Are there any other artists besides James Ferraro that fulfill the burgerpunk aesthetic?

Are there any other artists besides James Ferraro that fulfill the burgerpunk aesthetic?

Attached: 1561787101934.jpg (2048x1632, 765K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I5Jsf41tyTk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=zh942B0QmRU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: BE9AF803-A503-48FD-B31F-B45702BEAA0C.jpg (1200x1200, 513K)

unironically a plunderphonics masterpiece that rivals the likes of dj shadow and the avalanches

this picture is beautiful

I mean, that picture is beautiful

Negativland

Neither DJ Shadow nor Avalanches are plunderphonics lol
They are both instrumental hip hop.
Actual plunderphonics is John Oswald and Negativland.

mcdonald’s arthouse

Zip Code Rapists

Devo

thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=I5Jsf41tyTk

that makes more sense actually
either way blarf is great and might unironically be my aoty

Also nujabes

If you like disgusting cannibalised landscapes, sure, yeah, beautiful

HOLD THE PICKLES
HOLD THE LETTUCE

Attached: We-Beefin.jpg (640x640, 14K)

I think it's beautiful because it's a complete exaggeration of the unnatural corporate landscape
it's such eye-rape that it takes on its own form

ive been through there before, the retro looking Denny's is pretty neat

>The Avalanches
>not plunderphonics
>Negativland
>not musique concrete
based newfag

Attached: ss+(2019-07-05+at+03.01.12).jpg (296x365, 38K)

Explain burgerpunk for me

Fuck off, retard, Google lies.

What is this?

Reminder that James Ferraro rapes kids

The inescapable corporation dominated patches of land found in suburban and sometimes rural America. Fast food chains and retail superstores with their intentionally eyecatching shiny logos compete for your attention, peppered across the ridges of an interstate result in an interesting postmodern sensory overload. It's a uniquely American experience, and I love it.

lol. cringe.

Attached: gkft56.jpg (384x475, 14K)

How have none of you retards mentioned Wesley Willis?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=zh942B0QmRU

Not really. It's mostly lazy editing and added noise, via ableton, of and over samples from well-known songs

It's a fun listen, but it's nothing to go that crazy for. If you're enjoying it tho don't let me stop you :^)

The definition of plunderphonics has shifted and broadened. Trying to hold on to its original definition is pretty silly. SILY is far from instrumental hip-hop. It's a lot closer to dance music of some kind. You're right though, Endtroducing is squarely instrumental hip-hop—but because of its layered, sample-forward design, most people don't have a problem calling it plunderphonic.

Attached: 1561076254544.jpg (614x291, 51K)

>The definition of plunderphonics has shifted and broadened
But it still has a meaning.

>SILY is far from instrumental hip-hop. It's a lot closer to dance music of some kind.
More than half of the tracks from the album are instrumental hip hop with hip hop beats. Listen to it again. There are only a few house songs on it, not enough to be considered "dance" as a whole.

>You're right though, Endtroducing is squarely instrumental hip-hop—but because of its layered, sample-forward design, most people don't have a problem calling it plunderphonic.
And those are morons who don't know what plunderphonics means. Don't be like them.

Language is dynamic, and its main purpose is to facilitate clear communication. If everyone else is on the same page about plunderphonics—mainly that it's about making music out of samples, and its stylistic coordinates include The Avalanches and DJ Shadow—then there's little issue.

If you'd like to hang on Oswald's original definition, be my guest, but it's selfish of him and futile of you to try to re-narrow it.

Even a strict grammarian and stylist like William Strunk admits in his 'little book' that phrases and syntax he would call 'incorrect' are acceptable by their widespread usages.

>Listen to it again.
Listen #502 here we come. I'm very familiar with the album; it's been one of my favs since high school

proof?

I see this posted everywhere and I don't see the problem with it

Attached: 12392873928394824.jpg (720x713, 51K)

Breezewood Exit in PA