Peter gabriel genesis

the only good era of genesis
prove me wrong

Attached: gabriel genesis.jpg (900x466, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yNEtOpvelEI
youtube.com/watch?v=iQyw2xHzLKk
youtube.com/watch?v=57rIjdqeI2Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I love Peter Gabriel's solo work!

same

Collins era has its musical merits but you can't beat a tumor costume

Yay I'm glad somebody else does. What's your favorite song by him?

red rain probably, you?

I love Red Rain. Mine is Digging in the dirt. That is my JAM.

Gabriel's songs were better but Collins era + Bruford is best
youtube.com/watch?v=yNEtOpvelEI

>Trick of A Tail
This is a good album, solid 7/10
>Wind and The Wuthering
This is a good album, solid 7/10
>Then There Were Three
This is an OK album 6/10
>Duke
This is a great album 8/10

Listen to these albums again OP ^
Having said that, while I do love Selling England by the Pound and The Lamb is one of my all time favorites (I think it's a perfect record) when it comes to Genesis' first three albums Trespass, Nursery Cryme, and Foxtrot, those albums aren't THAT much better than something like Trick of the Tail or Wind and The Wuthering. Certain songs like The Knife, The Musical Box, Watcher of the Skies and Supper's Ready are excellent, but I don't think the divide between Peter era and post Peter era is that harsh.

Having said all of that, Abacab is a steaming pile of dog shit and the proceeding albums maybe had one or two good songs on them. Mama and Jesus, He Knows Me are good songs.

tfw people dont realize steve hackett's importance in the early years of the band

youtube.com/watch?v=iQyw2xHzLKk
his solo stuff is great

Listening to this album for the first time now. Good stuff

Know who agrees with you? Phil Collins.

His favorite Genesis album is Lamb.

Tony Banks, on the other hand, his favorite is Duke.

Genesis split up because Peter Gabriel had a vision he wanted to pursue--meanwhile, Tony Banks (justifiably) felt that as the keyboardist in a program band, he should have creative control.

Look at any reunion photo of genesis. Tony Banks and Peter Gabriel are never chummy.

I love them both. A Trick of the Tail is arguably the best Genesis album. PGA's solo output is arguably better than his output with Genesis. Phil Collins collaborated with him on this material. They're genuine mates.

There's not a bad musician in Genesis. They split up because Tony Banks and Peter Gabriel both had legitimate claims to leadership roles. Other than that animosity, they're all friends and collaborators. Phil helped Peter develop gated reverb.

Trick and W&W are the best albums bro

>Tony Banks and Peter Gabriel are never chummy.
what happened here?

Attached: impossiblefeverdream.jpg (575x623, 83K)

Genesis always sucked.

small brain pleb

They were brilliant until after Duke IMO

youtube.com/watch?v=57rIjdqeI2Q
P L E B

>the only good era

Nah m8 it's my favorite era too but Trick of the Tail, Wind and The Wuthering, and Duke are beautiful records. Considering the doubt they were facing when Peter left thats a pretty triumphant stretch of albums.

Also have to admit the self titled had some certified bangers. "Genesis sucked after Peter left" is the most elementary prog-douche take there is.

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where, uh, Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your ass. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and, uh, Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

there were no good eras for genesis.

there were only good eras for genesis

Leave it out

Rude

enjoy it man. I remember i was shocked at what i had been missing when i first heard it.

These 2 albums are absolute masterpieces, so wrong.

Attached: 1976_Genesis-DOUBLE[1].jpg (300x300, 35K)

Agreed, 1976-1977 was their best time.

Attached: 42565699_p[1].jpg (400x400, 27K)

A Trick of the Tail and Wind & Wuthering are pretty good, the real wall they hit was after Steve Hackett left. It’s dramatically downhill after that.

come back here with a good musical taste... maybe one day

Sorry mom

They were brilliant until after We Can't Dance IMO