Why doesnt Rap ever have any emotional depth?

Why doesnt Rap ever have any emotional depth?
Even if it does a little bit it every song still reverts to bragging about shit

Attached: 230271EC-E117-44C2-A3D3-254B9966FB7B.png (350x271, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fn75kimMOSk
youtube.com/watch?v=J--rO7FP16U
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i dunno, this song's got some power to it

youtube.com/watch?v=Fn75kimMOSk

Rap is for people who like to brag about their material possessions. The type to put their new pair of shoes or clothes on their Instagram stories. Rap fans love to show off how much they look better than you, because ultimately they think having more things makes you more elite

It’s also because they’re troglodyte niggers that don’t have the capacity to think.

Danny Brown - 30, he talks about using drugs to be more successful in music but now he's addicted and this album is finally his chance to make it big after working so hard for the past 10 years.

youtube.com/watch?v=J--rO7FP16U

It isn't exclusive to race my friend, all cultures do it so please don't be racist

Why do people that don't listen to rap rag on it because of what they've heard from listening to only mainstream shit.

>telling someone not to be racist on Yea Forums

Attached: AE742251-17A1-4921-B47F-39F44010367B.png (640x599, 561K)

don't be racist on Yea Forums

its the go to genre for people to express their racism through, while having the shield of "music is subjective!" There is a ton of emotionally depthful hip hop out there for anyone who would even only listen to the classics.

>come to mu to learn about new music
>literally half the board taken up by retards asking why rap is shit
>leave again, go somewhere else

And you wonder why this board is shit? You, you are the reason. How about you concentrate on music you like and tell us about it, rather than bitching about music you don’t, you ridiculous childish cunt. Just a thought.

Ive listened to underground backpack shit too
None of it is emotionally deep at all beyond the same ol ghetto is hard shit

I won't touch most rap because its just hyper capitalism in music form- "I have this" and "I have that". I don't need to be reminded that people spunk money to try and socially elevate

calm down, man, it's just a bunch of bullshit text on a screen written by twerpos who LARP as uber-brains.

>showing any emotion whatsoever
bitch nigga antics

Here you go user:

Wutang Clan - Tearz

Scarface - I Seen A Man Die

Pharcyde - Passin' Me By

Kid Cudi - Soundtrack 2 My Life

Isaiah Rashad - 4r da Squaw

Kendrick Lamar - Blacker The Berry

Injury Reserve - ttktv

lmk what you like from that and I can suggest more

No, you haven’t. That is simply not true.

But the vast majority of rap is as you describe, concerned with bragging and the ghetto. If that doesn’t appeal to you, then, as you have discovered, rap isn’t for you.
And that’s fine. But do stop clogging up mu with your whining, and go back to the music you do like.

do you actually listen to anything other than mainstream shit / gangster rap?

No you haven't if you have this opinion, I recommended some well known and classic songs

>The blacker the berry
Based. Really really good song

I’m calm. At work, taking a shit on the boss’s time. Thought I’d put my two-penn’orth in.

Nah not really, used to be into flatbush zombies and yung lean but grew out of rap

then why are you going around spreading your trash opinion on hip hop? 90% of underground shit isnt what you described.

i am an up and coming rapper trying to get big on the streets right now.i will soon i release my debut album. it will feature a lot of emotion compared to these new fucking hack rappers like kanye, x, and kendrick. they don't know real rap, it is all fake. i will bring real rap back

it's escapism

Hailie's song-eminem

>new rappers
>a rapper who released his debut 15 years ago
>a rapper who released his major label debut 7 years ago

all those pieces of shit are nothing compared to biggie, 2pac and wu tang. none of there songs have meaning like rap songs used to

I agree. The amount of hiphop that's openly racist against whites is honestly absurd and comical. It's without a doubt the the go to genre for people to express their racism through.

Idk rap is boring and there's a multitude of better underground guitar bands around right now

yeah i remember that video too

that can be debated but theres enough faggot emo weird rappers now

Based

10/10 list op cant argue this