Why do so many punk fans hate post-punk?

Why do so many punk fans hate post-punk?

Attached: postpunk.jpg (1500x1500, 1004K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hHfG52BRRBY
youtube.com/watch?v=V5Ck0ipaV2c
youtu.be/a8URFO8sQHg
youtu.be/JPXMqjXGgRU
youtu.be/ObFIztY9M1c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>punk fans in 2019
good joke

it turned music that was about ideology and accessibility of common people into an art school intellectual playground

It makes punk look bad

Punk made itself look bad shiteater

Literally too big brained for them. Punk fans can't handle anything that isn't the same three chord, two minute long, punk song over and over again ad nauseam. Post-punk took too many chances.

even though punk wanted to distance itself from the macho attitudes of popular rock music, some of it slowly started developing more and more of those same attitudes.

basically apes saying shit like PUNK IS ALL ABOUT THE ENERGY, YOU KNOW? EXPERIMENTATION IS GAY

Attached: R-1524546-1502393025-8676.jpeg.jpg (600x450, 76K)

(and that's a good thing)

Cause it wasn’t just mongs playing power chords and screaming unintelligible shit about politics. Not ‘REAL’ punk.

>Why do so many punk fans hate post-punk?
im sorry, WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THIS FROM?
post-punk and punk/hardcore were very tightly intertwined from day one. minutemen opened for public image, mission of burma played with black flag, husker du and the replacements toured together (the replacements even eventually did a set with the butthole surfers) etc etc etc

the fact of the matter is that a lot of post-punk veered into new wave territory, and in the 80s new wave was the enemy. additionally, hardcore punk was working class, whereas post-punk and its more art-school sensibilities was a little more middle class, but don't act like fans of either hated the each other, they recorded on the same labels for god's sake.

a lot of hardcore bands came from a post-punk background (husker du, and then went back to post-punk) and a lot of post-punk bands came from hardcore backgrounds (early sonic youth comes to mind).

labels founded to cater to hardcore punk fans would constantly feature experimental albums. is everyone forgetting that Negativland was the band that basically bankrupted SST?

very, very poorly informed thread.

Post-Punk is the only legitimate punk subgenre, and it holds more claim to the "punk" title than literally any genre that came after. Hardcore, D-Beat, grindcore, crust, etc. has less in common with true punk rock than post-punk does. The first wave of post-punk was made up of members of the original punk scene. Members of the Sex Pistols and the Buzzcocks formed Public Image and Magazine, Warsaw became Joy Division, Wire released Chairs Missing, and so on. It's the most "true" continuation of punk.

If you consider only the scene's blood, then yes. However, soundwise, it is undeniable that the average d-beat album has more in comon with punk than post-punk.

i love post punk and hate punk

Fanzine: What do you think of the Pop Group?
Discharge: Wank!
Fanzine: What do you think of Crass?
Discharge: Wank! Wank! Wank! Rainy is gonna kick the bald one up the arse.
Fanzine: Which member of Crass is that?
Discharge: Whichever one hits his boot first!

Attached: A-257137-1473022074-3642.jpeg.jpg (600x472, 93K)

*muffled glam metal playing in the distance*

Discharge are supremely overrated. They're often incorrectly credited with creating the D-beat (even Fantano has said this) but the Buzzcocks did it first, years before them.

minutemen, public image, mission of burma, black flag, hüsker du and the replacements were all open minded since day one

The emocore scene was born because hardcore punk was getting all macho and stupid. Read on it.

Very, very poorly informed post.

>this thing is the "TRUE" one and all the other ones are FALSE because I say so
Go fuck yourself. Every single thing that came out of punk deserves the "true continuation of punk" title. Whether it's commercialization of the "rebel" image or anti-establishment artistic motivations, they all were born from the same pool.

can't expect less from a Buzzcock worshipper

Care to post an example of Buzzcocks playing d-beat? don't really know much about them except that they pioneered pop-punk.

why do so many retards make unsupportable generalized statements in an infantile attempt to get (You)s

They're not playing "D-beat" the genre. I was talking about the typical D-beat drum beat. Fantano said that Discharge were the first punk band to use this drum beat, but here it is being played by a punk band in 1978.
youtu.be/hHfG52BRRBY

>gives examples of hardcore bands working with post-punk bands, plus the biggest hardcore label working with experimental artists
>n-no not those those dont count
2. i never claimed hardcore wasn't getting macho and stupid. it was, and i did read up on emocore and the early D.C scene.
but that doesn't mean that "hardcore punk fans always hated post-punk music," now does it? it means hardcore, in some areas attracted people who were only into it because of violence and speed. were these people the majority of hardcore fans and musicians? fuck no.

it's very interesting to see how some 70s punk outfits pioneered the hardcore sound
youtube.com/watch?v=V5Ck0ipaV2c

t. has literally never been to a punk show
keyboard warriors strike again

Attached: 345y.jpg (279x200, 7K)

I agree. Believe it or not, this is Joy Division before they changed their name. I think this is from '77 or '78.
youtu.be/a8URFO8sQHg
youtu.be/JPXMqjXGgRU
youtu.be/ObFIztY9M1c

i like both
but of course this is Yea Forums so you have to perpetually be engaged in some retarded genre war that serves no purpose other than ego stroking

Christ, Hook's bass is hilariously deep in these, love it.