What's the point of a record player?

what's the point of a record player?

Attached: best-record-player-turntable1-e1547693464113.jpg (1500x1106, 230K)

Wanna spend some $$ on me at Urban Outfitters?

Attached: 7EE6F2C0-480B-4B02-921A-E00894C731BA.jpg (235x215, 12K)

To listen to records

I'm so fucking horny for art hoes. I want to fuck a coked-out tumblr hipster DIY aesthetic astrology thot in her lip gloss DSL mouth. I want to cum all over a girl with thick frame glasses and edge dyed bobcat bangs. Everytime I hear a THICK, waist-high-jean-clad braindead choker-wearing slutty wiccan minx say "yikes", "y'all", "big mood", "cancelled" or "this is a bop", I get an uncontrollable urge to run up to her and fondle her d cups and sweaty fat thighs. I want to pour my white olive oil onto her contoured cheeks and neotenous faces and rhinoplatisized nose. I want to finger an art hoe through her jean overalls while pretending to be interested as she talks about van gogh and arctic monkeys and how david foster wallace fans suck and gilles deleuze and VICE news and 'union pool' in williamsburg and steven universe and homeopathy and saveur magazine and taking adderallto pass exams. IM SO. Fucking. Horny

but CDs exist now

depends on what you want out of it. i have a direct drive table (belt driven tables are for faggots and plebs) with pitch control. i use it to sample things through my mixer or to play my really old classics. comfy as fuck.

it's called a needle

is it even possible to play blue oyster cult on one?
I think records are way before them

>Ion
Trash table for trash people.

>CDs
Disgusting

To play records for the aesthetic. I don't need a reason other than I like them. Fuck off nerd.

How much would I have to spend to get a decent record player

I can put like tons of songs on a CD though
how many songs can you fit on a record?
like 4?

CDs were great until digital downloads were a viable option. And now that they are CDs are useless hunks of pointless garbage only designed to fill future landfills.

So glad I never fell for the vinyl meme, anyone else?

>is it even possible to play blue oyster cult on one?
of course.
>I think records are way before them
the lp format was invented in 1948, but it was the go-to format for releasing stuff for decades.

The cheapest I’d go would be $110 new for an Audio-Technica LP60. Pretty solid first record player, through the LP120 is miles better.

you can't put a record into a car stereo

>but it was the go-to format for releasing stuff for decades.
I wish I didn't I've got way too much money invested and it's too much effort to sell them for me. Good conversation piece when i have friends over though.

You can however plug an aux cord to your phone or music player and not have a glove box full of garbage.

cuz i like to listen to music but in a much more complicated pain in the ass method of listening to them. but who cares its all about having that cool looking record collection mannnnn!!! itll impress all the chicks who will one day come back to my crib! itll happen one day!

Fluance RT 80 is nice and looks nice. If you have patience hit up local thrift stores and browse around. Google any you find to see if it's worth the 20-50 dollar they'll charge for it. Found a sansui sr 929 for $25 and I haven't had to look since.

>it'll happen one day!
Look at all that projecting. I'm sorry you can't get laid like others can. My records have nothing to do with it.

Wrong quote

Came here to say this