String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>stringtensionpro.com/
Music theory:
>musictheory.net/lessons
Guitar Maintenance and other information:
>frudua.com/guitar_craftpedia_en.html
Why is my guitar buzzing?
>frets.com/FretsPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
>mega.nz/#F!KIoilagC!3KtnUYdTW53VsQu9QrJS_g

Previous thread:

Attached: 1549473021156.jpg (800x1200, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GvP_RFRKkpk
vocaroo.com/i/s1awMgrap1ak
youtube.com/watch?v=jOTFEL4fjX4)
youtube.com/watch?v=4MoRLTAJY_0
youtube.com/watch?v=mN3b53iQH50
vocaroo.com/i/s13rCIksQyND
thomann.de/it/epiphone_les_paul_standard_cherry_sunburst.htm
instaud.io/3Utx
vocaroo.com/i/s1uHzx09z4Lv
reverb.com/item/25541041
reverb.com/item/25541867-fender-squier-mustang-hh-coral-refinish-nitro-lacquer-by-real-life-relics
thomann.de/it/fender_player_series_tele_mn_btb.htm
thomann.de/it/epiphone_les_paul_standard_plus_pro_mf.htm
thomann.de/it/jackson_x_series_slx_tamo_ash.htm
s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=24322554105691844692
youtube.com/watch?v=irurSXDlOZc
vocaroo.com/i/s1wS7zCylrjt
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I have a Rocksmith cable. Are there any softwares I can download to add effects and presets to my guitar, so I can play it through my headphones?

first for cheap guitars are just as good as 4 digit ones

They're not.

>that Gibson is too high
>I bet it's sour

Attached: smugayaka.jpg (249x232, 33K)

Stop posting anime.

Attached: 85B07CFA-F753-4272-A0BC-13991A973783.jpg (806x1200, 347K)

gibson explorer, or ibanez prestige

Attached: 1531856613893.jpg (1900x1308, 1.16M)

Who is your favorite jazz guitarist, /gg/?

Attached: thisisananimewebsite.jpg (393x562, 127K)

o-ok i promised i would play some music instead of spamming pics
youtu.be/GvP_RFRKkpk

Attached: D-hzjhAXoAAWbtP.jpg large.jpg (1152x2048, 321K)

Michael Gregory Jackson

Ted Greene, of course

Attached: LewdMeidoBoy.png (399x421, 218K)

>pink bass and an offset
How gay on a scale from Richard Simmons to Richard Simmons are you?

I'm a made in japan guy myself, but try them out user

they are but only after you've given them a proper setup and have swapped the chinesium chinklectronics

Grant Hart
Jazz Basses have offset waists too you know...

There's a myriad of amp simulator software out there, but you need a legit audio interface for it to work probably. Usbs aren't made to handle that type of input so theres gonna be a mad delay if try and go straight from guitar to usb.

*properly not probably
fuck i cant type rn.

I call this one "my kind of layday":

vocaroo.com/i/s1awMgrap1ak

Attached: follow.gif (220x220, 373K)

>tfw almost got 3 little birds down

p-progress lads...Also should I bother learning singing? Not sure if I want to make my progress slower by learning how to sing too

Attached: fq20061117a1a.jpg (250x169, 16K)

Sounds like Stone Temple Pilots.

Attached: ThankYouBasedKyoAni.jpg (600x800, 176K)

Guitar to USB cables ARE audio interfaces, they aren't just passive connector adapters (which by the way would be a literally completely useless gadget because that's not how USB works)
The delay shows up when using Windows and an interface that doesn't have ASIO drivers

Boom nigga

Attached: 20190704_213404.jpg (4160x3120, 3.16M)

odd you mention that, i actually have been listening to a lot of shangri-la dee da lately now that I think about it

sg
>light
>balanced
>great fret access
>cheap
lp
>heavy
>always trying to fall off your lap
>shit fret access
>overpriced
so why is the les paul more popular? the only thing it has going for it is a better output jack location.

>why is the les paul more popular?

jimmy page and slash, basically

>>balanced
yeah i love me some balanced neck dive

jazzmaster or jaguar

Attached: 1557349970370.jpg (499x499, 36K)

duo sonic

>hipster guitars
neither

>made his own guitar out of scraps
>becomes one of the best and most famous guitarists of all time

>meanwhile /gg/ gearposters spend thousands on muh brand geetarr and never make it out of their bedroom

Attached: 1280px-Queen_And_Adam_Lambert_-_The_O2_-_Tuesday_12th_December_2017_QueenO2121217-28_%2839066620425% (1279x715, 121K)

jazzmaster

Truth.

i wanna smash his precious lil fukin red guitar

cringe boomer

tele

Are there any other /gg/ related anime besides k-on, i'm almost finished binge watching

Attached: mio3.gif (540x303, 2.67M)

Beck but the anime's lame IMO, (and unintentionally hilarious if you're watching the sub youtube.com/watch?v=jOTFEL4fjX4) I'd just read the manga
There's Black Heaven which I also didn't like
And it's not an anime but Shiori Experience is a neat manga with certain famous guitarist in it but the group that was translating it died or something, the first 6? volumes are translated if you want to check it out though

Django Reinhardt

Attached: C_fRvzyWsAAUbtg.jpg (640x640, 61K)

best textbooks or books in general to learn theory? website in OP kinda sucks. i took a theory class in 6th grade but i've forgotten everything now since I never played an instrument til I turned 21

>BRIAN MAY WAS ABLE TO BUILD THIS IN A GARAGE... WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS

Leave Yea Forums

kys pedophile

FLCL if you like rickenbacker basses

and Gibson guitars
and Gibson basses

So I could use it? What software do you guys recommend?

I recomend BIAS Amp with/or BIAS FX
I use just Amp because I'm not usually playing with effects, and on the rare occasion I feel like using them I just use my actual physical pedals

I know nothing about effects or presets, so thank you. I appreciate it.

Attached: 1561966863572.png (500x500, 580K)

Trying to learn slap bass, but my right hand keeps getting blistered to hell in under 30 minutes. Should I be pushing through the pain or using it as a gauge to tell me when I've had enough in a session? Guitar player btw, so my fretting hand is already calloused.

Attached: VVxuCMF.jpg (1080x1920, 187K)

Coming from another guitar player, I had the same thing happen when I was learning plucking on a bass. It's the same thing as when you first learn guitar, gotta build up the calluses. It's just you need more callus for bass so it takes a bit longer. Don't play yourself bloody, let it heal a little and it'll come back thicker, repeat until it no longer hurts

you can upgrade them all you want but do wait a few years after they've been made and played regularly because QC and craftsmanship tend to contribute to durability

or end up like that sucker with an ibanez gio that warped by sitting on a stand

Bang Dream (shit anime good game)
Detroit Metal City (good)
Legend of Black Heaven (good)
Show by Rock (shit anime good game)

>Detroit Metal City (good)
DMC is better than good, it is one of few actual funny anime to have ever existed.
Also don't ever watch BECK, you can read it, but don't watch it, ever.

Thanks friend

Attached: O7UnQM0.png (764x645, 33K)

>could never get a band together in high school
>try to join band now
>completely lost
>everyone else knows what theyre doing
ITS NOT FUCKING FAIR
I TRIED TO FORMS BANDS ALL THE FUCKING TIME

ull figure it out

>out of scraps
It's a really nice guitar though

I cant figure it out
Nobody my age plays instruments
Its all fuckin 30+ year old boomers

i just wanna find someone to play shows with, im not a solo artist

all i hear are excuses

Power """chords""" are a retarded concept only used by retarded people.
Change my mind

Hi /gg/, big Jonny Greenwood fan here. What do I get next to LARP as him in my bedroom in my parents house? Thinking about a mixer to do some textural noise experimenting.

Attached: 1551288541157.jpg (2916x3416, 2.89M)

They sound good with distortion. That's the whole point.

>and then there's that autistic acoustic player who uses power chords with the octave in place of chords he's bad at playing

More notes is harder and gooder

Only the most notes for a refined and intelligent individual like me

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 44K)

>why would I play more notes if I can get something similar with less
>it even works in place of a major AND a minor chord haha

Attached: 1557694845313.jpg (211x239, 8K)

>Implying you can hear """notes""" with my distortion cranked to the max

>Greetings fellow alt-right chads
>Power chords sure do suck huh?
>Us high test intellectuals only play clean jazz.

Attached: 1511562290422.jpg (988x1059, 160K)

this general is absolute shit. one of the worst on this site.

you like what i've done with the place senpaitachi

Attached: 1528801476569.gif (307x230, 260K)

>or end up like that sucker with an ibanez gio that warped by sitting on a stand
is this true? how long would it have to sit on a stand for that to happen

man, i suck at guitar :(

sup faggots

Attached: Snapchat-762802358.jpg (720x1280, 449K)

We all do, that's the open secret of this general.

This general is a fucking cesspit even by Yea Forums standards.

I have no experience with Soviet guitars. But i really want to get one, and try to get it play the best it can. Do you guys think it would be possible?

Attached: 292949848_05e0ae62-2289-482f-ba48-94f8843e5406.jpg (1200x1600, 227K)

Why would you want a Soviet guitar? Does that mean like, a guitar made during the Soviet Union? I have no knowledge of this.

jisoo

Attached: DgtBa8XUcAEdygn.jpg (682x1024, 55K)

I would want one because they are odd, and maybe they could be good if they where given enough love and care? Yes, made in the USSR

Attached: aelita-2-ussr-rare-vintage-electric-guitar-soviet-russian.jpg (300x400, 23K)

They might be pieces of shit then user the USSR isn't exactly known for their guitars

Yes i know, you should not be able to polish a turd. But part of me thinks, its a plank with strings much like any other guitar, giving it a good setup, fretwork and good pickups might make it just as good as any other?

Do you want to learn theory or just how to read some basic notation

Are there any S style guitars like a strat but with 4 knobs, 2 volumes and 2 tones instead?

Explorer. Not even close.

If I like anime, this type of music: youtube.com/watch?v=4MoRLTAJY_0
but I also want 24 frets is this a good compromise?

Attached: scot.png (379x902, 173K)

How would that work?

What do you mean?

How would splitting up four knobs over three pickups work?

How do I join a band? I feel like I’m stagnating just playing alone in my bedroom.

I'm not talking about the number of pickups, I'm talking about the body shape, which is why I said S style guitar. It could be HH or HSH.

How does he make it sound pitched down like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=mN3b53iQH50

Attached: 1515884800656.jpg (640x636, 109K)

I have one, changed the neck because i guarantee if you get one itll be warped, im still tinkering with it but its playing pretty good so far, still got some fret work and intonation to sort out. The knobs are also cancer on mine three tones and one volume and theyre stiff asf, will probably switch them out.
Apart from that it sounds pretty good and looks real cool, you can really work with the feedback with all the tone switches and the super hot middle pickup,

Its worth getting if you want a project to work on, or just to have a weird piece of history.

Pic related is it with the og neck

Attached: 20190508_135445.jpg (4032x1960, 2.16M)

how do I learn to write songs and riffs? I learnt the major, harmonic minor, melodic minor scales and related modes, whole tone and diminished scales, as well as the diatonic triads, seventh chords and arps and can easily transcribe songs I like by ear. but when I try to write stuff of my own it’s pure shit.

Everyone starts writing shit songs at first, keep doing it to get the starting shit phase out you're system, only with time you'll find your groove when it comes to writing

play ACOUSTIC you edgy faggots

>why would you want to voice lead on guitar?
>thinking of chords simply as a shape instead of a set of voices with movement between them from chord to chord is superior

I bet /gg/ only plays the finest chord shapes rather than actually considering how voices in chords should move from one to the next.

I love my Tele, but it generates some kind of static on my tube amp while plugged straight into my USB mixer, it kinda sucks...
vocaroo.com/i/s13rCIksQyND

What do all those controls and buttons on your guitar do and what type of pickups are those?

>tfw I have just slashed the resale value of my guitar by hurriedly shoving the guitar in the case with the strap on after a gig

Careful of those strap buckles boys, don’t do this.

Attached: EE1923DA-D858-4D41-984C-2CAD90633D17.jpg (2250x3000, 1.38M)

sorry user, it happens

Single coils, if you asking what particular pups then i have no idea since theyre the original soviet ones,
Top three switches are on/off each pickup
Bottom three are frequency cuts
One cuts bass and mids
Another cuts treble and bass, leaving the mids
And the last one cuts treble and mids.

Heres a bonus pick showing the state of the original frets, and the action.

Attached: 20190508_134747.jpg (4032x1960, 1.92M)

Ach I’m alright with this, don’t plan to ever sell this guitar anyway, just amazed how much damage was done by the buckle in such a short space of time.

sounds like static discharge when you make or remake contact with the conductive parts, even the plastic.

probably a Digitech Whammy pedal

Attached: Custom Jazzbox.png (1101x332, 208K)

oh jesus

>FLCL
nice, just checked it out, I think thats the next one

FLCL is my single favorite work of fiction across all mediums ever made.

should I get line 6 hx stomp or stick with logic pro amp designer?

Would putting aluminum foil on the back of the pickguard mitigate this issue?

I really hope Sammy is somewhere doing well, kakaing his dad like he deserves

just never buy anything line 6

The issue is that they weren't made to play the best they possibly could. They were made to just barely satisfy the needs of someone who wanted to play an instrument. They are basically the equivalent of someone's grandfather making them a guitar in the shed.

Samuel here, I never got this meme
How to kaka???

i doubt it, have you screwdrivered it recently?

Press K

No. I bought it used three weeks ago and I haven't messed with it because I like it stock, except for this problem.

Counterpoint is so passe. Get with the times, man.

I know rite? Kaka is the new hot stuff

Wtf? Was it a metal buckle?

Yes, but don't expect another K-ON. K-ON is literally not just the greatest guitar anime ever made. It is literally and unironically the greatest anime ever made. Thank you based KyoAni.

thomann.de/it/epiphone_les_paul_standard_cherry_sunburst.htm is this Yui's guitar? I don't really like the finish

What about the controls on the left side? The two white switches and the toggle switch beside them?

Yui plays a Gibson. Only a Gibson is good enough.

GUITAR IS TURNING YOU GAY

I'm having really trouble deciding on what to buy, I am thinking whether I really need 24 frets or 22 is good enough, I would like to buy Yui's guitar but I would prefer this finish; too bad I can't find it

Attached: light_burst_les_paul.jpg (900x652, 88K)

How?

I'm really having**

Have you fugged her yet?

I thought it was the strap buckle at first when I took it out the case but then I realised I think it was most likely the girl I was gigging with, I let her use my guitar for some songs. This makes sense as it kept slipping down and she plays the guitar at a 45 degree angle. She must have been wearing a belt with studs or a sharp buckle. :/

Pain in the arse, she’ll fucking be using her own next time

personally i never use the top frets. NEVER

No, lol. I’m not really interested anyway, was thinking with my dick last time.

Buncha dumbfucks

Why are you not interested? Is she fugly?

No, she’s pretty attractive, but I can tell she would be hard work like my ex. I need someone laid back.

22 is good enough because only a Gibson is good enough.

Pics?

Nah sorry, would rather not, too easy to dox.

>he doesn't have a 24 fret gibson

how are "power sound" pickups? thinking of buying a super cheap cort with them. aren't those the old ibanez low end pickups?

it's a HSS guitar

There was a point where I felt like I didn't suck at guitar. Then I got way better at guitar. Now I suck again.

Based.

>I am thinking whether I really need 24 frets
You don't. Bend up to the 24th or use your fingernail as a slide past the 22nd fret.

Oh thats the three pup switches, one of them doesnt have the cap on bc it gets stuck with it on. The right side switches are the tone switches and then the knobs are three tones and one master volume

If you think it'll be fun, just do it. Nothing wrong with taking your time.

Only nerds don't learn how to sing

Which country are you from? Are you interested in selling that guitar?

The uk and no, im still working on it and plan on keeping it around.
Theres a guy on ebay from the ukraine that has a shit ton of these russian guitars for about £200.
No customs fee or anything to the uk aswell so its very affordable

Don't listen to these fucking dorks. Get the 24. "Just bend up to the high E". You can still bend up to the high E on a 24 fret guitar, retard.

I'm sorry for this absolutely retarded question, but can guitar pedals be used to for synths and basses as well?

What does it sound like?

lol

You'll explode!

should be fine

that said, sometimes they're designed to operate on a limited frequency range that's tailored for guitars. that's why guitar pedals are shit for bass sometimes

some guitar pedals will be better for synth and/or bass than effects marketed towards synth/bass players; case by case basis

I like the way it sounds, bridge pickup with the treble switch can get you some great surf tones, the middle pickup has normally has way more output than the other two so turning that on with gain can get you some crazy feedback, that with the tone switches allows you to manipulate the overtones of the feedback. This is really useful if you like to do noise stuff on guitar.

While this may not be the best suited guitar for more conventional music and playing, it's unstable tone and questionable design makes it a lot of fun to experiment with.

How are Seymour Duncan JBs? Does anyone here use them?

can I trust yamaha pacifica guitars? they’re cheap but ive heard theyre decent

Attached: 4C6E242B-A65A-467D-BF93-AAF0640321D6.jpg (560x559, 20K)

I dont get it, is the standard bass tuning EADG or EADE?

First one, wtf?

Just give up now. Knowing all that and you can’t write anything, even following the “rules?”

Embarrassing. Fucking theoryfags.

get 24 frets reason being if you try to learn how to shred some 80s songs you'll need those frets for a few

they are excellent guitars that will serve you well while only being a little cheap feeling. Yamaha make sexcellent instruments.

I would cop a yamaha pacifica if I needed a strat guitar

long enough that you didn't make any progress as a musician so can't really blame the instrument

digitech whammy

slightly longer sustain and a tiny sliver of a bit more low mids.

Also, if the lp has a maple cap then the highend sparkles a bit more

that's a nice shell pink

Beck Mongolian Chop Squad

Attached: becc.gif (450x338, 644K)

A - G - D - E - F#m

>if you try to learn how to shred some 80s songs
Why would anyone do this other than completely lacking taste?

You really don’t need all that knowledge to write a song (but it will help), you are overthinking it.

I wrote my first three chord song a month into learning guitar.

Oops, didn’t mean to quote that other person.

I actually want to learn some hatsune miku metal song so I'll probably need them

Strat style electric guitars really aren’t that complicated to build, I wouldn’t let low price put you off.

I pretty much solely play acoustic but I have never played or heard a bad Yamaha, they have top quality control.

Fuck you

Attached: 1561146623989.gif (480x270, 2.27M)

EADG. It's the bottom four strings of a guitar.

You're right, that is a retarded question. The answer is yes.

I want to lick Tatsumaki's feet.

Best replacement nut for a Strat-style guitar?

Your own nuts.

This is the ideal Fender headstock. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Attached: IMG_20190705_150408-1512x2016.jpg (1512x2016, 336K)

azu nyan!

Attached: x.gif (281x180, 309K)

A best. I wish my hands weren't so big though. This Mustang fretboard feels a little cramped.

Attached: Azusa_listen.png (728x2328, 544K)

Why do some people put scrunchies on their guitars' headstocks? In the area between the string trees and the nut.

Thoughts on Jerry Cantrell G&L Rampage for my first electric guitar? I've been playing acoustic for 6 months

I've heard some complaints of that Floyd Rose bridge is hard to keep in tune for a beginner? No idea what that means lol

Attached: WEB_Image G L Tribute Rampage Ivory Jerry Cantrell 1119955172719590.jpg (610x450, 14K)

Nobody mentioned Carole and Tuesday?

Thinking about buying a guitar, but it only has 21 frets... How important it is to have a 22th fret?

Attached: 40038394_1668197776639283_3857081979874836480_n.png (725x703, 361K)

depends on what kind of music you play
if you play shreddy stuff definitely need that 22nd
but fender strats are 21 frets and theyre like the most popular guitar ever so
also 21 frets vs 22 frets sound basically identical compared to 22 vs 24 fret which have different sounding neck pickups so its just about playabilty

it reduces noise from behind the nut

only preference bro

It's a great guitar, and I love mine, but I'm not sure if it's the best option for a beginner.

On the plus side, it sounds amazing and you get a lot of bang for your buck. The neck is very comfortable too - wide and fast.

The downsides are that it's not versatile (but you can roll off the volume to get more of a muted neck pickup tone) and the Kahler (not a Floyd Rose - but that's a good thing, imo, since it's not routed through the body like a Floyd) bridge can be tricky to set up and restring. It holds its tuning really well though since both the bridge and nut have locks.

My advice is that if you like the look of the guitar, try to find a G&L Superhawk Tribute Series in Ivory. It's the same shape and color as the Rampage but has two humbuckers and a regular hardtail bridge. G&L only makes them in Blueburst now though, so you're gonna have to find a used one if you like the Ivory paint job.

Attached: IMG_5102.jpg (4032x3024, 2.02M)

>implying the guitar is behind the success rather than the guitarist

He would have done just as well if he’d bought a guitar instead.

Anyone else not play metal but just really fucking love metal guitars?
I have a Mick Thomson Warlock that plays like a dream but I might fork out the cash to throw some Gibson Pickups in it.

you don't need more than 20, for everything else you have harmonics

.... that's literally the opposite of what he's saying.

It's shit though

depends on what you need more, easier/more accurate tuning, or a specific tone.

If you want a woody type of tone go for bone nut.
If the tuning thing go for graphite nut.
Metal nut for clearer harmonics

my 15th fret on the high e and b string frets out when I try to do a whole step bend. Anyone know how to diagnose and fix this or do I need to send it to a tech?

New Baby

Attached: 3CF815E6-1D61-4952-B726-3EBA1E70B79E.jpg (2348x4009, 1.75M)

smol

Reminder: only noobs place wah after fuzz
instaud.io/3Utx

vocaroo.com/i/s1uHzx09z4Lv

do the guitar parts work?

Attached: moonstar.gif (183x179, 847K)

Brian May is literally an PhD astrophysicist

good thing he has something to fall back on, cos the music thing ain't workin for him

>Gay & Lame
lol

Attached: 1504932895260.jpg (606x605, 59K)

Anyone plan on getting any of Fenders new Vintera guitars?
Interested in the tele with the custom shop pickups and 4 way switch, maybe the HH jaguar too.

Attached: 0501192129.jpg (4160x2340, 2.67M)

Adjust your bridge and or truss rod

>Hurr Durr anime is for pedophile's
You have any other big brain takes for us?

I agree mate

Attached: 0131191644~2.jpg (2340x4160, 1.67M)

What the fuck is wrong with this turd? The body is so tiny and there are screws on the fretboard
Is this a joke?

That’s Taylor quality for you. Should have bought a Martin.

Yep, it has a bolt-on neck. Weird, right? It's the best sound you can get from a travel/camping-size guitar. Wanted one for the last ten years and it's been great.

The Little Martin is much worse than the Baby Taylor.

Extremely thin neck

reverb.com/item/25541041
really makes me think

You really don't need 24 frets. Everyone thinks they do and then you realize unless you're playing like Steve Vai type shit it really doesn't matter. I would just go for the LP if you like them, just make sure you find one that you like the weight of and also the type of maple top is important if you're worried about the aesthetics, every LP top looks unique cause of the maple

reverb.com/item/25541867-fender-squier-mustang-hh-coral-refinish-nitro-lacquer-by-real-life-relics
>relic of a $150 guitar introduced in 2017

I think I'll chose between a tele or an lp
thomann.de/it/fender_player_series_tele_mn_btb.htm

thomann.de/it/epiphone_les_paul_standard_plus_pro_mf.htm

I also liked the looks of this thomann.de/it/jackson_x_series_slx_tamo_ash.htm

needs some guitar with super slashy reverb and maybe tremolo

the vox need more conviction or nick cave or something. Just stand 4 feet away from the mic and yell some of them I guess.

People are so fucking stupid.

Speak for yourself, faggot.

found the reliced squier owner

Did somebody just paint over the new surf green squier version and relic it? And someone bought it

I'd probably lean towards the Tele in this case, thats probably the best of the 3 IMO. If you can't afford an entry Gibson, I never find the Epi's are worth it.. unless this is your 1st guitar? I didn't read all the previous posts. The Jackson is OK but that entry level Floyd Rose can be a nightmare to re-string and tune, unless you have dealt with one before. They're good once setup, but I personally can't stand them even after learning the setup process on one.

OG FLCL is super kino

I only play authentic, kid.

Attached: IMG_20190701_121222.jpg (4608x3456, 2.44M)

As a second guitar, my 1st guitar is a shitty 130 euros squire..

Imagine actually thinking this

Depends. Some can some can't. THAT with a bass probably not, but an OC3 was designed with bass in mind. Just do research on the particular pedal in mind

How many guitars do you actually need?

I've got about five grand (bongbucks) in gear and I think it's time to go minimal.

Oh ok. Its hard to go wrong with a Tele. I think they just released another Mexican line that has some more vintage specs, I really like the look of the 50s one. They're bulletproof guitars and don't go out of tune pretty much at all and they sound nice for clean and overdrive. I guess if your budget is at this range you could go for the Epi if you want, its still a nice guitar I just never liked how they feel and play compared to even the cheapest Gibsons.

Attached: squire.png (1520x667, 15K)

This is my wee collection. I don’t need anything else, although I would quite like a travel guitar for taking to friends houses, parties, holidays etc.

I’d be embarrassed using anything more expensive than my 00015m on stage, most people play Epiphones and Yamahas at open mics.

Attached: C35279E0-F366-4E15-B60C-91B57BEACDB4.jpg (2250x3000, 1.32M)

thanks

thanks, i'll try it out when i get the chance

Attached: arugibson.png (270x360, 63K)

>looking at guitars online
>check details
>made in china

DROPPED

Attached: images (1).png (311x162, 8K)

Here's a document i typed up. it teaches (You) how to read music and utilize it so you dont have to be tab reliant. its great for those just picking up a guitar or for people wanting to compose but are stuck. it can help many to advance in general and i strongly recommend taking the time to read it. I wish (You) the best.

s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=24322554105691844692

Attached: 1555721712777.png (2048x1302, 1.08M)

i would get the vintera 70s strat and put some stickers on it. the one with the burst finish although I prefer maple fingerboards

Please don't read this document, it's rambling garbage that will only serve to confuse. There are plenty of competently written theory guides on the internet: start with the links in the OP.

1: Save your money and get something nice, the difference between chinese guitars and slightly nicer entry level planks is not large enough to be appreciated
2: Those three guitars are nothing alike. Just for playability, the telecaster has a more rounded fretboard and a longer scale length, and the epiphone has a flatter fretboard and shorter scale length, and the jackson is as long as the tele but as flat as the epiphone, but wider..

>Made in Mexico
>To old fender specs aka trash compared to what's available today

No. If I wanted a vintage guitar I'd buy a real one and keep it in a nice display case.

I'll try a tele and a gibson at my friend's house tomorrow and I'll make um my mind

toan

youtube.com/watch?v=irurSXDlOZc

use your whammy bar you fucking cucks

Way to go and hinder the growth of curious minds you philistine

I have a Danelectro, a Bronco bass, a bunch of Fender electrics, a nice Washburn solid wood dreadnought, a travel acoustic, and a beater Yamaha nylon string and I still want an SG. Everyone’s needs are different but I like having a lot of guitars to choose from when it’s time to write or practice.

There’s also something to be said for creating minimal setups from your current gear stash and shelving what you don’t want to be distracted by. I’d advise against selling stuff on a whim.

>Playing metal in a major key with a trap beat in the background

We've come so far

uhh, what? That's not a link to polyphia, there's no metal or trap there

>Implying mateus asato, chon, and polyphia aren't all the same shit

they're very clearly not tho
sorry about your baby ears I guess

With that many shitty guitars you could probably give them out for free

I like my guitars

>he doesn't have extra guitars for non-standard tunings

I feel like I cant get my nails short enough to play comfy

are those P(fokin)90's in the guitar!?

No, JM pickups aren’t P90s

try shaping them instead

>guitar favoritism so hard your other guitar gets rusty strings
im so fucking sorry itll never happen again i swear

I do this in a cycle.

>mfw flatwound strings on a strat

Attached: 1502752545293.png (680x671, 583K)

I have two guitars

A nice-ish gookplank for playing at home
And a total piece of shit I carry around with a headphone amp so I don't get bored when visiting family

any brer here have experience with old Japanese Gibson clones? Trying out a late 70s Memphis LP from Craigslist and not sure what to expect

Based

Attached: 1517434201948.jpg (600x800, 57K)

yer 2bh, Korea at the very least

When strumming a chord like for example a simple Am, do you strum it in such a way that you don't hit the E string, or do you mute the E string with your fretting hand finger and strum all 6 strings?

For the longest time i only did the former, being careful to just not hit the E string, but the other day i watched a Justin guitar video about A shape barre chords and he said to mute the E string with the tip of the finger so you don't play it while strumming.

Have i been doing it wrong all this time?

The jewish lizard people running the government don't want you to know.

don't let the results of outsourcing labor to lower costs fool you, since it usually comes with lowering costs in many other ways. country of origin does not guarantee quality or lack thereof.

there are some craptastic american and japanese made guitars out there.

Cant bend for shit on flatwound, better on bass

I'd just call this smooth jazz prog or fusion desu.

yea the options from Indonesia and such are much better these days. ultimately you should anything you are considering buying

>Used to be a bottom fag who could only enjoy it up the butt
>Rode cock literally every night
>Sometimes crossdressed and imagined what I would look like as a girl
>Been turning straight ever since i picked up bass
>Actually had sex with a woman

Why didn't you guys tell me bass was so bigoted and problematic? I was well on my way to taking recreational estrogen wtf

Attached: 986b09165a0918244e501d4674a00392004bc0b6_hq.jpg (1024x576, 37K)

I agree with you
Maybe don't post trash "guides" that over promise and under deliver.

is this really a boomer thread now

I don’t ever bother with muting the strings. It doesn’t really matter if you accidentally brush the E string on most chords when you’re strumming as quite often E is a note of the chord you are playing or it will just get drowned out by the other strings you meant to strike.

what do you mean

do whatever feels comfortable
muting is way more important for playing lead guitar and certain styles of music, if youre worried about strumming basic chords just learn one way and stick with it

Bro, bass guitar is still a guitar, it should be making you gayer.
90% of sissies taking pics in their bedrooms have guitars and amps all over the place anyway
Maybe your body is just trying to rebel before the natural process takes full root

Attached: censored = sfw.jpg (640x480, 67K)

If you’re really bothered though it’s far easier to mute with your thumb rested on the string than one of your fingers.

E (the note) is in Am, and C for that matter, so it’s definitely in play, just make sure it isn’t getting the brunt of your strumming force or it will drown out the other strings and their notes. I see this a lot with students actually

Yeah, it definitely isn’t a problem for me personally after a few years of playing, if I hit the E string it’s usually because I want a bit more punch to my A chord (same goes with hitting A on a D chord).

>Want a specific bass
>Want to buy it used
>Forced to wait for someone to sell it
>When I finally find one it's gonna be two states away
Free me from this hell

Attached: IMG_5001.jpg (739x415, 38K)

What if you're lying and trying to convert well meaning gays into straights with your boomer instrument?

bass is indisputably straighter than guitar
seriously, no one can refute this

What if your gutiar is also a bass?

Attached: djentecaster.jpg (700x525, 89K)

trans

that's actually gayer than either guitar or bass

wtf are you doing? go get it now

recommend me compression and od 2 in 1 pedals please

should I feel bad that a good part of my improv is pre-practiced licks

jazz man

everyone's is
as long as you have actual melody moving around between them and aren't spamming them too much it's all good

ESP M-II with P90s swapped in.

Metal guitars are really good except for the pickups. Facts of life.

that's how you start your game, just string stuff together in a cohesive way

some of those xotic boost/od pedals have some light compression i think (BB, AC, RC). check out which 1 is your fave

I meant that when I finally do find one it'll be far as fuck - I still haven't even found a viable one yet.

start posting wanted ads all over your craigslist then

i would totally get this and put white knobs on it. i wonder how the fuzz compares to a big muff

Attached: Dark-Side-Instructions-02-1.jpg (2550x1098, 2.49M)

I bought Rocksmith on sale because my irl friend recommended I bought it, even gave the cable too. First 5 posts chooses what songs I download to try out first

ur mums solo album

Attached: rolling-on-the-floor-laughing.png (256x256, 64K)

shut up dude my mum's solo album is really good

aw shit guess I'll have to make the charts for a 4 hour long post-avant industrial surfgaze jazzcore fusion album

>tfw my mum is Kate Bush

vocaroo.com/i/s1wS7zCylrjt

solo is shit

Attached: monkey riding pig.gif (400x300, 1.98M)

bouree
stairway to heaven
freebird
sweet home alabama
comfortably numb
waiting room
raining blood
running up that hill
debaser
paranoid android
home sweet home
loveless (the movie)

This: Literally all improvisers steal and use each other's licks. There's a reason "the Lick" is so ubiquitous that it became a meme. There's also "Coltrane patterns", "Charlie Parker lines", the "Freddie Green rhythm", and "Bill Evans chords" and a host of other ideas that have become synonymous with particular improvisers because of the extent to which those musical devices were used by the musicians associated with them.

Some of my favorites which I've come up with names for:

Greg Howe licks: moving a lick up in minor thirds over a static chord (other musicians do this, for sure, I just hear it a lot in Howe's playing and I think it sounds cool because it can be hard to develop ideas over static chords in rock)

Django Reinhardt licks: running down from the minor third to the tonic, then playing the major 7th on a minor 7th chord

Malmsteen arpeggios: moving a diminished arpeggio up in minor thirds until you reach the octave, and I characterize this separately from a Greg Howe lick because it's SUCH a Malmsteen sound; it's like The Lick for neoclassical shred

be more confident in your picking, you sound nervous about hitting wrong notes and it's making your rhythm stiff

I can hear the depression.

nah, seems to fit the song, just needs to be mixed down

also, after the solo and the whammy bar, if you want it to "fit" more either keep the dive going so it feedbacks onto the song...

or keep the abrupt end and have the entire rhythm section stop with it. Rest, then kick in again. That tiny bit of silence will increase the effect of it without overdoing it and that's the better idea imo

are you 14?

NEW THREAD

>JM pickups
Never heard of those, what's the deal with them?

Leo Fender put them into some offset fender that he designed with jazz players in mind but they never touched the thing. It became cool again when surf rockers and indie bands picked them up for cheap in pawn shops. The pickups became known as JM pickups named after J Mascis from dinosaur junior

J Mascis uses literal p90s ( in a jazzmaster housing) in his signature guitars though.

Attached: 71hymKeVebL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x495, 57K)

What causes noise behind the nut?