Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Attached: 1562453554330.png (220x348, 134K)

A fucking terrible film. I still can't understand why Danny Boyle would direct such a terrible and gimmicky film.

giod

>implying The Beatles would be famous if they made their music in the 2010s

haven't seen it and was actually considering it since it's still playing in the theaters. what was bad about it?

its basically the most cliche love story imaginable with an interesting premise that they dont take nearly as far as they should

Like I said, it's gimmicky. I guess I shouldn't be surprised given that boring and predictable Steve Jobs film Boyle made recently. Sure, it's probably a good film for a date but as a film alone it has little to no merits.

haven't seen it but probably your average commercial movie
also not just lyrics was what made Beatles good but also the sound... Also some songs wouldn't make sense

SHE WAS JUST SEVENTEEN
AND YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

Like which songs?

It was okay, enjoyable at least. Honestly I just spent most of the movie wishing I had a qt Elle waifu

It's not a bad movie but don't go to the cinema expecting some generation defining masterpiece. It's a fun summer movie, not meant to be taken seriously.

Danny Boyle is a fucking hack. Literally the only decent film he's made was Trainspotting which itself is overrated as fuck. 28 Days later might be passable if it wasn't filmed in DVD-tier picture quality.

>spent most of the movie wishing I had a qt Elle waifu
This

friendly reminder that "overrated" is an empty word that has no real validity in any kind of criticism and is only used by people who feel insecure about their own intelligence and need some way to validate themselves and feel special

Validity is overrated

i didn't get the joke about "oasis" in here

kek

why are all the films about succesful indians about some sort of magical luck, and never about them succeeding on their own merits

implausible plot, nobody would give a shit about Beatles songs if not for Beatlemania marketing

Attached: file.png (639x496, 103K)

So that more people will identify with the protagonist?

why dont movies show people taking shit and piss breaks more often? i would also like to see more eating meals

name one sci-fi spaceship with a toilet

>Revolver
>5/10
wat?

Tomorrow never knows, I am the walrus, Strawberry fields, pretty much any psychedelic music they made couldn't have held up in the pop scene without the artistic contexts of the mid to later 60s.

Well they could play psychedelic stuff in the background in a somber scene where they're like walking at night or something

>Unfortunately, it happens only for the very famous albums that people ask me to re-listen and re-listen (often with the result that i get more and more convinced of my initial opinion, eg Revolver, one of the worst albums i’ve ever heard no matter how many times i re-listen to it).

Attached: file.png (300x183, 103K)

28 days later is cringey as fuck especially with that GY!BE track in the beginning. Holy shit that was awful

28 days later is infinitely better than trainspotting though. Trainspotting is 16-year-old tier.

>It's not a bad movie but don't go to the cinema expecting some generation defining masterpiece. It's a fun summer movie, not meant to be taken seriously.

Attached: image.jpg (490x586, 50K)

>Trainspotting is 16-year-old tier.
and 28 Days Later isn't?

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

Money.

Overrated is a great way to describe something lol what the fuck are you on about? It tells me it’s reddit tier garbage. People pretending to like shit for internet points.

god you are the most neutral, boring cunt on this site aren't ya

Your logic is flawed, brainlet

that wanker gave BOTR 5 out of 10

Reminder that scaruffi is a fucking hack and his beatles essay is full of inaccuracies and generally misinformed opinions.
Why don't we just look at this one excerpt.
>Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times
The idea that either of these two artists were not famous or best sellers is absolutely retarded. Ellington won NINE grammies, appeared on the cover of TIME magazine, and received the presidential medal of freedom. Coltrane's 'A Love Supreme' was a best seller (certified gold in the US, UK and Japan) and his 'My Favorite Things' single was also a massive hit. Why does Scaruffi conveniently omit jazz musicians like Louis Armstrong, who was not only the best sellers of their time, but also considered one of the most important and influential jazz musicians ever by many critics and publications? That would prove his narrative wrong.
>Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe.
Beethoven? Controversial? In what possible way? Who were these 'classical critics'? He was incredibly famous during his time. Worth noting that Scaruffi's list of best classical compositions is hilariously pedestrian, with nothing even from before Bach. He seems to despise the Beatles for being very mainstream but his classical list is anything but.
>Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest.
MODERN rock critics do this. Contemporary rock critics obviously knew previous rock music, as it had only been a thing since like the 1940s. The popularity of pop music has nothing to do with its merit. It doesn't matter how much they sold.

Attached: actually the duck is the pleb.jpg (820x2000, 1.21M)

"Overrated" in and of itself isn't a criticism because it doesn't address anything wrong with the actual thing that's being criticized. Also
>everything I don't like is Reddit
kek

Why is scaruffi even a thing on Yea Forums?

He's a slightly obscure critic that has very strong opinions on music and his hipster tastes line up with your typical contrarian Yea Forums user. He's basically the perfect person for Yea Forums to parrot. His Beatles essay is also an easy braindead rebuttal that any shitposter can post in response to someone who likes The Beatles. Don't get me wrong, I love shitposting with Scaruffi's opinions, but the beatles rant gets posted far too much and it's just tired and old now. Not to mention full of misinfo.

Attached: THE.jpg (480x360, 10K)

But the Beatles were a talentless band that kind of redeem themselves by a shit ton producers and Beach boys """influence""".

>i'm impassioned about my retardation so i must not be boring

just saw it. it was ok for what it was. wouldn't watch it again.

Their success was due to an elite marketing team that shilled "Beatlemania", whereby they promoted "Beatle-ness" and the band/idea of The Beatles and used the music as an accessory. It was a completely manufactured cult hype.

>The Beatles were talentless
In what way?
>a shit ton of producers
One producer. George Martin. That's it.
>Beach boys """influence"""
Honestly there's nothing wrong with being influenced by another band. I think it's pretty safe to say that the beach boys were also influenced by the beatles too. I don't really understand what you mean with the quotes around influence.

>one of the worst albums i've ever heard
>5/10

How do you even convince yourself of this bullshit?

>No real argument
>No evidence
>"I think this is doo-doo!"
The truth hurts.

You spend too much time on the internet

Omgg

>still no argument

Go join the debate team at your high school maybe they'll be sjws like you who hate the Beatles

>still no argument
>just insults

Arguement for what the beatles are a good rock band. Haven't you ever seen a rock band play in a garage before?

how can one man be so based?

based

there's zero way you weren't a "i know you are but what am I" type of child. Thats the sort of child that should be drowned.

Attached: 1557406668535.jpg (558x600, 55K)

Escapist fantasy of someone who has never even thought about music for more than two minutes.

but shallow grave is his best film

POO IN LOO

hes not even the best contrarian critic

Attached: chris ott.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

POOLOO POOLOO

Attached: pooloo.jpg (643x960, 255K)

Bump

"Overrated" is a word that, by its nature, NEEDS the opinion of other people to exist. If, at the time of making some criticism, you depend on what the rest think, it is not a valid way of criticism. It is a critique influenced by the rest in which you do not mention ANYTHING apart from what people think in counterpart with your own opinion

read the rules if youre new

>reading the rules
straight from reddit I assume

This all the way l

>everything is reddit
take your pills schizo

this is actually such a terrible concept for a film, seriously

Attached: 1545260798999.png (500x372, 220K)

2001 a space odyssey

I hate the moviegoing public.

Wot if da beatles was indian?

It is like a black mirror episode, stupid and contrived.

Couldn't have said it better. I figured it would be a fairly cliche love story at it's core, but it was even worse than I could have imagined. They try to make you care more about the romance of the lead characters and force the premise to take a backseat and it just doesn't work at all.