Nine Inch Nails - Not The Actual Events

Nine Inch Nails - Not The Actual Events

Attached: 81qXxfPm0fL._SS500_.jpg (500x500, 29K)

Remember when the nine inch nails played the spooky song on twin peaks?

I do, it was pretty great.
This entire album is pretty spooky
And it's his best EP he has ever released.

incelcore

YES, EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE ASLEEP

pretty sure trent himself is spamming his own threads

Trent's absolute worst album, holy fuck.

Imagine being such a fucking pleb that you think that an album with some of NIN's best material is worst.
Burning Bright alone is top tier NIN.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1504557376910.jpg (640x355, 21K)

Somebody is madddd.

Just like Trent Reznor in Not The Actual Events, I guess you could say.

Indeed.

NONE OF THIS IS HAPPENING

Branches/Bones made me cum hearing Trent scream after Hesitation Marks.

Are you fucking kidding me? These EPs are a fucking beautiful return to traditional NIN. Like this could've come out when Broken did and everyone would've been like "yeah that's fucking weird ass Trent Reznor, fucking cool". Fuck off, man.

Based.
I absolutely love With_Teeth to Hesitation Marks run, but these EPs brought back the dark fury NIN was once known for.

Badass man, same. I've really, really enjoyed everything Trent has done, but his best stuff was his earliest stuff by far.

everything post-fragile is like a different band. grow up.

You are deaf if you can't hear the old NIN in The Trilogy.

So as a life long NIN fan, I gotta ask. Would you really have been happy with just Broken and The Downward Spiral rehashed over and over? Trent evolved a shit-ton over the years, but it's all been consistently good. Yeah, I prefer his older stuff, but all of it is good. His most recent EPs have been a beautiful return to the older NIN style and if you disagree, then damn, I'm sorry but you're wrong.

I actually think Year Zero, and The EP Trilogy is just as good as the old stuff, personally.
And even then, stuff like With_Teeth is still 8/10 while Spiral and Fragile are 9/10 or 10/10. NIN is still an incredibly consistent band.

Oh yeah, it's all super close in quality for me. I'm just a sucker for the angrier stuff to be honest. Trent hasn't released anything I've disliked so far.

did i say i wanted them to sound like early 90s forever idiot? i just said they lost something and are pretty much a different band now. the last three eps are their best in 20 years but are nowhere near their work in the 90s. i don't want them to do another downward spiral, i already own that album. i just don't care for their new stuff.

shut the fuck up zoomer. year zero is fucking garbage. the slip too. hesitation marks is just a bit better than those two but nowhere near with teeth even.

I get what you mean, even though, I really feel like NTAE and Bad Witch have that anger, and I kind of like the way he expressed that anger more in these works, it feels more intimidating to me, while Broken felt almost anthemic in places if that makes sense. Stuff like She's Gone Away, Idea Of You or Burning Bright just impact me like no other NIN songs.

Being you must be insufferable.

Typical boomer, shit taste, I understand not liking The Slip, but not liking Year Zero is a perfect way to show yourself as a shit-ant.

>being a fan of a band is a personality

year zero is trash. how can anyone like that piece of shit? explain.

OH WAIT GUY'S, my bad. I'm the one who said this was Trent's worst album earlier. I was confusing this one with Bad Witch. Now THAT'S his worst fucking album.

you mean it's his best album

Bitch I'll fight you. It is not.

Year Zero is the biggest album right next to The Fragile, with its own world, ARG, brand new sound that NIN never delved into before nor after. Just like Spiral, it has harsh elements mixed in with his poppy song-writing and melodies, it is varied, has hooks while having the energy and walls of sound and aggression. The concept itself is handled really well as well.
You've lost me, it's literally his most experimental work, it is the most refreshing, inspired and dangerous thing he has released since The Fragile.
Tell us why.

what the fuck does a marketing campaign has to do with the fucking music retard? i don't give a shit if he releases a year zero board game. the music is the weakest nine inch nails ever been. his best albums will always be the first three and he will never ever surpass them. liking the fragile over the downward spiral is the opinion of a numale or just plain bad taste in music.

Just the way you fucking type is obnoxious, goddamn I can't take you seriously.

>ladies and gentlemen, The Nine Inch Nails

>what the fuck does a marketing campaign has to do with the fucking music retard
In this case is thas everything to do with its world, it was only further to showcase how huge this album was, all of the ARG and the story directly connected to the album's plot, yes, if the album sucked musically that wouldn't mean anything, but I explained to you f why the music is great, so the story adds more to the album, just like Spiral's concept adds more to itself.
>the music is the weakest nine inch nails ever been
Why you retard, tell me. What the fuck is wrong with Year Zero's sound, you have yet to make a single argument except for "well it's just bad"
>his best albums will always be the first three
Why.
>liking the fragile over the downward spiral is the opinion of a numale or just plain bad taste in music.
Why.
You don't know shit, you cannot explain your position, not even a little bit, you're actually a retard and I don't mean that as an insult, I think you should consider getting yourself checked.

I think he may actually be a boomer who discovered this website a year ago or a 15-year old-something.

>Liking TDS more than The Fragile
Hella based, my man! Me too!
>Not liking Year Zero
Just a little cringe

good argument.
>the music is great because it had a big marketing plan behind it!
just fucking wow

the sound of year zero is an aging trent reznor failing to stay true to his instincts and embracing sounds and technologies of a new era he doesn't understand and failing at it. it's like the made the album on FL studio.

the first three were groundbreaking each in its own way. pretty hate machine broke out of the industrial scene and made aggressive music pop. the downward spiral is a masterpiece in experimentation, anger, self-hatred, sadness and aggression. the fragile turned everything everyone knew about nine inch nails and turned it on its head. from there's it's been boring and predictable.

i just explained all my points. yours is "but muh marketing strategies!". kys.

i've been on this site longer than you've been able to have erections

>the music is great because it had a big marketing plan behind it!
I didn't say that you dumb fuck, learn reading comprehension. I have argued for Year Zero's sound, but you ignored it.
>the sound of year zero is an aging trent reznor failing to stay true to his instincts and embracing sounds and technologies of a new era he doesn't understand and failing at it. it's like the made the album on FL studio.
Where does it fail? How is he not staying true to his instincts? What are his instincts?
>the downward spiral is a masterpiece in experimentation, anger, self-hatred, sadness and aggression
None of these has actually anything to do with music you absolute brainlet. This doesn't tell me shit about what Spiral does well.
> I just explained all my points. yours is "but much marketing strategies!". kys.
Either you're baiting or you're actually the stupidest person I've spoken to on this website, which would be impressive.
>from there's it's been boring and predictable.
Yeah, because Year Zero, mostly an electronic album, which toys with its genre so much it is difficult to place into a specific genre, with elements of noise and god knows what else, was predictable.
Because a 3 hour long instrumental ambient album was predictable.
Because Hesitation Marks, a mostly subdued and tame album, was predictable.
Because the entire EP Trilogy was predictable, especially Bad Witch, where Trent fuzes Jazz with Industrial Rock was a predictable album.
>Reddit spacing
I should have known.

Heeeeeey man I wasn't arguing with ya, I just called you based :)

>i've been on this site longer than you've been able to have erections
I hope this isn't true. I guess your age is getting to you and your brain is melting away.

holy fucking shit are you legally retarded??

>None of these has actually anything to do with music you absolute brainlet. This doesn't tell me shit about what Spiral does well.
he turned all those emotions into music through masterful sonic experimentation. isn't that enough for your fucking tiny retard brain?

lol seriously. year zero is a watered down with teeth that sounds plastic and rushed.

i can't believe i'm arguing with someone who thinks year fucking zero is better than the downward spiral. i know Yea Forums is full of retards but this is generations of american inbreeding retarded.

PS. "reddit spacing" are called paragraphs. google it. or try to read a book. and then kill yourself you fucking tasteless mongrel.

He's still reddit spacing