punk" when it becomes more than power chords and a simple drum beat.
It's such shit it makes me wonder if this thread is bait

If you don't like Pink Floyd, Gang of Four, and Wire, then you probably just don't like music and you should find a new hobby.

it could be, only a teen could settle for bait this weak

proto punk and post punk are literally the only good things that have anything to do with punk

Just because OP is a dick doesn't mean you have to be a dick when taking the opposite position.
Also, please don't respond to this, I don't want to talk to you.

fpbp, post-punk was just an offshoot of punk, not a complete transformation like OP's implying.

>doesn't know about art punk, crust punk/neocrust, crossover thrash, no wave, deathrock, cowpunk, garage punk, melodic hardcore, post-hardcore, skramz, anarcho-punk
Y I K E S
I
K
E
S E I K N I J

>art punk
>crossover thrash
>no wave
>post-hardcore
>skramz
good

>crust
>deathrock
>cowpunk
>garage punk
>melodic hardcore
unredeemable trash

CRINGING SO FUCKING HARD RN

>>crust
>>garage punk
these are good

screamo, grindcore and powerviolence are good everything else is mostly cringe and gay and also unbased

no garage anything has ever been good

Half of art punk falls under post-punk.

I like all of them, except maybe crossover trash?
never listened to it

just because you see people on the internet slap "art" at the beginning of the genre doesn't mean its art school shit. the one band who i know for a fact were from art school was the talking heads, and you didnt even include them on that list

>posting a million made up sub genres
>thinking no wave is a music genre at all

good job outing yourselves

Not OP, but Bauhaus are literally named after an art school.

Guys, I'm starting a genre called post-spunk. The songs are all written within the 5 minute window of post-nut clarity and feature themes of getting your sad life together.

>Pretentious
There was nothing avant garde and pretentious about this stuff. It was just punkers playing around with new sound technology; resulting in excellent synthwork aplenty. Post punk is the shit and is what most wannabe alt rock and indie groups of today wish they were as unique as.

Of course this all will fall on deaf ears if you think a normie pop rock band like Pink Floyd is pretentious and artsty. Is Pink Floyd really too challenging for you? Thats absolutely kekworthy.

>Is Pink Floyd really too challenging for you? Thats absolutely kekworthy.
>unironically claiming post-punk isn't pretentious while being pretentious

wtf is pretentious about The Cure, they churned out like 3 upbeat pop singles a year for 10 years straight

The best punk is lagwagon and NOFX
The best NOFX is Punk in Drublic

Pink Floyd is literally one of the most popular and well known classic rock groups. Considering them entry level isn't in any way pretentious because they are entry level as fuck.

Youre simply just falling for the dumb first wave punk culture of hating all music.

Why don't you open your mind instead of being musically challenged by literal commercial rock bands?

no, theyre named after a font you stupid fuck. and my point still stands, only a few of them were actually affiliated with art school. most of them were actual punk bands or involved in the punk scene.

i mean, really the two minute adrenaline rush thing got old for everyone. you gotta do more with that energy.

It didnt ruin punk, other punk subgenres emerged regardless of what post punk did.

Yikes

wow thanks! now i have a starter pack to get my friends into post-punk

good lord

Do you have an aversion to decent production and good melodies
Are you one of the belief that punk has to be shit ass awful to be "authentic"
Because I listen to music for the fact that its good, not for how crusty it can sound
Post your favorite punk rock then

I like most of the bands in the OP image BUT I must say that I rather dislike PIL

They have one good song, the song called Public Image Ltd. I actually really like that song. I can't get into a single other song of theirs on any album they've released. It's just a bunch of fucking garbage. I don't understand why people like them at all other than the singer being Johnny Rotten.

There are bands of their era doing weird experimental songs but were actually writing good songs instead of just wanking their dicks in the studio making noise.

When I heard that Metal Box was supposedly their best album I was excited to finally hear something worth my time by them but it is probably their worst, most formless, least inspired shit heap of an album.

>The band was originally named Bauhaus 1919 in reference to the first operating year of the German art school Bauhaus, although they shortened the name within a year of formation.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bauhaus_(band)

i was completely joking man. i should have known not to use ironic humor on this board

no i dont just because i dont like those bands doesnt mean that lol, see Adolescents self titled, or Milo Goes to College for example of good production and melodies.Lagwagon NOFX are too whiney, its that shit kind of 90s pop punk stuff thats just really lame, they teeter too close to the blink182 edge.
As for favorite punk record? id say Banned in DC or maybe Damaged

>none of those are real punks
Well duh.
It's a bullshit made-up genre you retard, only perpetuated by crappy magazines and entry-level people trying to describe a specific period. Half of those are goth albums, new wave albums and Sex Pistols guy's shitty band.

Nobody's fucking listening to The Cure expecting Warsore.

>post-hardcore
That's the good shit

youtube.com/watch?v=XVUQxdn-MoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cMOAXm94VWo
youtube.com/watch?v=1ge6ttcFrvA

Attached: 1447732228982.jpg (500x378, 119K)

this!! its such a good vein of music

Disgrace

Attached: F5D357CA-7459-49F2-8C16-B76C1374FF47.jpg (750x734, 84K)

How are Siouxsie & The Banshees the most pretentious/artsy post-punk band?
Also, you say that like art is a bad thing.

seriously this. there's no reason anyone with good taste shouldn't like all three of those bands. if you feel the need to exclude pink floyd because they're not punk or exclude wire because they're not prog then you're just a trendy shit-head poser

Based. The retarded prog and punk rivalry should stayed back in the 70s.

Probably someone like Lemon Kittens, Alternative TV, And The Native Hipsters, etc. basically a lot of guys whose stuff sounds like badly done industrial/musique concrete rather than songs.

Punk requires actual structure and the best takes on it has some fantastic timeless melodies. Ppl who’s first complaint is about something being for children don’t tend to be much older than teens.

They're nothing like blink182 i don't get that comparison
They're a bit pop to actual punks but way off the deep end of punk from normies' perspective
Normie's love blink182 none of them have ever heard of nofx

okay then FUUUCK YOOOU

NOFX is one of the most well known second wave punk bands you utter child.

Thats basicslly what I said. That designation describes exactly what I spelled out. Very poppy amongst the punk scene. Well known in that world. Normie's still have no idea who they are because they're an actual punk band. Having success doesn't disqualify a band from its genre
Punk in drublic is a masterpiece

>no wave isn't a genre
when will this meme end? no wave music is still being made, e.g. Daughters, Lydia Lunch, Particle Sons...

fucking cope

Attached: Screenshot_20190226-120458.jpg (719x709, 286K)

Based Pink Floyd influencing punks to make actually good music
mega based

Punk is a shite genre for dumb & proud kids

No wave was an arts scene in late 70s New York, not a genre