Animal Collective

discuss

Attached: images - 2019-07-04T135617.022.jpg (678x452, 36K)

overrated söyboy band

They never made a good album

good but bad, if that makes sense

Here Comes The Indian is still the best album of the century so far, sorry

Their pop stuff has become stale lately. They should turn back into making abstract tribal stuff a la Here Comes the Indian or more contemplative folk stuff, like based Deakin.

Sung Tongs was a fantastic album, and they've had some other relatively good albums such as Feels or Spirit They're Gone, but lately they've been more of a single band for me. Admittedly they do surprise me on each new release in some aspect and do undeniably have they're own style from album to album.

ONLY MY BEST FRIEND USE THE COKE POT CRACK

best band of the 00's

OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP

Dude, have you even listened to their last two albums? They did that and they still don't have it. Avey's latest solo album has more energy and better.

Attached: Animal Collective - Tangerine Reef.jpg (500x500, 380K)

Fall Be Kind>MPP>Strawberry Jam>Sung Tongs>Spirit>Feels>HCTI>Centpede>Tangerine

Yeah, parts of it. I don't know how to word it, but I've felt it was all too busy and electronic. They're at their best when they use as a foundation more organic and natural sounds and mix them with their usual electronic shenanigans, instead of the other way around. Their recent stuff feels less focused on creating an immersive atmosphere so it all feels kinda lacking.

Man of Oil was the last good song they did in a long long time.

I liked Sleep Cycle and Buoys though, and would love to hear more from Deakin. But the AnCo group I'm much less interested in these days.

Thoughts on Cowpond?

I never really gave it and Eucalyptus more than 2 or so listens each. Should I get into them more? How do they compare to say Down There or Sleep Cycle?

it’s not fucking fair that their greatest work is probably in a landfill somewhere

>In the summer of 2000, the four friends spent several months at Portner's apartment in downtown New York City intensely playing music together using antiquated synthesizers, acoustic guitars, and household objects. According to Lennox, in this summer the basis for all of Animal Collective's later music was created. However, all recordings of this period were stolen when Portner changed apartments and packed up the car the night before he moved.

My favourite AnCo album

Attached: serveimage.jpg (600x600, 184K)

greatest lyric of all time

Danse Manatee > HCTI > STGSTV > Hollinndagain > Sung Tongs > Feels > Campfire Songs > MPP > Painting With > Strawberry Jam > Centipede HZ

Didn't listen to Tangerine Reef yet

Based. If they’re The Beach Boys of our generation, is Panda Bear Brian Wilson? Who is the Beatles of our generation?

Death Grips

Here comes the Indian is Danse Manitee but good

What about Meeting of the Waters?

The Beatles were never that revolutionary

You're a fucking idiot or high if you think DG were more revolutionary than the Beatles. Erase the Beatles from history and the entire world of pop music would be changed. Erase DG and only Fantano and some angsty white boys would notice.

Danse Manatee is underrated. Feels is their best album.

Whether you like them or not there is literally no band that can be compared to them.

a bunch of dads who used to play grandpa's guitars

Death Grips and the Beatles are two knots at opposite ends of the same rope

MGMT